Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1901: Granny Jumper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/efTloIPzkkA?list=PLA6FADF0583A3CE28
make.girls.moe/#/
en.inkei.net/vagina/a
en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Valeria!Nubee
katawa-shoujo.com/
en.inkei.net/vagina/a/NuBee!Valeria!20171126
en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Jumper!Jump-Chan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is my favourite video of the entire series. The autism if off the charts youtu.be/efTloIPzkkA?list=PLA6FADF0583A3CE28

WAT

New thread, new questions. What is your favorite vacation jump? That one jump that you went to to relax and not mess with the plot.

Because it's a blight on fiction. It makes my inner liberal arts major (ain't that something for a ChemE to say) scream in pain. It's assembling stories from trends, like writing is some kind of Mad Libs but with archetypes and stereotypical scenes. A character doesn't fight dirty because he's a street brawler who's been picking fights in bars half his life, he fights dirty because he's a Combat Pragmatist (tm). It's regurgitating archetypes and tropes, which leads to characters acting inconsistently because they have to fulfill the tropes rather than act according to their character.

So Jumpers, what is the most chuuni or edgy thing you have done?

Skyrim

That's why you don't fucking write with trying to fulfill tropes in mind, but at the same time Tropes work well for classification of characters and settings after the shit's finished.

Wii sports resort

Have you exported your favorite memes to alternate internets yet, /jc/?

Talk about a Rant-Inducing Slight™! Don't go off on a Face Heel Turn™ now, understand? Wouldn't want to use a No Holds Barred Beatdown™ to put you back in shape (since Redemption Equals Death™)!

(end me™)

It's a mix between CATastrophe and Undwerworld.

I'm not sure how well those mix.

>(end me™)

No. Your suffering must be prolonged.

This is fun.
make.girls.moe/#/

So is this.
en.inkei.net/vagina/a
Enter your jumper's name, and their waifu's, and click "analyze".
>tfw100%compatibility

Yeah, but nobody tells these idiots that.

user no, do not. That way lies only spam.

That's why I said they were morons in my post that you initially responded to.

Facing Undulant in Konosuba. I took Megumin's place when h first showed up. It was jump 11 with my rage and frustration of no companions getting to me. I was promised companions if I killed the Demon King.
"Do you have any idea who I am?!" Lightning strikes behind me. "I am Sir user>, Guardian of the Sinnoh region!" Flashy Aura flash of power.
"Captain of the Seattle PD!"
My eyes start to glow green. "Ambassador of the Ghost Zone!"
Nothing happens. "Survivor of the Cursed Springs of Jusenkyo!"
The sun blackens. "Son of Nyx! Goddess of the Night!" Activate my aura of fear.
"Wizard of professor of Unseen University!"
Thunder and lightning! "King of the Labyrinth!"
"Wanderer of the Wasteland!" Activate Terrifying Presence. he should be good and frightened at this point. Summon my staff with a low voice so people have to strain to hear me, "This was a give from Hephaestus, God of Smiths. It was bless by Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth and Nyx, Goddess of Night. I took it with a promise that I would be better than most gods. I would be there for those that people shunned. That even if I didn't have worshipers I would be the God of Outcasts." The sheer fear as he tries to run away. With a flick of power I dispel his teleport. "DID I SAY YOU WERE ALLOWED TO LEAVE!" Everyone is silent as more lightning flashes. The look on Aqua's face is priceless. "I'm not like those fancy gods that sit on their asses while people sing my name! I'm a physical god. I protect my own with my own hands and you just threatened MY mage! But I got good news. You don't have to wonder where your god is, because he's right here. An he's fresh out of mercy."

Looking for companions (and an element) to fit this trend:

Electricity --> Metal --> ? --> Magic --> Beast --> Shadow --> Light --> Plant/Organic --> Electricity

Does anyone happen to have a link to that Stellar Transformation WIP?

Mega Man's Robot Master set?

Facing Dullahan.
Stupid autocorrect.

Um... as much as I'd like to help you out, could you clarify the question?

Earth, maybe?
Not sure who'd be good for that slot, though.

To fill the void you could have classical Elements (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire).
And obviously an avatar or elemental mage would fill that slot.

Mystery or Science for the missing element?

I can't believe you've done this

I'd have to say Katawa Shoujo. Yeah, I'm a little biased. Shut up. It's just one of those comfy universes I know inside and out, so it's easy to write for without having to wiki-dive or rewatch/replay something. I can just dive into it and write a fun little slice-of-life story.

If I had to choose someone else's Jump though, Spirited Away and the Hot Springs Hotel scenario hands down. Sure, it's still running a business and not entirely a vacation, but it's a constant hot springs episode with Jumper and his Companions. And everyone loves the obligatory hot springs episode.

I sang an immortal to death. Well, technically I just weakened her resolve to stay alive a little and it had a cascading effect on the magic keeping her alive, but it sounds way edgier when say it the other way.

A link between metal and magic? Seems kind of odd, but I'd have to go with Clockwork (as in Golem) as the element and suggest Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon from the Persona Jump.

This happens every time someone posts something like this. This isn't even the first time for this site.

That's what I'm going for.
That might work.
I am looking for companions that would fit the above elements, and an element that can somehow be justified to be strong against magic, while weak against metal

Somehow, I foresee this becoming a new form of shitposting.

Yknow what I can't

I can't shitpost this thread.
The bar's already been set so low anything I do would be stepping over it. The bar's six feet under and had its eulogy spoken.

Dont understimate yourself user!

Shit, that's good.

I don't see how it would.
It would require original thought and actually contributing something, no matter how minor.

THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO
I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH DIGNITY TO THROW OUT

Overlord. Of course, only really when using the ring to go back and visit my old pal Momonga. Otherwise I honestly don't know. Civilization, maybe? 10,000 years of drinking wine and half-assedly leading people to a super civilization seems like a vacation to me.

>Katawa Shoujo As someone that knows nothing about this world, could you give a brief rundown of it?

I actually went through the reverse of this dicussion.

I.e. I swore in front of the protagonist and co. that I would not attempt to kill their waifu. I then proceeded to orchestrate an overly complex scheme that cumulated with the death of the Designated Waifu.

When the heroes inevitably found out, knowing what I am, they were both enraged, incredulous, and concerned.

Then I pulled the "It's not an attempt if you succeed" card. Their expressions made the whole thing, and the beating I took afterwords, completely worth it.

Cripple school.
Feminist conspiracy.
Manly picnic.
That's all you really need to know.

Huh?

>Implying should you have any dignity left as a shitposter
You cant be the perfect shitposter if you are not at the same level as a maggot

WHO NEEDS DIGNITY WHEN THERE'S SHITPOSTING TO DO, YOU MASSIVE FUCKING FAGGOT?
YOU CAN TAKE YOUR DIGNITY, AND SHOVE IT UP WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!

Shiiieeeeeeet. Well that didn't work.

You need to break your limitations and reach deeper into the empty barrel that is your dignity than you ever did before, and dig up the second secret barrel hidden deep inside your soul.

en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Valeria!Nubee
It was supposed to be that.

Learn how to screenshot or selection tool, man.

Alright that pic has made me want to read the El Goonish thing.

>en.inkei.net/vagina/a
>6 times for the guy
>2 times for the girl
Huh. I dont think this is right.

Yeah... I thought just saving the image would work. I was wrong.

What is even happening on that first site? The easy answer is that it's just generating cute anime girls from the input parameters, but why do only some of the results look ok, while everything else looks like a fucking Picasso painting?

I think what my issue comes down to is, if the more expensive quirk is what determines the married quirk's tier, why does the price of the second quirk matter at all? It just doesn't make sense to me that you can have two different marriages, for example lets say a 3+2 and a 3+1, that should both give you a tier 3, but one costs more than the other.

I'm really sorry if this comes across as mean or anything, but I think there's just something I'm overlooking. I think it really does all just come back to price for me.

It's combining and recoloring various images according to some kind of genetic algorithm.

Best Dad is like half of the reason I liked the original. Him, my fetishes, and the Mulder and Scully clones.

This is a pretty cute maid

10/10 would invite along as a follower.

Welp. Looks like I'm waifuing Taylor Hebert or Lisa. Huh... How did it end like this.

>Affinity: 100%

You know what I'll take a god damn victory where I can get it.

It's a visual novel based around a high school for physically disabled teenagers. The protagonist has heart problems and gets sent there for his last year of high school after recovering as much as he can. From there the story branches out in a lot of different directions based on your choices, but focuses around one of five girls. If you choose none of them, which is hard to do on purpose, you end up at a Bad End.

The story branches vary in complexity. One only has a two or three choices in it, while another has nearly a dozen. But the real treat is the difference in tone and lesson that the protagonist learns on each route. It can vary dramatically and the endings can be pretty heartwarming when you get there.

It's also free, only a few hours long for most routes beginning to end, and it's worth a play through. There's some naughtiness, but it varies in level of hotness from comedic to 5 alarm fire depending on your tastes.

katawa-shoujo.com/

If you just want a primer, I tried to do a good job of getting the feel of the setting down in my Jump without overfluffing too hard. But if you plan to read the visual novel, do that first. There's all sorts of spoilers in the Jump.

Going in, just know that the art starts out.....bad, but gets progressively better over time.

I'd actually compare it to Gunnerkrigg Court in that regard, though the former is more serious in tone as the series goes on and significantly less preachy.

But that's because everyone in Gunnerkirgg Court is fucked up in the head to some degree or another, with varying degrees of noticeability.

Except Kat. She's great.

Jump 37: Superman - The Animated Series
Origin: Drop-In
Secret Identity: Hero [+600 for Powers]
Perks:
Life of Bibbo
Anti-Life Immunity [700]
You Are Stronger Than You Think You Are [0]

Items:
Radiation Proof Suit

Powers:
Kryptonian Physiology [0p] [100]
Fine Control [200]

Drawbacks:
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Oath Against Killing [200]
I Forgot [400]

>"Are you just a victim of circumstance, a pawn of a destiny you've long since lost control of?"
>"Or are really the hero of this story?"

So I had planned to make a big writefag about this before the day ended, but uh...I can see the thread is about to snowball into something weird and I'm kinda dreading work tomorrow, so that'll have to wait. You guys do weird things whenever I tab out for too long.

This would probably be nigh impossible to find a companion for, but if you count plastic and other polymers as a single "element" than that would probably work as an overarching "artificial" element. Since a metal blade could probably cut through most plastics with relative ease, and some settings consider science to be the opposite of magic, that could work there.

Might I recommend an evasive suicide?

Good taste user

What do you mean, ABOUT to?

Thank you. I'm adding it to my list of To Do jumps.

I'm surprisingly ok with it as long as you can cut off Taylor's bitterness and cynicism.

>About to

Bruh.
This was inevitable.

Awesome! If you do any writing about it, I hope you share. Always nice to see builds and writing here.

I-I didnt know you and digger g-got along so well senpai

>the original
EGS
fuck how the fuck did I get the original out of that

How do you do that in Worm? Did you become her light?

You know what, I actually think that's a really good point that I haven't really thought about before. How does this sound then for a potential change?

You pay full price for the higher tier Quirk of the two you're planning on marrying, then 100CP for the second no matter what tier since it's the higher tier Quirk is where all the real power and utility comes in, while the second one at that point in the union is mostly offering the effect? So marriages end up costing somewhere between 100 and 400 tops instead of 100 to 700?

That's, wow, Futa Valeria's dick comes straight out of a horror movie with that size. Meanwhile, when I entered the information the other way around it well uh, you guys may wanna see yourself.

en.inkei.net/vagina/a/NuBee!Valeria!20171126

Hatesex best sex

Reminder that it is currently Katurday.

And yeah, EGS has been running for 15 years, so it's got that gradual art/tone shift you see from other longrunning webcomics.

Pretty much everyone in the FBI is great, honestly.

>Futa Valeria's dick

Magic Inter-Universal Whales messed with your noggin.

>Reminder that it is currently Katurday.
Yes, yes it is.

This is great.

Y'all are fucking weird.

I'm just going to say MCU Part 1 updates are coming on strong, and multiple things are being added from stuff like warehouse attachments, M-Ships, Chitauri power batteries, Punisher's Party Van and other things.

>that futa Val dick

.....why

Will there be more 'infinite food supply' items? Also, what kind of warehouse attachments?

Booze. Lots of booze.

Hangar for your aerospace/deep space vehicles, automated workshop, and anything else people can think of.

>Booze. Lots of booze.
I think we're all going to need some of that for this thread.

This is a little weird, even for me.

I'm under no delusion that this is particularly clever, but I felt that someone had to do it eventually.

en.inkei.net/vagina/a/Jumper!Jump-Chan

This is a little weird for everyone. Even Ankh.