imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Reveals the strats, traits, relics, and FLG's Damage Control
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=VaLsg3M7jOs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9L32YTGfBcA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adeptus_Ministorum(8E)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best regiment, Elysian drop troops.

Got 2 nid lists here that need critiqued. First list I played once and had a blast with, but those hive guard are staring me down and I want to try them in list 2.

Heavy Venom Cannons are so much better than Tyrannofexes it's not even funny.

2k Kronos Tyranids (before 50 pt hike in Malanthrope cost)
Battallion
3x Tyrant with wings, HVC, monstrous rending claws, toxin sacs (1 has miasma cannon)
3x Warriors with talons, 2 deathspitters and a venom cannon

Spearhead
Malanthrope
1x Carnifex with senses, spore cysts, HVC, twin deathspitters with slimer maggots, bone mace
Exocrine
Exocrine

Spearhead
Prime with boneswords, flesh hooks, deathspitter
3 Biovores
Carnifex with senses, spore cysts, HVC, twin deathspitters with slimer maggots, bone mace
Carnifex with senses, spore cysts, HVC, twin deathspitters with slimer maggots, bone mace

New list: less HVC but more Impaler. Cannons

2k Kronos Nids
Battallion
2x Tyrant with wings, HVC, monstrous rending claws, toxin sacs, adrenal glands (1 has miasma cannon)
3x Warriors with talons, 2 deathspitters and a venom cannon

Spearhead
Prime with boneswords, deathspitter, toxin sacs
2x Carnifex with senses, spore cysts, HVC, twin deathspitters with slimer maggots, bone mace
Exocrine
Exocrine

Vanguard
Prime with boneswords, deathspitter, toxin sacs
3 Hive Guard
3 Hive Guard
3 Hive Guard

Will the hive guard pull enough damage through to be worth a unit of Biovores, 2 HVC and a tyrant's melee/psychic potential?

I realized today that nothing about this hobby is fun to me anymore. I just dont feel anything.

I literally refuse to play until i have my army fully painted. This has left me mostly shit posting on Veeky Forums for the past 2 years.

fuck the tau

Aaaaarrrrggghhh

Anyone have a good image of "da rulez" with orks in it? I'm making a pamphlet for a progressive game some people are playing (armies move on to later battles with effects and what not) and I want a good cover page.

Also

Is this a problem with your hobby or your life?

The new meta

The 6k we played today we both agreed to at least a 3 color min. The older I get the less I want to see the grey tide.

you know it. I've been in this hobby too long haha

You just noticed?

I dont feel anything except a mixture of anger, sadness and frustration in varying combonations

Is this still true?

1x Exocrine or 4x Hive Guard?

So how are people kitting their devilfish? I'm gonna have two with Breachers and one with a Strike Team.

Step one: buy Necrons
Step two: spay them with Leadbelcher
Step three: wash in abrax earthshade

done.

Tyranid or Admech?

Are you young and handsome enough to turn this edge into a singing career?

With the new price drop to harlequins embrace making it 1 piont more that caress I ask you guys what is a better weapon:
S4 ap-3 or S5 ap-2?

We dont have a codex yet, I'm optimistic though

yep

mobile, accurate, quality firepower still beats out slow, shitty, inaccurate firepower

I play Blood Angels sadly enough. So

>Earthshade

Nuln oil. Then you'll want to do your highlight drybrush layer, and move onto painting the black and green if you're just going Sautekh. If you wanna do a custom Necron dynasty without going to the bother of a non-metallic scheme, it's pretty simple to paint any raised plates such as warrior's shoulders in a dynasty colour.

nope,im old and fat, the only thing I can do is kill myself

Gun drones are cheap and can come off to protect your breachers. Seems better than smart misses that are expensive and only okay.

Yes, just like MtG benefits from having "trap" or "Timmy" cards that look appealing, but are actually bad choices, it's important for 40k to benefit from bad-choice codexes. It rewards the better players, who have the sense not to pick them.

do you like robots or bugs

but the timmy armies are eldar, marines, and tau, and theyre all great

Do you want your troops to move around the battlefield or remain mostly motionless?

Waiting the two weeks for my new blood angels Codex and I can’t stop thinking about how cool a dark Eldar army would be.

Very rare to see dark Eldar on the table and for a relatively small line, they are pretty effective even with an index list.

And fuck, their line is still amazing for 7 year old plastics.

waaaaay too much effort user.

Magic is literally just a system for funnelling large crates of booster packs to secondary market scalpers though. It's a low maintenance money printing farm.

tyranids have a pretty strong gunline now

how can admech even compete

>Orks
>DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA!: 1 CP, allows an ork Infantry or Biker units to generate extra shots on a 6+ to hit in the shooting phase.
>The Ork bonuses are a bit more subtle than some of the others...Dakka has taken some criticisms but I really like it for units like War Bikers, Lootas and especially Flash Gitz, although it is quite good for just basic Shoota Boyz, too. Mathematically it isn’t going to set the world on fire of course, but I think it is important to remember it is only 1 CP and if you really need to take something down and want to trust a bit to luck, this is a good one. I think it will get used quite a bit more than some folks think. I use it pretty much any time I shoot my Lootas, Tank Bustas or Flash Gitz, personally unless I am saving the CP for something specific. The extra damage can be extremely useful.
--Reece

Im going to kill myself, how should I destroy my army so I can post it to youtube

Lets hear some creative ideas

Well, don't pick Necrons if you aren't willing to put in the effort to paint them then.

Eat it.

It sounds like you've given this some thought.
You can kill yourself, or figure out what you are angry about, frustrated by, and so on, and channel that into a way to kill the president.

>Ork bonuses are a bit more subtle than some of the others

Oh fuck you

I hope they release ynnari and harlequins with them.

>I can't understand that it's mathematically worse than rerolling a to-wound.
Oh wow, and these people were supposed to help balance this shit.

Eh, I've got the same but better as CSM that just flat out doubles my volume of fire and would like to know why the ork version is just worse.

>the Character targeting rule changed, disallowing you from targeting them if any enemy models are closer, whether they are visible or not.

> it also prevents “Rhino-scoping” which is intentionally moving models to block your line of sight to anything but a character,

Wait what? Somebody explain this to me, it cant really be this stupid right?

Why do people listen to Reece? The guy has a voice like he gargles with glass shards.

I like them both. Extragalactic horrors and Old Gods shit is my favorite kind of fantasy/sci fi villain, but I also like the Fallout-y worship of ancient technology that no one understands anymore.

They're both pretty neat.

Pic related

>Necrons
>Effort

pick one

My favorite part is when he justified it by saying, "Mathmatically it isn't going to set the world on fire, but it's fun to use!"

Can anyone more up to date on what we know about CA tell me what the Sisters relic statline is?

You mean don't pick up the hobby. Necrons is one of the easiest to paint.

Why do people get into tabletop minis if they find painting to be a chore?

I mean, you can build the model but you can’t put paint on a brush?

We'z da suttlest gitz around ya kno

It really is. You can't target a character unless they are are closest. period. full stop. Previously, since your own units can block line of sight, you could turn tac squads into snipers by positioning rhinos/razorbacks to block all sight of anything that wasn't the character you wanted to shoot at.

>gotta go fast
Tyranids

Hive Fleet Kraken, specifically

That frontline review in the OP may be full of shit, but it also reproduces all the relics, traits, and strats in very readable and accurate detail. Just avoid reading some of the rest.
Otherwise I got these for everyone but GSC and Knights.

I know a guy who talks like him, but he had an emergency tracheotomy when he was born. Makes me wonder if Reecius had a similar situation.

Building a model is probably 5% of the total effort required for a passable painted model

So I managed to kill Mortarion and 3/4 of a Death Guard army today with my Deathwing, but lost by 1 point (He had first blood which helped him win).

Anyone else had any luck against Primarchs? Who would you say is more fun to face - Magnus or Mortarion?

Pull out of it user. Youre depressed.

it's effectively a 6% increase of hits for 1 CP. It's pretty garbage.

>mfw ravenguard have a warlord trait that makes your warlord immune to overwatch
>mfw it's completely unnessisary b/c of the character rule

I find myself with two boxes of Primaris Aggressors, one of Reivers, and a Repulsor tank. I don't actually play Space Marines, and I've already got a full AdMech and Necron army.

So the question is, I'm torn between holding onto this stuff and slowly acquiring more SM stuff, or selling/trading for more Admech. Thoughts?

>You mean don't pick up the hobby. Necrons is one of the easiest to paint

Well, exactly. If you can't be assed painting the two secondary colours on the generic Necron colour scheme, you aren't ready to paint.

Also nitpick: Sautekh is one of the easiest to paint. You can also bother to get creative and paint them anything other than mostly single tone silver.

Why do other armies get a stratagem to shoot twice while orks, who have worse shooting than anyone, get a worse version of said stratagem

This has to be on purpose right, they cant be that clueless can they. Someone at GW has it out for orks

Can we just go ahead and put youtube.com/watch?v=9L32YTGfBcA in the OP so that people stop asking for what we know about Chapter Approved. I get that it's audio only, but it still covers the whole thing.

Use the latest battlescribe catalog on 1D4chan

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adeptus_Ministorum(8E)

Apparently S+2, AP-3 D3. Replace a power sword.

So a flat out more than triple the damage outpout of a maul that was already the better choice.

Thanks dude.
>a flat 3 damage power sword
I had thought this was too good to be true. Well, time to push in the shit of any T4 Marinefags, and for less than 50 points to boot.

I think it's just that CA is untested garbage they churned out to sell a book.

It's really retarded that units locked in combat count for this.

Reece looks like a person that was intended to grow no taller than 4'2".

>feeding views

>trusting 1d4chan
Where the fuck do you think they get their leaks?

didnt they clarify that the character rule doesnt count in overwatch because its only in the shooting phase

I mean, whats the fucking worse that could have happened if it just let an ork unit shoot twice

How fucking broken could that have possibly been

I got 9 out of 11 pages before I lost the video.

And all the important shit is already in the OP.
The frontline link has all the fucking stat lines.

That depends upon how autistically you interpret the targeting rule, and I'm sure it's going to require an faq. The CA rule says that you can't "target" them, but the overwatch rules says that you fire overwatch against them and that the attacks are resolved "as shooting attacks," but shooting attacks have a step called resolve (I think it's step 4), which comes after the targeting step. So, depending upon how you read the rule, it's possible that overwatch could skip the targeting step and thus circumvent the character targeting rule.

So the new T'au relic is free right? There is no reason i shouldn't take it?

I never got why the 7th edition veil of darkness was once per game.

New chapter approved rule makes no mention of the shooting phase, so that will need to be re-faq'd.

Now that we know the CA changes, I've decided to become a nazi so please rate my caac list:

++ Alpha Legion Battalion ++

- HQ -

CSM Daemon Prince with Wings: Malefic talons, Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime

Sorcerer with Jump Pack: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Presciencel, Death Hex

- Troops -

Chaos Cultists: 40x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh

Chaos Cultists: 10x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh

Chaos Cultists: 10x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh

- Flyer -

Chaos Fire Raptor : Hellstrike missiles, 2x Quad heavy bolter, Twin Avenger Bolt Cannon
++ Alpha Legion Spearhead ++

- HQ -

Daemon Prince with Wings: Malefic talons, Mark of Slaanesh, Delightful Agonies

- Heavy Support -

2 x Obliterators, Mark of Slaanesh

Hellforged Quad Heavy Bolter Rapier w/crew
++ Death Guard Spearhead ++

- HQ -

Chaos Lord (Arch-Contaminator Warlord): Chainsword, Combi-bolter, Fugaris' Helm

- Heavy Support -

3 x Plagueburst Crawler: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

2k points exactly with CA changes.

>htps://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review
>While the Warlord Trait isn’t amazing it is also far from bad as Sisters don’t have a lot of way to mitigate morale and the ability to re-roll a flubbed morale check will keep more of your ladies on the table

The sister are an MSU list in transport.

They are implying that "reroll failed moral test 6" bubble" is better than even the fucking +1 to moral (In MSU, it isnt).

Best trait anyway is legendary fighter to abuse Celestine FLY.

Got this 2000pt (using CA leaks) Night Lords list that I'm going to try against Tau. Main plan is to rape the gunline with the sorc warptiming the talons, raptors follow in, spread that -LD and use the khorne strat on the talons for more pain. Hopefully enough of a hole is opened up to rush at the commanders, then bring everyone else into the fight and keep the terminators ready to delete a vehicle or two.

>I'll take three of these, three of those, and three of these. Oh, and a special character.
>spamming units

Fuck off.

Spic/nigger detected

No reason not to. It takes 0 points, replaces nothing, and although it has a bubble effect, it's also got a non-bubble effect. You could stick it on a nondescript Marksman near the back and just roll for free CP the whole battle.

Relics can't be put on named characters, and I think you can only take one custom one per battle, so when the codex comes out it'll be a choice.
Until then, free for you and me.

>10 man cultist squad repeated twice
>3 Plagueburst
Looks like a spam list to me, you waacfag.

Because when it wasn't in 6th, people pulled crazy stunts with it. A cryptek in any unit let it teleport around the board like crazy.

What happens if I just take 2000 points of spore mines

Surely renegades is better for your second detachment? Advance with your hellbrutes for that better assured melee.

Not sure how wise it is to have a rhino kitted out with so much when its practically the only thing in your list, and its filled to the brim with expensive guys. Its gonna get focussed to hell.

Also Night Lords warlord trait is kinda bad, take the one which makes your opponent do morale checks on 2 dice discarding lowest.

You get tabled quick, and lose models on the offensive. Sounds like fun, DO IT. Bonus points if HQ are Malanthropes.

A warhound is now 2000 points. Assuming the other team isn't kitted out purely for superheavy hunting is it even capable of taking out a 2k army by itself?

Yeah, and that was the gimmick of that Cryptek loadout. It wasn't exactly game breaking.

Now crypteks have no personality. They're just a genericised buffbot that frankly stole the ressurection orb gimmick from the lords.

Is it commander only? If not then ill just take it on a Cadre Fireblade that i am running with my main line of guns.

>Exemplar of the Mont'ka
>Literally what one of our dirt-cheap support systems does.

But why?

>channel that into a way to kill the president.
user should kill you instead.

Easily, yes, but it will still lose via objectives as it will never table anyone by itself.

Take it on whatever HQ you want

No special characters, but are you saying it looks good?

Cultists are very fitting into a fluffy Alpha Legion army, user. I hope that means you like the list!

Opinions? Are hive guard better than my predator-equivalent carnifexen?

You can make hive guard shoot twice with a stratagem, so yes. I've only ever played against nids so can't comment on the rest.