Magic: The Drama

The Drama Continues

Tolarian Community College
responds to Jeremy of Unsleeved Media.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nslCeqwKuCk&t=304s

Plot Thickens

Aether Hub is leaving MTG because Wedge from ManaSource made him feel unwelcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbCBrtear50
twitter.com/UnsleevedMedia/status/935000752036237312
twitter.com/cspranklerun/status/934240018708578304
youtube.com/watch?v=zSxd49zAnvA
twitter.com/maro254/status/931747697119264768
boards.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

forgot the link with Aether Hub

>youtube.com/watch?v=tbCBrtear50

Seems reasonable enough. The Professor simply pointed out that Jeremy takes things way too far too many times.

Eh.

He's our guy, so fuck Jeremy of Unsleeved Media

>our guy
no one is my guy cus i am strong and independent man and I dont need a guide

Does Unsleeved Media actually even play? TCC plays, albeit casually, but Jeremy just seems like he opens products and moans about politics

Fuck that fruitbowl leech "professor", I am not listening to him virtue signal.

I havn't been into MTG for like a year or two.
What's going on with tolarian community college?

No hes a fake as nigga. Watch his earlier videos of him opening older product he acts so unfamiliar with that shit.

nothing about him specifically. A patreon "pro" cosplayer that was popular in the magic community announced she was leaving the game and community because of harassment she had received from Unsleeved media and it's fans over the years. From that announcement big drama exploded and he is making a statement about it.

I'm not a fan of Jeremy. Even though he brings up some points on why there's been such an overeaction/pandering towards the PC environment Wizards has been creating, he botches it with some incoherent rambling with barely any advice. His box openings were far more worse: Nothing to talk about regarding history or playibility of cards he opens.

However, Professor has opened a can of worms by, once again, giving close relatives (the cosplayer) the visage that she was raped or killed, causing an outroar in the community. The type of video he created is indeed something he's not quite familiar with doing with compared to other dedicated political satire channels (Sargon, Bearing).

Over the course of the video, it was... basically just Jeremy being a dipshit and Professor talking about "everyone's fee-fees". The end of that video didn't leave a strong impression because it was just that: a virtue signal.

tl;dr - Support your local gaming store over mtg drama

My opinion about the jewtube-magic community

TCC: shut the fuck up and just review products

Wedge: fat pls go away

Alpha investments: he does his own deal, I dont watch his shit because it has no benefit to me

MTGLION: i swear to god this nigga has anime pillow

Desolator magic: autistic

Travis woo: Apparently hes a nazi, He shouts everything for some reason. But he auctually plays the game and goes to pro tours. Go figure the guy that actually plays the game gets shit for views. Irony. also he needs a hair cut and shave. Homeless ass bum lookin mf

Aether hub: Lore, but magic lore is mostly shit now anyways so good bye

Jeremy of Unsleeved Media: a fake nigga who makes money off of magic related drama.

As you can see at large, the magic community worships figures who do not play magic. They bow down to people who just talk about magic as if they played. I like to think that the people who are heavily invested in magic youtubers are those who go 1-3 at fnm or have never seen day 2 at a gp. These people are the cancer but the cancer that keeps the light on at wizards of the coast.

All the Professor really did was denounce anyone attacking Jeremy, and even stood up for his right to say whatever he wants. His point was just that he should seriously consider if he's going too far sometimes and the effects that might have on people. I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

I don't even play magic. I just like the professors product reviews which I use to help inform choices on products I buy for other card/board games.

Travis Woo is our /dredger/

twitter.com/UnsleevedMedia/status/935000752036237312

welp

this guy is a total douchebag.

never followed any of these folks. guy in the suit seems pretty reasonable.

He's pretty much just a drama hog at this point. After his chances to ingratiate himself with WotC went up in smoke, he had nothing to lose and has just been indulging in terrible behavior. In a lot of ways I get where the guy is coming from, as the spread of PC culture can be very smothering at times, but he really does take things way too far.

From a bystander's perspective, his outright refusal to take responsibility for his influence on people is disgusting.

Totally agree with the last sentence, but:

>the visage that she was raped or killed

I was browsing r/mtg and followed the direct twitter actors, and not once did I see a "LITERALLY RAPED AND KILLED", everyone was saying harassment.

I am tired of MTG card quality being terrible and coming out warped. I am tired of counterfeits flooding the market and seeing kids tricked by them.

Sorry guys, my lgs is closing down due to MTG decline, I can't stick around. I am moving on to digital games which are a superior experience and save me lots on gas and time. No wait between matches too.

Hopefully MTG can go back to the good old era but it seems nu-MTG is just bad. Seriously sad about all of this but the cash it got me is better than the card value these days. Had to sell now because the cards don't hold value.

Well he's also a huge hypocrite. His argumentative style reminds me more of a teenager than a full grown man. He reeks of immaturity. All you need is to watch one of his videos where he spews out about 20 "cucks" in 10 minutes and you can see what a child he is.

Mom! I posted it again!

>about the decline in MTG value of cards

I fucking wish.

Why are you trying to derail these threads?

She actually stated on Twitter it was because of a breakup she was taking time off. Fake news.

My Tarmogoyf wnet down a lot!
Jund went from 2k to 1k

Man, reddit's really up in arms about this.

He appeals to different audiences than the people he's bickering with at the moment, and that's fine. I just wish he would accept and acknowledge that his words have meaning to that audience and they will inevitably act on it.

Were you not taught the definition of a 'metaphor' in grade school? Or 'context'?

The cunt he was responding to was derailing it. Their post literally has nothing to do with anything that was being discussed here.

As a jewish suevivor of the holocaust I can say this is nearly as bad!

>because of a breakup she was taking
Source for that? Because if you mean this tweet, it's pretty clear she means the relationship between her and MtG when talking about the break-up.
twitter.com/cspranklerun/status/934240018708578304

As a Magic player, why should I care about what any of these people do or say?

Isn't that goy specific though? Modern is being run by Grixis DS, and the remaining green decks tend to be more comboy these days. Legacy is running even less of him, not even the BUG or 4 color decks run him anymore.

This kind of mentality is why social justice and being tried in the court of public opinion are huge problems today. We have a fucking system for convicting people of crimes and we treat them equally until they are proven guilty. Its not your reddit lobby or LGS' responsibility to police this, its the justice system's. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out and worry about the game, not what someone else thinks about Bill Cosby.

>Modern is being run by Grixis DS
Nope. 7th most popular deck now, around 4% of the metagame.

You really shouldn't have posted that video, Brian.

As a player? You don't have to.

The Professor does quite a few product reviews and I haven't been burned by his opinions thus far, so I trust him personally.

Christine Sprankle was one of the major cosplayers that helped get people to cosplay for MTG, and her costumes are usually really cool and detailed. Her videos with the Professor were pretty entertaining and she will be missed, but that's the extent of my experience with her content.

The rest produce content that I don't pay much attention to, and sometimes play in the background while doing other things.

MTG is dying.
youtube.com/watch?v=zSxd49zAnvA

>Unsleeved
Isn't that MTGHQ under a new name? Man, Prof should know better to respond to that faggot.
Also now that I'm thinking about it, remember when MTGHQ said CNN was going to run a hit piece on MTG? Did that ever happen?

Pretty sure the Professor spends more time on reddit than anywhere near Veeky Forums, so here's a (you).

This pic is for everyone attacking everyone else over this, though. It's like a giant game of Commander or something.

Being anti sjw and being Jeremy are different things. I agree wotc is far left and the community may be more liberal. But just the way he goes about it really defeats his own point. He’s got nothing to lose and it shows. I’m 99 percent sure rudy is anti sjw but you don’t see him going on autistic rants. He is unironically shitposting in real life and it looks really really autistic.

Of course he is being satirical when he says all these rape jokes or to walk up to wedge and make fun of him and I would laugh at it but he comes across very serious about it and supposedly according to even him his fans went a bit too far.
Wedge seems bitch made and has problems that I hope he gets through but something tells me he does have an aggressive side that snaps back.
Tolarian is pure class love him or hate him.

Even just by optics if Jeremy is really in the right and tolarian is wrong, he comes across as so autistic I wouldn’t side with him anyway.

And what the hell is up with seiben from aether hub.i wouldn’t put it past wedge to be able to say some mean shit but it doesn’t appear to have happened?

You shouldn't really believe everything Rudy says.
twitter.com/maro254/status/931747697119264768

The Alex Jones/Hal Turner of magic dropped red pills like normal, and one of his targets that he rags on decided to quit cosplaying in magic for mental health reasons.

Two larger channels who he picks on for being in WOTC's pocket decided enough was enough and posted shit attacking him. One of them, the professor, is normally really chill and tries to stay out of it. In his video he cries and whines about how he's not attacking unsleeved and would never do such a thing and gee why cant we all get along, all while posting pictures and tweets countering what unsleeved says or making him look bad.

TL;DR it means fuck all. unsleeved will get more views and donations for this, tolarian and wedge will look worse off and life will go on

That's exclusively Goyf, because he was printed in 3 different masters sets. LotV is still pushing 90 after her reprint. Snappy is still 50 after his. That's also not counting how if anything significant gets reprinted, everything that doesn't gets inflated. Like pushing down on a balloon. See: Arcbond Ravager in MM2015 after Mox and various other affinity toys got reprinted.

My mistake. Though a quick glance at mtgogoldfish modern shows the first deck actuallly playing goyf is Abzan at #15, which is still a big decline from Goyfs peak

Thats because Rudy is a cool guy. He has nothing to prove and is just true to himself. Because he isn't a faggot autismo, he can be himself without causing a shit storm every few months. Unlike Jeremy.

>but you don’t see him going on autistic rants
Didn't he have a sizeable rant about why more cards need to be added to the reserve list a couple weeks ago?

Holy shit, what a whiny fuck. At least the cosplay chick was getting bullied or some shit but this guy is leaving because he didn't receive special attention from some other youtube dude?

These people don't give a fuck about real justice. They only care about social justice and since the courts can't help with that, they form these lynch mobs. Every time a Hollywood star loses all their movie roles, a politician is forced to resign, a YouTuber's account is demonetized, they feel a little bit more empowered and emboldened to go after new targets. This madness is not going to end any time soon.

He's acting in character. Thats part of his shtick. You know, like when he wears tape and discarded magic packs all over his head.

Again, that video was a mistake man, made you look bad.

Wait wait are you saying the Spacey/Weinstein shit was a SJW overreaction, or did you have a different star in mind

He’s pretty candid about how he goes about making his videos. He has a premise for every episode , sprinkles in jokes, goes full “crazy Rudy” on purpose.
I’m a big fanboy but I also don’t believe he is right in most of the stuff he talks about. To me he is first of all a good entertainer and second of all holds a very unique perspective in the mtg community as a buyer/ seller. It’s all a shtick dude

>Were you not taught the definition of a 'metaphor' in grade school
When you become an adult you learn that metaphor is actually a tactic used by adults to be able to say whatever they want.

We can start legislating this shit instead, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a cunt like Jeremy facing the courts.

Just remember he makes a lot of money selling booster boxes through his patreon. He also wants to look like a honest/knowledgeable person so people sell their collections to him directly, and they do. He should be viewed only as entertainment, no more.

How long will this shitstorm last

Why did Aetherhub leave. Is he the realbitch in all of this that the mana source of all people pushed him away? I can see him lashing out but seiben looks pretty baseless just because he wasn’t plugged every 5 seconds by everyone

boards.Veeky Forums.org/pol/thread/151054984#top

Buckle in

My favorite thing about all of this is that if Jeremy had a girlfriend who was just like Sprankle. A pretty girl who plays magic and spends a lot of time painting and fabricating stuff so she can dress up. And she was being attacked for it, do you think he'd be like, "You're pretty much a prostitute and it takes no effort to do what you do lmao".

Of course he wouldn't, and he'd be mad in turn. He's just a really lonely guy with very little in the way of joy in his life. He's admitted he has irritable bowel syndrome. Panic attacks so bad he feels like he is dying. Anxiety issues. He's fucking fat. He lost all the progress he ever made getting in WotC's good graces. I feel bad for the guy mostly. He just has nothing to lose, so its brought out the absolute worst in him and a particularly nasty bout of self-righteousness that I find really grating.

Only few more hours until the threads fall off from reddit frontpage and everyone will forget about it.

Depends very much on Wizards' response. If they're going to stir the hornets nest, this might take a while.

I agree. To be honest he isn’t doing anything worse than what a car salesman is trying to do. He’s got an angle and people fell for it, no harm in that wish I could do the same.

Look at the reality distortion going on right there in the opening post.

>cosplay chick for the game rakes in tons of patreon money off cucks

$200 is a ton of money? You need a rake for $200?

I don't know who any of these faggots are, but cosplaying is a joke and I'm glad that someone that partakes in that sort of faggotry is going through a hard time. I wish nothing but the worst for them.

Who hurt you?

>Dressing up for halloween is a joke and I wish nothing but the worst for everyone who does!

Most people just do it for fun. Some people try to make some cash off it. Life is just a hustle, dude. You try to get by till you don't.

I dunno man it just seems to me people are always mad about the next way to make money. Cosplay is just modeling for nerds, it’s not an out of this world crazy idea that doesn’t make any sense.

There's a stripper joke to be made here about one dollar bills, but it's not coming to me.

I feel like she's leaving because she was not making enough money and this whole drama was to squeeze some last pity bucks.

>fat fuck is mean about people to be edgy
>SJWs go off the deep end

Hobbies used to be fun, now they're just vehicles to find out how utterly fucked our society is.