Who writes this shit?

>Vulkan goes to Terra
>Gives his talisman that contains the rage and tears of an entire murdered legion as well as his madness to the emperor
>Its attached to the golden throne as a world wide nuke that will go off when the portal fails and chaos invades terra
>Literally spends emperor knows how many years just standing outside the portal waiting for it to fail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_fKg2Cn48
youtube.com/watch?v=tLMV9B3vq1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Excuse me, lord Vulkan, but isn't leaving a psionic artifact containing the emotions that Khorne thrives on directly outside of a warp portal somewhat counterproductive?

You posted the wrong book cover user

>‘I am sorry, my son,’ said the Emperor. ‘I needed to hide it from you, what you had created and what would be wrought by it in my name.’

>‘Has this… Has it always been within me, the capacity to fashion such a thing?’

>‘Tell me, my son, why did you destroy your great works and send the others where no one might ever find them?’

>‘I feared they would be put to ill use, and what they could unleash.’

>‘Which is why it had to be you. It has ever been within you, Vulkan, and I hoped such a day would not come to pass that I had need of it… I hoped for a great many things,’ He said sadly. ‘Your death, your true death and resurrection, brought forth what you needed to fashion the talisman. All of your pain, the suffering of your Legion, it has led us to this point.’

Vulkan is a good boy and deserves better than the Emperor.

All of the primarchs deserved better, especially angron. Someone should have called CPS on this guy

Nick Kyme has never been very good

I think it was Kyme's best.

Which is like saying it's the best McDonald's cheeseburger I ever had.

Is this from old earth?

I've never understood why everyone loved A Thousand Sons...... I just couldn't dig it.

yeah. It turns out the Emperor created Vulcan to be the way he is so that he could create the detonator for the Golden Throne self-destruct and also be trusted to both guard it and use it when necessary.

>immortal, so can guard it for all of time, always be there to press the button
>repeated deaths gave him the psychic resonance to empower the thing
>given amazing craftsman abilities to create the thing and understand the responsibility
>the son who loves and understands humanity the most, so can be trusted with the kill-the-Emperor-and-doom-humanity device

Whoa, so the hunt for Vulkan's artifacts is just a wild goose chase to give his chapter something to do so they won't just sit around wondering why their primarch isn't with them?

I like this image except for "The Reflection Crack'd's" placement. C'mon it was at least acceptable.

>Who writes this shit?

It says right there in the pic you posted, you fagboat.

That's an... interesting, I guess, development.

All the Primarchs and the Emperor deserve better than Black Library.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_fKg2Cn48

>emperor makes a deal with chaos gods for power and screws them with it
Is there something worse than heresy?

A stable ass mod

Scars should be G-E Tier

>emperor makes a deal with chaos gods
>t. chaos gods

Why is the Horus Heresy full of fags who are shown visions and don't even question them?

>I'm Alpharius
>galaxy's greatest master of deception
>but these aliens, who all have a vested interest in starting a civil war among humanity, have shown me a thing
>better accept it uncritically

There are people actually liking and defending the Legion book plot. So ridicolous.

>Ruinstorm not in Heresy tier
REEEEEEEEE

>ridicolous

But seriously, it's because of the reveal of 'muh mysterious traitor legion' actually being loyalist

Warhammer 40k deserves better than Black Library.

The fluff was kind of fucked to begin with.

Shitty writing. All of HH was a huge mistake

Not really.

The setting was tongue-in-cheek to it's very core, it wasn't great but good enough and fun as fuck.

Then people decided to '''improve''' it by forcing seriousness atop what made it neat, and even more, to nail whatever kind of story/plot that came to the writers' head. Some were awesome, yes, but a major part edged mediocrity and dipped lower.

Now we have convoluted 3deep5u nonsense and major characters acting like retarded autists. Bad end.

So...Empy orchestrated the whole thing? The Heresy? All to make Vulcan sad so that he could craft a doodad?

So, is there any reason or conclusion to this? I mean, it clearly hasn't gone off until M41, and Guiliman doesn't seem to be aware of its existence.
Or is it just some "Oh shit, how do we give Vulkan something to do while making Big E look like a jerk?" thing?

We're going to give it to Aun'va's replacement and tell him it's a warp drive.

You need some bomb to do the Emperors work? Ha!

>Betrayer on top
As it should.

Because the chaos gods don't least at least in the HH series. They'll leave out key parts of truth or show you a fantasy of yours, but not lie

Yes.

Was ADB jerking off when he wrote that?

Nick Kyme wrote the book.

But probably.

Was ADB jerking off Nick Kyme as he wrote the book?

No, it was made in all seriousness.

Writing for BL seems like a handy job.

That's actually fairly brilliant. Maybe if the emperor had sent the Primarch's on a goose chase and made it impossible to find him they might not have fucked up so hard.

Spoiler!!!!!! Vulcan hugs Dorn!

Just that is worth the price of the book.

That guy behind Vulcan
>green mohawk
Why are all the covers so silly

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=tLMV9B3vq1A

AAAADVENTURE AHA!

Because everyone likes an Icarus retelling. And because the Sons are one of the very, VERY few Chaos legions that it's easy to empathize with.

And because the Thousand Sons are totally awesome and if you don't agree, you're wrong and also a faggot, because the Sons are amazing and brilliant and everyone around them is stupid.

Slurp slurp drool drool have I pleased you enough, Lord Ahriman?

I'm new to these books. Can you read them in any order after Horus Rising? Or do you need to read them from 1 to 50 or however many there are now.

>Can you read them in any order after Horus Rising?
Of course not.

>P.o.D. in the good tier

Easily down one notch at least, for how shitty Alpharious was represented.

Wasn't one TS sorcerer who had a deldar waifu?

Wait so does this basically confirm where Vulcan is in 40k?

>Vulcan
who

Because its stand by itself as a 'good'(for genre fiction) novel. ATS came out before every book had to be packed full of storylines from other books so you have to by 4 novellas and 3 other books to understand everything. Its covers everything you need to know in one book and your done.

Its also helps that Ahriman is a sympathetic protagonist to follow along.

Laurie Golding.

Khayon is ADB's snowflake creation way after ATS came out.