imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved Strats, Traits, Relics, and Reece Spin
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=VaLsg3M7jOs

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/e0/e6/7be0e67215b19d3e72335113de0dce5c.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the Drukhari!

Post your tau anons

>tfw I can finally run my Tartaros/Cataphractii terminators in my BA army
Feels so good. It'll make the inevitable pain of a terrible chapter tactic bearable.
Not really, but it'll hurt less than it would have otherwise.

fourth for blood angels

My Dudes = Your Dudes

I think unit markers and things like different painted helmets are fucking sick.

Take your guesses as to Dark Angels and Blood Angels chapter tactics.
>Blood Angels
furious charge
>Dark Angels
deathwing: termies immune to morale
ravenwing: gets cover if they advanced (couldn't think of what'd encourage them to go fast)

>tfw lost one of the grill of one of the reactors
does spikybits have one of those or not ?
also paint your grill black /grey

Guys, am I a peice of shit for running 2 flyrants in a 1500 point game? I feel like a waacfag but I feel great because I fucking crushed him

>furious charge
Get to choose which dice they reroll for charge

Or two advance dice pick the highest

Your not a waac fag if you enjoy destroying your enemies.

>choose which dice they reroll
I wonder if that's statistically better than reroll failed charges. On the one hand, it would appear obviously better, because you could choose not to reroll a 5 or 6, but on the other hand you're still fucked if you roll double 1's.

>I feel great because I fucking crushed him

a tough question, user.

Blood Angels: Players of an army consisting entirely of Blood Angels can drink red paint for bonus CP.
Dark Angels: Players of an army consisting entirely of Dark Angels can drink white semen for bonus CP.

It's the monty hall thing. It's better to choose

>termies immune to morale
Is... is that ever a thing

No you aren't
>t. runs 2 of them and 13 carnifexes at 2k pts

Why is Tau the best race in 40k?
>Cool guns
>Cool robot suits
>Fight for the good of all races
>No gay ass warp or psyker shit, just pure innovation and science

Nth for fuck Reecius

I really like GSC, and have wanted an army with cool hq that does more than die (I play dark eldar), which the patriarch brings. The new box is SUPER tempting, but even though the patriarch beats out the brood lord, GS are still weaker than the nids’ and GSC have shitty abilities

Apparenntly in the WD battle report DA have grim resolve which is rerolling 1s to hit in the shooting phase if the unit didnt move.

Rerolling both is like 30% while rerolling lowest is solid 58% iirc

They aren't the best race. But i do think they are rather cool.

Aren't blood angels a movie snooty army.

Sounds stupid.

Deathwatch has it (it is useless on terminators though)

No, I tried to choose options there that appear good, but are actually bad.
I don't think it's a monty hall problem, exactly. You're not trying to cut down on unknown options.

52.3% chance for re-roll lowest

Is there any difference between a Broodlord and the Patriarch other than Cult Ambush?

>Rerolling both is like 30% while rerolling lowest is solid 58% iirc
Based upon what charge distances?

>no psykers

Why even live?

Broodlord has familiars to boost psychic power, and an ability that automatically passes morale tests for units within 6”

I'm assuming he means 9.01 inches, assault from deepstrike.

Sorry, I meant PATRIARCH

Thats DA not BA.

What letter does Blood start with?
What letter does Dark start with?
Come on, now.

what sort of basing would look good with a primarily white mini?

If you think about it, modifiers that could help force a terminator fail moral would actually be a cool strategy.

>Night Lords become good at something

Something dark, like brown dirt or dark green grass.

You want a sharp contrast

I don't play either, I just see wings and jetpacks and think movement.

Blue, grey, brown, black to ground it.
Don't use solid traditions from white to black though.

Grey Knights are cool as well but their models are an absolute nightmare to paint. So many small details and fiddly bits.

Is there some video I can watch or article I can read to catch myself up on all of the lore/story that's happened since last edition?

red sand

>he doesn't love painting the fiddly bits

God damn I love ornaments.

Broodlord is more expensive too

>red sand

Sound like storm troopers in the desert.

Redder than that, but yeah, there's a reason it makes a good shot in the movie.

>starting death guard
>realise I don't like goody deformaties like the nurgle prince daemon

Have i made a mistake

>Can only really compete in one phase
>Gets called boring if you try to compete adequately in that phase
T'au life is pain

>no psykers
Who cares?

Invest in older DG models? They didn't used to be so tentacle-y.

You can run recently turned death guard so they're still fairly clean.

Or model them as covered in mushrooms or something.

Idea - have a mushroom growing out of each of their heads, like those mushrooms that control ants.

It's not a BBQ....

What's a decent base scheme for Deldar?

I have stuff like astrogranite debris, but I feel like mud and dirt doesn't feel right for Deldar, but don't wanna spring the $55 dollarydoos for them, given I'd rather spend it on actual models.

so if I went with dark grey rock and scree terrain with patches of moss or grass. that would be good?

Oh i dont care about that, I think tentacle and nurgle stuff looks cool.
It's just that exact face looks so stupid, like Ruckus from boondoks.

That'd look fine.

>replace helmets with mushrooms

God damn that sounds cool, would maybe only do like one or two.

>help force a terminator fail moral

I just have the is mental image of a mass of loyalist and chaos marines going at each other and you see a single terminator waddling away fromt the fight.

people joke about moral but i was able to use PRIMARIS™ REAVERS modifyer to kill the last model in a unit of wolfen once.

>tom and Jerry yell.mp3

go for an emaciated wasted look. More of the skeletal death and famine aspect of disease instead of puss and bloat.

I was only kind of joking. With the exception of nids and orks I'm not sure how many armies can effectively ignore morale if given a -3 or -4 modifier to their leadership.

I used a desert scheme and recently picked up a set of those tufts there. They're Army Painter Frozen Tufts.

>if given a -3 or -4 modifier
Fuck that's scary

there are some other really slick looking nurgle DP like this guy

i.pinimg.com/originals/7b/e0/e6/7be0e67215b19d3e72335113de0dce5c.jpg

How would one obtain such a modifier?

Rate my Shitty Sept Fluff /40kg/
>F'talo Sept
>Were founded during the 3rd Sphere expansion in a Star system. Named after the Swampy world of F'Talo which is the main planet of the star system. Planet was originally named Fatalo, Meaning Fate, The members of this Sept take that meaning literally as if it is their fate to bring unification to the entire galaxy under the Greater Good.

>The military arm is lead by a Shas'O who follows the Mont'ka Philosophy. The Sept uses small teams of Fire Warriors to back up mobile units of Battlesuits and Kroot. The main tactic of these formations is the Fire Warriors lead by a Fireblade will unload volleys of Plasma into enemy lines to help reduce casualities that thethe main line of kroot crashing into them recieve. This is meant to spread terror through out the enemy forces while the Battlesuits will deploy behind enemy lines at key points to remove vehicles and key support units hoping to crumble an armys defense lines and ending battle swiftly without having to waste lives of both their forces and the enemies.

>The Sept aims to conquer new worlds for the Greater Good. Members of the sept are more fanatical than other septs and hold the spreading Greater Good above certain parts of their own mission.They will try and minimize enemy casualities if it means they can expand the influence of the Greater Good. This unwillingness to kill enemies leads to more rebellions happening across all of their colony worlds.

>The Sept contains many Gue'vesa that were defectors from the nearby systems PDFs. This has caused many a rivarly with this sept and the Imperial Guard. Many of the Gue'Vesa believe so strongly in the Greater good that they often prefer to face off against their former Imperial Guard allies to try and bring more into the fold of the Greater Good.

If I have an infantry unit inside the same fortification as a character, does the infantry unit inside benefit from the character's aura ability?

>irrelevant/10

I don’t think so, neither the character or unit are actually on the table.

Dang. I wanted to put ten Hellblasters plus a Captain in a bastion and overcharge them

They brought in the weebs alright

Just plonk them in some ruins my dude. They’re pretty tough as is.

Do you guys have any one trick ponies at your LGS? I have a few people who you can pretty reliably hard counter at mine and I feel bad playing them

Wouldn't it make sense for them to have fewer rebellions if they're so determined to indoctrinate everyone into the GG, not more? Other than that sounds neat to me. People who fluff out their armies are so much more fun to play against than generic gray blobs

>no psykers
>no transports
>no flyers
>nothing with fly even

Cyraxus will come out soon (tm)...

They keep getting charged by Genestealers...

I'm in a campaign where, due to some strategic missteps on my team's part early on, I'm having to face Tyranids at a point disadvantage a LOT, and that means building to hard-counter them. From what I've seen, Nids have problems dealing with toughness 8 and above, so fortifications seem like a good way to exploit that.

Eh its more that while trying to indoctrinate more populaces they tend to leave many resistances left untouched and these will then form together to start small rebellions within the colonies. That was the general idea anyways.

>MarySues.jpg

Mary Sues in which way?

enclaves are best

My death guard meme list: no vehicles allowed

Battalion detachment, Morty Arch Contaminator

LoW

Mortarion: 470

HQ:

Lord of contagion w/ manreaper: 117

Malignant plague caster: 110

Elites

Bell Boi with Relic Bell: 65

Tallyman: 62

5x blightlords, 2 axes, 2 swords, 2 combi plasma, 1 combi melta, 1 reaper autocannon, 1 flail: 286

3x Death shroud: 180

Troops

10x plague marines, 4 axes, 1 flail, 1 power fist, 2 blight launchers, knives: 242

2x9 plague marines w/ 3 plasma guns, 1 power fist each champ: 408

10x pox walkers: 60

2000/2000

Poxes are a garbage chute for when the plague marines eat it, big blob of dudes advancing up with bell boi while the termies and Morty hit first wave

night lords chapter tactics with two squads of anything + one squad of raptors. -1 from each of the whatever squads, -2 from the raptors.

>literally 4 units with MT keyword
>three of them are near-identical
>need their own detachment for regiment bonus
JUST

Some guy posted on normie book claiming he talked to some FW guys at the 40k open day and claims they said the rules are pretty much done but they had only just recently recruited a new writer to finish up the story portion so there isn't any set release date yet.

Damn,

It might be a matter of just playing a very defensive game and screening more. Maybe getting some flying dakka to stay above the bulk of his army?

I have two sets of snapfit DA from old dark vengeance sets, but I fucking hate DA. What do with them.

40k has so many animeish elements, just like GoT, that you could describe it an some form of fake anime synopsis and convince casuals that it's real. Seriously, I can't the number of times I've seen something from 40k that wouldn't be misplaced in a sci-fi/fantasy anime.

Sorry but I don't have my own Tau user

>go to FLGS for monthly "tournament"
>second time ever fielding Magnus, got him to help counter other big shit that my Tzeentch Daemonkin can't handle on their own
>round one against Jetbike spam Eldar with twin Wraithknights
>narrow victory- all coming down to whether the game ends on turn five or if I'll get another turn to shoot bikes off of objectives with my surviving armor
>round two against Sisters of Battle without Celestine
>absolute crushing victory
I've never felt worse about a game of 40k in my life. The guy took it like a champ, and we chatted for a bit afterwards and even exchanged contact info to meet up for more games later, but damn. Magnus got moderately lucky saving against Melta dominions, allowing him to tear through them, a Retributor, a three woman unit of Penitent Engines, and an Exorcist over two turn.

Night Lords Raptors with an Icon of Despair put the enemy at effectively -3 leadership.

Throw in a Lord with the Lord of Terror trait, now they're at -4 and make moral tests on 2d6 discard lowest.

People talk shit about Night Lords, but that wil fuck you up.

Trade them via Bartertown. What are you interested in?

I would but they're kinda in shitty shape. Thinking I might as well do something with them on my own at this point.

Sell for shekels

Yeah, the fortifications are mostly about emphasizing that.

Pic related - black is the tyranids, green is my team. See that city across the mountain range from the one we're holding? We started with that, but the Nids forced us off it. Good news is we just won a major battle against them, so hopefully we can start to push back, but them having two bases to our none means they can outproduce us 2:1.

1/3

Two units of anything, one unit of raptors and a nurgle icon of despair will put an enemy unit at -5 leadership. -1 for each NL unit, -1 for raptors, -1 for the icon.
>kill one wulfen
>he rolls 6
>watch 250 pts flee off the table