The Reserved List should be expanded. That way...

The Reserved List should be expanded. That way, investors could diversify their assets more and RL cards wouldn't spike as dramatically. All these reprints have been making investors scared to purchase anything else.

No bait in my Veeky Forums please

GURPS is a good system.

>Your arm should be cut off. That way The maggots livining in it could have more food, and your arm won't hurt anymore. All this medication has made the maggots scared to infect any further

Do you morons ACTUALLY believe that reprints are the cause of RL buyouts? No, the actual cause is that the recession of 2008 was just the beginning; we are currently in the greatest era of economic delusion since the Roaring Twenties. Don't believe me? Look around you. It's not just MTG that has been going up in price at an abnormally fast rate, it's other collectible cards, retro games, comics, BITCOIN, stocks, and hell, even real estate again!

Haha, stupid Wizcucks pandering to niggers and roasties caused them to lose 40% of their playerbase. That's what happens when you lie in bed with SJWs!

You don't really have a firm grasp of boom bust economics do you?

I agree because by the time wotc got around to doing that indistinguishable fakes will become even more worthwhile.

He's right though. This isn't your average boom we're in right now, it's the most massive economic boom of the past 75 years.

your skull should be expanded with a mallet

Go ahead and do it. I'll become fucking rich. I don't unload my old rares like most people do. I already have 10 grand in reserved list without even trying. Give me an excuse to retire early.

What up Rudy

The reserve list should be rotated. That way investors diversify their assests more and the player base can more easily get those harder to get cards. I, the average MTG player, can never get into legacy because of the huge price.

I love how all these threads just pop up days-weeks after said video.

It's like they don't even think for themselves

Sad really.

>Rotation

no fuck off faggot

>Against rotating reserve list
Why?

Because it may aswell not exist if you're 'rotating' it.

You might as well just do away with it entirely then. I mean, what would be the point? Unless you only rotate very rarely like say every 10 years.

I was thinking once every 5 years.

So essentially turn the Reserved List into the equivalent of the Disney Vault?

>seriously investing in cardboard rectangles

Yes.

I don't mind expanding it
put the newcomers on legacy ban and vintage restricted
unban them all in modern
when making the list, be sure to hit as many pauper cards as possible
we're trying to piss people off, right?

Only if every non reserved list card was artificially deflated below 5usd.

If were going to pander to investors there better be equal pandering to people that just want to play the fucking game.

Anything can be an investment. Fucking Beanie Babies were once considered a great investment.

"""""""""""magic economists"""""""" are saying that that would happen naturally, not artificially. That's the whole fucking reason it's being proposed

I don't think it will happen because 99% of the player base are idiots like you and sellers will double-swindle the playerbase.

Daily reminder that there is an empowered elite dictating prices and manipulating the market

But those "empowered elites" are necessary evils. Without the likes of SCG, CFB, F2F, and Hareyuya, we wouldn't have large tournaments like Opens, Invitationals, and GPs.

>Fucking Beanie Babies were once considered a great investment.
And it turned out not even remotely to be the case in the great speculator crash of the 90's alongside comics and collectibles (and indeed magic) because the entire field was based on the idea that they might some day have value because the very first ones from years ago did.

SCG has no power, but I agree that it's cool that they run invitationals for the community. Too bad for them though... Channel Fireball, as the exclusive GP partner, will start to exercise control over them in some way I bet.

Hareyuya is clearly a regional power but as a result gets a monopoly on the Japanese market. There's no such thing as a necessary evil in card games, it's all just protecting special interests

What's Magic like in Japan? I bought some cards over there because they were cheaper and I hear Legacy is kore alive there but what's the absolute state of Nip Magic?

do any grils play?

>tfw just bought every copy of a 5 cent card available on TCGplayer for $250
now no one will have it but me

HAHA!!! NOW ONLY I CAN USE DIDGERIDOO!!! NOBODY CAN BEAT ME!!!

How does this benefit Hasbro?

>put All Hallows Eve in premium set
>big ass fucking money grab.avi

Part of the reason that prices for even modern cards that see play stay high, even with repeating reprints, is because of the reserve list.
'
Not directly mind you, but after the whole Chronicles debacle, the idea that the company would actively say "Hey, we get it, the secondary market is important to consider too for our longtime players and serious collectors" was a big shot of confidence that they wouldn't do that kind of thing again. It tells players that the company at least carefully considers the secondary market when planning it's reprint strategies, compared to this like YuGiOh or Pokemon.

You can argue that the reserve list was an over-reaction to the situation that created it (it's probably part of the reason they've basiclaly phased out updating or expanding it) but it's existance has helped stabalize and maintin the entire idea of the secondary market.