/swg/ - "Remember the Martyrs of Scarif" edition

Last Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14492027
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

From a Reddit poster who got the Genesys book early:

"The talents are broken into tiers, and you buy new talents with XP. (5 XP for a Tier 1 talent, 25 XP for a Tier 5 talent)."

"When you are buying talents for your character, you must follow one simple rule. After buying the new talent, your character must have more talents in the next lowest tier."

"Some talents can be taken multiple times. Each time you take a talent, it takes up the next tier. Eg. the Grit talent is tier one. The second time you purchase it, it is effectively a tier 2 talent. Then a tier 3 etc"

Is this better than the talent tree system? I'm inclined to say yes. Should be easy to backfill into EotE.

Yeah, that's pretty good. They've got a good idea of what works from EoTE I guess, and it could easily backfill. We're coming to the point where they'll be thinking about it.

strawpoll.me/14492027
strawpoll.me/14492027
strawpoll.me/14492027

Let's settle this once and for all, I made it a neutral-sounding question, asking whether YOU specifically like the new canon or not, not whether its good or shit.

>overall
That's hard to answer.
I really hate some of it (the empire collapsing in five seconds, for a start) but I enjoy some of it quite a lot. I unironically love Rebels, for a start.
I guess I gotta go 'no' until and unless we get more awesome shit for nucanon.

Or they make Wraith Squadron canon again.

Well that's the point, it's a more definitive answer. So if you like some bits of it, it's more of, do you like it more or do you dislike it more? I'd have added a neutral option but everyone including me would've went for it.

I like the Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Galactic Empire, but by the Force, I cannot find any reason to like the Rebel Alliance. They have no interesting themes or motives, no good space ships, horrid uniforms and no good music.

How would you guys make the Rebel Alliance interesting?

Put more CIS into it.

>hating on the Mon Cal cruisers
>hating on the Corellian Corvette
>hating on the beautiful Y-Wing

The rebel Y-wing looks like cheap garbage compared to the Republic Y-wing.

The Rebel Starfighter Corps are the legit GOAT though. Their capital ship game is absolute ass, with MonCal Cruisers looking like pickles, but the X-Wings, A-Wings, Y-Wings? Absolutely based.

The MC-75 looks gorgeous though.

It looks like a veteran warhorse.

Agreed, reminds me of the Scythe from Legacy. When the MonCal ships FINALLY got good, took them only 100 years. Pellaeons and Imperiouses were also great successors to the old ISD and Executors, it's too bad the starfighter game in Legacy was shit instead.

>mfw we never got to see Imperial Mon Cals even in the old EU
I just think it'd be cool for one to command an ISD is all.

>He likes the Scythe

I do not like that ship, but I respect your opinion. Agree about the Pellaeon and Imperious though, and I wish we had some sort of artwork for the Turbulent class SD.

Which leads to a side note - how do we still not have a canon depiction of the Nadiri Starhawk, even after the damn things apparently played a major role at Jakku?

That means they're probably going to show up onscreen in the next movie.

>freedom and justice for all isnt a good motive
>the X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Nebulon B, Corellian Corvette and GR75 arent good ships
>Hoth infantry uniforms arent based
>Endor commando uniforms arent neat
>every good bit of music in the OT other than the Imperial March is a rebel piece
I mean, I know you're baiting.
But goddamn stop that.

user, find your center.

Be at peace with the Force.

And stop getting mad at other people's opinions.

Also the Emperor's theme is not a rebel piece you dunce padawan.

The freedom/justice motive was used by nearly everyone in the galaxy, even the seppies were officially fighting for freedom from the Republic.

The X-wing is a decent design, the Y-wing looks worse then the GAR version, while the A-wing is pure garbage that might as well come from a Happy Meal.

The rebel uniforms don't look very good compared to other Star Wars stuff, doesn't even look good compared to the G.I. uniforms used in Vietnam.

And I feel that most of the pieces in the OT are related to the force, not the Rebel Alliance.

Only thing that I do like about the Rebel Alliance is Mon Mothma, even if she ruined the New Galactic Republic.

Funny thing about the Rebellion is that its a union of individuals, so you won't be liking the organisation as a whole since its pretty bland as an organisation, not much to it, you would instead be interested in the individuals that compose the Rebellion.

>I like Mon Mothma

cringe

Does the FFG RPG have any prequal era stuff? Like spaceship stats for CIS Ships or droids?

Most of the droids have stats. A decent selection of ships and gear do, but nothing comprehensive.

It's also spread across a lot of different books.

Why haven't we gotten any Clone Wars focused games?

Ah, ok. I'll need to go through them all then. Thanks.

I'd suggest using OggDude's character generator, then you can just search them.

To find ships and droids you'll wanna use the GM tools that come with it.

Are Corellian Jedi GOAT?

I'm so sick of this hope theme, I mean in RO I could take it as the theme of one movie and a build up to A New Hope. In BF2 I liked the initial set up of the empire thinking it's built on hate as an inversion but then that got thrown out as if the game had suddenly switched writers. Why are they pusing for it so hard?

Pushing the familiarity/recognizable angle is my guess, just to tie into "A New Hope" and "Rebellions are built on hope" so casuals and streamers can fake enthusiasm about someone saying the thing.

Arrhg, this is why I'm doing my seperatist survivors cell instead, a bit of cold serly contrast, and adding a third player to these things always makes it more interesting, still trying to decide on some things, so open to suggestions

>defects behind you

I think I see the issue now, the rebellion, shouldn't be reeking of marketability

None of those humans look like they have any place in an action game set in a pulpy space fantasy universe.

Also the U-Wing is a space Huey, complete with door gunners and the name itself sounding like "Huey" if you slur it a little. The only difference is its galaxy spanning range like everything else with a hyperdrive in Star Wars. Rogue One was fantastic for showing the Rebellion had small Force-sensitive spec ops teams that didn't include people named Skywalker or Solo, as well as the general Space 'Nam vibe.

user, you son of a bitch.

I want to see the Cobra.

Gonna go with a weak to middlin yes. The only things I actively dislike is cuck windig's writing (not even the story directly, just his godawful prose), Operation Cinder, and TFA.
But 2/3 are pretty fucking substantial, one of which is going to be a narrative blight for all time and one that will be, at best, one turd-flavored breadslice on the shit sandwich that'll be the ST (middle being something edible negotiable and a possibility I'm still hopeful for)

I don't think there would be a Cobra equivalent given that the U-Wing is already a go-fast machine in its own right. The Y-Wing is pretty clearly a fighter bomber, and of course the X-Wing is A2A.

>airspeeder weapons platform, missile tubes and rotary blaster cannons
I'd be so okay with it.

>no good space ships
>horrid uniforms
Starfighters and mid-tiers are all tops even though capitals are pretty ass if neat conceptually, the Rebel flightsuit and Hoth outfits are both GOAT

I'd forgive everything wrong with nucanon in a heartbeat if Kyle Katarn or Dash Rendar was recanonized via a scene like this.

>the Rebel flightsuit and Hoth outfits are both GOAT

My man.

>the A-wing is pure garbage
Opinion discarded

The things on their wrists are stupid looking and the main guys headdress and shoulder pads make him look liike a football mascot
Do like the actual robes though.

I now want to see the starwars version of an Arnold character

The rebles have a lot of neat things but due to their nature as well rebles they lack the unified aesthetic of other factions

>that hat
>those awful glove bracer things
>that clipping
God why.

So posting again for more feedback, I was work shopping and edge of the empire game as a seperateist hold out with frosty connections to the rebles, it's a strained but survivable relationship. The leaders i had planned for them were Mar Tuuk, Kalani, and Gizor Delso.

Was working on how to make the droids still relivent and if I wanted to BS Trench being alive somehow

To avoid spam i will not repost again

>lack of unified aesthetic

They never run out of X-wings.

I like you

Yeah, if I remember the U-wing pics you can’t really make it Cobra slim with the big reactor and it would already use all the power available, so missile systems and turret guns seem likely.

It’s still no Cheyenne but what is?

>wanting Dash "Non Solo" Rendar recanonized
>still not accepting Kanan is the new Kyle
>still not accepting Kanan > Kyle

He'd basically be Austrian Kyle Katarn.

>Accepting Kanan
>Accepting Freddie Prinze Jr.
No.

I'm one of those weirdos that think the orange is probably the most iconic SW outfit that isn't Empire-related. It's just. So stylish.
Much like everything Luke ends up wearing except maybe that dorky poncho, man's Veeky Forums as shit.

Blue makeup, lifting bitches in tge air and choking the life out of them without any Force bullshit, Arnold for Old Hardass Thrawn.

I meant the Corellian Jedi as an idea and function, not their aesthetics.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi

>BS Trench being alive somehow
He goes into the fetal position in that story reel and his ship blows up but I don't think they ever actually say he's dead, coulda ran for the pods when Annie left.

Your hate boner over the Frederator has nothing to do with the character himself.
Also Hera > Jan even if the former couldn't command her way out of a damp paper bag.

Kinda dumb as an organization. A Jedi's allegiance should be with the Order in a pre-Clone Wars time and nationalism really doesn't fall into both the order's MO or its philosophy. As an NJO idea it's not bad if it's a non-concrete organization, just a 'hey we wear the colors and prefer to do shit for our homeland if possible'.

I couldnt agree more.
Rebel orange flight suit is the absolute tip top.
Also the outfit he wears for most of Empire as well. Would wear.

I enjoy that movie, dumb as it is.

I don't really like the Mon Cal cruiser (their frigates and the new cruiser design in RO are cool, but the MC-80 doesn't look very good to me), and dislike the CR-90, byt Y-Wings are great.

I think the problem with Rebels is that they don't really have as much of an uniform aestethic as the Empire, the CIS, or the Republic. Makes sense, what's with them being a ragtag collection of whoever is willing to oppose the Empire, but it also means that rather than there being a clear Rebel aesthetic you have a bunch of different individual designs, some of which you might like and others not. Compare to the Empire, which has a very clear and instantly recognisable aesthetic, so if you like grey wedge-shaped capital ships and TIEs you'll love most of their stuff.

Something like this maybe?

>Orca ready for liftoff.

For me it's Black ROTJ outfit > Flight Suit > Bespin/Dagobah Fatigues > ANH tunic > Hoth Outfit > Desert Poncho
Did he have something else in the early Endor bits because I honestly can't remember. Also was he wearing the other shit he had on Dagobah under the first set or did he pack extra clothes
Shit does an X-Wing even have storage space?

That’s nice but what I’m thinking of is something that relies to the U-wing like the Cobra relates to the Huey. So probably the same wing, drives and power plant but the rest is a ground attack craft.

Well, load it with anti ship missiles and it’ll be decent bomber too.

The nationalism didn't really kick in until the Clone Wars from what I can tell. All other times, they fought alongside the mainline Order and were an autonomous part of it, they just had their own local rules. Like, they can marry for example. But so could Ki-Adi Mundi. So really Anakin and Padme's problem was that they wanted to LARP as oppressed starcrossed lovers that have to hide even though it'd probably be okay

The argument for Mundi was for biological reasons though, wasn't it?
Like Cereans had a declining population so he dicks his harem on occasion to keep the kids up?

>Shit does an X-Wing even have storage space?

Yes they do, right under the cockpit. Not a lot, but enough for rations and emergency stuff like he sets up on dagobah, and presumably some clothes.
Like so.

Also, yeah, I like the ROTJ black, but its a bit too uniformly black for me. Now, that with the bespin jacket over it? Id be all over that business.

Didn't he have two sets of black clothes in ROTJ? One that resembled a bit of Jedi robe on Tatooine and a more uniform-like look for the scenes after, like Endor and on the Death Star?

Yeah. Declining population and extreme imbalance between male and female population, I think it was 7 females for every 1 male.

I was misremembering it as just being the later outfit with a cloak, he's got the robe-esque outfit for the first part of the movie and then swaps it at... some point.
Guess I need to rewatch ROTJ.

There was Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura, Tholme and T'ra Saa, Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi, Obi-Wan and Satine. Was Obi-Wan Chad?

And this isn't even counting all the Old Republic examples. So yeah Anakin just wanted to be edgy I guess, I mean shit he even jokes around with Obi that he's fucking Satine like its fucking nothing.

A resounding No from me. I can count what I like from newcanon on one hand.

I mean, I'm a massive Impfag but I do think the Rebellion gets some cool ships and music.

Some of you guys need to learn that different opinions =/= bait.

I cringe every time I hear it, and it makes me all the more frustrating that the newcanon morality has become even more simplified and clear-cut than Star Wars was ever even intended to be.
>"HURR CRUSH THEYRE HOPE BECUZ WERE EVUL"
>"OH DEAR FIGHT THOSE EVIL IMPERIALS WE ARE BUILT ON HOPE AND RAINBOWS"
Give me a break.

Top three at the Streetsboro, Ohio Armada regional was:

>Garm HMC80, 3x Hammerheads, 120 points of A/E-Wings
>Ackbar 2x Assault Frigates, TRC90, Jan/Biggs ball
>Jerjerrod AvengerBT ISD, Demolisher, Raider, cheap TIE screen

Top three at the Mountain View, California Armada regional was:

>Jerjerrod AvengerBT ISD, Demolisher, 80 points of scatter aces
>Cracken, 5x TRC CR90s, 2 VCXs 4 TY-2400s
>Rieekan Yavaris/Assault Frigate Gallant Haven bomber aces

Is it really so hard for writers to make the Imps and Rebs talk like normal people instead of like propaganda broadcasts? Or at least to give each team more than one buzzword? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if EAfront 3's story was just Rebels and Imps yelling "HOPE" and "NOPE" at each other from their trenches on opposite side of a no man's land.

That's what I was thinking, I'm also trying to work on what kind of missions the seppies would send players on

I want the user with his seperatist game to have members of the cabinet absolutely roll their eyes on the built on hope slogan, especially when they were effectivly the original rebellion and they were mostly built on greed

>Seppos had a deal with a local mercenary band where Seppo techs would maintain the mercenary hideout's life support in exchange for regular payments
>Mercs are 10 seconds late on their last oxygen payment, thus violating the NAP
>Sep leadership sends PCs in to strangle the mercs to make an example

>Clones vs battle droids

No real individuality. Clones might all develop personalities over time, but they're still all very similar.

>New canon
>luke is a bitch that hides in brooding isolation after the first fuckup
>Old canon
>Luke finds Kylo Ren and tears him limb from limb for being a shithead
I already know what canon to follow

X-wing playtesters, I beseech you!

Since Spikeybits hasn't unboxed the Silencer, can you please tell us any new information from the Silencer? Dial, the 3 unrevealed pilots, Threat Tracker... Anything?

>old canon
>Luke goes to try and convert Kylo Ren back to the Light Side, but winds up watching Sargon of Alderaan videos with him for a while and falls to the Dark Side himself

Let's not forget what actually happened in the old canon.

>still all very similar
Republic Commando
even the minor clone troops you run across on occasion have little sparks of personality.

>Sargon of Alderaan
who's the Molyneux of Star Wars
ANAKIN THE CHANCELLOR IS EVIL
Not an argument.

Do you want FFG to stop playtesting altogether?

Because this is how you get companies to stop playtesting altogether.

>fuck all moral ambiguity lets have kiddie evil vs good

no thanks

Not sure about that, I'd suggest to the user maybe stuff on stealing imperial droid prototypes, stuff like the K2 security droids or the later viper probe droids and shit

>Old canon
>Luke spends an entire book incapacitated because the voices of the writers in his head couldn't agree on what he would do
>Kyle Katarn flips a coin to decide whether to piledrive Kylo Ren through a table or go out like a jobber
>Wraith Squadron leaves an Ewok plush toy on Hux's desk
>The Ewok is also a bomb

>Wraith Squadron leaves an Ewok plush toy on Hux's desk
>The Ewok is also a bomb

user Luke literally went to try and convert Palpatine himself to the Light Side and got corrupted into Palp's new apprentice for his troubles. I think he was corrupted for years; I forget how long the Clone Emperor arc went on for.

We already had a situation in Legends though, it was called LOTF where Jacen went dark. It wasn't very good but it was still 100 times better than TFA. Try again.

That was a work though, it was literally Luke destroying Sheev's reunited Empire from the inside out, he never actually turned.

got you covered senpai

Vode an intensifies

People really overestimate how relevant Kyle was in the old EU.

*saves star wars*

I was just trying to poke fun at the bit in late Legends where Kyle jobbed to Jacen.

Ohhh I forgot about that bit. Disregard, I suck cocks