Mermaids whale sized

>Mermaids whale sized.

Or are they just really tiny fishermen?

Guess she'll finally find out if Alexander's dead or not.

This really creeps me out. I think the worst part is imagining another mermaid noticing these boats dragging the dead body to shore.

I sont like the idea of large humans

Think they'll play with her tits before carving her up?

this can go /d/ so fast, it's not even funny

Why just the tits?

there you go

You can't fuck them. What's the point?

Sure you can.

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!

I'LL FUCK ALL OF THEM!

>You can't fuck them.
Not with that attitude.

>Whale lower half.
>Tiny human sized torso.

Now you're speaking my language.

>when there's no hope of ever reaching that itchy spot

This would be a really interesting setting. Are the mermaids intelligent? if so, are they malevolent or benign? Why are the humans hunting them?

In Soviet Russia, giant mermaid hunts you.

Them being intelligent certainly lends itself to the creepiest possibilities, regardless of whether they are malevolent or not.

This has been, and likely always will be, my favourite sentiment on Veeky Forums.

That ends in vore, doesn't it.

>Eating an intelligent creature or that looks a lot like a human

Not really. There are many myths about it out there.
Some dinasties would even claim descent from mermaids

Now I really like mermaids, thanks to One Piece as a general rule instead of having the mermaid be half woman half generic fish, the fish part is always a specific species of fish.

The mermaid's size is therefore proportional to how big or small the fish is. As it turns out there's a lot of fish that much bigger than people. Whale Sharks and Billfish come to mind.

No the ship is made of gingerbread.

There's no follow up picture, but considering that's drawn by Karbo, it's strongly implied.

I also like the idea of mermaids based on specific fish. There's a lot of cool and weird fish out there to base mermaids on.
I tend to assume most of them are about human-sized, though, as otherwise most mermaids would be less than a foot long.

Where do you think you are?

What the fuck is there in the top right corner? Why are they all looking toward there?

theyseeyourdick.jpg

tumblr artist only capable of drawing one kind of face from one angle

Post more different mermaids.

Whaleman>Merwhale

Doesn't end in anything, it's a one-shot

One Piece did it

Demon begone from this thread.

No THAT's what I'm talking about, I'd Shadow of the Colossus that mother fucker like I was playing Dragon's Dogma.

>mermaids with knees
>mermaids with butts
No.

Are cephalopod mermaids a separate race, or just another variation of mermaid?

He looks like his alignment is "righteously pissed". I'd try to recruit him to the party first. Otherwise I agree wholeheartedly.

Butts are fine

>Ctrl + F
>"Felarya"
>0 results
stay pure, Anons

>Ctrl + F
>"Karbo"
>2 results
never mind, too late

Sorta reminds me of the mermaid bone farm from DF

>Carchadoron female space marine

I would see that whaleman more as a kind giant, like you're lost in a tempest and suddenly your ship is pulled to safety. As you try to understand what's going on, lightning illuminate the sea and you glimpse a gigantic wry smile.

True. Whales are kind and peacufl creatures. Even after all the shit we've done to them, they're mostly cool with us (except right and bowhead whales pretty much have species-wide traumas for almost beign hunted to extincion, which makes them rather hard to study. It's understandable given they can live over 200 years, so many of them still remember their friends or relatives gettign slaughtered by humans).

That looks off since the human part is just growing out from the tip of the whale's upper jaw. Given it has the throat-pleats clearly visible, it'd seem the whale part has its own jaws, so it's less of a mermaid and more of a human torso shaped tumour on the whale's "nose".

>seduce the leviathan
>a year later, you have to balance adventuring with raising a human/leviathan hybrid kaiju baby

i had no idea i wanted chubby mermaids

>Mermaids whale sized.

Been there, done that.

>done that.
that I can imagine

>captcha: Glad Baron
what are you glad for?

>implying
that's what the harem of fiercely loyal all-female bodyguards are for, pleb.

wanted to post art of it but I can't find any in relation to that part

A blue whaleman, maybe.

Orcaman? Fuck no, I'm not going in the water.

That's anime tier.

>more of a human torso shaped tumour on the whale's "nose".
Puppets are hard when you don't have hands.

The only known case of an orca killing a human in the wild is during an arctic expedition when one burst through an icesheet while a person was laying on top of it taking a photograph.
Orcas can be downright sadistic bastards at times, but they're also smar enough to know that humans are the only thing that could actually pose a threat to them, so they play nice with us.

How is this book? Seen it a few times here in Veeky Forums but can't really tell what kind of story it is from the descriptions.

I like to imagine dragons as kind of like flying orcas. They could eat you if they wanted, but most of the time they don't really want to.

>How is this book?
just read it. It's worth your time.

> Yfw you are the only orca to break the non-aggression code.

There was also one that deliberately killed its handler after being kept in captivity, but that was an exceptional case.

Black Swallower>Anglerfish>Gulper Eel> Dragonfish>Stoplight Loosejaw

> "Damn it Nootka, what if the humans start attacking back? You put every one in danger!"
> "You may destroy everything Keiko have worked for!"
> Trailer foghorn

Pretty good. Just don't expect a terribly likely series of events.

>Are the mermaids intelligent?
Yes, much like actual whales are. They can communicate and are known to form big communites
>if so, are they malevolent or benign?
It's hard to say, as the hunt has been going on for longer than anybody could remember. The only truth we know right now is that any unguarded ship that enters their waters will never come back in one piece

>Why are the humans hunting them?
Because they hunt us. Each and every single mermaid will hunt viciously attack human ships and only death or some serious crippling will stop the onslaiught.
Their meat is said to grant good luck and mystic powers, but this is merely a myth related to how it's highly venomous to all but the most vigorous individuals.

anyone who gets their panties in a twist over that didn't read the book very carefully

>getting crushed under that fat tit

What a way to go...

Why are mermaids so commonly portrayed as having tails longer than their torsos? The actual "tail" part of a fish is noticeably shorter than the rest of the body. Hell, in some cases it the tail is little more than the back fins.
An actual mermaid would have a tail half the size of her human torso.

You might as well start asking questions about centaur anatomy while you're at it. Or just go down to the nearest HA chapter and take a piss on their bikes, that'll probably hurt less in the long run.

Because the tail is the only thing that is really adapted to underwater life

Probably because it'd look off. In a lot of cases the "tail" part of the mermaid's body actually includes the entire rear part of the fish's body, rather than just the postanal length (like the fish mermaids in ). Sometimes the human half of the mermaid starts where the fish's head would star (like in), but that sometimes looks awkward as well.
So I quess mermaids are often more like fish-centaurs than humans with fish tails.

>Implying humans wouldn't be eating Orc or Mermaid meat if they were real

It's the opposite, user.
They put the "legs" of a fish on the torso of a woman.