EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL /edhg/

Colors in Need of Better Commanders Edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
How would you design a better Commander for a color combination that needs it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/101101010010100/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would design a cute but terrible commander so that I could protect her smile

ffffffuck druids

There are already a plethora of waifu commanders out there.

As if you could say that they don't need to make good cards anymore because there are a plethora of good cards out there.

I want a Naya commander that isn't just 'beat faces in' or Marath shenanigans. I'd be happy with just making Tamanoa legendary.

Did Seton touch you in your private place with his horse cock, user?

Had a bad Seton experience?

>How would you design a better Commander for a color combination that needs it?
boros, literally just bidant of thassa but boros colors slapped on a creature

A looting/Reanimator Rakdos commander would be fucking tight

Red black sac deck that can target creatures with damage and doesn't require stupid color identities to do what you want
Some combination of tymaret and lyzolda blood witch
Rakdos doesn't get many good options as of now so if it ended up being a little busted all the better

Anybody get mail today? EXL's tiles looks like it could be a fun extra layer to Commander.

>laptop broke
>but pic related came in the mail
Today could have been worse

foil trostasni arrived today and my new dildo

This looks like a pile of pain going into a Gitrog list.

I see what you're implying...

No but I think I'm gonna order stuff tonight. I owe a friend pizza money and he wants a Darksteel Forge.

What are some good hatebears for Alesha? I need more "fuck you" cards for that deck.

Post dildo you disgusting sissy fuck

Oh and my dog had a seizure... now that I think about it, today was not great. At least my Gitfrogger deck is in tip top shape.
Have fun user!

Any chance for new goblin cards or reprints in the near future? The new Duel Deck has some nice reprints but still it feels like there are not enough goblin cards for a BR fluffy gobbo tribal deck

i dont wanna get banned by the mods again though ಥ╭╮ಥ

Man I'm so undecided and can't stick to a deck once I start buying cards for them. Is anyone else like this?

I'll finish a deck one day but I just keep discovering new shit that tickles my fancy and then I want to build that as well

Grand Abolisher
Both Thalias
Vryn Wingmare
Imposing Sovereign

I'm more partial to centaurs myself :3

Or even just a boros commander...

Keep your sodomy on your containment board faggot

way to live up to the Selnesya stereotype you fucking tease

>no qt Boros waifu to sit on my face and discipline me
It hurts just a little.

Return to Dominaria is the next set. If they're not stupid there will be goblins/elves/wizards/soldiers/zombies (but we're talking about Wizards so who knows).

>Boros
>not Mardu
Utterly plebian.

At least Naya commanders have variety in their facebeating, every fucking Sultai commander is graveyard.dec with barely any differences.

I go through phases. But I think I've curbed my urges at long last. For now, at least.

Getting real tired of this old guy at my lgs. Guy has several decks worth over a thousand and has been playing magic since 8th edition but is wrong about every fucking ruling. He thinks he's right though and refuses to be challenged because he's got experience on everyone

>thinks cumulative upkeep is mandatory until you can't pay the cost

>Has no fucking clue how commander tax works. Once tried to tell me that because my alesha died twice (I sent her to the graveyard,once not the command zone) that I had to pay 4 extra instead of 2. Even after trying to explain this he didn't listen and just started raising his voice and saying "every time your commander dies..."

>no idea how replacement effects work

>doesn't understand why no one in the store wants to play against his chaos deck after the first couple times

>gets increasingly loud whenever you call him out on a ruling and finally says some shit like "fine I'll let you do that this one time" which triggers my autism to no end

>One of these things has come up EVERY time I've played with him and there's always something new for him to rules lawyer his way out of

fuck this guy makes me so angry

>qt waifu to sit on my face and discipline me

>Not azorius

Distusting

Jeskai needs more commanders. Specifically, it needs a decent goodstuff commander not named Narset since she is fucking cancer.

I'm not normally a fan of stapled design, but this might be the place for it. Something like 4 for a 3/2 hexproof Flash, ETB detain a permanent each opponent controls, on combat damage to a player each player sacs a land, mana tap and sac to counter a spell.

There's so much shit that "should be" in Dominaria that you really shouldn't expect anything to make the cut. That set is inevitably going to be disappointment in a box unless they make the set like 1000 cards to squeeze in everything people expect and want.

Artifact centric esper commander who isn't completely broken. I already have competitive commanders, I just want to be silly in my favourite 3 colour combo.

Tcgplayer split me into 3 packages, so I only got a teaser, today. :/

Fuck fetishes, I just want good sex.

Sterling Grove is solid though. What deck?

If that's the case then go with experience.

Every time he's wrong and defends it, stop arguing, bring up your phone, find the appropriate ruling and show it to him. Keep doing this even if the game grinds to a halt. Eventually he'll either learn that he's not always right or he'll stop trying to be right to avoid all the hassle.

Did someone say experience?

I WANT TO PUT MY PENIS IN FREYALISE'S EYE SOCKET

I'd rather play against that guy that the cocksucker who only plays control decks at my game store. He flashed in an aven mindcensor in response to be cracking an evolving wilds. What kind of asshole does something like that in a casual game? And then the other guys at the table don't attack him because they're afraid of being targeted. So they sit there, not doing anything until they can muster the power to take someone out in one hit (as if the control guy would allow that) until the control guy finally draws into his infinite combo.

Jund -1/-1 counters and landfall commanders
A proper enchantress commander
Izzet artifacts commander
Mardu vehicles commander

Plus anything new for my beloved Temur would be nice

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/101101010010100/
A-stax-a, I was asking for help here, a little while back. It's probably my least sportsmanlike deck, but I've got a specific table I'll need to bust it out for. Also, I forgot to order an Orochi Hatchery, and sundial is a stand-in til I can find one locally or order again.

Ywn be tucked into bed by meren :(

Oof. Atraxa just draws hateable decks. Play what you love though, my dude.

Rally your plebs, say you'll strike first!
Make them fall into line
watch as they betray you

Sounds familiar. I got a buddy that is know for that. My other friend oblivion rings everything and plays geist of st traft. Then there is the other one that plays black blue control with lim dul's vault and aetherlings

I like Atraxa, but she is kinda my reserve. I normally just play Hope, which only has a couple of stax-y elements to help it recover if it gets disrupted during late game.

But I've posted before about a trouble group who targets me regardless of what I bring, so if a certain crowd wants an archenemy, a certain crowd's getting an archenemy.

Also, might as well post 'em.

Jund -1 counter commander or Jund lands commander

Mogis or Kambal? I want a control commander that doesn't totally rely on finding an infinite to win

Kambal. The Tax Man is fun to run, plus you can Kill Sat bitches with Aetherflux Reservoir.

Believe me I tried. One guy was playing a sliver deck. He had a crystalline sliver, sliver hivelord, sliver overlord, and some other inconsequential sliver out. Shroud and indestructible on all his creatures. Attack you idiot! Next turn, mass exile effect. Don't remember the card used, at that point I scooped after the third time my commander was countered and was packing my shit up to go to another table.

mogis will get you targeted

iirc he's making it to punish a paladin of autism, which makes it A-OK

>flashed in an aven mindcensor in response to be cracking an evolving wilds
Completely valid play, generally you want to throw it out as soon as someone fetches anything so you don't have to hold up 3 mana for it all the time
>the other guys at the table don't attack him because they're afraid of being targeted
Classic noob play, don't touch the control player because they're afraid of control but little do they know that if everyone focuses the control player he runs out of resources and dies
"Always kill blue first" should be everyone's go-to threat assessment when no threat is obvious, say that aloud every time you go into the combat step

Ooh I like Imposing Sovereign. Good backup for Loxodon Gatekeeper.

>Completely valid play, generally you want to throw it out as soon as someone fetches anything so you don't have to hold up 3 mana for it all the time

Didn't say it wasn't valid, just that it's a dick move. Like I don't mind seeing my board state wiped if I'm going overboard. That's just the name of the game. But having some pick sit there and say "ok" to everything other people play, like he's being generous in allowing them to do anything, only to pull something like that rally tries my patience.

He had a saying. Something along the lines of "there's only so much fun to go around, I like to monopolize it". It took every bit of self control I had to not say "then why don't you play with yourself?" Don't want to risk saying anything that might get me banned, the only other game store that has regular commander days is a 45 minute drive away. I know I'm probably coming off a a salty bastard, maybe even a bit of a crybaby. I don't play to win, if I do I consider it a happy accident, but I at least want to be able to play. Having to sit there and ask permission is not my idea of a good time. Fuck control players.

>fighting the urge to pack a bunch of silver bullets against friend's deck that I know will gun for me
I know what he's gonna do, and man is it tough not to jam a bunch of shit that wouldn't just fuck him. Bit I know he'll fuck me first.

Post your opening hand, no mulligans

Dralnu?

Somewhat close, it's a Tasigur list I've been working on.

Also my bad for not rotating, the preview image had me tricked.

Marchesa

Good eye (or my namefagging)

Pretty shit hand desu

seems ok to me.

context?

I'm not even going to bother taking a photo of this disaster. It's 6 plains and a Wrath of God. My deck is 2 colors.

Sydri?

Hanna?

>penis island

Experiment Kraj.

nah, i have nothing to do for at least 3 turns

nope

nope, add one more color

Gotta love when that happens.

Would not keep

Sharuum then?

Nope, that would work well for this deck, though.

close

Vorel?

Yup.

That just leaves Sen Triplets then, unless you're playing Silas/Tymna or something.

Pretty keepable

should be an easy guess

yes its the triplets, i basically took all the red cards out of breya and added a few steal your shit things to make triplets

I took apart my Karador grindy reanimator deck a while ago and miss the sweet grind. I'm looking to put a new one together. I'm looking for opinions from people more experienced?

Teysa, Ayli, Athreos, Karador, Jarad, and Glissa. They all seem generally the same. What are the differences in playstyle? Are there any underrated/overrated?

Alesha?

yep

Bit of a fat nut hand really.

Guess who

Honk honk

Is this Alesha?

Ding ding ding

not good enough without another land

Surprisingly keepable.

Anafenza.

Karador?

Indeed