Get this

Get this

My friend wants to run a World of Darkness campaign, but not in the World of Darkness. She (of course a female would have a braindead idea like this) wants to steal the plot from Shin MegamI Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, but her self-insert will replace a sidekick character that gets possessed by her waifu, because of course she has to make it even cringier.

It's a solo game for her girlfriend (I think, anyway, either that or it's a real fucked up friendship, and degenerate either way), and she SAYS it's just so she can learn to GM with story material already in place, but for fucks sake. Play pathfinder with a module if you want to learn that, am I right?

Anyway, Veeky Forums cringe thread.

I mean... It sounds like two people using a game to have fun together in a way that doesn't harm or inconvenience anyone else? I'm not quite sure what there is to be upset about.

Seems like they're doing what they like together. Go them.

>Play pathfinder with a module if you want to learn that, am I right?

That's like learning how to cook by microwaving hotpockets.

>I have no game and I must cream

You sound jelly as fuck brah

>friend shares something with you that she's probably nervous over (I know I was scared to death the first time I GMed anyway)
>is doing it with a friend that presumably wants to play this as well, and nobody else
>I KNOW! I'LL SHAME HER WITH A Veeky Forums POST!

You're a bad friend OP

Okay, have a (you), but just because it's so petty and pathetic, it's kinda hilarious.

>Using modules
>Ever

Never use a module, they're only good at teaching you how to not GM. You use them for inspirations, but they're normally awful in terms of plot and mechanics.

GM's gotta know how to improvise, and you only do that by making your own shit and letting it roll down hill.
WoD is really easy to GM since it's modern times with supernaturals being rare. You don't need to do a lot of heavy lifting since it's all real life with a bit extra.

>Veeky Forums cringe thread.

I think we're off to a great start, but probably not how you intended.

It's not even a good troll. Lots of buzzwords, like 'degenerate', the implication of lesbianism, namedropping WoD and Pathfinder... And they don't flow together very well. Not a great effort on the whole.

What I don't get is why he's mad that Hitomi is replaced by a self-insert. I don't know if Nemissa as a GMPC is a great idea, but Hitomi has basically no personality and besides a couple lines, just goes away completely when Nemissa possesses her 20 minutes into the game. She could be replaced with anyone and it wouldn't matter much.

Veeky Forums is so thirsty they will whiteknight anything with vagina

These are the depths we sank into.

That's your follow up troll? It's kinda pathetic.

I smell jelly.

Just because she wants to fuck another girl and not you doesn't make her badwrong dude.

...howwwwwwww does this involve you?

So speaking of Shin Megami Tensei, I was trying to try and run either a SMT or Persona-esque game for my group after we finish our current game, and I'm not sure whether to go with something like Mutants&Masterminds, Gurps, or a more hardcore MaOCT. I've seen some homebrews out there that are specifically for smt, but I didn't like any of them.

Anybody ever run any smt games? Any advice you'd give?

M&M could work. But I think there's a JoJo system out there somewhere. Just use the doll part of that.
Any system that has defined summons that can use anime magic would work though, BESM probably would too.

>new player wants to learn GM
>Pics story they're familiar with so they can focus on learning the rules.
>doesn't make herself the main focus, but a side character.
is a game for them and their friend, OP doesn't have to play at all.
Frankly sir, sounds like she's doing okay. You however are a faggot.

>bitching about how other people play games that he's not in.

Tell me again how people aren't allowed to have fun.

Actually there's a Demon the Descent variant from either the story tellers guide or Flowers of Hell that an alternate setting based off of SMT.

If I am gay and defend a point another guy in Veeky Forums am I white knighting him as well? What if I am Bi? Could I never defend anyone without being a white knight?

I cringed when I read your post, OP. You sound like a bad friend and a lonely misogynistic cunt. Try playing in the game before you judge. You might have fun.

Stop projecting, OP.

This is a very weak troll thread, you should feel ashamed.

>My friend

Friends don't go online to show off to random strangers how stupid they think their "friends" are.

You aren't even cringy, you are just a sad, pathetic cunt.

Imagine being so pathetic that you have to make up an imaginary story that checks all the boxes of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums virtue signalling, just so you can get a little bit of attention and validation.
Thanks, OP. I'm really glad I'm not you.

This.

This is now a goblin thread. Post goblins.

A friend of mine wanted to play Light Yagami in World of Darkness.
The character pic he chose was Anakin Skywalker.

He acted like such a titanic edgelord that I ran out of bullshit reasons for why the Sheriff hadn't put him in an ashtray after 5 sessions. Dumbassery includes:
>Openly declaring to the Tremere Primogen that he wants to genocide the Tremere
>Trying to disarm a ghoul with his pathetic hand-to-hand instead of his Dominate 4
>Calling the Sire he picked and characterized as an egotist a pathetic retard every time they met
>Pulling a Griffith park on the local werewolves because "there's room only for one of us"
But the crowning moment of cringe:
>"I'm looking for the man who killed my friend Aerith (sic). His name is Seto Kaiba."

>my friend
>play pathfinder with a module if you want to learn that, am i right?
>cringe thread
I'd say so

>His name is Seto Kaiba
I would have laughed literally the rest of the session

>Play Pathfinder
>with a module

Couldn't I just kill myself?

Most of us managed to keep our shit together. His cousin (uncle? kinda fucked family history there) just lost his shit and needed about half an hour to recover.

>My friend
Lol, suspension of disbelief only goes so far

There is a point where cringey stops being terrible and starts being hilarious. And god damn, Seto Kaiba is that point.

Maybe the fair damosels will reward me with access to Venus' lily garden if I defend their honour online

Avast, thou scoundrel, for I, Ser Nice Guy the Ally am here in the service of Social Justice!

Alright I know you're fishing for people saying 'You're just trying to get (you)'s' but I will indulge you for being so dedicated.

I find it funny that all the troll can do is focus on the genders of those involved, even though most of the people posting here didn't even mention it.

>Anyway, Veeky Forums cringe thread.

You shure made a thread in your own image.

No, you are not, pathfinder, especially with modules is never the right answer.

Should've just told the story rather than talking about the system or bringing up pathfinder.

Welp. You made an arse of yourself OP.

I don't really see the problem. You're not involved, and you're shitting on them for doing something together. Why you're doing this, I have no idea. But I'm going to say jealousy that she has a friend.

I'm currently running Persona with the numbers filed off using Battle Century G. Pilot scale stats for people, mecha scale stats for punch ghosts. The elemental system from the supplement is easy enough to expand on.

>of course a female would have a braindead idea like this
you sound like a Ferengi without the lobes man

your friend sounds cool

I've gotten to the point where these sort of genuine "I'm a teenager and this is the coolest shit I can think of" characters are just charming as hell to me.

>"I'm a teenager and this is the coolest shit I can think of"
Yeah, those have their unique brand of charming. Teens have their own unique view of coolness and badassery.
he was 24

The thing I fail to see is why it bothers you at all. Other than pic related

if this friend is literally a lesbian then i don't know why any of you cucks are wasting time on this shit anyways,

it's two girls doing girly shit together. let's talk about 40k now

40k is shit, talk about Traveller

Traveller is shit, talk about D&D

D&d is shit, talk about Maid

Maid is shit, talk about Shadowrun.

Maid's alright, but let's talk about MTG

Shadowruns shit, let's talk about Pathfinder.

Can I play Light Yagami and search for Seto Kaiba in Pathfinder?

Pathfinder is shit, let's talk about our Lord and Savior GURPS

GURPS is shit, let's talk about FATAL

FATAL is shit, let's talk about Continuum.

Continuum is shit, let's talk about Numenera.

Continuum is shit, lets talk about Savage Worlds

Savage worlds is shit, lets talk about Call of Cthulhu

Call of Cthulhu's shit, let's talk about World of Darkness.

Sure. You won't believe what my friend was trying to do in a solo game with someone else...

>friend
>She (of course a female would have a braindead idea like this)
>solo game
>explicitly for learning

I hope you're trolling user. Otherwise you're a pretty judgmental friend, fussing quiiiiiiite a bit over something that is explicitly not going to effect you.

If you're serious, then please consider some self-reflection. Ponder why this bothers you when it does not impact you. Like sure, it's something of low quality in your hobby, but you don't have to take part in it. You really don't have a leg to stand on, and the fact that you are as irritated as you are clearly speaks to some underlying baggage.

At least they didnt try to rip off persona?

Wolrd of Darkness is shit, SHIT.
...Let's talk about Dungeon world

Oh wow, autistic /pol/ faggot throws a sissyfit over absolutely nothing.

Fucking kill yourself, cocksucker.