Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Tau Should Be Able To Target Characters Because They Don't Have Any Anti-Psyker edition

>Current Reviews: Blood Angels
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/27/chapter-focus-blood-angels/

>Current Leaks:
>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved full Strats, Traits, Relics, Powers, and Reece Spin lmao
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=fJQLyBpT4n8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!) recently updated
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

Other urls found in this thread:

creaturecaster.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Red Thirst

2nd for the black rage

Third for White Genocide

>Tau Should Be Able To Target Characters Because They Don't Have Any Anti-Psyker edition
That might be one of the most retarded things I've ever read

Fifth for salty Seth

Will Dark Angels be good???

Sixth for Cultural Enrichment

40k has always been popular with military guys. I always assumed that's why there's so many guardfags.

Not if Blood Angels are, GW can't manage two good codexes back to back.

I completely understand the skepticism behind them working towards greater balance. I just have hope that its mainly an issue with how hard they are focusing on just pumping the codexes out.

They will probably be pretty good, but not the best

Currently I have
An archon
10 kabalites
10 wyches
10 hellions
9 reavers
1 raider.

What's my next purchase? I'm thinking either scourges, a succubus (or Lelith) or a second SC.

user you can target characters. just take Sniper Drones.

Scourges are amazing and if you do bluestuff casting with judicious use of magnets you can get an easy full set of each weapon and even use them for kabs and trueborn.

I want to fuck that Velma. Why are all Velma cosplays so fucking hot?

Aren't BA first?
So BA will be shit, following on from Nids, and that opens it up for DA to be either.

I been a nice Tau for like a month, I figure it's time to shitpost for a day.

>tfw I ordered my recasting materials just for that reason and they'll be here tomorrow because of ONE DAY SHIPPING NIGGA

> That Scoob

Kek.

We've already hit that point with almost every psyker in the game. It's somewhere around ~60 points for a one cast psyker with full Smite. MEQ psykers clock in around 100 for two casts, and nobody is spamming them. Heralds all clock in around 70-80 for single cast, no spamming. Wierdboys clock in at around 60 for full cast with casting bonuses, and they don't get spammed (not the way Malefics and Primaris do at least).

>nerf the base points costs of all currently smite-spammed psykers
This. Full stop. You nailed the only not-retarded option, and then insisted on spewing mental diarrhea for no reason. Hell, no that Malefic Lords are out of the way, we're almost there. Bump up the Primaris by another 10-15, same with the Spiritseer.

>nerf smite damage output, even though this hurts appropriately costed psykers
>make smite a higher warp charge, same problem of nerf to appropriately costed psykers
>make smite wargear, but you'd have to reduce cost of currently appropriately costed psykers to compensate
Every one of these either creates another new balance issue OR requires far more work for no real benefit.

>limit the number of smite casts per turn, accidentally nerfing GK and Daemons in the process
And Thousand Sons and Eldar and anyone that wants to take lots of psykers for thematic reasons.

Shas'el be kind to the gue'la

Are snipers overcosted for what they do? It seems like they won't make back their points in characters killed.
Depends upon whether you count chapter approved as a sufficient break after the nids codex.

You've just lost all your greater good boy points.

I just get so erect for hooded robes. The only things I care about are Night Gobbo's and Dark Angel's.

If it has a hooded robe I'm a sick little freak for it, by God what do you call this?

Please learn me on this blue stuff casting.
My archon doesn't have a blaster as I only had one on my sprues, and I'd been about to look at bits sites for Dark Lances.

Is going as Scooby for Halloween blackface?

It was the best purchase I ever made for my DE. I also recast my favorite heads ALL THE TIME. love me them visors.

It's called being gay. You are just attracted to uncut dicks.

figured I will post a few other shots of my current efforts to repaint my warhound (continued from the previous thread). And yes, It has magnets so I can swivel the top half around.

>Are snipers overcosted for what they do? It seems like they won't make back their points in characters killed.
Nope. Nothing should really be able to make it's points back in less than a couple turns of operation, unless it has severe weaknesses. Most Snipers are fairly cheap and come with both durability (usually improved cover) and deployment bonuses (usually infiltrate). Making Sniper too good also hurts the highly cinematic nature of 40k. If Snipers are really efficient and effective, nobody is going to be making melee characters and trying to run them into each other.

Got any tips for a newbie? Planning on using some Legos to make a mold brick and make the molds using Mold Star 30 and casting with Smooth Cast 320.

I do refer to my little (read:big) guy as my hooded warrior

I'm super gunboaty even if it's not all that viable at the moment, so I'd say more kabalites and raiders or venoms, maybe the kabalite+raider box instead of the whole start collecting.
Scourges or Trueborn would be great for more lance spam, one of the best parts of Dark Eldar is the kitbashing so you can use your spare Kabalite special weapons to supplement your Scourge selection. I think dark lance scourges are the best at the moment but other people I know personally prefer blaster Scourges. Don't forget Trueborn though, four Blasters in a Venom is a super maneuverable (still not that survivable) anti-tank/big thing.

My store is filled with military fags who are into Marines and Guard. Then there's the one girl who likes Guard and is always surrounded by autistic war fanatics and meathead soldiers. They start going on and on about real tanks and war formations. They ramble to her about why they picked what unit and all the math involved. She always politely nods along. Then she's like "I think Ogryn are really cute, and Sentinels are cute too!" She picks Punishers because she likes to roll lots of dice. She takes Commissars because she likes hats. The contrast is wonderful.

Alright got my first finecast minis and holy shit how do you work with them ? I scrubed them with soapy water but primer still wont stick and dry. Someone help

Ya ever think about greenstuffing a big fucking robe on your titan? Yeah, that might spruce it up a bit

R8 this list pls

2000pts, Black Templar Battallion

+HQ+
Terminator Captain [Crusader's Helm, Relic Sword, Storm Bolter]
Emperor's Champion

+Elites+
Terminator Squad [3xStorm Bolter/Power Fist, Assault Cannon/Power Fist, Sgt w/ Power Sword/Storm Bolter]
Tartaros Squad [4x Lighting Claws, Reaper Autocannon/Power Fist]

2x Venerable Dreadnoughts [Lascannons/Power fist]

+Troops+

4x Crusader Squad [4x Bolters, Heavy Bolter] 2x Rhinos
2x Crusader Squad [7x Chainswords, Bolt Pistol/Power Fist, Sword Bro with Thunder Hammer/Bolt Pistol] 2x Drop Pods

>She takes Commissars because she likes hats.
too cute

>sideways picture
you're using the wrong incense, again.

Alright bois now that we know the BA tactic whats the best point for point cargo for a stormraven?

To break up the solid flat colour of the hull plates you could give it an all-over wash of reikland fleshshade, it'll make it look a it more realistic

that paintjob looks really lumpy, expected better from them

Ratling snipers with an Ogryn bodyguard.

>melee
>terminators
>barely any anti-tank
It's shit.

99% of paint-jobs look just as bad if not worse if viewed that close with good lighting.

Okay, that gave me a real good belly laugh there. If I actually had ANY sort of skill with greenstuff, maybe. but to say the least the few times I tried to do anything with greenstuff, it did not go well for me or the poor model.

Zoomed in shots of models bother me because it always makes the paint look like ass.

Bottom right kinda looks like Alpha Legion.

Oh, Terra...

Because they like to pretend they’re smart nerdy chicks who don’t get by on their looks.

Debating whether to get into Dark Eldar now or wait until their new book comes out. Got plenty to keep me busy at the moment.

4/10

Very light on ranged anti-tank and ranged shooting in general. Terminators are generally bad, especially melee terminators. Those melee Crusader Squads are awfully expensive for units that will eat Overwatch and flub a charge most of the time (put them in Rhinos and give them some Meltaguns or something at least). Heavy Weapons on units that are planning on moving.

what would be better?
crusaders w/ priest
or
catachan platoon commanders w/ priest (equipped with swords)

You can find a bunch of youtube videos on it, it's super easy. Blue Stuff is essentially a plastic that you melt into a 2 part mold. You press 1/2 of the bit into the first partx let it dry, and then press more melted blue stuff onto the top. Once it sets you just fill it with Greenstuff or Miliput (I prefer miliput, easier to remove "flash"), press it down, and let it harden. For longer, thinner weapons I suggest putting a peice of paper clip into the mold to help keep it from breaking.

Isn’t that kind of moot because platoon commanders cost so much more?

Nice work.

2 ravagers and another raider.

is this loss?

but they get more attacks, and get the +1 strength. And I just realised can be buffed by straken as well as the priest.

I'd wait then. Going off of CA we may end up getting the thickest part of GW's member again.

I'd say wait if you have plenty on your plate. The interest is there. Keep the Dark Eldar in your pocket as a reward for your work. We're roughly middle of the pack, so even if our book isn't too good, the models are still gorgeous.

t. Dark Eldar player

I dont know, Sniper drones are pretty bad for their cost and they dont even get the Sniper rule on their gun.

God damn this fucking meme.

My dreams of a viable pure primaris army are dashed.

I don't enjoy building and painting my space midgets now. They just look silly next to primaris.

8 platoon commanders with powefists, a priest with eviserator and 3 primaris Psykers.

stop

catachan, if only because they're cooler

kek

>My dreams of a viable pure primaris army are dashed.
How so? I expect GW to stormcast the shit out of them soon. New units every few months.

No primaris death company. What's a BA army without DC?

Probably the closest you'll get.

I just looked up the points for the eviscerator. And no way am I taking that. Power fists are equally bad for s3 dudes (even though their catachan, it doesn't apply before multiplication so only s7).
And why 3 primaris psykers? what's the purpose of those?

you will never experience dark eldar at the height of their popularity/power in 5th but i hear they're alright in 8th

Be prepared to wait. The true kin are the redheaded stepchild of GW. They will probably be the very last codex. But you might as well get into them now as they are fun and flavorful. They also have sexy models.

Dark or heat lances? I'm a different user in a predicament. I own an SC, so thats where my main gunboat is (I'm taking a kabalite out and throwing the archon in, but losing a lance), a ravager, ad two boxes of scourges (without arms atm). Also still have to build and paint a venom and 5 blaster trueborn. What do I arm the scourges with? I have two boxes of them and they're my favorite models in the range.

I was thinking of going over most of the plates with Nuln Oil to help give it a bit of a weathered look. I am hesitant to throw the reikland onto it because it is a bit of a color difference and it would take a LOT of reikland to put it all over the plates. but maybe I will go that route for the leg plates to give it more of a 'kicked around in the dirt' look.

I think army wide turn by turn cumulative bonuses are better than the old power from pain system and 8th has made our boats much more survivable.

>(even though their catachan, it doesn't apply before multiplication so only s7).
The way modifers work is to apply all non-weapon modifiers to the stat first, then apply the weapon mods. Catachan PF's are actually S8 now.

I'll take good DA over BA, they've got some more interesting lore that can actually still impact on events.

Eviserators are 12 points in CA. And for Smite spam and 4 WS3+ S5 -1AP D3 damage attacks.

They have shit lore but a living Primarch.

I'm looking at the designer commentary right now, and this is what it says:

"First you must determine the model’s
current Strength characteristic. To do so
apply all modifiers to it that multiply or
divide the value, then apply any that add
or subtract to it. Having done this, you
then modify this value as described by the
weapon’s Strength characteristic."

Do any kind anons happen to have this book they would be willing to share?

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS MODEL!

You guys ever worry that being a less popular army means you'll get squatted?

>shit lore
>DA

Fucking Heresy, m8

Only for a few editions while I played Dark Eldar.

creaturecaster.com/
They're doing a not-Tzeentch femDaemon next.

12 points still isn't worth the 1 extra AP over an 8 point powerfist

It says you apply modifiers first and then modify that value as described by the weapon's strength characteristic. So you add modifiers first and then apply the weapon to it.

Slightly updated Admech list from a while ago
Figured Infiltrators made better use of the doctrine than a single dragoon

Forge World: Ryza

HQ
Dominus
Eradication Ray, Macrostubber, Anzion's Pseudogenetor, First-hand Field Testing (Axe)
141 pts

Elite
Infiltrators x5
x5 Stubcarbine and Power Sword
120 pts

Troops
Vanguard x5
Arc Rifle
49 pts

Vanguard x5
Arc Rifle
49 pts

Heavy Support
Onager Dunecrawler
Cognis Heavy Stubber, Neutron Laser, Smoke Launchers
140 pts

Total: 499 pts

It would be very hard to squat DE with an asspull like "A GRAND DYSJUNCTION HAS CAUSED THE WEBWAY TO IMPLODE ON COMMORRAGH, THUS COLLAPSING THE ENTIRETY OF THE DARK CITY UPON ITSELF" without pissing off A LOT of people. This would affect Craftworld and Harlequin players, too.

nvm, didnt notice the url in the corner until after posting. I shall report to the sisters repentia for flogging.

Until heat lances get a points drop always go for Dark. The lower range on the heat lance means the squad will almost always die and the S6 means against the targets you want to shoot your usually wounding on 5's. This means you pay a whole bunch of points for a glorified suicide squad. Dark Lances allow you to plink away safely all game and do more damage on average. This is especially true for Scourges who can drop into really good cover and fire all game from relative safety. 4 to hit 3 to wound is a LOT better than 3 to hit 5 to wound. That said if Heat Lances go down 10-15 points they'll suddenly be fucking amazing so there's that.

I cant beliebe thisbhah.

Im going to bed haha this thread has reached the pinnacle all else is waste

Sisters of Battle have been around for ages despite not getting new models for decades. Celestine is the exception, but she's more of an Imperial Soup tech piece than a real Sisters unit.

I take Dark Lances on one unit and Blasters on the other, though I sometimes take the Haywire Blasters instead of Blasters if I think I will be facing a vehicle with an invuln save. People in my meta quiver at the thought of mortal wounds though.