At a glance, could you tell whether this would be considered light or heavy armor in D&D...

At a glance, could you tell whether this would be considered light or heavy armor in D&D, or would you need to know more about what it's made of?

If it's metal, it's a breastplate, which is medium armor. If leather, then it's light. Given that the arms and legs are uncovered, unless that's some future-tech bodysuit, it's unlikely to be heavy armor.

I forgot medium existed. Yeah, looks like metal to me. I'll go with that.

It'd probably fall in the "medium armor" range, as it looks like scale mail to me.

In theory it could be splint armor - which is heavy - but this appears to cover mainly the chest and torso, whereas splint also has metal parts to cover up the waist and legs.

That's edge armor.
It's made entirely of edges.

He's the edgiest.

You playing a Kerry expy? What system?

Mid-90s light body armor being worn by a magic using terrorist. Probably made from kevlar with ceramic plates.

Another thing to keep in mind is that scale mail makes noise a the wearer shifts about, so it's not good for stealth, which this guy looks to be going for with a covered face, hood and mantle setup.

But it looks to be sized for his body, and with proper padding it probably wouldn't make too much noise. He just won't get all of his DEX bonus to AC while in the armor if we do classify it as scale mail.

>segmented breastplate
Why do people do this? It doesn't actually help with flexibility because that part of your body doesn't move.

I'm just trying to tack down some specifics in case I ever get the opportunity. 3.5 is the only system I know, but it's not unimaginable it'd be 5 or something farther afield.

It looks kewl.

Luckily Kerry is really more defined by his values and philosophy than by his powerset, such that you could port him to disparate systems/settings and still have it work.

In a D&D game, probably something Arcane-Trickster-y. Stealth with a dash of magic for utility.

Clearly the Fate franchise is very concerned about realistic armor.

Magic.

I'd be inclined to allow it to count as one or the other depending on what the player's prospective character needs mechanically. It's just an aesthetic thing anyway, the important thing is making the player's character suit their taste.

>not posting the version with exposed armpit chains

This one?

Man, that's gotta chafe.

*Magic.*

If I had the choice between that or nothing, I'd probably still take that. Oddly enough, too that isn't super unrealistic to an extent (other than the chain shit). A few breastplates are two-piece things that allow the fauld to be directly attached and still giving some bending movement forward. She looks like she's wearing just the bottom piece, which would be a bad idea I'm sure, but maybe those FAT FUCKING TITTIES just aren't comfortable in a full breastplate. Maybe it is parade armor. Or magic. Whatever.

Now I'm imagining someone summoning Ned Kelly and him wondering what the fuck this stupid looking armour is.

>I'm wearing armour literally made from plough shares for the metal and even I think that looks stupid.

For all the stupid things to say about Fate: She's not supposed to fight. She's Ruler class, which is an adjudicator/judge rather than a fighter.

what would his noble phantasm be

Then if nothing else, it is parade armor. Also, let's be honest, its clearly just supposed to be a underbust corset. Somebody saw a two-piece breastplate and said "that would make fat titties look neat" and it was done. Admittedly, I like the design.

Being Australian

>Parade armor
It's also Joan of Arc. Didn't she mostly where armor for show more than anything?

Likely something like:

>Black Iron Armour
>Clads him in his iconic armour, making him nearly invincible to direct damage unless you can get his legs.

Either an archer, a rider (He WAS first arrested for stealing a horse) or a terrifying Berseker (Since his final showdown was him screaming as he charged the police with a revolving rifle in each hand tanking shotgun and pistol rounds without slowing until they cut his legs out from under him. That's a pretty berseker thing)

Well, she also tanked a cannonball. Joan wouldn't fight herself but she wore armour to keep herself safe from ranged attacks.

i imagine him steaming in rage like herc berserk.

>YOU CUNTS!

Your torso doesn't move? Do you have vertebrae or has your spine fused completely with the large unbending rod you've got up your ass?