Magic the Gathering - Tournament Behavior

>In an Instagram post, Sprankle announced she was cancelling her upcoming appearance at GP Portland and deleting her private Facebook account because she was "super tired of the harassment and would love to have some peace and quiet."

>"My phone suddenly rings, as you well know how scary that is, and I say 'Oh, death threat. I guess Jeremy made another video or series of tweets about me,'" says The Professor.

>There are clips of UnsleevedMedia talking about Sprankle and her Patreon. He calls Sprankle a "serial virtue-signaller and crying for Patreon dollars cosplayer" while saying that she cries in her Patreon videos so that "loser beta cucks" will give her money.

>"Another of the instances highlighted in the video shows UnsleevedMedia accusing a Magic pro of pedophilia after a disagreement on Twitter. The Professor's response to the so-called defence of satire is simple, "there is criticism, there is satire and then there is calling a person a pedophile for tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands, to see."

You need to stop behaving like 12 year olds outside of your cave. You can't use all the words you might read while browsing Veeky Forums/pol/b in an RL environment like a magic tournament. It makes you look like a tool. Oh, and please shower.

kotaku.com.au/2017/11/magic-subreddit-on-lockdown-after-cosplayer-quit-due-to-alleged-harassment/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/934625377330352128
reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6hkk3z/huge_shout_out_to_lsv_gabby_sparks/
youtu.be/nslCeqwKuCk?t=600
twitter.com/evergeneva?lang=en
patreon.com/mtgheadquarters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone getting the feeling of deja vu?

Eh, it's prolly nothin

I'm still not donating to your Patreon senpai

So long story short for an outsider: This is what the 'MTG Drama' has been about?

Yes. It's a bunch of e-celebs bitching at eachother. Or whatever. I don't really care.

A internet nobody criticized another internet nobody, internet nobody saw this as an opportunity to earn extra patreonbux and then a internet somebody realized he can use this opportunity to get his penis wet.

>Unsleeved is a cunt who appeals to a niche of right-winged culture warriors. He is an insufferable cunt that revolves his channel around politicized bullshit and overreacting
>Some cosplayer suddenly quit her 5+ years of MTG cosplaying because of him. It is unknown if she has an axe to grind and wanted to make Unsleeved look worse, or this was the straw that broke her metaphorical back with her thing with MTG.
>Other youtubers came out claiming they were also harassed by Unsleeved and/or his audience.
>r/MagicTCG cracks down on it a little too hard on the drama and comes off as SJW bigots.
>/pol/ is trying to exploit this drama on Veeky Forums to "redpill" us with propaganda and get us to join their cause.
>WotC is still making their game worse in many ways. SJWs, who are the focus for /pol/ are ultimately not doing much to degrade the game, but they are creeping into the community.

This is forced drama. I assure you 95% of the people who plays the game won't recognize the chick in and will just think she's a random hired cosplayer/attention whore if she appears in a GP event.

Only the 5% who are complete casuals (they frequent /r/magictcg, what did you expect) care about this and are making the most noise out of literally nothing. These are the same people who feels so sorry for this poor lady, they're donating more money to her Patreon. Because dressing up pretty means you deserve an easy $20k every month.

Literally white knights defending m'lady's honor.

It's hilarious and sad when you take one step back and look at the whole thing as an outsider without choosing to take a side.

Has Wizards commented remotely on this shit.

How did a Cosplayer become remotely relevant.

Anyone getting the feeling of deja vu?

Eh, it's prolly nothin

>I assure you 95% of the people who plays the game won't recognize the chick in (OP) and will just think she's a random hired cosplayer/attention whore if she appears in a GP event.

Ironically that's literally what Unsleeved said and what caused this.

Wizards made a public statement saying they'll investigate and act accordingly.

You bet they'll do something to sate the angry mob at /r/magictcg. It's basically their official forum for MTG after they shut down their main site's forum.

Fuck the game. I hope digital card games eventually make MTG extinct.

/pol/ drumming up social media & reddit drama, even though the first thread on Veeky Forums had everything that needed to be said about the topic.
Soon, if their shitposting campaign is successful, the board will be flooded with links to kotaku, twitter, youtube and tumblr, and discussion will be centered on e-celebs (the "/v/ option"); or frogposters will flood the board complaining that they're too depressed to find friends and play rpgs like all those annoying normies (the "/ic/ option").

>I hope digital card games eventually make MTG extinct.
Hasn't it already? this "drama" happened literally days after r/magictcg discovered the game has lost over 40% of their playerbase in 3 years.

Shit I forgot my /pol/ training back and didn't mention something about LGS's.

Because that's the truth.

You're not hearing it because /r/magictcg is mass banning/deleting post that question the harassment allegation and people who thinks they're making a mountain out of a molehill. Other forums are reluctant to let the users discuss this subject too, fearing it'll make it look like they support sexism against women in MTG

It's literally gamergate all over again.

>directly linking Kotaku
Archive or fuck off

>"We're saddened by what happened in the Magic community this weekend. Cyber bullying and harassment are unacceptable, and we support those who come forward with their experiences. No one should be made to feel unsafe or unwelcome. We're working to be a part of the solution."

twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/934625377330352128

I watched the (((Professor)))'s entire 20 minutes video on this topic, and it was one of the most over sensitive, intellectually dishonest smear pieces on the planet. I don't give a single shit about Jeremy but that was just disgusting.

speaking of e-celebs, let's talk about LSV and his wife.

>cheats on his wife for Gaby
>they both left their respective husband and wife to be with each other, including LSV leaving his recently born child
>get your wife to name your child after some magic faction (Naya)
>leave her anyway

reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6hkk3z/huge_shout_out_to_lsv_gabby_sparks/
>they both cheated on their respective partner
>reddit sings praises to these two because they're minor celebs
Reading those posts, it seems like the mods will just ban/delete anything critical of their "lifestyle choice," which isn't surprising given reddit's slant.

Fucking degenerates, all of them.

>he had to name his daughter so she's constantly having to correct people when they call her Maya
>every time someone calls her by her name, she'll be reminded of the game that her scumbag dad who left her when she was a baby played.

Tell that to the normies. They're so thin skinned they'll ban you for hurting their feelings and for trying to go against the hivemind.

Shit like this is why people suddenly become religious.

>Baww hobbies must cater to female needs, male gamersare toxic we need more diversity and inclusion. Stob this cyberrape! Here is my paypal donation link.

youtu.be/nslCeqwKuCk?t=600

timestamp actually features the professor claiming Jeremy's thumbnails are irresponsible because some people don't understand satire. those are his words. not to mention the fact that he claims jeremy painted him as a sex predator, even while showing evidence to the contrary.

>oops I'm raking in so much money, people will think I've received enough and stop donating!
>hide the amount of money I receive, and hide the number of people who are my patreons
>p-pls give me more money, I am poor oppressed woman

cheating is obviously wrong, but this was LSV's wife at the time: twitter.com/evergeneva?lang=en

batshit insane liberal goblin. I'd be willing to bet she wrecked their marriage over LSV

>oops I'm raking in so much money, people will think I've received enough and stop donating!
>hide the amount of money I receive
>p-pls give me more money, I am poor oppressed man getting harassed by sjws

i have more respect for a woman who makes money whoring out her body than a man who makes money whoring out his ideology

Holy shit. How did lsv get his dick hard for that monster in the first place anyway?

I... refuse to believe that was actually his wife.

What are you talking about and why you talking about it?

>i have more respect for a woman who makes money whoring out her body
If you have respect for a woman who makes money that way your respect worth nothing anyway.
But I guess that is not a part of current discussion.

the guy who rants and raves about patreon whores happens to have one of his own, why do you think he has a minute long segment in each video worshiping how smart and independent his viewers are for watching, subscribing and donating to him

patreon.com/mtgheadquarters/

I don't condone cheating, but in this case I understand.

Shit high school-tier drama that nobody cares

Reminder that (((UnsleevedMedia))) is a fat fuck who essentially makes profit by just shitting on other people. Stop giving these fatties MORE attention

Yeah, the dismissal of this as being 'e-celebs bitching at e-celebs' is the correct analysis of this situation. Nobody is in the right here, idiot factions are capitalizing to make gains, and the True Believers are all gearing up to die on a molehill.
Ironically, this actually makes me want to spend more money on mtg as a general 'fuck you' to everyone.

The guy really dig his own grave targeting someone as near to magic as the cosplayer.

If the cosplayer wasn't this known, the backlash would be diminished.
Which is a pity. The cosplayer is really good but there are other known cosplayers that put great effort on their costumes and got the wrong side of the perfect genes and they don't get this much support. Miss Magic here gets all the support she wants.