Began selling magic items for real money

>began selling magic items for real money
>all my players immediately disconnected when I offered this and none have responded to my messages
>my game is now empty on roll20

>in-universe microtransaction DLC magic items

Nice try EA

I'm laughing at you m8

I didn't know that EA's board of directors played TTRPGS

Your post reminded me that I miss having [REDACTED] threads on this board.

This argument costs 5.99$ to unlock

If this is real, you deserve to have them abandon you.

hahahaha

I offered to buy back magic items my players received for real life currency to see how badly my players would gimp themselves for a couple of dollars.

Turns out one player sold everything his character owned and the other sold essentially nothing at all.

>some people value money more than in game stuff and some people dont

wow how curious and interested i guess you learned a lot from this experiment huh

I expected everyone to sell out honestly.

Well, it's ok as long as you keep it in reasonably priced WEAPON MAGIC PACKS.

>Be me
>Program random loot generator that unlocks once every level-up
>Let players generate loot by transfering bitcoin to online wallet
>tfw the addicted gambler player I DM for paid my rent for 2 years during a campaign in college

mfw

OP here, just got a PM they are continuing the game without me and with the old rogue as DM and I'm not invited

Bait Status: 1/10, delivered a token (you).

Did you explain to them that all you wanted was for them to get a feeling of pride and accomplishment?

No no, he just wanted to offer them player choice, the ability to choose how they wanted their experience to feel

OP you should have offered them chests that get a randomized roll on the magic loot tables. They left because your idea wasn't exciting from the thrill of randomization in the reward that they purchased

>buying magic items with real dolla

>OP you should have offered them chests that get a randomized roll on the magic loot tables. They left because your idea wasn't exciting from the thrill of randomization in the reward that they purchased
This, I can't realize how you managed to miss the mark so badly

if real you deserve it you fucking prick else nice bait mate