/HHG/ - Horus Heresy General

Still no FAQ Edition

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/EOHRFIHH7THEDFAQ/EOH & RFI HH 7TH ED FAQ.pdf
books.google.com.au/books/about/Futurism_and_Politics.html?id=BrjNJoMD9bQC&redir_esc=y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

word bearers a shit

Don't bully the word bearers user, the emperor & ultramarines tried that and look what happened. We don't want /hhg/ to be burnt to the ground in about 5 decades time.

Thousand Sons best Legion
Dog Fuckers stay mad

>every single time the TSons and the SWolves fight the witches lose
Really makes me think.

Sorry, cant hear you over the Siege of Fenris

>bully
does that make calth a school shooting?

correct

>every single time
There were thousand sons at Yarant, weren't there? It's not a battle that's been covered in detail yet, but it seems safe to say the wolves lost that one pretty heavily. And before you say that there were other traitor legions at Yarant as well, remember it's not like the wolves attacked Prospero on their own. Getting BTFO by a coalition of allies is still getting BTFO.

I mean, Ultras probably train at least some dudes on Calth, and the Word Bearers were probably not too retarded as to forget to bring guns...

How do you represent Artificer Armour on your Sergeants?

Pimping crests and a red stripe on the helmet.

Word Bearers a good example of BL not being very good at writing overall motivations or characterization for the traitors and chaos in general.

Fancy torsos and backpacks.

But I play DA, so I have pimped out 40k bling to scavenge through.

Not exactly a wishlist in that some of their answers are what they think FW meant to say even if it's not what they think should be the case. For example, they think FW meant for Sekhmets to choose their powers even though at their points cost, it'd be more balanced if they had to roll like most psykers.

For those who missed it, it's just an unofficial FAQ by the Eye of Horus and Radio Free Isstvan podcasts that they'll use in events that they organize. They got sick of waiting for a FW FAQ; it's been just over a year since they sent the questions into FW, and instead of ever answering them (aside from the meltabomb question) FW went ahead and released a FAQ for The Hobbit.

archive.org/download/EOHRFIHH7THEDFAQ/EOH & RFI HH 7TH ED FAQ.pdf

Every event organizer needs answers to these questions, but until FW lays down the law you can expect different answers from each organizer.

Did I miss it or is there not an answer to Russ' dumb sword rule?

The what?

Speaking of Space Wolves, am I the only one disappointed that they decided to make more Cataphractii rather than Priests and Deathsworn?

>am I the only one
Always. Whenever you think this, it is true. You are the only one out of everyone alive with that opinion.
It is always also just you.

Varagyr were going to get done at some point or another. It's not something I'd complain about.

What I WOULD complain about is that the first SW models had to wait this long after Book 7 came out. They could have interspersed their releases in between TSons and Custodes releases. And it was pretty crazy of them to release not just all the Custodes units in Book 7 (aside from Valdor), but also some units that weren't in Book 7.

I'm fine with Custodes getting a full army but they should not have been such a high priority. Let them be a good force to ally in for a while, then flesh them out when the black books cover the War in the Webway.

>Furries only win when they outnumber the Sons.
Really makes me think

Eh, it's not like the SW don't have an entire 40k range to crib bits from. For better or worse.

When are the Sons not outnumbered?

What the FUCK kind of armor mk is that

Needs a MkV torso, MkIII arms, MkI backpack, MkII helmet and MkIV shoulder pads.

One MkVII leg and one MkVI leg. It's just mixed leg armor.

Looks really stupid, though.

Nth for IT'S CONFIRMED

Dorn is the only Primarch who did literally and unironically nothing wrong during the Heresy. This is objective fact.

word bearers, or at least lorgar, had a better reason than most to turn to heresy.

The ones whose motivations made no sense are Horus, Perturabo, and Mortarion. It made no sense when index astartes was a thing and it makes no sense now with BL

>Dorn is the only Primarch who did literally and unironically nothing.

FTFY

If it wasn't for him, the heresy would've ended sooner, and with Horus as winner

nope

Perty's made sense. He and his guys got all the shit jobs, none of the recognition, and got snubbed at every turn. When Horus went traitor he upped the intensity of this in Perty's orders and kept telling Pert that it was Emprah's orders, I'm sorry, but I appreciate you.

So when it came time to choose sides Perturabo was left to choose between the guy who appreciated him and all his hard work, and the guy who would dump him and his sons in the mud as a road bump so that the favorite Legions could swoop in at the end play hero. Not a hard choice.

Unfortunately BL threw the ability to do a slow buildup out the window by making the second book Davin and the third Istvaan.

I thought Perturabo went traitor because he thought the Emperor would not forgive him for what he did in Olympia

It was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the Iron Warriors had been building to it all throughout the Great Crusade. Their betrayal is a long story, where Angron's is a short one.

It looks stupid as fuck, but it's a mix of MkVI and VII legs. Technically possible, since they're both meant to be interchangable for logistics/modification purposes, but yeah, it's fuckin' weird looking

not a Sanguinius or Vulkan buff but what did they do wrong?

My vote is for the Khan.

If his defenses had been better the Emperor wouldn’t have had to go get himself sorta killed.

Sanguinius
>only stopped from becoming a Chaos pawn by a random Apothecary shoving him out of the way
>actually declared himself the Emperor ie a little thing called treason
>consciously chose to doom his entire reason to the Black Thirst by deciding to An Hero against Horus rather than try and win their duel

Vulkan
>His answer to the Drop Site Massacre was to fall back to a position occupied by a prepared and stronger enemy force and attempt to dig in
>Took travel advice from what he thought was the anthropomorphic spirit of a volcano because that's normal
>Decided against telling his Legion or anyone on his homeworld he wasn't actually dead.
>Bailed on a Shattered Legion force containing his own marines to get on with his spirit vision from the volcano man when if he'd stuck around for one hour longer then Meduson wouldn't have died and the future Iron Hands might not have become quite such massive cunts

Horus did nothing wrong. Death to the false emperor.

They were good enough though? Horus knew he couldn't breach the Palace in time, so he tricked the Emperor by lowering the void shields.

So friend of mine got me pumped up on starting an army for 30k and Im going for Imperial Army or Renegade/Cult. Any tips on how I should build the army? Was thinking of using max amount of ogryns but thats about all I have thought of so far.

I hope you enjoy painting 40 infantry dudes for your troop section. What minis do you want to use?

Ogryns are pretty good.

The Iron Hands have been doomed for decades now, they are the least loved Legion and chapter by GW and FW, bar none. Even traitor forces like the Word Bearers and Night Lords get more love than the Iron Hands. And their primarch died first

Also, as for Vulkan, none of the Iron Hands, Salamanders, or Raven Guard knew the 4 other legions arriving after them had turned traitor. Falling back to regroup and prepare for a followup strke wasn't that bad of an idea if you were expecting the 'relief' forces to be allies. Also, while I don't necessarily condone salvia-induced spirit quests, the Salamanders have still done quite well for themselves without Vulkan around. They're still pyromanic, tough as nails, humanity loving super humans that are blacker than a Nubian warlord.

Oh I was greentexting on purpose, like anything it's more complicated than
>implying
always is.
Though I think you're confusing real world Iron Hands portrayal with this new in-universe fluff that the surviving Iron Fathers all had a collective nervous breakdown and got their Warleader killed so they could lead the legion off into the shadows to argue about whether playstation is better than xbox for millennia.

I believe Vulkan issued the fall back and dig in order once the betrayal was revealed, though I can only imagine he was neither expecting the landing zone to be so completely hostile, or a micro-nuke to be dropped on his head.

And while the Sallies have certainly done well, I'm not really sold on the reasoning Vulkan has for hanging about in the shadows (what is he, an Iron Hand) doing...stuff...for millennia either. But we don't know the whole reasons yet, we don't know how he goes from guarding the Throne to where they found him in the War of the Beast, for example.
They did set up that he really hates the Dark Eldar and carries a lot of guilt about it, so there's perhaps more credence to the him fucking off to fight in the Webway idea, especially now he's already been shown to be quite aware of it.

No, the lost primarchs died first.

>be Khan
>be so aloof that you fail to realize 50% of your legion has been swayed to Horus’s side

Well the idea started as making a kill team but the friend told me that my idea could work in 30k aswell.

My plan is to mix beastmen with various other bits, possibly all the bodies as Tau or just the legs. Ungors for basoc infantry and Gors for ogryns. And no worries, I know what Im getting myself into.

Pic related. The first one I did.

A conversation between Lorgar and Angron in Betrayer implies that the lost Primarchs weren’t killed. Lorgar wonders out loud if Primarchs can actually be killed and Angron reminds him of Ferrus.

Hey, this is cool. A beastman militia force is an idea I've thought about, so it's great to see someone taking it on. Model looks good, post more when you do them.

Well you're in luck, here's the second one I did. I have three more bodies made for gors and few Tau/ungors mixes. Im also going to grab some kroot rifles and give them to basic infantry so they look little bit outdated.

>when you fuck up so badly your dad trades you off to a Necron warlord as a decorative stasis piece in exchange for information about the Webway and Eldar smut

I dig that pose.

>And no worries, I know what Im getting myself into.
That's good.

Gors are too small imo. Ogryns are 40mm base size, as should your proxies. Minotaurs are better, too bad the plastic GW ones are meh. Third party stuff maybe?

I like your idea, abhuman mutants fit the milita theme well. Also, if you're gonna use them for 30k, keep the Tau icons to a minimum.

Pretty horny, user

>Dorn
>Wasn't on Istvaan with his bros facing total extermination (Vulkan, Ferrus, Corax) because "MUH FORTIFICATIONS" autism
>Didn't leave the Retribution Fleet because "MUH FORTIFICATIONS" autism is really a thing
>Didn't face eldritch abominations from the Warp nor the temptations of the Dark Gods (Sanguinius) because he was on Terra building FORTIFICATIONS
>Wasn't cut from the Throneworld by a giant warpstorm with 3/4 of his legion destroyed (Guilliman) because he was already there FORTIFYING stuff
>Went mad about Valdor and Malcador trying to assassinate Horus while doing fucking nothing but building WAAAAAALLS
Dorn = fortifying Terra + killing Alpharius. Nothing else. No trials, no desperate situation to deal with. Let's give him the "did nothing wrong" trophy, he's still the most boring primarch ever.

What's even funnier about that is Alpharius played himself, Dorn just beat him in a 1v1.

Kyme's retardation doesn't count user

Thanks!
Yea they are bit too small and GW minotaurs and head taller than ogryns. I'll try making bases a bit taller so gors will be as high as ogryns, but youre right. They are still bit too small compared to ogryns.

If anyone have good source for some minotaurs let me know.

Dorn was the housewife who had to stay at home, during the heresy.

Dorn is so rude, all Alpharius wanted was a chat.

>Don't you have anything to say to me, brother?
>Open fire.

b a s e d
a
s
e
d

FW got a pretty nice minotaur, puts the plastics to shame. It will be boring to have a squad of them, since they only got one pose.

Alpharius still lives, so who cares. Out of all the legions, the AL would have less of a problem losing theirs, compared to say the IH.

Nice trips.

Yea he would be awesome but single pose is off putting. I could round up models from various companies. Would look different atleast...

VROOM VROOM MOTHEFUCKER

Why do Outriders look so different to CSM bikers?
Are both 'canon' for the Heresy?

The chainaxe is a nice touch.

Because FW has to be OC about everything. Imagine if they had just put out kits for regular bikes with MkII, III, IV, V and VI riders in, say, packs of 3. And a 6 man set for attack bikes. But no, lets make a whole new bike design and base it on the scout bike, so that you can't even use GW or 3rd party legs to make anything other than MkIV bikers.

They really need to get their shit together. It's like nobody has any plans on what to release, what designs to make, etc. It's just people slapping shit together and pushing it out of the door with token rules.

There's a whole host of designs they could just modernize and tons of old art they could turn into models, but nope, lets make a new knight, but 20% bigger this time, or put a different turret on this one tank.

Where you lost...again?

Dorn, your walls are shit

>Only primarch the Emperor trust so much to fortify his own palace

>Lion: just builds a medieval castle
>Khan: instead of building any walls whatsoever, flattens the entire continent around the throne room for maximum hit 'n' run bike shenanigans
>Russ: builds a giant viking longhouse out of wood, the retard
>Sanguinius: instead of replacing the gilding and decoration of the palace with fortifications like Dorn did, actually makes the palace even more beautifully decorated, but not fortified in any way
>Ferrus: pretty decent effort at fortifying, but the palace is now a land crawler for some fucking reason
>Guilliman: writes a book on how to fortify the palace rather than actually doing it
>Vulkan: isn't harsh enough on the labour force, work isn't complete by the time Horus arrives
>Corax: ha ha ha no
Yeah, Dorn really was the only choice.

Corax uses reflex Shields to cloak the whole thing and then nukes the traitors from orbit.

Horus can't attack Terra if he can't find Terra

I wonder how the traitor primarchs would have gone about fortifying Terra.

>Fulgrim: pre-sword Fulgrim actually does a pretty good job, not as good as Dorn but still good. Post sword Fulgrim just fucks about watching orchestra, taking drugs and stabbing himself in the balls
>Pert: everything is metal and there are deadmans switches all over the place, every single time the enemy win a battlement or room the last guy buries them in tons of debris
>Curze: just covers the place in crucifixions, impalements and flayed skin, the entire place is edgier than requiem vampire knight
>Angron: can't focus due to nails, gets angry and destroys the palace himself in a fit of rage
>Mort: turns the palace into one massive gas chamber, then crashes a battlebarge into the traitor LZ
>Magnus: spends so long looking into the future for the exact traitor invasion date that they arrive before any work is done
>Horus: same as pre-sword Fulgrim
>Lorgar: builds a church despite strict instructions to do the opposite then chooses to doom the galaxy when told he is wrong
>Alpharius: *gives smug look* "do you think that was the real palace you just stormed?" *gets out smarted, dies*

>Curze: just covers the place in crucifixions, impalements and flayed skin, the entire place is edgier than requiem vampire knight
I don't think edginess can be applied there. The things you described are very common irl.

If you're going to brag about your defenses being impenetrable so long as there are people to man them, you don't get to call them adequate after you need to make a hail mary sally to lift the siege.

>Only primarch the Emperor couldn't trust enough to let out of his sight
Seriously, even Angron got to do shit without being babysat by daddy and Malcador.

>Lion: Builds a mighty fortress, but its only fortified against giant monsters and trees.

>only primarch so shitty in conquest that you made him fortify palace that never will be under siege.

Khan: The Golden Throne is now mobile.
"Wherever He is, that is the center."

Who had best toys?
Vulkan, Ferrus or Perturabo?

Horus.

Except it did.

Guilliman.

The other, lesser, legions were always in awe of his toys and wished they had toys that were so nice.

And if other legions had cool toys, Gurlyman would copy their for his own legion to use (see Fulmentarus Terminators)

>Furious and seeking revenge, Grimnar and the majority of the remaining Space Wolves made haste for the Cadian Gate, which was in the midst of Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade. Meanwhile on Terra itself, the High Lords were alarmed by the news of Daemon Primarchs plaguing the Imperium once more. They summoned no great army to respond, but instead living weapons of the Emperor. Human in appearance, but with the power to unmake a god.
Meanwhile within the Warp, Magnus roared a howl of triumph. His plan had succeeded and the Sortiarius was transported by a ritual fueled from Midgardia's sacrifice. It reappeared over desolate Prospero, bringing with it a great Warp Rift and hordes of Daemons. The Imperium would never be the same.

>furries lost

ftfy

Alpharius

Ok where the FUCK does this image alone come from???

books.google.com.au/books/about/Futurism_and_Politics.html?id=BrjNJoMD9bQC&redir_esc=y

I might have that somewhere.

So many namefags have vanished into the aether, but some are as persistent as herpes.

Actually I do. Bastard was in the wrong bag, but here he is.
A 'speaker of the dead'

Which legion would the Emperor be most likely to fight alongside with? The reason I ask is I plan to make my loyalist force a mix of Legio Custodes and Astartes. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ultramarines mainly because of how typically loyal they are, and also their blue would contrast very well against the Custodes' gold.

What do you guys think?

Dorn looking good

UM are a good choice sine the emperor did consider them a good example of what a legion should be but you could also use emperors children or luna wolves. But if you want to be super fluffy you could go with white scars, blood angles, or imperial fists since they were all confirmed to have fought with custodes at the battle of terra. Theres also space wolves due to the whole prospero thing

If you're going HH era, Ultrasmurfs, Imp Fists, White Scars, or Bangels would work well. If you wanna shoot for Great Crusade, Luna Wolves and Emperor's Children were favorites of his, and both fought along Custodes (EC protected the Emperor from an assassination attempt alongside Custards once, which was what earned them the right to bear the Palatine Aquila)

This. IF cucks actually think that was Alpharius and not just a patsy AL space marine. Everything went according to plan

Fun Fact: Curze's fortress in the Eye of Terror is supposedly built entirely out of STILL LIVING bodies.