Tau faggotry

So after being an imperial only player since 4th ed (astartes, SoB, GK, guard), I have decided to start a tau army. Here is what I currently have:

Commander Farsight (because fuck the ethereals) [built and primed]
1 squad of 10 fire warriors (all pulse rifles,shasui with pulse rifle and pistol) with shield, guardian, DS8. [built and primed]
1 squad of 3 crisis suits (havent decided what to equip them with yet) [not built yet]
1 tau commander [still in box]
a second squad of fire warriors [plan on loading them out just the same as the first squad]
1 XV95 Ghostkeel [still in box]
1 squad of 3 XV25 stealth suits [still in box]
1 TY7 Devilfish [still in box]

What would you recommend I setup these remaining units and what would you recommend I get as my next units?

Also, I had a question about the crisis suits. it says that I can replace the burst cannon with up to 3 items from the ranged weapons and/or support systems. Since a burst cannon is on the list of ranged weapons, can I still take it as well as say a missile pod or plasma rifle as well as a shield generator, or does dropping the burst cannon to take the other systems preclude me from being able to take the burst cannon?

Recommend a quick visit to your nearest commissar

aside from this guy being completely right, from what i understand of 40k, you want to get as many riptides as possible for massive spam because it wins games

>Riptides a shit
>Magnetize your crisis suits
>Magnetize your ghostkeel
>Riptides A SHIT
>for the suit question, they have 3 'hard points', 1 is taken up by the burst cannon, but you can put whatever 3 guns/systems you want
>Spam commanders

I will probably magnetize the ghostkeel, but magnetizing the crisis suits would not be reasonable.

as for the suit, I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. You know how some of the vagueries GW is responsible for some terrible ways to interpret things. I figured it was the 'take 3 options from these two lists, of which burst cannons are part of that list' but wanted to make sure.

I do plan getting some riptides and possibly some of the forgeworld battlesuits. but I was wondering what I should prioritize as my next purchases, and what the 'recommended' loadouts for some of these units.

DRONES!

>dat file name

I like you, I bomb you last.

i have 10 crisis suits it's way better to magnetize them, and never run support systems on your crisis suits just two main guns e.g plasma rifles or sometimes fusion blasters and a flamer

B&
B&

You want as many drones and Commanders as possible. Everything else is kinda shit right now.

I will keep that in mind.

When it comes to books to catch up on the lore of tau, I figured Farsight and The Greater Evil would be good starting points. Any other recommended reads?

Enjoy your ban, duder

you seem pretty angry.

Just pointing out that it's gonna happen, brochaco. I didn't even report the thread because lord knows Veeky Forums has enough sticks up its collective ass already

What else is new? I have been on Veeky Forums since warhammer wednesdays, when we didnt even have a Veeky Forums board. From the old cinder/flare threads, the great 3rd ed vs 4th edition war, the great purge which first brought us ques threads because literally everything else was getting banned, to the banning of quest threads. Whenever Veeky Forums has an active mod they always get overzealous.

But post classical art, or reference old literature/history about sex, gods and rock'n/roll, its fine. But god help you if you post xenos tits thats relevant to the thread at hand, and the mods lose their mind.

post mini's with tits whether it be from slaanesh, KD or 3rd party range and thats just as liable to get you banned even if its completely on point.

Mods are fags, fa/tg/uys are fags, I'm just here for blueberry tittays

That might be the best conversion I've ever seen.

>Haigure
Damn, that's some old memes

Stealth suits are beyond underrated. Aside from them having the least point bloat (fuck you Riptides being goddamn 300 points of bullshit) their global -1 to hit and 3+ armor is great.

Infiltrate them forward with ATS (making them 38 points a model) and chew up most things within 18 inches. Buy a homing beacon for shenanigans that can get your suits 3" from an enemy.

>Not for the greater goods

Autism

Remember the gloriousness of this meme?

pepperidge farm remembers.

40K crossovers never fail to be cringey as fuck

Of course they are cringey as fuck. Hell, a good amount of 40k books are cringey as fuck most of the time, to expect rando's on the internet to do a better job at lore when even professional writers suck at it is expecting a little too much.

Even GW own staff are pretty garbage at lore, remember the dark times of Matt Ward? To say the least, fanfics of 40k can be more consistent than GW staff. Just look at what happened to the GK and Necrons and tell me they are better.

Necrons were never good

>NSFW
You must be new here

Wait for the codex

What a boring response

You're on Veeky Forums. You came here to do shit that people find cringey.

Nucrons > oldcrons >>> toasterfuckers

Or old.
Oldfags are feelin' sad these days, what with being vastly outnumbered and all, so they're trying to dig up the old magic. I've seen it a bunch recently.

yep. We never left. we just lurk because of the resurgence of nazi-mod. after all it a blue board...
in the cesspit of the internet.
but you know... standards or something

>dark times of Matt Ward

He actually wrote really good rules though even if people disagreed with his vision of the Ultramarines. Now look at things in the fluff, this is how it was all going to go. It was always going to be this. Matt Ward did nothing but be ahead of the curve, making far better rules and gameplay than anything that came after it.

Matt Ward was always the hero we needed.

I have 1 riptide and still enjoy using it, but is talking about 7th edition when riptides were WAY undercosted and being taken in all sorts of tourney lists that weren't tau. The nerf hammer hit them pretty hard in 8th ed.

And since anything can hurt anything in 8th ed and it's easier than ever to spam 1 force org slot the best strategy for ANY army is spam a bunch of cheap units and drown the opponent in dice.

Just keep in mind that gw might nerf that at some point, though I bet they love all models it makes people buy.

Either way, blue girls are best girls, welcome to the greater good, and try not to let them castrate you gu'vesa