Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Under the Sea Edition
How would you feel about an underwater adventure? Any concepts floating around that would work for an aquatic game?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Twelfth_Serôs_War
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_of_Fallen_Stars_(sourcebook)
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/shifter/
youtube.com/watch?v=A5BzGwUqGzk
youtube.com/watch?v=XmOZC0a4IVg
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53259705/#53259705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Generally most people don’t want to die. Perhaps they shouldn’t have taken off the restraints mind controlling the person who wanted to kill them to not kill them.

It was FotJR, same group where half of the remaining members are making new characters.

I'll probably subject my players to some underwater retrieval quest eventually, but at the moment i lack the creativity to come up with something
Question for those that answer positively: has it ever been a journey NOT in a sea or ocean?

>forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Twelfth_Serôs_War
>forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_of_Fallen_Stars_(sourcebook)
My game is set in 1368 DR in Faerun. The Twelfth Seros war happens in 1369 DR, and my PCs will be level six by then.

Neither of them have put any ranks in swim. They can learn some third level spells to help with that. I'll probably have them take control of a ship to have them investigate islands around the Inner Sea once the Sahuagin spread out. They're a Kensai | Evoker and a OD | Forgemaster.

Big thanks again to those anons who helped me refine and balance my Halfbreed Elf race. This is the final version with some minor changes to standard sense/traits and some additional FCB

/pfg/ players are whiny shits. Half the games around here have been hemorraghing players just because of one of the following.

>I'm bored
>I need to be more OP and GM won't let me
>I can't differentiate between IC and OOC conflict
>I was only here for internet fame anyway
>I was only here because another player was so now that they're gone I'm out

When did any of these scenarios happen?

All the games I have participated in retained all their original players save for players who didn’t show session 1. This is including the game I played in here that ran to completion.

>I'm bored
JttW
>I need to be more OP and GM won't let me
PLD
>I can't differentiate between IC and OOC conflict
Dragons 2
>I was only here for internet fame anyway
HV
NotR

I think that's fair. I wouldn't want to play in a game my friend dropped out of

I just want to say that your layout is excellent and your pdf skills are great. Did you pay for that artwork? or did it just happen to fit?

Cecaelia camouflage hunter.

Is it wrong of me to go even more extreme than the Elephant houserules?

I have players gain one bonus combat feat at first level, and then gain one more bonus combat feat every time their BAB increases. I also remove ability score restrictions. This it the only way outside class features to get combat feats.

I also give a bonus racial feat at first level (or skill feat), and remove crafting feats (though I make you use an applicable craft skill instead of spellcraft and magic casting isn’t required to craft items).

I can kind of see Dragons 2 and HV being accurate, but what about the others?

True, but wouldn't you rather just make your excuses and leave if you got no enjoyment out of the game otherwise? That's what I'd do, because someone else might want my spot if it had been as publicized as a /pfg/ game.

It's always been in the arena for me, brudda.

I'm bored was basically the reason from all parties that caused JttW to fizzle. Not sure about the other two.

You'd be surprised how many /pfg/ namefags are vocal about their hatred for Pathfinder and their blind love of 5e. They're only in it for the lewds.

>GM gave me a mask that mimics Beast Shape 2-4 for a few minutes each day
>He okayed the Mooncursed Barbarian's Hybrid Transformation as a possible upgrade path for it

Guys shit what do I do my GM has just approved a monstergirl mask WHAT DO

>PLD
Vult has no goddamn clue how Pathfinder works and thinks Pounce on a martial is OP.
>NotR
If you're playing and got in with a friend, but then the friend is gone, there's a large chunk of the reason you were having fun gone; makes sense to drop.
>JttW
Scheduling sucks, the entire game got canned because of it.
>HV
The other players are still playing, and the one who did drop did so because of life problems.

I'll give you Drag2 though.

No joke, FFX-2 would make a solid campaign.

Name yourself or fuck off.

>Question for those that answer positively: has it ever been a journey NOT in a sea or ocean?
I'm sorry, no matter how many times I read this, I don't quite understand what you're asking.

Buy pizza for your group next session, and make his large sized

FotJR is losing a member! Who would you want to replace them? Who do you think will drop?

Literally all of 2hu and QANONs hang ons have expressed this very thing publicly on multiple occasions.

Both systems have their merits and I see why people feel the way they do.

Well the Shifter is on the pfsrd. Come! Behold in it's disappointment and it's terrible archetypes.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/shifter/

Sleep, Disk, Sappy, or Slow.
Disk because he's a motherfucker, Sleep because he's probably not getting any ERP, Sappy or Slow because their characters hooked up and sexual tension was all they had going for them.

Hating Pathfinder is understandable once you've played it long enough. Thinking 5e is any better is stupid.

>Who would you want to replace them?
IDrive
>Who do you think will drop?
Probably Argentum

>The nigga don't even know who's in FotJR
What's it like to be such a transparent shitposter? Can you teach me?

It's an online game, no go. But I've discussed dropping WBL into it so I can get it upgraded with various fun stuff like Extended Duration and other kinds of polymorph effects like Monstrous Physique.

Also the mask was given to me, the Bloodrager.

I DID compliment the DM's taste.

Literally nobody because it's a meme someone started for no good reason.

Was your underwater adventure carried out in non-salt water?

X-2 was garbage, though.

It's probably just Sleep. He lists himself because he wants to feel sorry for himself and then a bunch of SotJR people because he doesn't want to actually insult his teammates.

It happened in a lake, so yes. We went underwater and found an airship.

>NotR
If it's who I think it is, that player barely contributed anything even when his friend was there.

Even if it's just someone memeing, I can't believe the number of games that run with no scheduling conflicts arising. All the games I've been in have had to change days or have people drop and be replaced due to changes in job, moving, or even things like marriage.

Would you have preferred a prequel game?

It makes sense to me. Lot of neets, a lot of people that'd rather play with neets because they're tired of scheduling problems somewhere else. And the single upside to celeb culture is that these people have a community reputation to worry about if they drop or cause trouble.

True. Maybe it's just because I'm busy with a ton of things in life that my games fall through every once and a while.

It just happen to fit. I believe it's a FF14 fan art

I cant blame people for "hating" pathfinder. It is an inherently flawed system with a lot of effort required to "fix" it. However while I have a lot of gripes about it, it does offer a fuckton of options.

You make it sound like someone who isn't enjoying the game should stay for... reasons? I'd much rather have someone leave than stay and be unhappy.

What would you do to fix them, then?

Was JttW that level 10 Argentum game?

That is a cute sheep maid.

Ah, no. Everything was ocean based.

It was, yes.

As a general reminder, Cerulean Seas exists. A large series of setting-and-rulebooks designed to allow for undersea adventure.

It has barbarian penguins.

X-2 was actually pretty okay. It was campy, silly and somewhat fun, the battle system was solid though it could have benefitted from some changes (and I generally enjoyed 10 over it because of the turn based system). Even the music was quite good, though obviously pop influenced and not nearly as memorable as other entries.

youtube.com/watch?v=A5BzGwUqGzk
youtube.com/watch?v=XmOZC0a4IVg

The big downsides to it were the clear re-using of assets and the incredibly short "story". It felt like a rushed project that they made just because rather than a proper sequel.

Dress spheres and garment grids were pretty okay, but some boards were very overpowered, the mascot was nonsense to get; and the 'special' floral fallalery / machina maw / whatever paine's was called weren't actually that good. The accessory system was also a pain.

A prequel would be excellent; but the main issue is that there's very little story left to actually explore. We know almost all the details.

Of course they hate Pathfinder, look at how Paizo's been running it.
And 5e's fun, there's no point hating on it until you've played it. I have, and I think it's just okay.

Give them better lore and better gods, give the other species outside of the Chromatics and Metallics a reason to exist, and feature them more in APs.

>tfw never got to do the meme shit that was posted in the thread two years
>tfw no polymorph masks, no barbarian bullying alchemist, no hitting things hard and exploding them
>tfw solo game with the same GM that feels like he's doing it just because he pities me.
>tfw suddenly overcome by all these negative thoughts that I know are wrong but just won't leave

Anons help I need positivity. How are your games going? You done neat shit? You got new games to look forward to? Fun homebrew, lore, characters? help a sad nigga out since he's too poor to be an alcoholic, drug abuser, or vidya addict

>Sappy or Slow because their characters hooked up and sexual tension was all they had going for them
>Implying they're not skating by being sickeningly cute all the time

>It was campy, silly and somewhat fun
Forgot to mention, that was extremely important because there *needed* to be a tonal shift after the bleak hopelessness of ff10. It did have its moments of sadness, but they were an important exploration of emotion and how people were either starting to move on or getting stuck in the ruts because of who or what they'd lost and how suddenly the world was changed.

Its a pretty fun world, but the game was "eehhhh" to "this is pretty okay".

Look at this poor fag and laugh!

Thanks, I like them.

Somebody get FennecAnon in her to help this poor soul, stat!

How do you guys come up with character concepts you won't get bored of? I've been foreverDM with my old group for 7 years so I'm used to playing NPCs that die in one to two sessions so I'm having trouble thinking of a character concept I both enjoy now and can see myself sticking to.

I do too, user.

Build mechanics first. It means that you'll always have things to look forward to as your character progresses. Make sure there's enough leeway that you won't suffer for adjusting to the game.

On the roleplay end, make sure you're playing someone who can generate good character interactions. I mean, make them an interesting character too if possible, but if you can't then it's fine to have something a bit more shallow or archetypical as long as it gives you space to do different things.

Hey /pfg/, remember when people were jumping all over one another to make sexy plant apps?

My players in this game left Rusty Dagger Shanktown. They're getting an award from one of the city leaders for repelling a sahuagin raid. Afterwards, the rest of the session will be slice of life. The PCs will participate in the Highharvestide and the Feast of the Moon celebrations. The session after that will involve the setup for the Threat from the Sea. The Bhaalspawn crisis won't directly affect the PCs in my game.

The Moon elf Kensai | Admixture Evoker is participating in Velsharoon's ascension. He also owns two book repositories, a store, and some other stuff from Ultimate Campaign.
The Gold dwarf OD | Forgemaster (Cleric) of Dumathoin is building a temple under the city in the Underdark, close to the Darklands. He's branching out from Primal Fury to Silver Crane.

I just ordered a copy of Ultimate Wilderness. I'll give my players a chance to change their characters if something looks interesting to them.

The first player is holding back on his build. The second is new to Pathfinder. The first player also volunteered to run a session so I can play a Vigilante (Stalker) | Spell Sage.

>implying you need money to be a vidya addict

Did they really? From what I remember, only Broodie made a plant girl app.

I'm horribly out of the loop when it comes to PF, is the kineticist class still awful or are there actually decent feats and archetypes for it now?

As with most things Broodie does, it spawned a minor surge in shitposters trying to force it into becoming a meme.

How good is E6?

It's shit.

"Forced meme" is a good way to describe most of /pfg/'s actions.

I'm stuck with old FPS games and trying to find pirated copies of games I played when I was a kid. I'm literally dirt poor. Pathfinder is almost 100% free and enjoyable to me even if the rules are janky, I'm a massive autist, and nobody in the ass-end of nowhere-ville will run it instead of 5e

It's so good that most /pfg/ campaigns are that.
They just happen to never actually reach 6.

Yeah I assumed that was just Broodie talking about it non-stop in his clubhouse and it leaked out

I think it was more the people around Broodie that wouldn't let it die. Unlike the character in question.

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll be fine on the mechanical end of things, I'm just mostly concerned about the RP end of things. Most of the players are entirely new so there's no pressure to be an amazing RPer, it's just something I enjoy more than mechanics.

I was thinking of making an alchemist because I love the bomb mechanics, and my goal would be to create a potion to cure my [insert love one of choice here]'s incurable disease or something like that.

Yeah with shitstains like Broodie, Protag and Slow that attract fanboys because they're "just such nice people" it's almost always said fanboys who are the problem..

Not trying to offend, but why play Pathfinder if roleplaying interests you more than the mechanics? Why not something else?

Protag was a nice enough shitstain to review our cancerous apps, so that at least puts him above the other two, right?

That's mostly what I meant, though certainly he also posted about it here as well

Protag didn't do anything wrong.

He lied about Ensoulment. He only recruited his friends and left everyone else out to dry.

So you be saying
*writes app*
YOU be saying
*posts overly sexual art*
that he a good boy
*bamboozles*
who dindu nuffin?

and he self-shilled in a THREAD OP for Rorygame.

What's wrong with the people chosen for Ensoulment?

don't need mechanics to roleplay with your buddies.

>13 pages

Exactly, so why not play something that has less lawyery, broken mechanics?

None of that is true though.

mechanics are for conflict resolution, and pathfinder's aren't terrible and have a lot of options allowing for hopefully diverse cast of conflict resolution techniques.

Completely separate from roleplay in any system worth its salt

It is a provable fact that he only recruited his buddies, both from in and out of the discord. If you're going to do that, why bother with the app circus? Why give people false hope? It's despicable.

>Completely separate from roleplay in any system worth its salt
And pathfinder isn't worth its salt.

>mechanics are for conflict resolution, and pathfinder's aren't terrible
lol

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53259705/#53259705

>worth its salt
Is there a more plebeian expression than this?

Well, there's your attempts at living a fulfilling life.

I am so morbidly curious about this.