This is not ok

This is not ok

Other urls found in this thread:

artisandice.com/
orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer products/dudice.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're right. Using a bar graph to represent data that could have been represented using a pie graph is inexcusable.

Red fags BTFO

Off-white/bone dice master race reporting in.

I'm surprised clear isn't at the bottom of the list

I don't think I know anyone who uses blue dice. Weird.

I think i have all these except for glow ones and pink in my set. Predominantly blues and greens. I don't know how many i have any more, i just know the approximate weight of dice. Just over 4lbs now.

Clear dice are [spoilers]clearly[/spoilers] the worst choice, followed by glow. I'm really surprised white isn't higher on the list, and that yellow isn't even represented.

>im-fucking-plying pie graphs aren't compete garbage

They have to be discounting d6s.

My top sets are as follows:
>Mottled black with gray
>Crimson/navy swirl with gold lettering
>Iridescent pearl
>Clear with blue wisps
>Iridescent black

r8 & h8

I'm a Golden trailer trash pleb myself.

Who /purple/ here?

My man

My man.

Two purple sets + 36 purple d6es, 2 gold sets, 2 green sets, a blue and light blue set, a red set, and a pink set.

>Not using dices with at least 4 different colours.

>corners smoothed off the d4

IN MY DAY WE HAD POINTY CALTROPS AND WE GREW STRONGER EVERY TIME WE TROD ON THEM

I hate the purple dice I have. They have a purple/gold swirly pattern. It sounds cool but it is next to impossible to see what you rolled without a spotlight shining on them.

Pie graphs are stupidly ineffective to show show information unless you want to male a point about how monopolies and market control. But to compared close values, it's absolutely insanely ineffective as to provide visual aid to help understand scale.

>Male a point
Mansplaining?

>giant sprue slab on the d6
>d4 has no points
>the deformations on the d10s
meingott.exe

>clear beating any solid color
What the fuck

I wonder if the fact that the official d&d 3.x dice set was blue has anything to do with it. I had that set myself and it was definitely the only set I ever saw in normal bookstores and the like. Comes with four d6s and everything.

Carved cedar dice. I’m really unique.

Think 4th and the 5th Starter set had blue dice too.

>blue
I don't know that I've ever actually seen a blue die on the table.

good taste

retarded?

I am sure they look cool but I wouldn't let you use that dice on my table. They are most probably unbalanced.

>Not using dice carved out of antler

>Using plastic dice that may or may not have air bubbles inside.

Solid metal dice or bust

Why do you think that metal cannot have air bubbles inside of it?

>He doesn’t use classic, aesthetic, clean, crisp, cultured white dice

>He doesn’t value ease of sight, contrast between the black numbering and white background

>He doesn’t let out a cultured chortle upon seeing the stereotypical white d6 (a staple in gaming for MILLENIA) next to the more modern d20 and other variants in the same style.

It’s like you all have absolutely no taste in design.

>All those malformations on d6s

ewww

>Not having a dice that changes color with every roll

Clear people need to be fucking shot, i cant read that from across the damn table

Poorfag detected, bet you don't even have a mammoth ivory d20

Just as planned

I like you user. High contrast is where its at. Red and white text, green with white text, black and gold, white and black, all good stuff.

>Being boring
Call me a hipster, but white lettering on black dice looks way better than the reverse.

If you notice, the nicks on the d6s are in the same place which implies they’re mass produced.

There’s a machine somewhere that grinds up antlers and spits out dice.

How horrifying

BLEACHED

What company? I’ll prove you wrong, SmugAnon. I have WAY more money to throw away than you!

>Mass produced, malformed, carved dice

I think I am going to puke.

>the nicks on the d6s are in the same place which implies they’re mass produced.
Same place on the cube, yes, but they're on opposite sides of the die considering the lettering on one of the cubes is reversed an the other isn't.

I've always kept an eye out for a black-on-white or white-on-black set whenever I've gone to a brick-and-mortar, but so far no dice.
Which is true, I didn't just say this because of the pun.

Make way for the best.

How about you try using a copper dice like a cultured person?

It's certainly easier to read.

Talking about dice, why are TTRPG dice never rounded like standard d6s?

>metal dice
Nah, I'm good without gouging the fuck outta the wood I roll on.

>It's certainly easier to read.
I have terrible vision and that's the main reason I use only red/black dice with white lettering.
I have a friend who uses purple-silver swirly dice with dull gold pips and I can't read the worth a fucking damn. Unless I can bend over and get within a foot of the fuckers I just ask him what he rolled.

artisandice.com/

send me some please, I'm poor

>Want a nice set of blue dice
>find the best looking pair without it being a random amassment of colors thrown up onto the dice
>200 fucking dollars

Now that i'm looking at it again the d6 looks weird with no points on it.

Where do i buy a good set of blue dice?

>why are TTRPG dice never rounded like standard d6s?
Not really needed probably. Normal d6 are rounded to make them roll better but most TTRPGs use dice that already semi-rounded simply on account of them having more sides than a d6.
I mean, you wouldn't need to round a d20, it's already pretty god damn round as it is. It rolls well enough with sharp corners; if you were to round it any more it would probably roll for longer than necessary and it would just make rolling needlessly tedious.

Thanks bro

>Where do i buy a good set of blue dice?
If want metal and you know any machinists just ask them to mill you a set. Basic geometric shapes are really easy to mill and wouldn't be too expensive if you used cheap-o metal like aluminum.
Then just stain/blue them yourself.

If you want toptier aesthetics, you have to be in it for the long haul.

My local game store has the full ROYGBIV with white numbering for like $4 a set (I’m in S. Carolina where everything is dirt cheap though).

Just keep your eye peeled

Yeah, but what about d8s and d4s especially? They don't roll for shit.

>Basic bitch metal while amber dice exist
Kek

Pretty sure they ran out of the mammoth ivory a while back, shit was like $250 for a single d20

>(I’m in S. Carolina where everything is dirt cheap though)
That explains it. I live on Long Island. Its become a trash heap, and an expensive one at that.

Not to mention the increase of MS-13 slayings around here. I'm not even sure why family is still around.

>d4
Barrel d4's exist specifically for this reason. Caltrop d4s are turboshit, rounded or not
>d8
I've never really had much trouble with d8's. They just roll like d10s to me and those are fine enough.

*squints*

You sure this is a legit amber, not a plastic or molten amber-like substance?

Don't see why a company that uses legit mammoth ivory would use fake amber.

No idea. It's just looks a bit off. And, while I am no expert, I am aware how locals like to sell fake amber to foreigners.

>not keeping obsessive track of all the dice you possess
Pleb.

Who knew the most metal dice ever would be one not actually made of metal.

>tfw I’m a machinist in this big auto parts manufacturing plant and it’s never occurred to me
You’re probably going to get me fired, user, but I’m going to make me a set today. gonna try to make them Cheat dice too

Then buy a real man's dice.

>not having dice carved out of extinct wooly mammoth ivory dug out of the ice

>Clear higher than White
>Something gimmicky like ”Glow” being higher than anything

Hey, it's just more experience you're getting on the job with company equipment. As long as you're providing the materials to work on yourself and you're doing it when both you and the machine are unoccupied I don't see the problem with it.
You're just honing your skills so you can do better on the next job your boss gives you after all - the dice are secondary.

I have a multi-shotglass pourer that was 3d printed back when 3d printing was new. Came from a Department of Energy lab.
Considering the prices they charge per hour and how long it took to print, a simple piece of plastic with a few holes in it would have been worth 5 digits easy according to my sources. It was just a practice piece though so it's worth nothing (it doesn't really even work all that well), but it's still interesting.

>Just trust us—this is real depleted uranium! Look here’s a sheet for comparison (trust us the sheet is uranium)!
No papers, no sale when you trade in high value art.

Also I don’t want to become sterile because some ignoramous didn’t or couldn’t determine its fully depleted.

"The item above is a pair of (seemingly unique) dice made out of depleted uranium from an early nuclear pile. They are covered by nickel. This is a display at the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Health Physics Historical Instrumentation Museum Collection, whose purpose is to chronicle the scientific and commercial history of radioactivity and radiation. The museum is the official repository for historical radiological instruments and historical collections related to the use of radiation and radiological medicine in the United States (mostly). You can visit their website HERE, and I assure you it is worth a visit!"

orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer products/dudice.htm

Oh, that’s pretty cool then, user

Mine are grey with yellow dots

4th had mixed colours, my d20 was orange I think?

>grey and yellow
I want Iron Warrions to LEAVE.

Nice.

I agree

Not defining the Y axis is pretty horrible

I love my friends metal dice, but it's so fucking obnoxious every time he rolls. Especially on glass (also rude to the guy who owns the table he's scratching)

It's a museum, I'm guessing they're not selling.

usually I use 3 sets, red, black, and yellow but tbqh senpai the yellow with black numbers is my fave

fuck all clear dice

I use black dice when I'm GM'ing.

With that small ass amount of data yes but with a non-retarded amount they are the best.

>clear that high
>even above white
jesus fucking christ

Nice thermal conductivity. I'll be over here with my structural boys.

Cast iron master race. Got a set of D6 and polyhedral.
I love the patina on them but I'm petrified of rolling them anywhere but my dice box

>Using matching sets of dice instead of different colors of dice for different types of rolls.
>Not using the mottled orange-yellow die with red numbers to cast fire magic.
>Not using specific dice sets for specific characters to establish a color scheme.
I mean, if you like not having fun with your dot cubes.

>Not rolling milled meteorite to invoke the power of of the cosmos.
What are you, poorfags?

Are you saying those are actually dice made from meteorites?

>He doesn't use palladium dice

Patrician tier:
Wood dice

Patrician, but impractical tier:
Non-gem stone dice
Bone dice
other unlisted natural materials

Good tier:
Plastic dice

Tacky faggot tier:
Gemstone dice

Tablescratcher tier:
Metal dice

Sure are.
snip dot li /1tZR

>2017
>not making dice out of meteoric iron
It's like you don't want the gods to guide your rolls.

Men of taste.

Where are all the people who use blue dice and how come I've never met them?

>Not even moldevite
Pleb

>Rolling dice that look like they're made of snot
Nurgle pls.

>not using the superior material

Get some eyes inside your brain