>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=plUPJ0inN4c

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=plUPJ0inN4c
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/29/top-tactics-next-years-lvo-nov-28gw-homepage-post-3/
games-workshop.com/en-US/Terminus-Ultra-upgrade-pack-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>when your autistic brother tries to show off infront of all the rest of the family
Man sanguinius looks so fucking just annoyed in that picture

Post pics of your last game

Every once in a while until you like it.

I hate that Im forced to use Ghaz because hes better than a mega warboss in every conceivable way

>Not "Be Somebody"

>Duncans Playlist
>youtube.com/watch?v=plUPJ0inN4c
I hear tell this guy now plays AoS anyway.

that channel sucks my dick, I was happy for the first time in a long time when this wasn't posted for a while and I didn't have to look at this cock's hairy knob

What the fuck am i watching?

Fucking kek

Those are some big boyz

I took pics but I told the guy I wouldn't show them. So imagine multiple Bullgryn squads and multiple Primaris Psykers chasing around and beating up Immortal squads while Leman Russes flail around in the background missing and failing.

>Confederate Ork

But I already like it, they're one of the better 40k youtube channels.

Good some good answers on the melee weapons, think i am going with axes.

What about powers? I think delightful agonies is a must, but then the question is prescience or warp time

Really? That's funny.

I seriously don't get that. Writing rules for 8e units that already have both 7e rules and a clear and obvious framework for converting them is in no way hard. Turning my vague points costs into something more reasonable would take something like, oh, I don't know, a spreadsheet of all the units and options and their point/damage effectiveness ratio against common statlines, some basic mathematics and a couple playtest games per unit with maybe two dozen people reading the rules carefully to check the more complicated interactions out for broken combos and bugs. If you've written something really complicated like the 7e Mechanicum Lord of War box, shove it up on the community site and have the internet go over it for you, then amend any interactions they start arguing about. We get free leaks of cool stuff, you get free testing.

Chart user did the maths for the ENTIRE GAME in what, two months? This can't be that time-consuming for even a small studio of professionals.
If it's taken them a year and a half to write some lore or for some reason they decided to rewrite all of it after seeing the first bits of Gathering Storm I have no idea what they're smoking over there.

Prescience, so you can shoot your plasma.

Your terminators aren't melee monsters but plasma is.

Xth for editing battlescribe files yourself to fix mistakes and adjust point costs from CA

it isnt hard people

Would you accept this as an Counts As Imperial Knight in an AdMech army?

If I am grabbing prescience, should I drop the lord with the reroll aura?

>no fun allowed
>just straight up griping about naughty geedubs doing jew things and mean essjaydubs ruining everything all the time, all day long

cant wait for the friday blood angel codex batrep, stay salty scrub.

This, nice illustration.

No

>supposed to have a massive game tonight, been looking forward to it all week
>Other friend shows up when I do
>"Hey user, I dont have anyone to playw ith so can we do double? please please please?"
>"Yeah user, we cant both do double and my friend can join in too!"
>O-Ok, sure...
>My friend just wanted to show off all his painted characters in a game so he puts down two commissars, three priests, three primaris psykers and three squads of converted crusaders
>he has so many units we have no chance to take first turn
>I brought useful units so they use their turn 1 to alpha strike me off the board
>spend the next two hours watching other people play
>cant even pack up and leave because I still have a few understrength units on the table
I would but in the end it wasn't a game worth taking pictures of.
Help me Veeky Forums, my friends are fucking CAACfags and I'm really lonely and pathetic

Been doing it all day, got my armies set up with new point costs.

Not necessarily, he's a source of combi-weapons and rerolling 1s is still good.

With prescience and a lord, you are hitting on2s rerolling 1s with 40 overcharged plasma shots which can't kill you.

That's like 39 hits.

Well fuck you.

>That moment when painting your models where they look worse then when they were primed.

I hate it so much.
It'll look good when its done but Damn if I don't hate this part.

depends how many skulls and purity seals you attach to it

You show me a size comparison with one and I'll give you an answer.

Not necessarily. A -1 to hit debuff might still fuck your plasma dudes.

Finally a model that represents me.

So even with the prescience + reroll, you only fire plasma, not both profiles right?

If it was the right size and skull'd up a bit.

Your friends army sounds awesome to fight. What did you bring?

>Not necessarily. A -1 to hit debuff might still fuck your plasma dudes.
I hadn't thought of that.

I may as well put a melta/fist on the lord then. He can deal with stuff bigger than the terminators

No, at least make decent conversion that looks like REX you lazy ass.

Right, because if you fire both you get the -1 to hit which is shit for you.

Why not chuck in Veterans of the Long War in there too?

I only have this issue on the fucking Space Marine heads. Trying to paint the fucking lenses in the way daddy duncan taught me with White and then some Waywatchers green. Then i fuck up some other part of the paint job with the white. then i fix that and then i fuck up the white slightly. Then it just becomes a blob of white and red.

I usually do. 3CP for 40 shots, usually wounding on twos is pretty good.

I seem to have a bad time getting the prescience off though

It's good proof that you're gitting gud though. Because this in-betweeny awful step only becomes apparent when you're at a certain skill level.

Watching those Brets melt reminds me of Sister Nisa and Sister Maria.

Yeah, that can suck.

I wouldn't say I'm skilled, this is just a part where I have pure white 'highlights' that are going to be silver later but just look bad right now

Remember that Prescience can be cast from 18" away.

You can reasonably port your sorcerer 15" away and you'd be able to cast prescience without chance of a deny.

It's actually getting the 8 that is the real issue.

Even with a CP I only get it about 50% of the time

Looks like Bobby is crowning Sanguinius the heavyweight champion of the Imperium here.

Two big squads of devastators with a predator and three 5 man squads of close combat tacticals with a captain and libby.

The devistators and predator got removed before my first turn leaving the tacticals to slowly walk towards an unblemished gunline.

>8
You need a 7 user.

Maybe a Supremacy Armour with railgun and cluster rockets.

Those are Dark Elves, were there Bretts in there?

well butter my biscuit

I have no idea why I thought it was an 8

Yeah, it's risk/reward. It's one of the best powers in the game IF it goes off, but that warp charge of 8 makes it unlikely for it to happen.

captcha: Fattoria Milano

How do I achieve this distinctive, gritty looking paintjob? Is it because FW models are resin? Are the colours that FW sells different from the standard ones? Or is it just a special technique? Help out a pup, brehs!

I looked it up just to check, its a 7.

Gun to my head I thought it was an 8

I saw some High Elves cavalry, which is why I never found this whole thing sad at all.

Help me, anons.
I feel a mood coming along. I want to buy a second Land Raider for my Grey Knights

How fucked am I?

Looks fun, who were you fighting? How'd it turn out?

apply random thin silver lines everywhere, concentrate where it'd naturally chip

It's been a long time, I thought he melted OoP Brets. Are HECav OoP as well?

Still only a 50% chance of succeeding, which makes it risky to pull off.

Gulliman killed half my Orks by himself, but goddammit I killed him in the end.

They already had a batrep with the new BA codex versus Mechanicus. GW sends them the codexes early.

The Dragon Princes? Nah, they're their own sub-faction now. Silver Helms though, yeah, they're OOP, and good riddance because those sculpts were hideously dated.

Very. I barely use my single LR for my GK as it is.

You can spend a CP to reroll a dice.

Nothing to do with resin or paints. Just use a very small brush or toothpick to apply those chipped armour effects.

it's like he started painting guilliman but gave up halfway through all the gold trim

I don't remember much about Fantasy outside of rat and lizard stuff, and even then...

I think that a friend of mine had Chaos Dwaves.

Sons of Horus have such a cool scheme. I think they just did freehand chipping like the others said on these btw.

It's got three colors on it, tourny legal.

pretty fucked but do it anyway m8, dont forget that the new terminus ultra pack is out soon so you could make them a superheavy if you wanted to

gay

Looks like shit anyhow

I've never faced a primarch in a game before vut I must imagine it feels satisfying to flood one in a wave of boyz.

Nah they weren't using the codex in that.

Obviously. But if you're investing hundreds upon hundreds of points into 10 Terminators with Combi-Plasma, odds are you won't have many high-Command Point-yield detachments. And if you're already going to use 2 Command Points on Endless Cacophony, you don't really want to waste a third on the reroll for your psychic power.

I should ask that question of you, since I got one and am turning it into a Knight. The railgun is getting turned into a turbo-laser (battle cannon rules, if FW doesn't give us one with a neutron laser or something), the radar dish will be of a cruder Imperial design (if only the primaris rhino was a regular kit, I could get an aquila dish...), the dick laser will be a heavy flamer, a pair of big miniguns on the head as the gatling cannon, etc. Lots of additional Imperial bits here and there.

Still don't know whether to use the knee missiles as the krak missile battery or the back missiles as the long range barrage missiles. Nor where to mount the two heavy stubbers. I'm guessing the head, next to the miniguns, unless I can figure out a way to make like little defensive turrets somewhere. Or maybe mount machine gun muzzles on the knees as the stubbers and have the barrage missiles on the back...

Yeah, but the Terminus Ultra is Ultra-Marines-only, so it would need to go in a separate detachment.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/29/top-tactics-next-years-lvo-nov-28gw-homepage-post-3/

I here, successful WAACs tell you basic tactics for which they already have counters so you job better against them while trying to copy

Nth for Dreadknights aren't actually that bad a model considering their fluff purposes.

Forgeworld also sometimes use weathering powders to add dust effects to their minis. If you have a particularly dusty base theme it can help if you do light powder effects on the lower third of each miniature.

He's still pretty new so he's in the process of getting stuff painted.

>new terminus ultra pack is out soon
Source? I'll probably magnetize the doors and weapons anyway so I can switch between Godhammer/Crusader.
>tfw GKs probably wont get acsess to it, though.

not like GK use their detachment limit anyway right? :(

Why not?

you spend 6 command points for two turns of superior shooting, by turn three the game is usually over anyway so what else are you using it on?

Go look on the webstore

That's an all or nothing tactic of course he wants to blow all his cp on making it work before they all get killed since he loses anyway if it doesn't.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Terminus-Ultra-upgrade-pack-2017

I run 2 battalions for 9CP.

I usually burn 3CP per turn for VotLW and endless dakka.

Was wondering. If you had to describe your army's playstyle, how would you go about it? The army in general, not just your list.

Because there's a few armies with very marked strengths and weaknesses, like Harlequins (primarily melee army with tons of very fast and choppy but expensive and frail infantry) or Death Guard (tough and slow with consistent short-mid-range damage), but there's a lot that either don't really have one or fall apart under scrutiny. Like sure, Marines are jacks-of-all-trades with a bent towards elite MSU. But then you have Tyranids, which are melee unless you build them shooty and horde unless you go nidzilla and have high S and T with poor AP and saves until they don't. AdMech are shooty but also choppy and kinda tough but not? T'au have no melee or psychic so they're kinda sorta mobile and shooty with a focus on synergy and elites unless you run them as static gunlines.

So anyway how would you describe your army's playstyle?

>At most 30 marines
>Huge game

Your list sounds boring af, too.

They just look so fucking flimsy. And those shoulder-pistons are crazy weakpoints

Well, you will probably have 6 Command Points. The normal idea is to use Endless Cacophony and Veterans of the Long War to make the Combi-Plasmas into rape trains. That uses up your 6 Command Points. So, effectively, each Prescience cast you need a reroll for is a turn of losing the +1 To Wound.

Original EC termyfag here.

As I said here I run 9CP

it was 37 marines but still, I was planning to bring more but I had to unexpectantly cut it in half.
Sorry.

What does Veeky Forums think of this 500 point (4CP) Inquisiton soup list?

Vanguard Detachment (+1 CP)
HQ:
*Inquisitor Greyfax (85 points)
*Psyker Inquisitor w/Combi-Plasma, Power Maul (74 points)
Elites:
*1x Acolyte w/Combi-Plasma 5x Acolytes w/Bolters (63 points)
*1x Acolyte w/Combi-Plasma 5x Acolytes w/Bolters (63 points)
*1x Acolyte w/Storm Bolter 5x Acolytes w/Bolters (50 points)

Unbound Army (GK)
Elites:
*3x Paladins w/Warding Staves (165p)