I made a thing

mediafire.com/folder/jawh769htt13o/Workbook

I've posted it while it was a WIP but I don't believe I made a thread once it was finished. There are some things that could be improved but overall I think it's good enough for what it's designed for.

The idea is you fill out each page (or skip irrelevant ones, do the same one multiple times as needed, etc.) to plan a character, setting, and campaign. Not everything will apply to your situation but the goal is to get you thinking of things you may not have. What laws exist in this region? That sort of thing. Maybe it doesn't matter so you just skip it. Or maybe you say, "oh yea, that's a good question."

These might also serve is handouts for players. And you can fill out the same page
a few times- like the Region one you might want to do for each country. That's why I split the form-fillable pdf into multiples, so you can just save the file over and over if you need. The printable pdf has lines to write on. Otherwise they should be identical.

Let me know if you want anything added.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/jawh769htt13o/Workbook
twitter.com/AnonBabble

neato

Ya thanks man, couldn't have done it without Veeky Forums

I'll check it out once I get home.

>mediafire.com/folder/jawh769htt13o/Workbook
Woah, pretty spiffy user.

C-can you do me a favor? I'm a sort-of-writer and I would love something like this scaled down for planning stories, but it's a little much to work through for what I need. Honestly, I'd use it every day.

Sure. Can you give me a break down of some of the stuff you'd like? This is obviously catered towards trpg players and gms but I think a writing workbook sounds super useful.

Hey, thanks for making this thing

Thanks for making the thing, user.
You did good.

DLd it now. Great work, OP.

Let me know if you see any errors, forms are hard

In the character questionnaire I'd personally either drop or rephrase the question "when did your path change from that of a normal person to a player character?"
It's just way too DnD-specific as it is to be of any use in other systems.

The "What foods do you diskike?", "When were you born?" and "Who was your first kiss?" form fields should all be lowered a bit.

That's true, but I was trying to think of questions to prompt the aspects of a backstory- when did you awaken? When did you decide to become an adventurer? Etc. I'll think about changing it though, thanks.

Thanks, forms are hard

So it's basically like a worldbuilding checklist?
Nice, I like it

This is really neat. I am in the process of creating a setting and I was stuck at organizing phase. Your forms give me a great place to start by planning things out.

My only advice is to maybe add a from about magic, what it is, how it is used in the world and to what degree it is used. That sort of thing.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do this.

handy

Oh that's a good one,I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you.

You got anything for the general tone of the story and "rules of the universe"?

There's a line for Tone in the Story Outline, and there are pages for 'notes' which could really hold anything like that. But there's nothing specifically for the rules of the universe, actually. I'll write that down, thanks.

Sweet