>Trove (Xanathar's PDF included)
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
What foods does your party eat?
Do you go to restaurants and inns, or hunt and gather?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPAKhrhZ3Zg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zone of truth is such a bad idea for a spell.

>the numbers on that dice
It's not that hard to look at an actual dice

I get the umbrella and the bible, but what is the fire axe referencing?

Magnus was an axe man, wasn't he? I know he had the wood chopping one.

My party has a local pub that we frequent to pick up odd jobs, eat, sleep, drink and have conversations (group is pretty RP heavy).

But real talk, just looking at that burger makes me feel ill. At least put some some lettuce in it or something.

Has anyone ever made a homebrew for a class based on Paul Muad'dib/the Bene Gesserit?
There was one that a guy made for 3.5 on GitP some years ago and I'd love to play one in 5e.

How much refluffing do you usually allow? I have a pair of Bards that want to do stage magic and sketch respectively as their style of performance.

we are in a dwarven city so we had bat and goat cheese

How do you find a group of well-adjusted, yet dedicated kind of people to play with guys? I don't want to play the cuck ass Adventures League or whatever that goes around near my city where they baby my ass with small encounters and dare not harm me or my party.

>burger
Arby's does roast beef sandwiches, that specific one looks to be roast beef, turkey, cheese, fried onions, bacon.

>planning to roll up a NG goblin fighter that ended up living with humans due to misadventure
>campaign is going to kick off with classic goblin hunting
I plan to try to capture enemies/force them to surrender when possible, to minimize loss of goblin life, and curry favor with gods of good whenever possible because I'm still fucking terrified of having my soul taken by Maglubiyet, but how else should I try to play up my goodness, given that I'm going to be wearing a cloak most of the time due to specieism being a thing?

People actually like lettuce on burgers?

I'm pretty sure you want the mystic.

And tomatoes, but I don't tolerate pickles or onions.
Pickles are for chicken sandwiches, not hamburgers.

Of course, user. It complements the tomato.

>not liking veggies on burgers

If you're talking about the shitty watery iceberg crap most fast food joints use then yeah, I'll give you that.

The only acceptable burger toppings are cheese and grilled onions.

Lettuce, Beetroot, Cucumber, Avocado, Tomato...

Vegetables are amazing well some of those are fruit but y'know

>shredded, frozen and thawed iceberg that's been sitting for days
And people wonder why kids hate vegetables.

maybe they did

The only acceptable burger toppings are beef patty and more beef patty.

I hear talk that the mystic is busted, can anyone tell me how?

It's a spindown counter for M:tG. You use it to track your life pool, and it being a normal sequence like that is to let you use it faster.
People are paranoid about it being easy to cheat with when used as a d20 if you practice enough, but it'll usually be pretty obvious that that's happening. Or at least, obvious that it's not happening.

The real potential for things to go screwy is that if there's a defect in the die the clustered range will exaggerate that. The 'normal' die face distribution is part of why it very rarely matters if dice are imperfect.

>avocado
I would put grilled pineapple on before that you meme fuck.

you have 5 seconds to tell me the spookiest scariest class/subclass or else I'll be sad and cry

>onions.
Shit taste. Onions are lovely on meat, especially grilled onions.

Also reminder that if you eat huge iceberg lettuce on your burgers you and the place you get your burger from are barbaric disgusting degenerates. It's 2017, your burger should have shredded lettuce mixed with mayo.

Take away the proficiency in musical instruments and give them slight of hand/ Calligrapher or Painter artisan tools instead

Then just come up with an arcane focus that fits their skills - wand & rod refluffed as magic pencil.

step up, senpai

Stop tainting your burgs with that congealed cum.

I don't get the reference; I'm not as hip as Steve Rogers.

Look at that little afterthought of a patty. It's practically only there as an obligation.

/5eg/ - Burgers General

Why ask the question when you already know the answer. Tieflingthe game

The mystic, class itself, is actually a pretty decent skeleton. The archetypes are janky and don't actually synergize with their "schools" in any way, several of the disciplines are fucking terribly, Nomadic Mind being the single worst designed thing ever in 5e. They are too versatile early on, and some cheese builds are also too powerful, but they stop scaling at 10 entirely, and feel like a half completed class, despite being bloated.
IF you work closely with your DM and choose flavorful disciplines, and nerf some of the versatility, it can work, but don't ever let a power gamer or stranger touch it.
Simple fixes that make it mostly playable
>Ban nomadic mind
>Archetypes provide 1 discipline at 1, not 2
>can't change archetype disciplines on level up
>PP limit per turn, and not per manifestation
Personally i also wanted to try combining the last with removing that limitation at 14 or so, so they felt like they scaled, but haven't tried it.

What sort of cheese do you feel is acceptable, /5eg/?

I got lucky and all my friends like DnD. I also introduced a bunch of people I work with to DnD and they all love it. Normies actually play DnD really well, they play to their characters really well since they dont give a fuck about powergaming or being a special snowflake.

> Burger

Its a roast beef sandwich.

Asking in the new thread now.

Could a Kensai Monk work with the martial adept feat? Or is it better to just take 3 levels of figghter?

>Watching the Unexpectables
>The shithead Gaijingoomba is getting fucking destroyed after wasting everyone's time for half an hour because HE wanted attention

Nothing tastes better than watching a shitty Rogue get fucked over

Oh, i forgot
>changing focus requires 10 minutes of concentration
Doing that puts focus bonuses more on par with rituals, instead of being, essentially, an always on bonus. It's super silly that the current version lets you change them mid conversation, RP scene, or puzzle.

Sorclocks, unless they're Hexblades. Wish/simulacrum shenanigans are right out, though.

This, this so much. I'm not sure why autists complain and screech so much.

Normal sized patty senpai, the buns are just huge

I'm partial to Havarti, but i'm a grocery store pleb.

>Or is it better to just take 3 levels of figghter?

Yes. 100 times yes.
You get a Fighting Style, Action Surge, Superiority Dice, and a 1d10+3 heal to boot.

Extra sharp cheddar, goat, gorgonzola, and monterrey jack

Listen cucks. Here is the perfect burger.

Hawaiian Bread
Shredded lettuce
Fried Egg
Beef that is not shit tier premade frozen discs
Grilled onions
Grilled mushrooms
Spicy sauce mixed in

The most degenerate, and you should really consider drinking bleach if you do this, is putting pineapple on a burger. May the God-Emperor strike you down if you do this.

Cheese is disgusting even on pizza.

Currently a 3rd level kensai monk with the martial feat. 10/10 dont take distracting strike in case your party drops 2 players......

Who now?

I'm all about that pineapple pizza life, but I'll put a bullet in my own mother before putting it on a burger.

Normies are okay, wouldn't say they play the characters well. My small gripe with normies is that they don't really delve in to the narrative or characters; it's more like a beer hangout and they'll crack jokes and stuff even in serious situations.

Definitely better than autsitic powergamers which I agree with.

What maneuvers would be worth using on a Kensei Monk?

I mostly agree, but let me tweak it a bit
Hawaiian Bread -> Potato Bread or Sourdough
Shredded Lettuce -> Greenleaf
Grilled Onions -> Fried Onions
Spicy Sauce -> Chipotle Mayo
and add some bleu cheese crumbles

You mean that goomba got back guy? Did he not flee the internet in shame?

Making a hexblade tiefling with the criminal background and some strong boogeyman/executioner/halloween vibes. What are some tips for this build. I'm thinking about grabbing book of shadows for a raven familiar and some ritual spookiness. What else can I dig into?

user, pineapple and bbq on burgers is fucking delicious every once in a while. even better if it's spicy, too

Are you HYPED?

Why do the samurai and the XGE monk subclasses suck so much perineum?

Bagel
Fried Onions
Fried Egg
Melted Cheese, Sharp Cheddar
Beef patty
Non-melted cheese, covers hole for grease, Havarti
Mayo+Hot sauce of choice mixture.

DnD Stream/Podcast down by one of the guys behind TeamFourStar

For some insane reason, they included Gaijingoomba, the guy behind THIS video
youtube.com/watch?v=gPAKhrhZ3Zg

He's plays the most obnoxious Rogue who is so desperate for attention that he's constantly trying to hijack scenes because he's the least interesting of the 4 players (now 5, with a new guy playing the same race as him who is MORE interesting) he got sneak attacked, and then rather using critical logic in which the DM literally rolled multiple initiative dice with their character and ran away FROM THE GROUP right into another enemy that was hidden like a total retard

Nope. He's still on.

Samurai is boring. Wouldn't say it sucks.

Samurai got overnerfed, but its level 15 is still awesome. It's unfortunate, but at least they kept their most unique feature.

The song was fine, but not really

Why be a hexblade if you're not using the blade pact?

I was thinking disarming attack & parry but I'm sure there are better options.

That's good to hear, if you mind me asking what maneuvers did you take?

The features turn you into a better eldritch turret than any other patron.

That may be true, but that still begs the question: why be a warlock that derives his power from a magical sentient weapon and not fight with a magical sentient weapon?

Take Darkness, Devil Sight, dip two levels in Rouge for expertise in the Sneak skill and Cunning Action, and grab the Actor feat.
>Darkness that you can see in
>attack with Sneak Attack, digging into your victim's weak spots
>Actor to cry out in a completely different voice from someone that your victim knows
>or even the pleas of those you've killed
>Cunning Action to bonus action Hide as your maniacal laughter trails off...

not that user, but Commander's Strike is unusually good on a monk. Your attacks do less damage per hit than most battlemasters, so sacrificing one of your attacks, particularly if you already successfully stunned a target, for your ally to whack an enemy is pretty great. As always, its best with a rogue or paladin ally.

Got offered a spot in a 5th ed homebrew world based on the tarot cards. Thinking of playing a warlock with the pact of the blades (being a whip of chains) and the fiend. Basically Ghost Rider. Any suggestions? (Ill reflavour the pacts and patron abilities a little and DM seems cool with it)

Which features of the Hexblade would you guys take out to make it less loaded? The Cha modifer? The medium armor + shield + martial weapons?

I personally feel like moving removing martial weapon proficiency altogether, medium armor and shield come in to play at level 3 just like a Valor Bard would. Maybe give longsword proficiency at least.

I would remove that SAD shitty Cha modifier altogether.

don't forget Mask of Many Faces
in conjunction with Actor it lets you get away with any crime and impersonate anyone

You never are anyway? Hexblade doesn't give you a sentient magic weapon any more than Fiend gives you a demon/devil pal in your party.
As for flavor, you could be gathering power for your patron to make weapons, you could be trying to free a weapon like Frostmourne/Ner'Zhul, you could be gathering materials to create the ULTIMATE BLADE with your patron. It could be fucking anything.

Oi nah, fuck off

git

Ask if you can refluff Hunger of Hadar to create a cloud of ash and flame, replacing cold/acid with fire/necrotic.
Oh and try see if he'll let you pick up Find Steed or a figurine of wonderous power and pick up a flaming horse.

I took distracting strike and parry as well. Parry is nice, especially at lower levels because its a consistent d6. But at level 3 negate avg. 4 + 3 not bad desu. However if if only playing between 3.... dont take distracting strike because there are far better maneuvers.

Disarming Strike could be good if your DM uses a lot of weapon using enemies. Parry might be cool but Kensei specifically has an ability that lets them increase their AC and they don't have to burn a resource to do it.

Precision is always good but I don't think it's worth a feat that doesn't scale and you can only do once per short rest. Same with Tripping attack, which is better on a Monk since you can't trip reliably outside of Open Hand.

If only it didn't take an action to disguise yourself. Imagine being in a sphere of total darkness, interrupted only by the faces and voices of your loved ones springing out at you to stab you in the back before melting back into the darkness and the maniacal laughter of the devil you pissed off.
Now THAT's spooky.

You become forever dm

Brilliant! They said they are really easy going with the backstory as long as it not ridiculous and as long as its balanced so im sure they wont mind. Was also thinking of reflavouring "hurl through hell" to the penance stare but maybe that was too cliche

No wait I've got it: Riposte. You use your reaction to make an extra attack if someone misses you. Monks don't typically use their reaction and they get bonus action Dodge. Would be very nice for a Monk IMO.

Drunken Master sounds pretty fun. Samurai seems nifty. More concerned that people would dip samurai because their major ability is right at the beginning

Hawaiian roll
Grilled mushrooms
Red onion
Beef patty (medium rare or rare)
Motherfucking cream cheese
Optional pickles

Favorite bar in college used to make them. Must've ordered two dozen of those glorious bastards, only ever finished it in one sitting once.

pickles
garlic mayo
chunky peanut butter

Not gonna lie it was really fuckin good.

Hawaiian Bread
Beef "Patty" infused with Newman's Own Queso(medium) and formed around a chunk of pepperjack cheese
Topped with Sharp Cheddar
Steamed slowly in freshcut onions
Fresh ripped lettuce leaf
Tomato slices
Previous Onions
Thousand Island Dressing

sounds worth a try desu

Sourdough
Chopped Fresh Onion
Good burger meat
Frisco Sauce
Swiss Cheese

HERE'S THE BEST BURGER YOU CAN MAKE, IN THIS ORDER:
Whole Weat Buns
Shredded dryad frond lettuce
Sliced baphomet cheese
A slice of detoxxed mandrake root
Breaded roc meat patty

Choice of sauces between ranch dressing and mustard

Huh, he has it open to the page with vorpal swords. Wonder if he keeps the SNICKERSNACK from earlier editions.

>ranch dressing
>on a burger
You will BURN, HERETIC!

Unearthed Arcana: Food and Provisions when?

Why do swords get all the unique abilities while other weapon types are just +1 or warning?

because heroes love swords, bro. That said, I usually like to take a Sword of _____ and turn it into any other weapon that seems suitable.

the best burger is a patty melt, and anybody who says differently is clearly a worshipper of Tiamat

>Dwarven Thrower
>Wand of Orcus
>Axe of the Dwarvish Lords
>Trident of Fish Control
>Whelm
>Wave
Even if you exclude the legendary specific weapons, there are a handful.

Make that a Frisco Melt and we may have come to an agreement here.

will it include recipes

With bacon fat as the toasting agent.