So Veeky Forums, I gave up my collection today

So Veeky Forums, I gave up my collection today.
It's likely almost two thousand dollars worth of 40k Orks, and a few historic models. Also some stuff from Dark Haven, for D&D.
My historics are Napoleonic Hussars, English Civil War Cuirassiers, and some Teutonic Knights. Also my small collection of paints. And bits boxes, assorted Ork bits mostly.

I started painting and collecting more than ten years ago. But I stopped about eight. I tried rekindling my love for it about five years ago. I bought a desk lamp and a magnifying glass to do it. But I just never got back into it.

I want to do it again. I want to collect minis at some time, and paint them. I will likely come back to this hobby again.
But until then, I hope someone enjoys them. I'm going to check back every day for a week, see what's taken.

I don't want to know who I hand it off to. I might form a connection with them. I might try to get them back some way.
Mostly this is about getting rid of useless space. Things I don't have time for in my life.

Right now I spend a lot of time practicing martial arts. HEMA, specifically. I teach a class. I am also working full time and getting ready to go to school again. Going to play the long game. Get the house, family, going.

Once I'm at that stage, I imagine I can slow down a little and do painting again.
But until then, I want to have that extra space in my tiny apartment.

I'm posting this blog up because no one I know is awake, at least no one who would care. So I want to talk to other fa/tg/uys.
Veeky Forums is my home board. And I haven't been around much lately. I want to get back into tabletop RPGs. But I have a lot going on, and I don't know about drop-in games.

Maybe I'll see you folks around soon. I have been lurking the board more. I'd like to get into some games again.

Your a fag.

That's really sad

Actually paint pls

Give me. free stoof plox

Okay, but why just give it away. If it's worth something (it is), then sell it.

it wouldn't feel right selling it off.

Well I can safely say you're a dumbfuck.

You do you user. Good luck and all.

I hope that when you'll get back to crumpin` we'll have a decent codex.

Thanks for the blog.

I pretended to be cool and hid my power level for years at my HEMA group. Now we're getting on in years we play Warhammer and RPGs all the time. Within a few decades we'll be decrepidly looking back and laughing how we used to be a fencing club.

Other than that blurry photo of a box of trash was there anything good you got rid of? Any old RPG books?

I'm keeping the RPG books because they make useful monitor stands.
Everyone knows I'm a massive nerd, so I'm not hiding anything to keep up appearances.
Yeah, I hope we get a cool codex in the future. That's not the reason I stopped painting my Orks. But it would be really cool to have a fun army list.

>Right now I spend a lot of time practicing martial arts. HEMA, specifically.
Congratulations, you managed to trade us for even more autistic hobby - I didn't even think that was possible

>Get the family
Why?

You realize you can drop a hobby for a while without abandoning literally every piece of it you've ever owned

The things you own wind up owning you.
I've always wanted some children of my own. I figure I can raise up a good crop of humanity to continue my work of making the world better.

>hema
Nice, I'm holding a rapier right now

>Abandoning a make believe game to play make believe sword fighting.
I guess?

HEMA fags are pretty faggy though. But hey that's your choice my man.
If you're in america you could do a real martial art like wrestling, boxing or jiu-jitsu with combat athletes but you picked fake sword fighting with nerds.
Seems counter-productive.

>The things you own wind up owning you.
This is the sort of thing retards repeat without thinking about because it sounds nice.

I quit tabletop gaming for nearly 5 years and drifted back in. Just box the stuff up and attic it or basement or closet or whatever the fuck.

Nice. We've got a Rapierist starting school in my town next semester. He's coming here even though we're Longsword because we're the only blokes in town.
I'm sorry that you feel that way about HEMA. But you're wrong about learning "real" martial arts. No martial art is "real" if you ask a hundred martial artists.
If you don't understand the concept, that's fine. But the more stuff you pick up and do over the years, the more things get shoved in the back of your storage space. Nicknacks get left out on the TV stand to remind you of that one time.
None of that stuff matters. If it did, you wouldn't leave old sports gear in the back of the attic where it won't be used. You wouldn't leave that dirtbike in the shed for years saying you'll get around to cleaning the carb.
Then you sell that stuff or give it away and feel happy knowing that someone else will use it, and enjoy it.
That's kind of where I'm at. I'd rather someone else enjoy mini painting with the stuff I bought, than for me to let it sit.
That's what I did with the stuff. But I suspect I'll be back eventually, and by then, there'll be better models to paint. March of progress and all that. And once I get back, I don't know if I'll want to go back to painting my old minis.

And so, giving them away lets me be open to painting a new collection.
Oh, someone took everything this morning. Except for my Ork/Space Marine set. But I suspect that won't be around long either.

>I'm sorry that you feel that way about HEMA. But you're wrong about learning "real" martial arts. No martial art is "real" if you ask a hundred martial artists.
lmao

Imagine being such a nerd you believe this. Go find some black boxers from the ghettos and tell them their boxing is a fake skill.
I'm sure you won't get shadowrealmed,

If you ask a Judo wrestler if Boxing is real, he'll say that Boxing is a fake sport.
Your perception of another's martial art doesn't matter.

Godspeed, user, godspeed.

Sounds like you've met some fucktarded Judo players.
Cause I do Judo and I wouldn't say boxing is fake. Those dudes train for hours and hours to punch you in the face. What's fake about that?

lmao

You're a goof. Please consider suicide.

Ladies first.

spoken like a true clutterfag drowning in piles of his own detritus
some people like peace and cleanliness, it's not just a meme. might be hard to realize trudging through your empty Amazon boxes and Arbys bags

>says the dude who thinks boxing is fake cause some McDojo judo man said so.
lmaoing @ your life

I mean I could break down how stupid that statement is but I honestly can't be fucked.

I never said boxing is fake. I said if you ask a bunch of martial artists, you'll find someone who says that art x or y is fake. Ask enough people, and you'll find all of them are.
And that what you think about another art doesn't matter, especially if you're going to paint everyone who practices it with the same brush.

Now, you can either try HEMA and do something new, or you can go do Judo. We've got a couple Judoka in our class and they did very well learning Longsword. Any martial art transfers well into the sword, truly.
That's precisely it. I don't want clutter. And I made the thread because I still felt sentimental about leaving my stuff to someone else.
It's all gone now, and I'm hoping someone else will enjoy it.
We'll come back to the tabletop together someday, user.

Hema is literally nerd fighting for nerds.

I have a few friends who do it and they're all complete goofballs who are as athletic as my left nut.

All fighting is for nerds. Fighting is for everyone, and taking a martial, athletic and academic approach to historic fighting systems is the correct one.
What you will see is eventually everyone applying the HEMA methodology to the rest of martial arts.

You're the reason affordable containment unit rental exist.

>What you will see is eventually everyone applying the HEMA methodology to the rest of martial arts.
lmao

I’m still trying to figure out what the point of this thread is.

if you have citadel red ink 61-64 ill drop $$$ for it

ill wash yo feet

why is it mma enthusiasts are so quick to slam on hema, aikido, tai chi, or whatever else doesn't fit into their favored flavor of sport fighting? Do they feel insecure about it something?

>martial arts
>HEMA

History fags still believe this. I swear to God man, HEMA is as much a martial art as tai-chi in 95% of the cases.
Literally skinnyfat people pretending to be sportsmen. Atleast try something like HMB.

I've got the t-shirt, you'll regret it in a few years.

You either drop off young are stay your whole life.

Enter the /wip/ secret santa and give someone the biggest fucking surprise ever.
That way you also know it'll go to a fa/tg/uy that'll cherish it

Vocal minority, methinks, and idolization of what falls into their favor. I think that's called confirmation bias? Dunno tho.

Congrats! I did something similar. I posted on an obscure forum I was selling my minis at "very cheap price" at this flea market. Only two guys showed and could not believe their luck when I told the prices (1€ per blister 5€ for a box) One of the guys started shaking and kept repeating: Do you know what these are worth?

The minis went to a good home. My life is less cluttered now. Everything went well.

>Even the small price kept normies away. I gave one blister for free to a young girl who kept looking at it even though the 1€ was too much for the mother.

A gay fag

HMB people are monster chugging tryhards and nationalists.
No thanks. Don't like their concussions. Don't like the marhsals who are ignorant to the safety of the contestants.
I imagine I will. But maybe I will need to hurt to want to do it again. And this gives me an opportunity to start fresh as well.
That's actually a great idea. And now that you mention it, I'd do that.
Except everything is gone now. But we shall see about entering something in secret santa anyway.
You're right. Most of the club I'm in are former martial artists who wanted a less strict environment, to do swords, or do something new. Most MMA people are good folks.
Isn't that a treasure? The knowledge that stuff you weren't using is going to be put to use. That's a good feel.

>HMB people are monster chugging tryhards
HEMA fags keep saying this becausde they can't compete haha. Stay skinnyfat, even in your own sport you're a fechtbuch reading nerd.

Hit the gym, incel.

You're serious? HMB as a culture has no athleticism. The armor is overly thick compared to historic examples, and as a recreation of French Buhurt, it's laughably bad.
If they want to be taken seriously, they should abandon the wonky not-falchions, switch over to Buhurt's rules, and recreate the old sport. As it is, it's only an aerobic exercise with bad grappling and kind of teamwork thrown in there.
That's another point, HMBfags need more wrestling training. They should probably go do Ringen or Abrazare. As both show wrestling with weapons.
Which is essentially what HMB does when everything gets into the press anyhow.

And let's not forget that as an armor fighting recreation, it's completely ineffective.
And also the amount of concussions in HMB is unacceptable.