Cucking demons and dragons Edition

Cucking demons and dragons Edition

Previous Thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
when do you personally scoop?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mlh-mirrodins-last-hope/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-17-ayli-edh/
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18057
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I scoop when I see no possible out and one player has clearly won. It usually involves asking the other remaining players if they have a way out against the winning player. It's not something that happens often, but when it does, it's usually unanonymous.

I always play until I'm dead. You can't pull off the occasional comeback if you quit every time it looks like you can't win

>game well under way with 6 players total >everyone has 8+ creatures on the board >myself and one other with 15 tokens
>Edgar friend starts counting and adding stuff up, using skullclamp here and there
>announces a fumigate
>he is about to receive over 50 health on top of some other combo involving lifegain
>lean across the table and look him dead in the eye
>"no life for you"
>everyone loses their shit because my commander is Erebos and Edgar player forgot
>he scoops and leaves the shop

You know you're a Chad when you crack out a 600$ kaalia deck against 100$ decks.

and then you bitch about how degenerate your opponents commanders are... I miss my old LGS

Why is this thread called Veeky Forums lmfao

i fucked up, just wanted to start a new edh thread ive only made one before

I forgive you, OP. Let's make the best of it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mlh-mirrodins-last-hope/

Wondering if I should include Tezzeret the Seeker instead of March of the Machines, or run one Tezzeret over the other.
Will also want to use Blinkmoth Urn as soon as available in town.
Willing to consider other minor tweaks.

Refusing to use Time Seive because don't like infinite loops.

So /edhg/ do you have a weaker deck to play against newer/weaker players?

are you the autist chink at dicehouse

no im white, do you think i am due to my commander or reaction image?

Nah there is just a really annoying erebos player in the southern california area who netdecks like a motherfucker.

Anyone wanna play?

Tezzeret the Seeker is one of the best planeswalkers in the format. 100% run it.

That's a very low number of lands for the amount of cheap artifact ramp you're running. You have almost entirely 3-drop ramp. I find it hard to believe you don't run into mana problems very frequently.

Drop stuff like Manalith and Seashell Cameo and get some Signets in there. Fellwar Stone and Coldsteel Heart are also good.

Cut Ichorclaw Myr for Scrap Trawler.

i-i also live in socal, damn

im not him though

Yeah you're good man. I just assumed that faggot to be the type scouring magic threads for degenerate shit.

No.

Yeah, I have mana troubles about 20% of the time. Ironically, one of my 100 tests on the site, I was land flooded for the first 3 turns.

Signets sound like a great idea, forgot those even existed as 2-drops. Fellwar sounds good as well, not really needing color most of the time. Coldsteel Heart being a faster Sol Grail, patching color troubles sooner anyways.

Scrap Trawler, I can see some benefit while leading up to getting out Darksteel Forge, it still feels about as niche as what it's replacing.

I made an Ayli deck... and it fucking blows. It's so slow and doesn't do anything. Am I trying to win the game through attacking? Draining? I have some weird halfsies plan that's dead in the water. My table is Omnath, Mizzix, Meren, and occasionally Breya.

What can I do to speed this up? Everyone else has one infinite combo in their deck. I have a bunch of recursive creatures in my deck, but none of them do anything. Is there some combo I can add that's not the sanguine combo? What should I be doing with the deck? Any pointers would be appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-17-ayli-edh/

Are german cards worth anything? I have a ton of pre-kamigawa cards i haven't touched in years. Should i see if anything is worth selling?

The fewest lands I've ever run was 30 and that was a Glissa stax deck in which 90% of the cards cost 3 or less and it had a massive amount of artifact ramp and mana dorks. 26 with your curve just looks insane.

With only a couple exceptions, any 2-drop rock is better than any 3-drop rock.

English are always worth more than non-English. German cards tend to sound funnier, though

kaalia is my most HATED commander in EDH, period. i get butthurt just thinking about her. F
UCK that bitch and fuck master of cruelties..

What's a good place to look up card values?

Howzit im josh lee kuwait you are watching slæsh listing to dee cummand zone podcast.

>who is nekusar, Atraxa, and animar

please stop

Yeah, I don't know how, but I can still just explode around turn 10. Usually thanks to Foundry Inspector, Master Transmuter, Cloud Key, and/or Etherium Sculptor lowering the costs of bigger cards, so they act cheaper.

Turn 10 is pretty slow mate..

Granted, turn 10 is considering getting Forgemaster out with current cards to search out power cards. with Signets, that could make things run a little faster. It also doesn't explode as much or as fast as my Rhys deck, if left unchecked.

>F
>UCK

Why

This is the opposite of chad

>tfw you'll never be a kitchen table chad

>agrees not to go crazy with spending

oompf, not me

O-okay...

>no EDH in title

how can you be so fucking stupid?

>build Wort the Raidmother
>conspire a Plow Under
>make a guy lose 4 lands

>no women in the playgroup

Your loss buddy.

the command zone used to actually be a good show but once they started getting sponsors and the patreon if went downhill quickly. now its just 20 minutes of ads and then top ten reddit comments for the week regurgitated. they dont even play commander for game knights anymore on a channel about commander ffs. glad some of the other smaller pod casts like commander central are sticking around

Try the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo for infinite mana.

Then proceed with x spells, like Exsanguinate or Walking Ballista for that super combo finish.

Want another infinite? Have Bog Initiate + Bloodsoaked Champion + Ashnod's Altar + Zulaport Cutthroat/Blood Artist on the field, attack with somebody. 2nd Main Phase, sac BS Champion to Ashnod's Altar. Repeatedly convert 1 colorless mana from Ashnod's to Bog Initiate, then use the 1B to reanimate BS Champion. Do that repeatedly and you get multiple dies triggers from Zulaport/Artist.

Remove the ff:
>Athreos
>Emeria Sheperd
>Mentor of the Meek
>Mother of Runes
>Serra Ascendant
>Solemn Simulacrum
>Sorin, Solemn Visitor
>Batterskull
>Well of Lost Dreams
>Debtor's Knell

Where's your Whip of Erebos?

>subbed to command zone for game knights because they were way more fun than 2 hours of a normal game
>learn this is some kind of bi-monthly special treat and all they do is release an advertisement podcast every week

honestly if your looking for game play as much as i hate kike city games their commander vs series is pretty good and mtgmudstah or whatever it is is also decent

If I have inalla wizardball, angry omnath lands and elementals as my current decks, which of my 3 other deck ideas should I think about brewing next?

Jevela "your deck is my deck" copy clone and stteal
Kambal taxes and lifeplay
Mogis punisher

I bought a bunch of expensive packs and lost the lottery on all of them
What do I do with steaming garbage like pic related

Mill or zombie?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

S..shut up

>mills yourself
>mill?

user please

>giving money to investors
>get absolutely fucked
you deserve it, you are probably stupid enough to do it again in the future

I must be missing something. Why isn't this run in more blue control decks? It's just autowin vs creature heavy decks for 4 mana

Probably because it relies on your opponent board state, and alot of people play in creature light metas
I love it tho

>Probably
That's a definitely

That sounds good. It sucks you can't really play midrange good stuff in EDH. What's a good deck list I should look at? I'm not quite sure what ff means.

But isn’t milling others a viable strategy in B/U/G? Or am I a goober

Scarab God's down to 40 from 50, Scorpion's down to 3 from 5 and I dont know how much the Locust God uses to cost but I know it was higher than 7

is standard rotating soon or something

Lab maniac

Yeah it's the best card in the group hug precon
You can use it to fog
You can use it to win
And you can use it to ruin that one guys day, you know the one guy who never wins but finally had rakdos charm in hand at the same time you have 100 squid tokens
Then proceed to ruin his day by way of donation

Milling isn't a viable strategy. It's the worst win condition in Magic. Any deck can run an Eldrazi and ignore it and most decks have recursion in them. Most of the time, I want to be milled because it's easier to access shit in your graveyard than in your library.

Even if you have Leyline of the Void out or a similar exiling effect, milling is still slow and does absolutely nothing to advance your position in the game until you mill the last card.

Don't play mill unless you have something to abuse it like Mimeoplasm. Or just mill yourself.

it also draws hate from retards who don't realize how bad mill is because it feels like you're hurting them

Mizzix goblin tribal yes or no

So.... zombies then?

All monoblacks are the same.

Wort goblin tribal

Mill is fucking awful, even in 60 card formats. For EDH, it's a goddamn joke. Half the time, you're actively helping your opponent (like if they're running a graveyard strategy), and the other half, it's far less efficient than just damage. Don't waste your time with that shit.

>YOU MILLED MY EXSANGUINATE NOW I'M ANGRY

Someone getting mad about getting a few cards milled is one of the easiest ways to tell they're a shit player

Temur LUL

What are some worthwhile cards for generating off-Commander mana in monoblack?

Would a Darksteel Ingot be worthwhile? Felwar Stone? Prismatic Lens?

The worst feeling is having to save face when a random scrub’s mill or ingest happens to hit something you can’t actually get back and could’ve really used.

Like you know mill and library-exile is bad, but it actually mattered for once and you still have to pretend that they just drew you one deeper.

but it doesn't matter, that card was for all intents and purposes the last one in your library and the tutor you could have used to find it was the second last.

Shitter pretending they aren't one detected.

Seem to be around the same, maybe slightly more on average, here in Germany. Check Cardmarket for prices, no idea how this translates to non-EU territories.

what the fuck is wrong with mudstahs voice my throat hurts just listening to it

That only works if you don’t actually run a bunch of tutors or if your deck doesn’t go through the whole thing multiple times over.

I’ve definitely tutored for cards only to find them in exile due to some random mill and a bog.

>tfw had to make a domestic disturbance call to the cops this morning because my brother-in-law was assaulting my sister
Well it was nice having a group but now I think I'm going to become an LGSfag

Yeah, midrange EDH doesn't really exist, at least in my playgroup. It's almost always turn 3-4 combo-out or control decks outgrinding you to victory

>good deck list
Look up all Orzhov lists at EDHrec for starters.
If some of the cards they immediately present you don't align with your tastes, maybe it's time for more research.

I'm shilling Rings of Brighthearth for your deck because of that sweet exile ability tacked onto Ayli.

One of my buddies flips out on any mill decks. It'd be funny if he wasn't serious, since he'll just start calling (white) people niggers (he's white) with black people in the game.

Then again, I'm the best player in this group, so my perspective on mill is a little different.

If your deck needs a lot of off-color mana, Chromatic Lantern

All of what you mentioned are worthy in monoblack.

Additionally, there are cards like
>Blood Celebrant
>Mana Confluence
>City of Brass
>Phyrexian Lens
>Spire of Industry
>Vesper Ghoul

for your off-color mana needs.

clearly none of you have played against even a budget narset deck

>Atraxa
>good
you are bad at magic
the walker variant takes too long to get off the ground
the infect variant is super inconsistent and like all combat focused decks leave you really vulnerable
the +1/+1 deck is pretty cool but its not broken by any stretch
the hybrid decks are a little better but still nothing compared to narset and zur

*cries*
I JUST WANTED YOU TO LOVE ME SANDPIE!

>ass-aulting my sister
deets?

How is YOUR Krenko deck different from everyone else's Krenko deck edhg

...it IS different from everyone else's Krenko deck, right?

>How is YOUR Krenko deck different from everyone else's Krenko deck edhg
my deck is only krenko because warpworld isnt as good in a kiki jiki deck

Yes. I've got a slightly upgraded Gisa precon and an exclusively Time Spiral block deck which are fun to play but clearly low powered.

If you would produce any mana not in your commanders color identity it becomes colorless, in mono black you can not make red mana or others

smoker probably

I usually play until I'm killed off. For instance, I was just in a game where I had three cards left in deck. My opponent had Laquatus out with all lands untapped. He didn't realize this and instead acooped because he couldn't swing out.

However, the times I do scoop are usually times when the board is locked down and you can't do anything.

Tl,dr only acoop when the fun is gone.

My Krenko deck is different from everyone else's because it's actually an Ib deck.

its not, i literally just threw every goblin 4 cmc and under in the deck and kiki conscripts combo for when someone inevitably wipes the board

honestly though i never really play it and only lend it out to new players, krenko is boring as fuck

>go to my sister/brother-in-law's house to pick up my niece to babysit for a little bit
>actual babysitter for niece isn't available until 8 and I go to work at 9 so its not a big deal
>get there and find my sister being pinned against the ground and my brother-in-law punching her in the arm, something about him shutting the laundry for whatever
>pull out phone and dial the PD
>brother-in-law gets off her and walks over to me and tells me to put my phone down unless I want to end up like her
>just stare him in the eyes unflinching and tell the cops what happened
>cops come over and tell ask me, brother-in-law, and sister questions
>cops tell me they can't do anything because it was only shoving and the punches left no physical marks
>reason this matters to the thread is my brother-in-law is part of my group and some days we play at their house
Exciting morning

Damn never realized how unappealing Phage's art is

Changed those rules some time back man, you can now add any color of mana of said cards

Mill with only a few of the most synergistic zombie cards like Gravespawn Sovereign.

Nope. That was changed a while ago. Sen Triplets are thankful.

By being Grenzo, Mizzix, or Wort instead.

what the fuck why would they change that

I always hear this but I have yet to see anything official.

mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18057

Booooooooooooooooooo

Yeah kinda dumb