Google Authentication Locked out

I am completely locked out of Coinbase, Binance and Bitstamp. I have thousands of dollars in my accounts stuck. I dropped my phone today in the toilet. My Google Authenticator was on that phone as well as all my back up information. I lost my book today as well with all my back up codes and seeds. I submitted tickets and pictures to all three accounts. I have not heard anything back. I am freaking out. I did have everything physically backed up and somehow the damn book was misplaced. I have all my user names and passwords but can not log in due to 2FA. I am screwed. Do you all think I will be able to recover quickly? Anyone else run into an issue like this? I am freaking out and I was literally in tears earlier today.

you sound like a faggot

nice pasta

If you're verified, yeah.

cry more

Don't freak out. I'll lookup how I recovered my Google Auth when I switched phones. I thought I lost mine to, but it was easy to recover.

We already talked to you earlier faggot and spent a long time trying to help you out, fuck off attention whore and/or larper.

Made a similiar post earlier and some ppl said they had similiar experience. SOme said they couldnt recover and others said just submit tickets and they will allow me in without the 2 factor Auth. Will this be a quick fix? Will it be a fix at all? Am I screwed and lost all my savings? I have never had a cent growing up and I have been making very good decisions. I dont have any family left and I really was trying my best to keep this shit in order. I feel very bad and I feel like a retard on top of it. I am embarrassed and also down in the gutter. Please help. Any advice will help me out. I am a good man and would do the same. Please help me out.

Alright so you’re the 3rd user to drop their phone in a toilet today
Sage

put your phone into rice - get it to the master abd get hardware restored - your shit still on hardrive probably - get your phone restored

>had my phone fly out 90mphs on the freeway with 2FA on it
>had to return with my bike, park on the side of the road and search it for 40 minutes before finding it all smashed up and shit
>restored that bitch and saved my backup restore phrase this time

I tried everything the guys told me to do earlier today but still not many responses from the three companies other than an automated response that was no help.

Go to a hardware recovery store. Pro ones.
You might have to pay upward of 300$ but it's better than losing 3000$.

I have google Authenticator and my shit is backed up on cloud. Does Authenticator remember your shit if you reinstall on another phone

I bought a new phone today and reinstalled Google Authenticator with my same google play log in account and it didnt save anything from before.

Here next time you print out the back up code , print out three paper of it and out it in three different places .

Fuck is this for reals?

No. You need to disable GA on your old phone on binance first then install new GA on your new phone

So you really can not lose your phone

You can use authy which allows you to access your codes with a master password, even on computer using chrome extension.

Of course the trade off is security

Or just write the 2FA code down. If you didn't when you first set it up, you can disable it, re enable it (this time write the key down), and you'll be fine. And make a copy.

you are given a key in case you lose the phone dumbass, just write it down next time on paper

Where’s this key the one on binance?

everytime you turn on/off 2FA they will give you a 16 digit key

Gotcha that on. Thanks

Kek. Just use authy. It encrypts locally before saving to the cloud. You can use it with all Google authenticator QR codes.
Had to learn the hard way, after I bricked my phone trying to install xposed

>I dropped my phone today in the toilet.

this happened to my friend and bittrex made him send in some proof of identity, picture of him holding his license and passport i believe , it was fine, youll be fine, they take for ever to respond but they will mate dont panic.

You authy shills are worse than link shills, authy has a backdoor available
Also why would anyone in their right mind use an unofficial app with hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake

Okay, this thread has me worried.
The withdrawal limit of 2 BTC doesn't bother me unless BTC hits $500 USD.
Do I have to verify myself on Binance?
I tried and they wanted THREE images, not just one...

whose accounts are you trying to steal faggot?

>authy shill
you know how fucking retarded you sound?

>dont use the official 2fa, use this other 2fa made by a pajeet
Ya guess im retarded

^

you need to enter the backup codes you mong. you should be happy they aren't storing your shit in the cloud.

welcome to the double edged sword of 2 factor authentication tied to a device that is constantly in danger

Sage

it seems no matter how many times we tell Veeky Forums to BACK UP THEIR FUCKING 2FA CODES using multiple redundancies we always get retards like you and im convinced we will continue getting more retards like you.

This is like a natural selection process for all the witness.

>Authy
>made by pajeet
pick one
better yet, tell me what the "official" 2FA is, I'll be waiting

not writing down the codes that google auth gives you to use for a situation EXACTLY LIKE THIS xd

>the state of every SJW walking in this rotten planet

if thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions are on the line. Get a dedicated phone thats job is JUST 2FA. This will ensure its not stolen from anywhere another other than your house or its not dropped in the water. That why i did. my 2fa phone doesnt leave my computer and its in a fucking safe.

I also back up codes to the cloud in a zipfile with a very long 12character password thats easy to remember but brute force algo says will take 1000 years to crack

2fa code is also printed off put somewhere safe, that no one would ever look unless they had an allen key

>I am completely locked out of Coinbase, Binance and Bitstamp. I have thousands of dollars in my accounts stuck. I dropped my phone today in the toilet. My Google Authenticator was on that phone as well as all my back up information. I lost my book today as well with all my back up codes and seeds. I submitted tickets and pictures to all three accounts. I have not heard anything back. I am freaking out. I did have everything physically backed up and somehow the damn book was misplaced. I have all my user names and passwords but can not log in due to 2FA. I am screwed. Do you all think I will be able to recover quickly? Anyone else run into an issue like this? I am freaking out and I was literally in tears earlier today.
Hey pussy you posted this a few hours earlier. You do know. It could take a few days to a week right? Do you have ADD?

I am completely screwed. I am a day trader and cant even make any good exchanges. I feel like I will never see my money again. How is it possible that they will not let me back in? Why would it take this long? I understand its to make sure we dont get hacked but there has to be better service than a double edged sword 2fa that is literally placed on a cellphone made out of precious glass. My galaxy 6 is literally a piece of shit made out of glass. The backdropped and cracked and shattered and the front screen later shattered. WTF is this shit. and they made it so the battery will always die and you cant easily replace it or add any gigs to your phone. Its a fucking catch all around. I bought second phone and installed google auth on it today that will be my coin phone exclusively. only problem is I cant access any of my accounts to add to google auth or even touch my money.

i handle 4 usb sticks were i backup my keepass files. i have a file for google authenticators, passwords and wallets. i also print the whole thing once in a month.

responsibility. and yes its a pain in the ass. but then you dont loose thousands of dollars just because u drop your fucking phone during a dumb into the toilet.

I am completely destroyed over this. I cant stop obsessing now over the idea that the money and coins are gone for good just because I cant log into the stupid google authentication.

Is it possible to have GA synced on two devices? I have the key from when I first initialized for binance. Is it just a matter of entering in the same key on the second device?

Now I understand why everyone wants water proof phones.

l2authy

Download and use Authy instead of Google Authenticator. Fixed it for me

Nope, I hope your phone is rooted so you can do a backup, otherwise change your 2FA app to one that can be backed up while you still can.

>using a 2FA app that undermines the core concept of 2FA and putting 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars at risk
I may have to manually restore my 2FA code backups, but at least I'm not fucking retarded

hey stupid. buy a new phone, log into google and use the MOVE TO NEW PHONE OPTION in your 2FA settings. How fucking retarded are you? I shouldn't even tell you, you deserve it for being so stupid.

>This will ensure its not stolen from anywhere another other than your house or its not dropped in the water. That why i did. my 2fa phone doesnt leave my computer and its in a fucking safe.
This is retarded, unless you're dealing with millions, a password + 2FA on a separate device is plenty of risk mitigation.

I went to see if this is even possible, I went in the bathroom with my phone in my pocket and tried making it fall out of my pocket at different angles and it wouldnt fall in.

Satisfied I was getting ready to sit down to have a pee and it fell into the toilet!! WTF YOU FUCKING OP PIECEOF SHIT!! NOW IM LOCKED OUT OF COINBASE AND BTC IS CRASHING!!!!

look at those rare dub 69's

FreeOTP, FOSS project by RedHat and available on fdroid.

still doesn't have a feature for backups without rooting your phone though which is pretty retarded, but you're probably retarded for not having full ownership of your own phone anyway

Yes, if you enter the same key it will generate the same OTP code every 60 seconds.

So I'm good for now but I have a question. I wrote down all my private keys on a piece of paper. If I ruin my phone but still have the paper, what do I do with the keys?

Enter the keys in to your OTP app manually, or convert them to a QR code and scan them normally.

I was in a simmilar situation 2 mounts back and had to unlock 4 exchanges, binance was very quick (3 days), liqui took less then a week, kraken took 1 week, bittrex took forever (2weeks +)

If you're varified, you'll get them back, but you'll have to wait until regular business hours in the countries they're based in.

Had to do the same thing for Bittrex, they removed my 2fa after I sent them a photo of myself holding my passport and time stamp.

I dropped my phone in the toilet, I disassembled it as much as I could and let it dry out and it started working again

download authy and use that you autist

It doesnt. You have to enter the private code to restore it.
I reinstalled my phone and lost em all.
Luckily i had my codes saved on my pc so i could restore it all

I use an old phone and used Google authenticator enabled with the same keys on it. Never connected to the internet, check every week or so if it's still working. Everyone here has an old phone surely. Don't use aurhy, unless you have share disabled after you is it. Since it uses sms.

put phone in bag of rice and that to warm place

Haven't lost my shit. But curious what would be the process if it happened. Were you verified or not?

Tip for the future: Get rid of the Google Authentication app. Install Authy instead and you are safe. Even better: Print out the QR code and key they give you when you enable 2FA.