media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove (Xanathar's PDF included)
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/
Did any of your characters get a happy ending?

I'm interested in the threshold where lore and rules overlap, specially regarding planes & planar travel. So, I have some questions:

1. What happens if I put a portable hole-like (mirror of life trapping, bag of holding/devouring, ect) item into a Demiplane?
2. What happens to a portable hole-like item in the astral plane?
3. What happens if I try to use a portable hole-like in an area affected by a forbiddance-like effect?
4. What the hell is an "astral body" in the astral projection spell? Is it just a "you" made of light and magical mumbo jumbo? Does it need to eat, drink, sleep, rest (and therefore regain spell slots) or fuck?
5. Is Astral Projection considered planar travel? Could it work while in an area affected by a forbiddance-like effect?
6. What would it happen if you cast the Imprisonment spell to yourself? Do you keep the "statuette" while Imprisoned? Can you undone the spell? Consider the different forms of Imprisonment.
7. Is it game-over if a lich casts Imprisonment (Hedged Prison version) on a minion that it's holding it's phylactery?
8. Can you reach a plane that is affected a forbiddance-like effect from the astral plane?
9. Would the clone spell work if you are killed in an area affected by a forbiddance-like effect?
10. Would the clone spell work if the clone is a plane affected by a forbiddance-like effect?

My one character fizzled out as I took the DM chair again, I like to think that they did though.

I'm a complete unimaginative brainlet, /5eg/, help me out.
What kind of encounters might the party face in a ghost-infested ancient temple? I've figured the ghosts can possess armor and weapons (giving the players Swords of Animated Attack and Animated Armor to fight), but beyond that, I'm at a loss.

The temple features the following rooms - living quarters, prison, a library, a dining hall, an altar chamber, a meditation chamber, an arsenal and training grounds.
I want each room to have it's own, unique encounter - so, no "Oh shit, it's shades again".

Help?

>Did any of your characters get a happy ending?
Is no ending a happy ending? Most of my characters just get forgotten

A rug, a refluffed mimic, the actual ghost, other things fluffed as the memory of past battles. awakened shrubs. All kinds of stuff my dude

Asking again...
Can a warlock use at-will levitate while on a broom of flying to always use it's max speed?

>Her wonky shin and his malformed hand
Everytime

Thoughts on the next UA? Will it be on time or will the holidays delay it? Will it be good or shit? What will it be on? Will it finally be Food and Provisions?

>Will it finally be Food and Provisions?
I goddamn hope so

Mixed parties result in bad campaigns. Do yourself a favor and segregate your gaming group. Casters with Casters and cucks with martials.

Ghosts
In all honesty, add in rugs of smothering to complete the trinity of possessed objects. Maybe toss in zombies as the bodies of the ghosts after they left. Shadows/trappers/Specters could be cool interpretations of spirits living in the darkness. Banshees are also ghost like things. Ghasts or ghouls for solid-body ghost-likes. Golems could be another possessed item they find around.

As for non-combat encounters: maybe helping some spirits move on? Finding out what killed them maybe or send a message to a loved one, find something they lost in life.

>Will it finally be Food and Provisions?
Hopefully so. I want Darkest Dungeon-tier camping abilities.

>maybe helping some spirits move on
That's the whole purpose of their trip there. The undead are being infinitely respawned by two revenants, who refuse to accept that their god is dead, and it's time to put the arms down and finally move on into the afterlife.

My fighter settled down on the frontier in the nice, peaceful estate he built by hand. He spent his evenings singing and sewing for his two wives, telling them stories of his countless ancestors. He spent his days training his growing brood of children in the ways of good, and justice, and strength. He would still go out on adventures to keep the land safe, but instead of charging in recklessly and laying his life on the line every single time, he would heed the words of his friends and take the careful route.

I'm sure it will release on time. I hope it's something NOT dumb like elf subraces, jeez those were bad.

Goblins are to hobgoblins as kobolds are to _____?

So I'm thinking of changing up inspiration as a DM to further encourage players RPing and using creativity during play. Rather than giving advantage on a roll, spending inspiration makes a roll an automatic success. Excluding the obvious like not allowing the impossible ("I persuade the wizard into giving me his magic staff for free"), the only downsides I can think of are making a more predictable game for the players and perhaps devaluing skills that players choose to specialize in by allowing the unspecialized free successes.

Is this a really bad idea and has anyone tried anything similar?

>It can carry up to 400 pounds, but its flying speed becomes 30 feet while carrying over 200 pounds.
>One creature or object of your choice that you can see within range rises vertically, up to 20 feet, and remains suspended there for the duration. The spell can levitate a target that weighs up to 500 pounds.
>The target can move only by pushing or pulling against a fixed object or surface within reach (such as a wall or a ceiling), which allows it to move as if it were climbing.
RAW no, since you cannot move horizontally while on the broom while levitating since there is nothing fixed to push or pull against.
However this seems like an easy thing to houserule. A creature with a fly speed can choose to levitate or fly. For the broom, just say that a person with gear of up to 500 lbs has an effective weight of zero while levitating.

lizardmen?

Draconians

Dragonborn, obviously.

Is any of the 3rd party stuff good?

Yes

>food and provisions
I really hope the hype for this is a meme. Because if it's genuine I guarantee that you're all going to be disappointed.

Like what?

Star Wars Saga Edition had Destiny points that worked similarly(except you could use it to crit an attack roll and other things), but you got only one per level. (And had lesser metacurrency that added +1d6 which was more plentiful.)
It was totally fine.

I guess it comes down to what kind of game are you aiming for and frequency with witch you hand out points. Does Inspiration motivates players to RP?

I liked that it teased development for the return of other settings.

Kind of? Dragonborn aren't really a villain race.

Oh shit yeah there we go, perfect. I might reflavor them a bit but yeah good idea.

They can be if they serve Tiamat.

You could reason that, but RAW it will be seen the moment it makes that attack unless it can attack through the ground itself.

No

We completed Out of The Abyss and my Orc fighter got to retire to the countryside with her brother and all the gold they collected on the way.

Are melee Rangers viable?
I know that people say everything in D&D is viable, but just how much would I be gimping myself if I did?
Should I stick with a dual wielding DEX build or could a STR build sword and board/great weapon fighter work?

Honestly? It's a little of A little of B

>1.
You get a functional item
>2.
You get a functional item.
>3.
This is starting to get tricky, I am not sure if "interplanar travel" includes "extra(inter?)dimensional travel". Ask your DM at this point. Personally, forbiddance doesn't stop extradimensional effects.
Consider that Barovia itself is a plane, and blocks interplanar travel, yet does nothing to extradimensional effects, other than duplicating all of Barovian planar effects into any extradimensional spaces within Barovia.
>4.
Your astral body resembles your mortal form in almost every way, replicating your game statistics and possessions. The principal difference is the addition of a silvery cord.
So yes.
>5. Is Astral Projection considered planar travel? Could it work while in an area affected by a forbiddance-like effect?
Forbiddance itself protects against planar travel TO TARGET area. So that's a little specific, however if we consider something like Force Cage, well, your mortal body is staying perfectly still, so the projection itself isn't contradicting Force Cage. However, if you were to enter an Astral Plane's portal to a separate plane via astral body, you can't really tow your mortal body out of the Force Cage.
>6.
You'd imprison yourself after you fail the save. The component isn't consumed. Up to the DM really if the component is also imprisoned or not, depending in the imprisonment form. You can undo the spell, if imprisonment doesn't also incapacitate you, or the usual dispel clause is used.
>7.
It's also game over if the Lich reforms at their phylactery and is forever Imprisoned by his own machinations.
>8.
No
>9.
Yes
>10.
Yes, the travelling soul isn't a creature, planar travel only blocks creatures.

So it won't be any different than normal?

I ran a lizardfolk hunter with shield/trident and shieldmaster feat for about 4 levels between 1st and 2nd tier and was an absolute beast

Depends entirely on whom you are playing with

>trident
literally the worst weapon

Whips exist

I want to have magic in my game be more ritualistic and blood sacrificey, any advice on hacking the spellcasting system?

>inb4 not playing D&D
Not an option, next please

Any good suggestions how to word "babysitter for god-wannabes" in a manner that makes it sound like an epic fantasy title?

Bumping for an answer

Whips have a function, it's the only one handed weapon with reach and it also has finesse.

Trident? Just a worse spear

Change or add Material components that have less monetary and more emotional/'moral' value.
And/Or
Add more description and activity to ritual spells, and make more spells ritual only.

Cast from HP

Help Veeky Forums! I just hit level 4 as a Hexblade Lock. Should I go from 18 to 20 charisma or take the pole arm master feat (another chance to proc hex)

Protector of mortals attempting to attain godhood.

Just thought of a better one, protector of those seeking divinty.

I want to open a mid-upper class tailoring shop in Waterdeep.

I am a level 10 sorcerer and I have gained a rare knowledge of ancient elven sewing, embroidery, and methods of enchanting it if desired. I have never made a business in D&D but my DM is really chill and sandbox to stuff.

Anyone who has made a business know some key things I need to keep in mind? I appreciate any tips.

Guardian of the Seeker, Conservator of Apotheosis

Babysitter not just in as a guy who makes sure they don't wreck themselves but more that they don't wreck everything and everybody else in their pursuit?

Depends on what kind of game you're playing and how you're going to balance running a shop while also being an adventurer.

Caretaker instead of protector, handler is too obvious

Am I missing something or Orcs are objectively worse than half-orcs?

Apotheosis is a very good word, I have used it in my own brainstorming.
Conservator is something I didn't consider before!
One I came up with before coming here for second opinions: Warden of Apotheosis Aspirants

How about straight up Wrangler? YEEEHAW

I like middle finger of vecna, but with everything they have, i'd say it's a case by case thing with their stuff.

Only the stuff I made

Get players to roleplay their spells harder + have to use material instead of a focus, add blood or whatever material components where needed.

Overall, no mechanical change, because we know whatever silly homebrew isn't going to work.

'All spells when cast reduce your max HP' isn't a bad idea though, I personally thought it would make a good unique character trait but it works fine applied to everyone as well if you make a proper table for it.

In the US legal system a conservator is actually a term for a person appointed as a protector and caretaker. It's literally a babysitter.

Newfag

Thought about it but tard wrangler is an easy connection to make

No, they are inferior.

That's the intention.

does anyone have a download link for underworld speculation?

Is Apotheosis Aspirant evocative enough for "God-Wannabe?"

Hahaha what a faggot!

Since elves are in the OP, which do you prefer, Sun Elves or Moon Elves?

Moon Elves are tolerant, frivolous, seldom serious hippies who aren't arrogant but are okay with fading from the world.

Sun Elves feel obligated to do heroic things, view anything non-elf as inferior, and are haughty and arrogant...but want to restore elvish greatness and don't like dying out.

Remove all full casters*. Allow anyone to cast spells as a ritual if they have a spellbook with the relevant spell. Require that any spells cast as a ritual involve a sacrifice proportionate to the spell level (ranging from animals for low-level spells, humans for mid-level spells, mass sacrifice for high-level spells). Maybe throw in an INT check when a ritual is performed to see if you succeed, possible tentacle fun times if you miscast (bonus points, INT is now useful without making wizards more powerful because they're gone). Go through the list of spells and turn as many as possible into rituals.

*consider allowing warlocks and clerics but require them to perform spooky rituals during short/long rests to appease their patrons

UA Eladrin.

hey so how do I get rid of the malware in the trove's Xanathar pdf?

Go support your FLGS

>White boi sitting, depressed and downtrodden, his people dying out. He can't even muster the effort to wear armor or shave.
>Ebony QUEEN standing victoriously over him and her treasure, secure in her supremacy. Her gaze vaguely pitying yet hard, a staff representing SUPREME YAKUB POWER in her hand, a conquering goddess

DAS RITE!

Really? Why?

Go back to /pol/

>malware
nigga what

Nice try, we know it's you 'I own a FLGS buy my books REEE'fag.

I thought WotC was all for inclusion, but they are racists

>the statue in the background representing the jewish overlords who rule us all from the shadows, unammused by the ebony goddess' triumph, for she is goyim

Here's the attention (you) so desperately want

I'm pretty sure it's in the lore somewhere that half-orcs are essentially genetic supersoldiers bred to stand above orcs.

AY YO HOL TF UP

I mean being half human (and theirfor gaining human intellegence) will do that for ya

Bloody hell, can a simple image get any more smug?

All the half-races are superior to the base race, because they have superior human genes.

Because half-orcs are only, well, half orc, and as we all know orcs are dumbasses who can't do anything more than hit hard

So why aren't High Elves ruling the world? Natural intelligence and magic proficient, with profficiency in longbows plus the dex boost to use them with effectiveness? It's some bullshit about them not fugging enough isn't it

Moon Elves and the FR elf pantheon in general are massive degenerate cucks. Sun Elf or GTFO.

So far, I just know that there is going to be a Bard in the party and we'll be starting around Extra Attack levels. I was thinking of dipping one or two in fighter if I were to go STR build but if it isn't worth it, I'll probably just roll up a Barb or something

Because elves are lil bitches and couldn't conquest to save their lives

>we all know orcs are dumbasses who can't do anything more than hit hard
But Half-Orcs hit harder

Except for humans themself.

Calm down there dear Emperor, it's not always the case. Hybrid vigor only benefits retarded genepools.

Does this fix it? I feel as if the 1d6 per level scaling still makes it really strong when cast at higher levels

Exactly, because they are smarter and know how to hit more strategically

Either that or low fertility normally, personally I make the bulk of the elven empire reside in the Fey Wild normally with those that live outside seen as either outcasts or sent to be a diplomatic front.

>So why aren't High Elves ruling the world?
This is how a mother sounds when they ask their son when are they going to get a job.

>Does this fix it?
Yes