Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Ghouls_Turn_Bad__Exterminatus_Now?.trid
>101_Reasons_Why_Awakened_Are_Just_Better.zdf
>CFD_Gone__Will_Corps_Find_Another_Reason_To_Drive_Up_Ware_Prices?.thread
>Elf.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 666 (-111111111% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Get yourself a WIMP and go fuck yourself, chummer'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running HATE.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What do you hate about SR?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5xfiav/know_your_enemy_horizon_we_know_what_you_think/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RCRQwqKk79p7S4stYY0yAgZJ1nKl_-Wa?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1BS29RpXycPDac6e-1MuDz5HXknSPTerL7392u1lm_SY/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there something that can help me fluff a campaign themed around horizon?

not really

I'm not sure what I expected. I guess departing from the shadowruns doesn't really interest people willing to write shadowrun (and having the rights.)

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5xfiav/know_your_enemy_horizon_we_know_what_you_think/

>CFD_Gone__Will_Corps_Find_Another_Reason_To_Drive_Up_Ware_Prices?.thread

CFD's gone?

cured in the new book.

Personally, I hate the people who think magic is OP and cyberware needs buffing.

So when did infected pop up again?

Personally, I hate the people who don't think magic is OP and cyberware doesn't needs buffing.

Personally, I hate everyone who doesn't mundane, 6 essence drug addicts.

Want a free commlink?

Ha!

>Here, user, have an incredibly advanced character that's totally an accurate representation of most characters

I'm pretty sure he means 250 Karma as "I have only spent 250 Karma on this, from the 800 we have"

That's my fetish

How is working for CGL?

Idiots like the guy above

It was a Karma-Gen Character, so he is at the level of a 50 ingame Karma Sum-To-Ten Guy.

Besides, most of the stuff he can do is easily available at Chargen.

Bad Deckers.

Not Deckers, Bad Deckers. Decent Deckers can make a game interesting. Bad Deckers make games annoying as fuck to even be in.

What's a decent decker to you?

The lack of actual game design for the mechanics.

The lack of research into geopolitics or socio-cultural politics.

Every country is literally a stereotype and that's boring.

Somebody that hacks things and knows the rules.

These simple things, that many deckers can't do.

Shouldn't that be plus seven?

Not if you're whichever pedo wrote that section!

To be fair, matrix rules are awful, full of extraneous rules that add nothing to the game. You can throw grids out entirely and you lose absolutely nothing, and don't even get me started on how much of a pain in the ass matrix perception is.

So, I basically know fourth edition and nothing else. Am I playing with an inferior edition?

nah
Different? Yes
Inferior? Pffffft, nah. You're not missing much

Depends on where your preferences lie.
The differences aren't super big, but i prefer 5e.
T. tried both.

Is matrix better or worse in 4e compared to 5e?

Differently shit. 5e is shit, 4e is shit. It's just a matter on which flavor of shit you'd rather.

I think you can do 5es Matrix shittery with less timeconsuming derping compared to 4e but its still not good AND you need to invest ressources into it to be apt.

>Physical Attributes used in Physical tests also contribute to Physical limit
>Mental Attributes used in Social and Magical tests also contribute to the limits
>Mental Attributes used in Matrix tests don't contribute to the limit
Really makes you think

It makes me think you're an idiot. Gear limits supersede your base limits. Accuracy and decking are the main areas it comes up.

How exactly? All i know is neonet is dead and Spinrad's the new Mega

Because they realized people hated it and were like "ok is gone now"

Oh, that's even better
>Mages get to improve their effective limit and their dicepool 1:1
>Everyone else has multiple attributes with geometric cost
>nuyen-based progression hits a dead stop

The gameplay itself is absolutely awful imo, which is a damn shame because of how much I like the setting and RP potential it has (which is why I stick with it anyway). Also, the "goblinized metas = irl minorities" allegory can get REALLY hamfisted at times, although it's not so much something I hate as an occasional and minor annoyance.

Unrelated, but is /srg/ cool with writefags?

>Is Veeky Forums cool with writefags
user, have you ever heard of Shadowrun Storytime? That thing that got hundreds if not thousands of people into Shadowrun and continues to be one of the beacons of the community to this day?

Yes, we're fucking okay with it. Whatcha got?

If you're lucky and the badwrongfun police aren't paying attention and the mods aren't interested. there haven't been any recent bans, but if you're unlucky, that could change.

Since when was writefagging banned

While all that true, it's not an entirely honest reflection of things. Sure it's geometric in cost to raise your attributes, but you don't need min-maxed attributes to have decent limits. If you have maximized stats your limits become an irrelevance. Like wise nuyen based limits are easily attainable at a value that acceptable but relevant and high end gear has limits that are not a restraint at all. The mage thing is legitimate though, it's too easy for mages to game limits with reagents.

You what

I'm introducing a ghoul gang leader who wears an eyeless plague mask into my campaign

Do I say "fuck it, fuck everything" and give him dual shotguns

Had an idea for a story about a beta wageslave elf and an Oni gangbanger falling for each other and eventually becoming Shadowrunners. Mostly plot focused, but probably some smut too.

I'm experienced enough with writefagging, both lewd and normal, but I wasn't sure if you guys would accept it or tell me to fuck off (I'm pretty new to /srg/).

Please for the love of god write it and post it here
Anything's better than the constant grousing about the ruleseet

Dude, we will literally suck your dick to get anything done by people with talent.

Alright, lads, I'll get to it. I can't promise when it'll be done (I'm pretty busy irl and have an erratic writing schedule), but I'll definitely aim for as soon as I can.

One last question - should the gangbanger chick be an Oni in a wannabe-Yakuza street gang or a Giant working as generic hired muscle? I like the idea of both, so it's really up to you guys.

Isn't that an Elf Longetivity Joke?

Giant.

My vote is for Oni.

Oni

Sounds interesting enough.

I vote oni. I also vote you run it as a quest on /qst/ of Anonkun or something, but that's just because I'm starving for quests.

Oh my god that is one IMPRESSIVE fuck up.

I have no fucking clue how to run quests dude

Looks like she'll be an oni, since nearly everyone voted for that. Sorry to this user: Maybe next time, m8.

>have a general premise and direction for the story
>players vote on the protagonist's actions, when you deem appropriate
>you describe the results and the actions of other characters in the world
>dice rolling can be included if you want to add an element of chance
BOOM, quest. It's like running an RPG, but with screeching autists as your players. It's up to you, or course, but if you want to get into it's not that hard.

They got a whole module set a while ago. What exactly is the theme, though? Hollywood shenanigans, in-over-their-head mega, Dawkins Group?

>Suggesting quests
Legitimately kill yourself.

I wish shields were more viable than they are. It's bullshit that you can be strong enough to carry a car, but there are no decent shield/gun combos, or even sword and board.

The problem is that standard armour is too good. Some kind of way for it to give hardened armour would be neat, but it doesn't stack super well.

They should just be portable barriers that interferes with all LOS to a minor degree. Yes, that includes magic. (What? Should guns be targetable by magic for shooting around corners? Only for spells targeting the gun, but not the user. Same idea for shields.)

And then there can be bucklers that offer melee protection like countering Reach.

>It's bullshit that you can be strong enough to carry a car
Literally just put handles on a large enough section of the heaviest barrier material you can carry, and game on.

Or better yet, layer enough flattened tires ("cheap material" barrier) to make a thick AF wall of multiple barriers, and watch as anything that hits it passes through each tire layer with -1DV.

You have the rules for this. It's not the game's fault you want it handed to you on a platter with a gear entry plus price and stat line.

Just gonna post an update on this fic/give a brief summary of what I've got to see if I should keep writing when I have time tomorrow (gonnaschleep now, it's past 2 am here in burgerland):

>beta elf; good with computers/hacking, but works at a Stuffer Shack because he's afraid of dangerous jobs
>falls asleep on the job, wakes up to impatient oni ganger poking him
>they recognize each other from high school
>end up seeing each other fairly regularly because oni shops there every couple nights
>shoot the shit, get to know each other; elf gets secret crush on her
>oni grill finds elf getting mugged, beats the shit out of mugger, he owes her a favor now
>about a month later, she asks him to hack her asshole ex boyfriend's computer to get rid of some nudes she sent

This is where I left off, and it's gonna lead into them becoming a thing and eventually becoming runners together. Thoughts?

I need this in my life.

I'm making a character in Chummer, and I'm getting a -1 to Manipulation spell drain if I take Fire-Bringer as a mentor spirit, and I don't know why. I know he gives a +2 bonus for manipulation spells, but I didn't know of any rule that correlates that with drain. What's going on here?

Literally a slice of life anime plot.

That's not strictly a bad thing, but it's definitely something that nobody in their right mind would ever take seriously. Because of that, you may as well just go balls to the wall with it and just entirely forget any notions of the "punk" part of cyberpunk. Just go all in on the sanitized anime angle.

I figured it was gonna get more punkish as it progressed and beta elf found out he could actually do shit with the Matrix and start getting into crime and running with oni chick. As it stands, tho, he's a pussy, hence why he's working at Stuffer Shack/acting like a harem protag

What should I change? I'd prefer for it not to seem like corny shit my dude

What's wrong with quests user? They're fun.

Hey chummers, how goes it?

I've been trying to piece together a homebrew Netrunner RPG built off of the SR5 engine and the Netrunner card game.
Here's what I've got so far, would love some opinions: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RCRQwqKk79p7S4stYY0yAgZJ1nKl_-Wa?usp=sharing

Its far from complete, but I figured I'd run it by you guys. Netrunner general felt like the wrong place to post this, though I might ask them for some lore suggestions.
I'm uploading my reference PDFs as I post too, in case anyone needs/wants Worlds of Android or something.

Genesys uses Android as its cyberpunk setting.

tl;dr version:
Are grids just a hindrance?
Do you play with noise/recoil?
How much of a focus do you put on lifestyle costs/daily upkeep?

I've flipped through it, not a fan.

>beta elf; good with computers/hacking, but works at a Stuffer Shack because he's afraid of dangerous jobs
Literally just a faceless nobody
>falls asleep on the job, wakes up to impatient oni ganger poking him
Too curesy, no ganger is just gonna playfully prod a sleeping Elf faggot.
>they recognize each other from high school
No real bearing on anything
>end up seeing each other fairly regularly because oni shops there every couple nights
Boring, slow progress
>shoot the shit, get to know each other; elf gets secret crush on her
Still boring, also, what the hell would they have to talk about? Nothing in common
>oni grill finds elf getting mugged, beats the shit out of mugger, he owes her a favor now
Kinda contrived.
>about a month later, she asks him to hack her asshole ex boyfriend's computer to get rid of some nudes she sent
And then finally, something moderately interesting happens.

Here's how I would handle the same basic plot:
>Beta Elf who is good with computers works as a wage-slave for [INSERT CORPORATION}
>Despite skill, makes peanuts because he's a pussy; never gets promoted
>One day an Oni chick and her shadowrun team are storming the building while he's the only matrix security professional on shift
>Watches her on security cams as the automated defenses and local security put her group through hell, doesn't have the gonads to interfere
>Eventually she's the last one left, cornered against a security gate
>He finally balls up and just lets her out, saving her life
>She makes it her business to find out who he is and return the favor
>Elf Beta is soon fired and ruined for his betrayal, penniless as fuck
>Oni tracks him down, as a favor to him she starts supporting him as long as he can carry his weight
>Instant mutual attraction, no slow-burn beta progression friend-zone shit.

Elf is still a pussy, but is no longer just an aimless harem mc. They both have some shit going on, they both have a reason to care about one another, and common goals.

AI-autism user, are you alive? I require your aid.

I'm trying to make a Tachikoma tank AI. How do I do this? GMC General Trailer is the vehicle, heavily modified.

docs.google.com/document/d/1BS29RpXycPDac6e-1MuDz5HXknSPTerL7392u1lm_SY/edit

Has anyone seen this thing?

Not him, but same as usual: Depth of 6, Pilot Origins (ground vehicles) II (or II if you have the karma) quality, Designer quality (and make the vehicle your home device) and pump your Piloting and Gunnery skills up to use that tonk like a pro.

Mentor's Mask?

Using a mentor's mask actually does something?

I haven't read Forbidden Arcana yet, I'mt assuming it's something in there.

-1 Drain on spells, +1PP if you're an adept.

How high of Skills do you really need, if you've got max attributes? AFAIK you can just use programs/autosofts, though I'm still not clear on how all that works.

You can indeed just use autosofts, either by running them on the vehicle/drone chassis if there is space beside your virtual ass, or learning them as a Mage would spells and have them run from your core constantly.

An Autosoft (6) would give you a base dicepool of (12+ Pilot Origins rating), wich is decent but not spectacular. It really depends if you want to do mostly dynamic entries with your tonk or spread your skill to do other things than just chases and fusillades.

Honestly, I'd be entirely satisfied with just taking a Dodge General Trailer, Pilot Origins 3 for Walker, slapping Secondary Propulsion Walker on it, taking Sensor Upgrade for SWEET SWEET 8 SENSOR, and Designer, and trying to just be a tachikoma scaled up.

But every time I try to read the AI rules, it hurts.

I have now

Looks OK to me. Intercept is basically AOO, that could make things messy fast.

Lot more to it than intercept, but overall it seems decently well thought out.

Ah, I see what you're talking about.

I'm learning new shit every day and I haven't even finished my first character yet! Anyway, that rule looks optional, so it's likely a lot of GMs won't even allow it, in addition to it also having a strong drawback, I'm just not going to take it.

I'm still chewing on the other stuff. I feel like the Matrix could use a complete do-over, honestly.

That's actually way better than what I had lol

Thanks lad

Grids are annoying, and I breeze through most of them.

My players are minmaxers or smart, so they have something like -6 noise reduction and drones with a satellite links. They also take cover/aim a lot or are 8+ STR so recoil become pointless to track, even though I do anyways.

I put a good amount of focus on their everyday lives, often time having the opening of a session dedicated to the slice of life of a player that I pick at random. Most of them have made enough money where lifestyle isn't an issue, and their runners are running not for survival, but for political/ideological means.

Thanks for the reply and also for posting my favorite R6S operator!

I'll probably be limiting it to just public and global grids.
Noise is reasonable, recoil seems a bit tedious when combat isn't going to be very common.

Do you still charge your players monthly for lifestyle, or is it kinda handwaved? Did they buy their own property or something?

Not at all. During the begin parts of the campaign, they were struggling to get by with the shitty jobs they were given, so they decided to prove themselves by taking high risk high reward runs. Eventually, they earned the money and set up their families before the current and final campaign arc. To earn that money, they actively dismantled one of the major criminal syndicates in the New York/New Jersey area in the span of two days during a gang war that they started and stole their physically stashed wealth (roughly 4 and half million dollars worth of orichalcum). A lot of them don't think they're going to make it through the civil war in Havana and to be honest I plan on trying to kill at least one of them for drama purposes.

Also, their homebase was Z-Zone stuff that they ended up attracting enough people that it eventually became a gang neighborhood. Due to purchases, their living was Medium/High, while the neighborhood was living Low/Medium. Nobody fucked with them cause obviously they earned a reputation of being hyper-militarized operators.

It got funny, the Adept's niece became a Shadowrunner at 16 because her only influence was him, even though he did his best to keep her from that life but failed horribly.

Sounds like one hell of a game you got running, hope you can manage a crazy dramatic finish.

I've got three players, so I'm probably just going to start them all as flatmates in Squatter/Low.
I really like the idea of a tribe of followers building up around the runners, a pseudo-village within a city.

Thanks for the insight and best of luck killing your crew!

Soo since both are currently -89% on steam,
Dragonfall or Hong Kong ?

Also how is the shadowrun 2050 book ?

meant -80%
Potato potahto.

That sounds super interesting. Do you ever plan on storytiming it?

Combat is just a little more polished and fleshed out in HK, but the UI got slightly jankier somehow. Pick whichever setting you like more.

Both you fool.

Obviously.
I'm a poorfag.

I'm also a poorfag. I got both.

Really it's a toss up, because Dragonfall has better female runners for your team, but Hong Kong has better male runners.

give me your steam ID, i feel generous