Alright Veeky Forums- How fucking lore savvy are you?

Alright Veeky Forums- How fucking lore savvy are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

qdb.us/15457
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like, two.

Ask me any thing

Which Demon Lord of the Abyss automatically danms your soul to his plane through automatic unavoidable death in one year if you learn it's true name?

touché

just the elderscrolls, and even then I avoid the more recent MKisms like c0da

Well, it's one of the mainstream ones, but if you want to find out, look it up in Polyhedron.

As for the other one- Which Demon Lord of the Abyss has it's true full name published as an example of True-name usage?

Who is the character acting as the example for the female Dread Necromancer from Heroes of from?

What Classic stock undead has the actual ecological capacity to become Elder Evil by cheating, following a loophole in how it gains power, shown in-game canon no less?

Okay then- Did you know Mannimarco's association with Molag Bal for was hinted at as far back as TESIV? There are actually occasional Altars to the Daedra found in dedicated Necromancer Dungeons in the game, a small detail that many people fail to notice
Were you aware of the fact that the very nature of the Amulet of Worms is a perfect Candidate for a potential Phylactery?
Did you know there is actually a PS3 Exclusive TESIV Oblivion with KOTN feature for Vampirism that has you gain 20% Sunlight resistance ability to your sunlight damage weakness if you stand in sunlight for hours on end, chugging Duplicated Alchemy whore healing potions? (I've not been able to replicate this in the PC version Sadly, so I've no clue if it was removed in a Patch, was featured with KOTN on PC or simply is not on the PC version, it's a fucking mystery to me, and no one believes me on the matter because of how LONG it took to get this thing.

qdb.us/15457

I'm pretty lore savvy about the Dark Souls world. I used to be savvy about Exalted, but then the lore changed when we hit 3e and I haven't caught back up. I'm decently savvy about the StarCraft lore.

Who is this? GRIS is useless.

>I'm pretty lore savvy about the Dark Souls world

I feel like you can't really get deep with Dark Souls lore. Once you know the surface level plot/backstory of the game with Gwyn and co, there isn't really any depth you can go to that isn't just theorycrafting about intentionally vague snippets form item descriptions.

Depends on the setting

The item descriptions tend to be very informative when taken together. You get lots of information about distant lands you never visit, about the cultures of past civilizations and so forth. There's tons of videos online that get into all this, though VaatiVidya is definitely my favorite.

Polyhedron's out of print, right?

I'm pretty savvy with Endless lore, other than that not really.

I don't know pretty much any TTRPG relevant lore because everyone in my group that GMs (me included) never fucking uses shit that isn't their own snowflake setting material. Which really fucking sucks, because one of my biggest pet peeves in all of Veeky Forums is playing a smart, worldly character and having to ask the GM every twenty seconds if I know something about what's currently going on. I already avoid reading enemy and magic item stat blocks for shit I'm not currently using in a game I'm running so that I can't metagame, so please, LET ME KNOW WHAT MY CHARACTER KNOWS ABOUT THE WORLD HE'S IN. PLEASE.

I'm kind of lore savvy about ancient mythology, mostly Norde and some Greek.

I played a lot of Age of Mythology and read a lot of random mythology childrens' books as a kid.

how did you find that bug in the first place? Wouldn't people be able to find it by looking through the code? Can't someone just make a script or something to chug potions and stand in the sunlight to prove this?

Why would that stop you?

I know the entire 80,000 year history of home brew fantasy world. My players would know a good chunk of it as well, if they ever did their assigned reading between games.

>How fucking lore savvy are you?

I know a lot about the settings I'm actually interested, so:
Pokemon, Dark Souls, and Warcraft you could basically ask me almost anything and I'm confident I'd have a satisfying or at least 'decent' answer. I know those might not be the 'best' settings to possess an encyclopedic awareness of, but we can't exactly help what we get obsessed about now can we?

How does a male Wailord mate with a femal Skitty?

Personal Lore Power Rankings
GROGNARD TIER
Glorantha, Greyhawk, Rokugan (up to Day of Thunder)_
FATBEARD TIER
Young Kingdoms, Cthulhu Mythos, Spelljammer
JOURNEYMAN TIER
Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun(early)
POSEUR TIER
Golarion, Shadowrun
NOD AND LAUGH LIKE I KNOW WHATS GOIN ON TIER
Talislanta, Jorune, Eberron

Would honestly like to know which demon lords these are from which edition, I thought I was decently lore-savvy with them.

I play bards so I can invent my own instead.

gee, which demon lord is affiliated with death...?

>look it up in Polyhedron

Maybe my google-fu is retarded but I literally don't know what this is.

Based. Endless lore is legit.

It's Orcus, right?

The unavoidable no-saves Death curse is Juiblex, part of a questline presented in Polyhedron where some wizard comes across it, and An heroes and uses the name to shove the Demon Lord in a crown, and now everyone is scrambing to get it because of an inheritance issue gone wrong because of a message not getting across- it runs across 2 or three issues.
Orcus had his Truename Published in Dragon Magazine, it's long as fuck though.
I was Playing a Vampire PC and stumbled on it using the scroll tap-duplication glitch to power-level Alchemy- I used shitloads of potions to effectively traverse the entire game in the sunlight as a vamp, then I ran across it.

Also, you know that flavour text with a necromancer cutting into you in broad Daylight? That's supposed to kill you, or at least it does in the PS3 Version, that, or it kicked in conveniently at the moment of my death ingame and made me think otherwise.
It's a Magazine like Dragon and Dungeon Magazine, but it also covered other game systems, I don't have all of them as not all of them are .PDF'd (Not entirely certain if this is because of the possibility not all of the issues were primarly D&D) There was also an article in it with Elminster Warning people of a local cult of Dopplegangers under Illithid Control in the mountains and the first instance (Or second) of the Black Cauldron being used in D&D (A D&D version of the Black cauldron story as a quest, an artefact later was mentioned in Van Richten's guide and then statted in a D&D 3.5 issue with a Cauldron-spanw template to boot.)

Also, I should note that the glitch/hidden feature because the Vampirism scripts in TESIV are confirmed to be broken (The shader for you burning in the sunlight and even the bloom on it had to be fixed with a fucking Script extender .dll and Mod .ESP, just to give you a perspective on how badly made it was) I would not be surprised if this sort of thing really was unique to the Ps3 version, because of how it's set up, amongst other things.

The flavour text that comes up in the window DOES mention soming along the likes of "because of your something- basking in the sunlight-" Going on to talk about how you got that little benefit to your current state.

I do remember in that save I counteracted the condition at the fort located from the Innsmouth/RE4/Cut-content Sload village- so that is probably important, but the thing to note is that between usign the wait menu and actually playing the game, I'm fairly certain you have to have this occur by playing the game in realtime, but again, I'm sure I only ever got this to occur once or twice, and I'm positive it's not on the PC version.

If I were to try it again on the PC, I'd install the game and try to find out what patch the PS3 Version with KOTN was on and play using that version respectively- Which also begs the question if it was made using the DLC during it's free phase, which could hint at it being a different version from the one people attain nowadays.