Weapon Art thread

I think the other guy got lost, so I'll start it. Going to do some pics of rare/neat ammo types and some useful diagrams to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1248
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huolongjing
youtube.com/watch?v=MTh0EMAH99A
youtube.com/watch?v=eu87AxzBf3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Telescoping plastic cased ammunition is showing a lot of promise in testing at this time.

In case you ever wondered how your average 40mm round works...

I need to dig around and find out if this thing ever made it to marker. The only comparable thing out there is that odd stacked optic by Leupold.

The very rare 10mm MP-5

Rumor has it a couple of these got converted over to that experimental .224 Boz round that never saw the light of day. It used a 10mm casing necked down to fire a .223 (5.56) projectile at insane velocities. It was supposedly able to defeat some hard vehicle armor when using steel core ammo.

Cut away of a couple common 40mm grenades.

I've been waiting on pricing on this fucking thing for over a year. Sadly I'm starting to think it's vaporware. Damn shame, if the ballistics on it lived up to the hype, this thing would change how we look at handguns. Plus, it looks like what you would get if you had asked cold-war soviets to design a handgun for fucking robocop.

>.50 tround
Dardick made a .50 caliber gun?

Practical? Who cares, aesthetic as hell.

I don't think Dardick was involved so much as it was the inspiration.

Pic is of a Pike guided missile. Basically its a miniaturized hellfire that can be fired from infantry grenade launchers and guided to target via laser. I think the range is in excess of a kilometer. I want boxes of these for shoulder mount so I can do an Itano circus.

This bit of crazy was a man portable 20mm cannon designed by a South African weapons firm. Interesting design with the off-set firing controls.

Another interesting experimental ammo design. As polymer casings become more viable and common I think things like this will start popping up more.

Why long rod penetrators are fucking scary.

/k/

Thank you District 9 for introducing me to that crazy South African bolter.

>Dardick

I love those things.

Is there a name for a long-hafted sword / short shafted spear like what is shown in this pic?

Previous thread:

Just dropping in to say that your OP pic looked like some sort of condom acupuncture from the thumbnail.
Carry on.

Nagamaki is the Japanese versions. Maybe call it a swordstaff?
myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1248

These are a great idea until you have the durr moment and your nose itches LOL

I've always thought pile bunkers were cool.

Well, the THV was originally developed by the french to defeat soft body armor, so it is in the spirit of penetration :)

I seem to be getting non-stop captcha's of french street signs tonight.

Chicom's actually issue these to some units.

>shit that never existed

And that's all I've really got on this machine. May post more tomorrow.

Yeah they did. The rocketbird is probably the most interesting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huolongjing

Inverse Bayonet- instead of a blade attached to a gun, it's a gun attached to a blade.

What's the deal with those rings? They're pretty, but they seem like a good way to break, deglove, or lose an index finger.

Siderings are for improving your sense of feel with a weapon. Your fingertips are the most sensitive part of your hand, and the sidering facilitates you getting more of that in contact with the rest of your hand. It's important for swordplay that relies on blade-to-blafe contact like rapier styles.

I'm sorry, what's going on with the right hand bullet? Is it like a stack of three that end of flying in a close pattern like a small blast?

It's just a bunch of bullets in one case. Look up the US Army's development of the 'Duplex' bullets if you're interested. Spoiler: They were bad.

Why is the bomb in a cage?
Has it not been tamed?
Did it misbehave?

He is prone to explosive outbursts.

So a mark 1 design boltgun?

Glaive would be the general weapon type but there are a lot of varieties.

no spoon side?

man he got blown the fuck out harder than whoever got hit by that explosive bird.

Not him but the US military did try a few experiments with the concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTh0EMAH99A

Read a book.

youtube.com/watch?v=eu87AxzBf3Y

Here's a video of it being used.

youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y

Bonus round: a video detailing some stuff about a previous 20mm rifle, the round of which was used as the basis of the 20mm grenades in the PAW20.

Rings on a sword are good ways to protect fingers.

Literally how complex hilts on swords started.

>mfw I can finally use my multi-spec warrior, blacksmith, farmer, stone carver, litter cleaner without switching gear all the time.

Always had a fondness for combination guns like the Vierling

Lot of 2h swords were designed to be gripped by a long part of the blade.

Probably for easier storage and handling. Also creates extra shrapnel when exploded.

>Obrez'd revolver shotgun
I too love breaking my wrists

So you can stack them.

It's beautiful.

Project SALVO was a product of such unbridled autism I'm not sure how anyone let it get as far as it did.

>our men got more kills in firefights where more rounds were fired
>therefore more rounds in the air is the reason
>MORE ROUNDS

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb

>swiss pikemen

icanonlygetsoerect.jpg

Hasn't that shit been showing a lot of promise since the 60s?

It's just that because there is already so much industry set up for traditional rounds those are cheap and avaliable so noone can be arsed setting up for mass production of something totally new.

Really not a fan of that bad shop of an MTs-255.

The idea is still cool though I guess. Maybe the extra weight of a cylinder would stop you smashing yourself in the face with the muzzle flip like you are at huge risk with the Rossi 12 gauge pistol.

It's had serious problems for a long time with stuff like throat erosion since the bullet isn't already seated in the barrel when the round is chambered and the fact that it doesn't provide benefits compared to standard cased cartridges when made of brass, but plastics have always been either weak and brittle or prohibitively expensive up until recently.

The economy of scale around traditional cased cartridges contributes to the relatively low interest and amount of money invested in polymer cased telescopic cartridges, but now that we have LSAT, it's not going to be long before PCT ammunition becomes the standard.

In a country where men are manly enough to fire a stockless 4ga shotgun that weighs under 8 pounds, I don't think anyone's giving a fuck about a sawed off 12ga.

Needs a wine bottle opener.

The good bombs get to ride on the bird.

>Arcane Metal Piercing
France confirmed to be the only nation who survives when the Magi come.

That's how you take down a Sorceror

you fucking heard me right motherfucker

anyone have any nice cutlases?

That one's on the other end of the pole and not pictured.

That's just silly.

Is that a big gun, or a small girl?

It's a big gun for you.

It's pretty big and absurdly expensive.

Judging by the flat sheet metal used for the guard and the tip-thingy it's a cheap prop, souvenir, or some such.

Here's a more proper one, skipping the tip thingy, but you get a bunch of mini axe blades added instead.

Silver one looks pretty good.