Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Lament Of Relevance edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Space Skaven
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved full Strats, Traits, Relics, Powers, and Reece Spin lmao
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Dunked Peaches, he thinks tan people look like they've been flayed.
youtube.com/watch?v=CuPSbjAjhKQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadians-5-models
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Black Templars are the largest single chapter.

Weren't they all just slain to a man failing to protect Cadia?

That was just the local Black Templar Crusade. Helbrecht wasn't even at Cadia

Most up to date lore has them at codex compliant with 1000 marines

Why are the Night Lords so much better than other legions?

then most up to date lore is HERESY

Suspension of disbelief is strained with some of the 8th edition rules.

Stand back, brother, best legion coming through.

I like these. What bodies are those?

They look like regular guardsmen.

>legion
I knew those vampire sissy faggots couldn't stay uncorrupted!

Well the green is only on the Shas'ui
I was told the Black would be the best colour for the soft armour. I did Yellow because i didn't know what to paint the decorations to make them pop out. The Teal is just the colour of the hooves. I didn't know what to paint the hands so i went with a neutral grey.

>Night lords better than other legions
>When salamanders live
enjoy your booping heretic

The bottom portion was meant for Looks like the special 'no-glue' cadians
games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadians-5-models

Yeah, like said. They were the monopose Cadians, I just sliced the heads off and used a dremel with the plastic/wood grinding bits. It's the perfect size for GW's heads to fit into

Where are his sponsons?

Is it possible to do a mech spam list with tau? And if so is it any good? I don’t have the models/time to test it right now

user, you don't understand. Rhino sniping was theoretically possible, so we had to buff Assassin spam despite Rhino-sniping being trivially easy to block and a maneuver never actually performed in-game.

is it possible? of course. Or do you mean is it viable? To which I reply
>how's riptide spam in 8th?
I actually don't know since I haven't played 8th yet

guy who's saying you can block a tank in with 2 models, diagram it for me in ms paint please

If anyone is looking to add cheap Gue'vesa to their list, the Monopose Cadians are 20$ for 10.

A fire warrior box is 36$, but comes with options for 10 Breachers and 10 Fire Warriors, take the head and shoulder pad, sand down one of the cadian's shoulders so it will fit, and do the heads like I described above.
Bam. Two full squads of infantry, and you have a fluffy addition to your dudes that looks pretty neat.

Scions also work for this. My Gue'vesa'ui is made from one

I posted that and now I want to go do models with the old BA color themes

I asked this last night and got no response, anyone know how to fix the links in the EPUB3s when converting with Prince? The clickable boxes are far larger than the text they are supposed to contain.

But then what do you do with the fire warrior bodies?

Gonna tag along on this and recommend these as possible Kroot Hound substitutes.

It's referring to the fact that you can't target characters if there is a unit between your shooting unit and said character, even if the enemy unit that is preventing you from targeting a character is fully obscured.
A character standing out in the open cannot be targeted, even if, optically, there is nothing else to shoot at.

You make Breachers or Fire Warriors.

You'll have 30 weapon sets (10 rifles, 10 carbine, 10 shotguns) and 20 heads+shoulderpads, but only 10 bodies+legs. You'll always have extra
I like Kroot too much to use those. Wish they'd expand on them

rules abstraction

Mech spam, particularly Riptides, was such an annoyance in 7th that said mechs were nerfed 6 feet under. I haven't seen a single unpainted Tau army in my Store for months and it is G L O R I O U S !

Mechtau are the new thing. Hammerheads, fire warriors/breachers in devilfish, and Kroot for board control.

Venerable Dreadterminaut

Wait what? I cant seem to find 36$ fire warriors. and the ones i see are only 10 men

Might wanna do somethin bout the tits on that former seeker

>"Fuck, I dropped my Storm Bolter! Brother Virgil, could you pick it up for me?"

Post your favorite work of 40k art.

They did touch the main rules. In fact, they fucked up the character targeting rules EVEN MORE! Yay!

what model is that? I might need to pick one up

Holy fuck they're 50$ now. Even more reason to use the extra bits. And yes. 10 men, with options to build them 3 ways. Don't know how to explain it better.

Its defined in the "Chapter Approved" book, explicitly stating that even if the unit 'blocking' the character is fully obscured, the character can still not be targeted.
It's just getting to the "too fucking stupid" range of suspension of disbelief for me.

The sucker punch gets me every time.

What're the new rules?

The way you explained it is you said it makes 10 Fire warriors and 10 breachers. which would be 20 bodies.

Google chapter approved review, there've been a few people who went through advanced copies.

If you want, you can try and find the old 16 man boxes on eBay, they just have less poses.

Orks are great,I dont get what all the bitching is about

I almost win every game I play with them

What's your list? Matched or Open play?

You can no longer target characters if ANY enemy model is closer. Giant enemy character is in the middle of the open? Fuck you, they have one guardsman sitting completely out of vision one mm closer.

No that was retconned back in 8th.

Yeah, I guess so. Didn't even notice that before, thanks. It's a Knarloc Rider, since GW won't make them anymore

problem is anything besides boyz is weak

And using 2 rhinos to block line of sight so you can snipe a character is less immersion breaking?

How do Terminators reload their bolters with powerfists?

>Matched Play games get a lot of attention, too. There are some fairly large shake-ups. For one, the Character targeting rule changed, disallowing you from targeting them if any enemy models are closer, whether they are visible or not. This is both good and bad, as for one, a hidden unit closer to you stops you form shooting a character in the wide open which is annoying, but it also prevents “Rhino-scoping” which is intentionally moving models to block your line of sight to anything but a character, thereby getting around the old Character protection rules, which was also mega annoying. -Reecius

Why? It looks like mustard is your sept color, and rank is usually denoted by sept color.

I mean, they're your dudes, though.

>open play
why would you

he doesn't use them

>almost win
i see what you did there

The problem is that they're fairly monobuild, even though that one happens to be just fine.

Hyper Adaptive biology.
Does it only happen once (ie. The first phase during the game in which it takes damage) or does it happen each turn (ie. the first phase of each turn in which it takes damage)?

Where can I find color meanings for tau?

I play open play all the time, things like planetfall, stronghold assault and apocalypse games are super fun

my favourite scenario is the spacestation low-grav mission from crusade of fire

If by Mech spam you mean Commander Suit spam and or Y'varha spam, it's great.
If you mean standard Crisis, Hazards, Broadsides, Riptides, Stealth Suits, Storm Surges, Supremacy Armors, or R'varnas...
Not so much. I guess stealth suits are ok.

I saw the thumbnail and got really excited for a second.

from what i am seeing the Shas'ui usually has a different shoulder than the rest of the squad to denote that. Also i dont know what colour to paint the decorations to make them stand out.

Because Matched Plays rules on psykers is a straight up gimping for GK.

The last stand of crimson fists also impresses me every time I see it
But this here is a great portrayal of the Tau, hard to make choices for favorites

>Does it only happen once
Yes, but the only reason I'm sure about that is that is how GW described it working in their hive fleet preview.

WAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!

Makes more sense than not shooting during your shooting phase at all because the unit of space marines behind a wall is closer to you than a character that's in the middle of a fuckin field.
Rhino scoping made more sense than just NOT shooting at all because hidden units in the shadows.

Has their been any major tourneys since the release of the Tyranid codex? If so, how did they do?

I did it - I gave up Space Marines for Drukhari.

Someone pointed out to me that even if Blood Angels get a bonus to wound, they're still space marines.

It's like putting a V8 on a ford fiesta.

I wanted a real assault army - but not Nids.

Maybe I've made a big mistake, maybe not. But I do know that even after 7 years - the Dark Eldar line still holds up. Damn, those are some sexy models.
And the other thing that is nice is they aren't a bandwagon army.

Armor color doesn't matter to tau, only the sept marking color. Their sept marking color is basically their version of chapter emblems.

You can't pivot, having two of them on the opposite faces means you can't rotate.

Forge world give me Culln in the morning plz

Rhino scoping can be narratively explained (loosely) whereas a lone target not being able to be fired at can't.

Gosh Dorn it.

My bad I guess.
Those sculpts are horrid. Over half of them have their left thigh armor fucked beyond repair. The grooves where the armor segments is literally inside out, and most are also slipped and not symmetrical. But the old Bonding Knives are dope, and the shoulder pads actually have more detail than the new ones. Might grab one for conversion bits, thanks for the reminder

I get what the comic represents, I'm saying the rule change was stupid.
So make it so that you can't target characters if there are closer enemy units obstructed visually only by friendly models.

You might be able to get the Zealot Miniatures Kroot Hounds. They were a limited run, but they did them at least twice and you might be able to inquire about them.

If you think those circles on the corner prevent it from moving diagonally you don't understand how tangencies work.

Best edition right here.

Thought so.
Watching a battle report and the nid player is going to add 1 toughness each turn his guy takes damage.

Why did they need to change the plague burst crawler in chapter approved if they never even released it?

counterclockwise you could. try it out rotate the rectangle in paint it won't clip the circles.

Please yes.

Don't be stupid. It happens at the end of the FIRST phase in which you suffer any wounds. Not the second phase, not the third phase. The FIRST.

It's not at all clear to me from the wording of the text, but GW described some T7 bug being T8 for the rest of the battle. So, in my mind, that means it only works once. Needs an faq.

trust me if its mirrored properly you can't rotate clock wise or counter clockwise.

Ah a fisting fan i see

they did user. I have one on my desk.

If this is real I hope it's 40k and not just a shitty 30k model that no one cares about. It does look resin, though.

>Needs an faq.

>wording says it happens at the end of the first phase

>wording never implies it triggers again

>"does this happen multiple times? needs an faq!"

it amazes me how a hobby like wargaming which requires literacy supports so many illiterate wargamers

> 3rd party.

Looks plastic to me, but lighting is pretty bad

oh my mistake I thought it meant hauler