Why is Yugioh art so much better than Magic art?

Why is Yugioh art so much better than Magic art?

Yugioh thread

90%+ of Yugioh art is awful tripe, typically just the monster over a splash of color and a funky pattern. It's really only the cards with -actual- art that don't look like complete trash, and even then the fuckhuge text boxes with twelve thousand lines of text to say shit like "This guy can do awesome thing, but only once a turn" shrinks any visible art into something so fucking tiny it hurts.

When it comes to Isolde specifically and Noble Knights in general, they're just so aggressively mediocre it fucking hurts. I mean shit, Isolde specifically searches a Noble Knight (well, a Warrior) to hand on summon, but you can't summon that guy in any way, shape or form at all that turn (even before she's summoned, due to the current translation of her wording). You can also special summon a Warrior from deck, but you gotta dump Equip Spells from your deck into your graveyard equal to it's level, meaning a) you gotta be running at least 4 uniquely named Equips in your deck and hope you don't draw one or more, b) you can't drop Gwenhwyfar for this as much as you really, really want to, and c) none of the Noble Arms effects to re-attach would trigger, so you gotta either have a Peredur and equip, a Last Chapter in hand for when Isolde inevitable gets pasted with it's whopping 1600 ATK, or overextend into an Artorigus Xyz and hope your opponent doesn't have any negation available for his effect.

For fuck's sake, I love me some Arthurian legend, and the concept of the Noble Knights, but they're just so over-designed garbage when it comes to actual play it hurts. At least Kozmo not only hit that science-fantasy itch that Phantasy Star Online left behind while also being -actually- playable for a while.

Stop with this bullshit artwork. MTG had shit art when it started and Yugioh had shit art when it started out. Both card games have dramatically improved art as of right now.

Yeah, but current Yugioh art looks a lot better than current Magic art.

Honestly, I've never had problems with monsters with no real backgrounds. Backgrounds aren't necessary and it mostly happens on cards from the anime or manga. Sure, monsters with backgrounds tend to look a lot better than the ones without.

why do yugioh cards never state the artist? alll it says is Kazuki Takahashi. Seems like this guy produced literally everything about this whole game to 100%. From harvesting the paper for the cards, to packaging the boosterpacks and finally putting them on the storeshelves, this dude is the santaclaus of Trading Card Games it seems.

I can nitpick too

Oh what do you know, its almost like card art gets better as time passes and one game doesn't have objectively better art than another.
Who'da thought

Honestly, I like old Yugioh art better.

Ew. These are like Hitler's paintings, they appear to follow all the rules of good painting, but they actually really flawed.

MTG art became shit when they went away from hand drawn/painted. YGO has always been weeb trash.

perfect way of describing the new mtg art.

I like it.

dice+2d6

Not every deck needs to be great. I actually like these shitty deck support cards because my friends don't like playing high tier yugioh because it's pretty shitty right now.

Lorywn had the last good art.

lol isn't yu-gi-oh a eternal format? How can it be shit "right now"?

I said "high tier yugioh". Mostly referring to shit like SPYRALS, Pen Magician, Trickstars, and other goofy/obscene things.

If you weebs had any kind of other format like EDH you'd have more players you know.

My LGS only buys one case of the new set when it comes out because the player base is so damn low.

There have been a few decent exceptions, Barger is my favorite of the relatively new artists. Shame about the cancer

There's GOAT format which people seem to enjoy. I'd heard a lot of people say they want a plant synchro format so that might spring up sometime soon. Most of the people that I know that play Yugioh play Duel Links or Duelist Legacy which is it's own sort of "Old School" format.

Yu-Gi-Oh EDH is Called Force of Will, Rudy keeps wanting it to be a thing for some reason.

No seriously, it's MTG with a 60 card main deck, 20 card mana deck a commander and the rest plays out exactly like mtg.

Magic had great art in the past.

Now it all looks like Deviantart shit

Reminder.

I know what fow is user, I collected up to moa but it was only me and another freind of mine, we did so because we thought Battle for Zendikar was ass and went to to something new for a bit.
at least we still have Neilsen.

nice try faggot.

To be fair, most of the digital art looks really sweet in large format/ high res. But it looks really bad squeezed onto a tiny card with the shitty generic modern frame

There are other formats, they're just nowhere near as popular, and rarely ever take off.

Lol

>stupid goofy art, meant for children
pic related is an actual yugioh card, meant for REGULAR PLAY
i think you got the two games confused on your pic

There's a reason Arc-V is considered the worst anime of all time

That was a baitpost, retardo

Nope. Magic art peaked 5-15 years ago. It's starting to get better, though.

Cute.

>falling for bait after it was pointed out as bait

see pic

>Declared he won't bother with Force of Will Anymore
>Makes more videos about Force of Will anyway

I wonder if him getting burned by Force of Will last year has turned him into a masochist

That's why he's now stuck with a warehouse of Iconic Masters

Because Japanese cartoons have better art than Western cartoons with the noteworthy exception of Disney. Compare the best selling non-Disney American animated film (The Simpsons movie) to the best selling Japanese animated film (Your Name).

Your Name is the best selling now? Last I checked it was Spirited Away or some other Miyazaki movie. Your Name was pretty good though, I can understand that.

Reminder that yugioh cardfus>magic cardfus

>A warehouse of unsold Iconic Masters, XY Evolutions, and Force of Will sealed products

I wouldn't even wish my worst enemies that

true

Why does Veeky Forums never have yugioh threads?

Because Veeky Forums hates any card game that isn't Magic or a LCG.

Because magicfags cannot accept the true best Cardgame

Because YGO is trash and anything outside the generals gets drowned out by unlimited bait works.

if YGO is trash then what is mtg?

Trash that's popular enough to warrant a general and bait, just like D&D and Warhammer.

They're mostly in /v/ to avoid mtg shiposting

Veeky Forums*

Because magic stopped commissioning work from good artists years ago, aside from the occasional terese nielsen piece in a supplemental set (and never a main set, for some reason).
YGO isn't much better, but at least weeb art is harder to fuck up.

hahahahahaha dd and warhammer both do not deserve to get their boots licked by trading card games. funnily enough both are garbage completely divorced from the creative beauty that made them great in the current year.

Wait, I thought Silent Magician was a dude...

The art was just so bad that it looked like a mess
Really glad that they revisit old archetypes occasionally even if it's just virtue signaling

GIFF BALANCED FORMATS

Hence why I called them trash, popular trash that's good for multiple generals and shitposting, but trash nonetheless.

There are better alternatives sure, but being better doesn't matter if you're irrelevant to the genre.