EDH/Commander/Un-Trash Fire

EDH/Commander General
Sheldon Kills the Format Edition edition

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Thoughts on Unsets being made legal in Commander?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cretaceous-charge/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

See you guys in 3 months.

lol you're a huge dork, holy shit

So are Un set rares now gonna be worth something? EDH is notorious for driving singles prices up.

Any bets on how much money the RC faggots took to push the Un- set? My guess is they're dumb enough to think this is actually a good idea

>Almost finished foiling out every card I can in my Karlov deck
>Uncards declared legal

S-should I?

Where were you when the Un-Set autist got completely and irrevocably destroyed?

>Say that to my face motherfucker and not on line and see what happens
Mate. Take a fucking step back and look at yourself. Seriously! You've pretty much just directly confirmed that you're an Internet Tough Guy (TM) with that one statement alone

LGS has commander with prizes.
Picked up a copy of nerf wars to try to get people to concede before i blast the fuck out of their deck with a nerf machine gun.

Fucking 10/10 rules.

Wait, fuck, I didn't pay any attention to the Un-set spoilers and didn't know about this card.

WHY does the only Rakdos commander I'm actually interested in building have to be in a joke set? Son of a bitch. I don't like the combine thing, but the grave robbing and menace is fucking tight.

The format is in pure anarchy, if there's any time to do it, it's now lad.

What they REALLY should do is to do this move for exactly one month every year during December- call it Magical Christmas Land and have the Silver border come in. The store promotional cards are silver bordered after all.

You see this? This what I'll do to your lower class, you just gonna talk shit on the internet to save from an embarassing ass beating?

She's legal to play now, all silver bordered cards just got made legal in commander. Build her to your heart's content.

>WHY does the only Rakdos commander I'm actually interested in building have to be in a joke set?

Because it's a rules nightmare. Don't pout though, they just announced that every silver-bordered card is temporarily legal in EDH (with the exception of a few preemptive bans).

I think it'll be funny for a few games but every time after a fucking headache and pure distilled unfun.

And with that, the last bit of confidence I had in the rules committee vanished.

CRAWWWWWLLLLLING IN MY SKIINNNNNNN
THESE WOUNDSSSSS THEY WILL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLL

>you just gonna talk shit on the internet to save from an embarassing ass beating?
Funny, coming from the guy talking shit on the internet to save himself from an embarrassing ass beating.

Dude. Seriously. Take a step back, and try to look at what you're saying from an objective stance. The way you're acting could be a textbook case of being an internet tough guy (Assuming anyone cared enough to write a book on that) and the fact that you were calling people who disagreed with you "Internet tough guys" makes you a massive hypocrite.
Not to mention you didn't even DO it right!

Why are cEDH lists in love with crop rotation? I never see it talked about anywhere.

I'm almost sure my group will disregard this decision and play like we always do.
As long as their decks are double sleeved I don't see why anyone would scoop to this, I still expect and commander nights to see a massive drop or possibly increase if enough retards think like this in attendance

>Unset cards temporarily legal
>retarded idiot losing his mind about it
>resorts to posturing like a tough guy and fucking sucking at it
This format fucking rules

Why would they not be? It tutors for any land untapped for G at instant speed. Imagine tapping your basic forest to pull out Cradle.

Because it scales with the number of ridiculously powerful lands you have, and the higher up you go in "competitiveness", the higher the number of lands that do something.

Jesus this place is full of pussies, man up or sit the fuck down while the big boys talk

Can Possibility Storm stop Krosan Grip with its triggered ability?

Nerf War doesn't give any restrictions about what other players are allowed to do while you fire at the library, so it's probably legal to block shots.

It feels more like a giant shitpost than being serious. I have never seen anyone on here taken seriously about threats like that

Look at you. You look pathetic. Just because you can't rip up cards you don't like. Keep suckling you mom's teat until
you grow up and learn to tie your own fucking shoelaces. I've seen children in elementary school capable of better threats than you.

Dude. Seriously. Stop. You're acting like a goddamn stereotype of the exact thing you called people out as being. Is this your literal first time online? Have you been in a coma since 2003?

Yes.

Yes

Triggered abilities aren't activated abilities. Read the card.

It's like someone was given a checklist for how to be an internet tough guy and was told to do everything on that list.

I can only see you fags trying to act like tough guys. If the liquor store is too scary for you bitches I'll meet you at the local park

Mother of God, if we are using uncards, we have to use unrules too. Half a Mana is now a real thing, and your cards could get shuffled into an opponents deck or hand (make sure to use different colored sleeves) Current English oracle text of cards is also useless, you use whatever values are printed on the card (important for rare be gone and artists, along with flavor text). Hope you guys with foreign language cards actually understand your foreign languages, since that flavor text is now important, and yes, IT IS usually different from the English versions flavor text (see German unlimited demonic tutor).

Protect your assholes boys and girls, we bringing unrules out. Hope you are prepared for half hour long translation hunts and rules debates.

Careful not to get your cards and your anus ripped apart while there at this time of the night big boy.

Fuck this shit. Looks like for the next two months I'll have to ask "are you playing any silver borders?" before every game.

So they only did this so that Wizards would actually sell Unstable packs, right? Because no one I have talked to has been interested in Unstable.

>that image
>that post

Hey, since your head is shoved a foot up your own ass why don't you tell us how it smells?

Mate. YOU are the one calling people out saying "Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.", YOU were the one that said "I'm still going to tear up cards of anyone who plays joke cards. Sheldon is a faggot but that's no surprise" and started this whole charade, and YOU have been the ONLY one who has acted even REMOTELY mad. Like at all. It's a goddamn embarrassment, And I humbly request someone screencap this shit.

I'll just tear up your shit faggot. I'll also be fucking your mothers at the same time while your dad rims my ass

>play edh purely on cockatrice
Oh boy, they found a way of making Hell even worse

Not working on me

If I wanted to spend money on cards that will be illegal in a month I would play standard

you fags want downvotes on Veeky Forums so bad you'll irreversibly tank a thread just to stick it to an obvious troll.

How do I best build an extremely budget ($30 for the whole thing + cards I own) group hug deck? The goal isn't even to win, I just want to calm people down after I play a game or two of hard control.

I'm sure all of reddit will be buying unstable if they're not too busy with that e-celeb bullshit

Hey underagefag how's puberty treating you?

Also
>tumblr

I'm more just astonished on how goddamn sterotypical this git is acting. It's like he's actually a 12 year old who just discovered the internet for the first time, Complete with Casual racist remarks, an entirely unnecessary gif from a notoriously bloody game, and him saying "I fucked your mom"

Wowee it's like I took a time machine back to 2006.

Hey kid, u mad bro? U mad? Keep making those threats man you're cracking us all up here.

Unstable truly is a gift to us mortals.

>mfw the un-cards aren't even in xmage
This is going to be interesting.

Again. Someone please screencap this moron's bullshit from this and the previous thread. It's something that's worth preserving

I-I was interested in buying two boxes for drafting and Cube.

>yet another entry into the Great Big Book of /edh/ Fuck-Ups
Never change, Veeky Forums.

Onlinefags and bootleg onlinefags eternally btfo

Of course you're a weeb, no wonder you won't fight because you're not even fit enough to get out of your basement
The only gift I'm giving is the ass beating of a lifetime and you don't want it because you are a fucking coward

I'm not worried about. I honestly doubt the guy is going to program them in, as I would assume he doesn't want to deal with the fucking nighmare that would be their rules automation.

>gulping the bait down
>thinking its worth screencapping
How new are you?

Unless the lands exceed the price of packs on the aftermarket I couldn't give a single solitary fuck about Unstable outside of maybe trying a draft.

Seriously why pay $4 for a pack when I can pay $2 for the land I want on TCGplayer?

>screencap my troll post please
Holy fuck dude stop being full of yourself. You're nothing special.

>living in a city
Pic related

I miss having an LGS

This is a blast from the pas

>living in a rural area

Boy I sure do like driving 45 minutes to an hour not counting the trip back for basic necessities.

A-are you living in Britain user? Stay safe.

Go ahead cap my posts, it will just show everyone else out there what total pussies you are

>not even 100 posts in and we are already turning this into b/ tier shit
Good job guys

time to use coercive logic to get everyone at my lgs to kill themselves with frankie peanuts

>unsets legal
>poor quality bait getting more replies than actual on topic questions
>No real discussion at all

Just nuke this whole thread OP, there’s nothing worth saving here.

Uncards that are pretty much completely fine:
>________
>AWOL
>Bad Ass
>Blast from the Past
>Bronze Calendar
>Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire
>Carnivorous Death Parrot
>Clambassadors
>Common Courtesy
>Curse of the Fire Penguin
>Denied!
>Emcee
>Flock of Rabid Sheep
>Form of the Squirrel
>Fowl Play
>Free-for-All
>Fruitcake Elemental
>Gerrymandering
>Giant Fan
>Gleemax
>Goblin Secret Agent
>Incoming!
>Infernal Spawn of Evil
>Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil
>Johnny, Combo Player
>Land Aid '04
>Look at Me, I'm the DCI
>Magical Hacker (Except with Planeswalkers)
>Mana Screw
>Mine, Mine, Mine!
>Mise
>Necro-Impotence
>Old Fogey
>Organ Harvest
>Paper Tiger
>Rock Lobster
>Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug
>Scissors Lizard
>Season's Beatings
>Smart Ass
>Snow Mercy
>The Cheese Stands Alone (Obviously)
>The Ultimate Nightmare of Wizards of the Coast® Customer Service
>Timmy, Power Gamer
>Uktabi Kong
>Water Gun Balloon Game
>Who/What/When/Where/Why
>Yule Ooze
>"Ach! Hans, Run!"

Unstable looks great. Best work Wizards has put out in years. Compared to some of their recent offerings Unstable looks almost creative!

Seriously though I'm picking up a foil animate library.

Guess I will be avoiding my LGS for a few months.

Time for that $200 Demonic Tutor to earn its keep.

While everybody is going crazy anybody want to help me make some cuts to my Gishath deck? Need to cut 9 cards:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cretaceous-charge/

I’m already thinking I’m going to remove boots and greaves since Gishath already has haste and there are 2 enchantments and 1 other equipment for hexproof, while Fires of Yavimaya and Regisaur Alpha can help with hasting my other Dino. Pillar of Origins should probably be taken out too as I have other ramp that I can actually cast spells with.

Beyond that, I hate to admit I’m a little lost where to cut.

Every single store is making pre-orders for foils out of stock as we speak. CFB is going up and down as they shut down the availability of Un-singles.

What's the bet Sheldon and his playgroup already put in their orders?

Just snagged my LGS's last one

Literally read. They are only legal til the 15th of next month. Even if the prices do spike, it will only be for a few weeks until they are a few cents again.

>implying that'll stop people and the market from spiraling into chaos

still would kill most players

>unstable legal for a short time
>Earl of Squirrels isn't a legendary

Obviously. I was questioning why he needed to make a fucking announcement of his announcement and this is obviously the reason. It's the signal for stores to be ready to shut some segment of their store down.

"Hey everyone following me, I'm going to fuck up the EDH environment, put your stock managers on standby and be prepared to bring in extra staff tomorrow for all you fucking massive stores."

I'm being incredibly uncharitable here towards him. Fuck him all the same. The discussion of Un-cards needing to be universally prohibited with zero exceptions has been talked to death, you never let the fucking floodgates open because the water doesn't understand anything but going at it 100%.

Everyone knows at least one person who will dedicate their life to ruining games with this. EVERYONE.

>Thoughts on Unsets being made legal in Commander?
I guess WotC realized this set is value-less by virtue of being overprinted which stunts the full art lands' capability to grow as an asset.

>MtG
>an asset

Does this give them the ability and precedent to at any given time to say "fuck it, it's unset legal for the next [blank] months"?

>So they only did this so that Wizards would actually sell Unstable packs, right? Because no one I have talked to has been interested in Unstable.

That seems likely. Since the return to Zendikar Wizards have been baiting the crap out of their sets.

Unstable is cool. Not everyone plays commander exclusively.

Like they needed precedent to do it now.

Houserule it you dumb nigger.
Or better yet play it in 60 card where squirrels could actually function because there sure as shit ain't enough squirrels to fill out a 99 singleton.

>"Hey guys, let's just not get into muddy water with the Un-sets, okay? I don't want anybody getting kicked out of the store or anything."
>"K"

Problem solved. Anyone wants to be a cunt, they can get booted from the table to go draft silver borders all they want With that being said, I can see how some would find house-ruling specific Un-cards with prior agreement fun. It's all group-specific if people are open to it.

To try and get the thread back on track, what does /edhg/ look for in an opening hand, and how do you decide whether or not to mulligan? I just updated a deck and shot the av. CMC up by 0.3 and I'm wondering how it might affect opening hands.

Why not just make a complex, clever, difficult to master drafting set with, like, good art, interacting mechanics, flavorful but not overburdening tribal synergy, and new card ideas that are inspiring to play with?

They tried that with Lorwyn. And it failed miserably

Is it weird that I'm most excited by another copy of rampant growth?

The art is endearing, it's great seeing WotC do something that doesn't look like pre-rendered PS2 cutscenes. But the humor is too 2016 for me and I sure as hell am not building a deck for a general that'll be banned in a month.

So, if you choose bland, this works with tokens. Something like hordeling outburst turns into a draw 3.