Help me to worldbuild

Not too far in the future, are horrible desease infects all human creatures on earth. It breaks out once the human reached early adulthood. 18-20. Turning them into twisted, horrific creatures trying to kill and maim everything around them.

How would such a scenario turn out for humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Q6wazD_E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realistic_conflict_theory#Robbers_cave_study
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*a, not are

Hopefully all the faggot kids get murdered.

I hate children, and I doubly hate child societies.

ayyy we all turn into genestealers

Read Lord of the Flies.

Pls elaborate

>How would such a scenario turn out for humanity?

Just look at Africa

Really? Children are dicks if left to their own devices

I think they would create a society where every human is killed at the age of 17.

How are babies handled since the parents will inevitably die before it reaches adolescence.

probably taking care of by other teenagers.

edgy

>> /pol/

>le pol boogyman

c'mon junior

I really like this idea,
I imagine the kind of stories and mythologies that the kids came up to

It's called the age of majority for a reason.
Humanity goes extinct because 99.99% of people under the age of 18 are in proximity of multiple people above the age of 18 so they would all be torn apart.
Also 18 is a stupid, arbitrary, meaningless age. There is not a single biological reason 18 would be *the* age. Choose an age where something actually happens the disease could differentiate with.

i would like it best if its a diferent age for every person (betwene 17 and 23)
That way, they start growing to an age when they don't know when they are going to turn.
maybe some will kill themselves, maybe their own community will kill them at some point, maybe they'll try to run away, and hope they don't turn into a monsters for another day at least.

thank you

Hmm... complete and total extinction.

Look at any video about humans suddenly disappearing, such as this one: youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Q6wazD_E

Now instead of EVERY human disappearing, only adults do. And children remain. And the adults turn into feral monsters who will try to kill the surviving children.

The important question is: how did it infect EVERY human on the planet? How did it spread? How long did it take to do so? Were there any warning signs? How much time (if any) did people have to prepare to shelter themselves?

By your lack of information I can only assume that the spread was instant, and the effect was instant. In which case: there is no hope for humanity.

And considering that all children will start turning once they reach adulthood, there's literally zero chance of humanity coming out on top. Children cannot reproduce - at least not safely and effectively. And all technology, science, and medicine will be lost to them in a very short amount of time.

I give them about a year before they all die out from predation, murder, starvation, or exposure.

Basicly this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realistic_conflict_theory#Robbers_cave_study
in short when kids start to fight for resources they never stop, lacking proper supervision they will split in groups and maim each other until only one group remains even if meanwhile resource shortage stops being an issue. It's especially visible in young kids that haven't yet developed psychological blocks about hurting other people. Even if you go with easier option of people just dropping dead when 18 and make monsters just wild animals that escaped from zoo and somehow found they niche, it will be a struggle to maintain a population big enough to ensure humanity survival

Check out the RPG "Kidworld". The adults all go blind, but you might get some good ideas from it.

Thank you

but where would babies come from?

Guess.

But don't forget: children aren't emotional little beasts that need to be molded into reasonable adults, they're precious and innocent.