Planet's a cube

>planet's a cube
>it looks like pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If the structure of the world doesn't impact the game, it's shit.

What's the problem?
It looks accurate.

would you really notice though, if you're living close to a middle of a side?

Looks to me like a spherical planet with eight regularly placed tetrahedral supermountains.

It certainly makes the 12 locations of crossing extremely strategic places to control and tax.

Everywhere but in the oceans would be a slope.

It'd be cool if there was a planet that was a sphere.

Not with MagicalGravity™.

That's what a cube planet would be like.
All the water would go in the middle of the faces, going from that center to the edge would be a gentle slope getting progressively worse, and the atmosphere would form several bubbles over the water and coasts.

The shape of the planet doesn't matter until it becomes relevant to the players. It could be shape of fucking broccoli for all it matters, it's literally irrelevant until the players ask for that specific information.

>It could be shape of fucking broccoli
>a fractal planet

actually sounds pretty cool

Cool premise. Would be interesting to see how it plays out.

4 simultaneous 24 hour days

>not just going full-on apeshit, uh, I mean, Super Mario Galaxy
look at this pleb
it's magic, i don't have to explain shit

I thought so too at first, but those domes are supposed to be the atmosphere. The artist doesn't realize how thin a layer the atmosphere is, I guess. The faces themselves are actually concave toward the centeral oceans.

No atmosphere at the mountaintops. Only undead, constructs, etc would be able to survive. Eight liches rule the world constantly at war against each other.

Actually, the donut shaped world is the common of every jRPG with a overworld in the 90's.

Nah, I meant miniature and irregularly shaped planets, nonsensical gravity, shit like ice and lava coexisting, black holes everywhere, and yet they don't actually do anything etc.

>shit like ice and lava coexisting
That's pretty common in fantasy settings and even in real life to some extent.

I like it.
To go dungoneering under the mountains, adventurers would need vacuum suits, or at least air tanks.

It's less like "nonsensical world" and more like "setpiece geography". It doesn't make sense, but, damn, it looks cool.

this remembered me about the first two Ultima-games

>Ridge dwarves rumored to execute criminals by launching them into orbit through the upward shafts in the great mountain peaks

>ywn escape the atmosphere by mountain-climbing

Damn that was a good game, time to dig out the wii...

It's a long time since I last saw time cube memes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

>beach bowl galaxy
>looks like a toilet

Wouldn't these mountains make every face a non-stop hurricane?

Wait is that a timecube ref-

Shiiiiit

I never got how it's supposed to work.
Can someone help me?

It was literally written by a schizophrenic. It doesn't really make sense to start with

But I feel like it has its own internal logic, and I want to try to undestand it.

My mind might not contain the awesomeness, but I'll try:
At every point of Earth time is moving forwards, but it is not the same time since moving to a different place it would be at a different time. Then something, something 4 facets is the base line, but this can be divided infinitely by moving the cube around, something, something, all current physics are wrong.

Clear?

Funny story about TimeCube, my father used to run a website and he interviewed the guy. It was really sad, because my dad was in character pretending to believe him and the guy was so excited to have someone that seemed to be on the same page as him. He would email him pamphlets and stuff all the time and ask how he was

It's a good start I guess.
I think last time I read it I didn't pay enough attention, because i'm starting to undestand how some of it works and it seems huh... clear isn't the word, but not as obscure as I thought at first.

>Ywn run a campaign on XEEN

>not Baobabs

>I never got how it's supposed to work.
that's because your stupid and evil

I would have my astrology of the setting be that the planet is actually a die in a giant game for multiple gods. The players are agents of one of these or more gods tasked with the goal of cheesing the game by traveling around doing all kinds of dodads across the dice to affect the roll or something like that.

And I guess the sun would be the gods hand that picks the planets up by gravitational pull.

>I would have my astrology of the setting be that the planet is actually a die in a giant game for multiple gods.
Do you mean mythology?

Well no, that would imply that the planets weren't thrown around as dice in a game.

They very much are and that's basically how their universe is built. A buncha gods sitting around a cosmic table playing some vast bizarre dice game.

He probably means astronomy.

I'm looking at the model where he illustrates his 4 corners.

It doesn't scream insane, just another way at looking at how time works. If I had more interest in this, I'm sure I would delve deeper, and thus hit the supposed inconsistencies.

Ah okay.
Astrology made no sense.

So the planet would have several suns, each sun being a god, and it would pass from the orbit of one sun to that of an other?

I agree, that is not the most insane part.
It gets really weird when he start rambling about opposites, oneness and entity, but it's still possible to make some sense out of it. I haven't finished reading all of it, but as of now the only part I really don't get is the one about earth having two hemispheres rotating in opposite directions.
I'm totally using this in a paranormal investigation game by the way.

Judging by the shape of the atmosphere, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's being magically regulated.

It's not insane in the sense that time moves at same pace everywhere on Earth. GMT Time is always exactly 6 hours ahead going forward 90 degrees around the Earth.
It's just that there's no need for a time cube. The cube concept doesn't add any insight to anything. There is no problem that would need the cube to help explain it.

>So the planet would have several suns, each sun being a god, and it would pass from the orbit of one sun to that of an other?
The suns would each pull away when it wasn't their turn. Everything in the game happens in a much slower scale than the mortals can perceive.

Maybe have the gods give the players magical spaceships so that they can properly cheat across the dice.

Mario Galaxy had some pretty comfy looking planets.

>King decides the ridge dwarfs have given him a grave insult and musters his armies.
>Massive muster from all across his "face" (as in cube face).
>Arrive to one of the "point" mountains,
>Looks up at it
>Looks back to army
>Looks back at mountain taller than the length of most countries on Earth
>Says "Fuck it," and leaves.

It even has a toilet paper roll moon in orbit

Is this CRISPR?
I mean, it's a mean lean DNA machine?

Start by smoking something illegal and looking at a globe.

>planet's not a sphere

>time moves at same pace everywhere on Earth.
Varies by gravity, actually.

>Varies by gravity, actually.
Yes, now go tell his ghost these things. We don't need to hear.

Also by latitude as the close to the equater you are, the faster you're going, the slower time is going. (for you).

But really, the differences are measured in NANOseconds. If some statement is 99.999% true, then it's true. Pointing out the technical details is just being pedantic.

That's pretty much the world in the campaign, yeah. Cube world with spherical atmosphere, except night is a sea in which it floats and turns. Each side is a different plane of existence, and the inside is a hollow world megadungeon, with Hell in the middle.You can travel to any side by going through the world. Travelling to an edge is incredibly difficult.

>I never got how it's supposed to work.
IIRC the guy basically figures that sunrise, sunset, noon and midnight are fixed moments, always happening simultaneously at some point on the globe and just moving over the Earth's surface, which is essentially true and just a way of looking at the way the planet moves. But then he goes on to draw some really weird conclusions about this and what it means for ptime and physics, because he's an unmedicated schizo. Still, surprising amounts of it actually make sense if you get into his weird way of expressing himself -- which I might note isn't unusual for schizos.

>Baobabs
What next, you claiming a picture of a hat is actually a snake that has eaten an elephant?

But does it obey the law of the timecube?

A crazy person worked the basic idea of time zones and is desperately trying to tell everyone about it, refusing to believe that it's already a thing.