youtube.com/watch?v=qztLClAfNYw
>Card database
shadeglass.co.uk/card-database

>Latest news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/29/black-library-advent-calendar-preview/
games-workshop.com/en-GB/White-Dwarf-December-2017-eng

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

trade-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Warhammmer_Underworlds_Winter2017_OP_Support.pdf
blacklibrary.com/all-products/doombound-mp3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Excellent, keep this up!

If anyone wants to have direct links to all scans of all current cards just say so. I've put some on several Facebook pages but Veeky Forums might like it aswell?

Skaven W H E N?

Those would be really nice for the MEGA.

That and the stories we are going to get come this advent calendar. Three audio dramas no less.

Really? Nice.
I'm excited to see the new cards.

go to postimage.org slash gallery
/1y2eb1f86/814df83f/

New cards only there in January bro, will scan those and share them too.

Are the cards in the White Dwarf not new?

Much appreciated, if anyone can put it on MEGA it would be great, I would do it but phoneposter

No, there is one Healing Potion promotional card in the White Dwarf.

Shit, that's it?
Laaaame

Yes, still would pick it up if you are a die-hard but if you arn't, leave it. Plenty of Healing Potions allready with a single Core Set.

Gonna put this on mega in hour. Bless you user

Also guys - remember don't reply to slavfag baits. It might be a good, useful general - try to keep it like this. Report and ignore

Alright - it's up on the OP mega now

bump

Today I had my first tournament. had a blast and ended a hard won third out of twelve place with my skellingtons. But man have I found a retardedly strong combo when playing against ironjawz.

Pick either ironskull or bonekutta.

Use the spin attack ploy or upgrade.

Use the ploy that, during the following activation, causes 1 damage to any who moves. Now use it during YOUR activation.

When you move your guy will be hurt and inspire.

let it sink. A 3-dmg nova that, when it hurts and succeeds, does another damage point. Right there, he killed two stormcasts with a single attack. HOLY FUCK.

Is it doable just with core set and ironjawz box cards?

I THINK.

Well then, I'm gonna mock my friends with this combo.
Anyway, can each of us (Khorne, SCE and Ironjawz) build a decent deck just with these cards or should I also buy separate packs of cards on ebay/fb groups? Are extra cards needed just for competitive or is shadespire like mtg?

I don't remember exactly the contents of the decks included in the expansions (since I went and bought the four of them) but I think you'd do fairly well. Since this is a highlander format, and some of the cards of the core set may not necessarily be what you need, you get a fair bit of room. You're going to have a bit of a struggle in the case you guys want to have a card of the same type in all your decks.

I'm planning on getting into this when skaven drop, if it's still popular at my LGS.
Am I likely to be a bit screwed if I don't start looking for cards now (eg. the one from White Dwarf) and don't buy the non-Skaven packs?

>Are extra cards needed just for competitive or is shadespire like mtg?
Yes. yes for any games that involve cards, some are always better than others.

For example : Deamonic weapon : upgrade card a 3 damage attack that use hammer and damage the user with each use. This literally turn some useless shitstains like Targor or Petitioner into a useful hitter for once. They have 2 hp so they died in 1 hit from literally everything except from other useless shitstains like them.

Is that just cards for the decks, or is that stat cards as well?

Does the weapon the model is armed with matter? Like is it imperative that the Orc guy with the two handed axe have an axe, or could one get away with using an Orc with a two handed sword?

Are You trying to print everything out to paper and play?

No. I was looking at some alternate models.

Then why are you asking for character card?

I just wanted to have them handy. I was planning to read over the rules and want to have them handy for reference. Also so I can get an idea of what that stats for the Orcs look like.

>Go to youtube

>Look for unboxing vid

>Profit.

How did you end up here without knowing internet basic?

While that is handy, I was in the thread and someone mentioned uploading the cards. I just figured if they're here already in a pdf that would be great.

But that picture will be good to have, thanks!

I can scan everything but as others have mentioned getting the actual shit is where it's at. The reason I scanned everything is so that browsing through your collection becomes easier.

>Does the weapon the model is armed with matter?

What matters is that the model is clearly a Shadespire model, this model can be converted but a random/scratchbuild model will not do.

Would like to upload the Organized Play 2017 rules aswell but it breaks the MB limit Veeky Forums has. But if anyone was to upload that to the Mega that would be helpful aswell.

trade-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Warhammmer_Underworlds_Winter2017_OP_Support.pdf

Thanks. I just thought it would be nice to have everything in a handy place on my laptop.

>What matters is that the model is clearly a Shadespire model, this model can be converted but a random/scratchbuild model will not do.
So is that just for competitive play? Like if I'm just playing with some friends could I really use whatever I want?

This'll do

Those are actually kind of cute.

It applies for organized play. I'm sure friends would allow for a lot. Though really the cost is low enough that I wouldn't know why you wouldn't get it.

The fucking effort that went into that. In any case, he can now build terrain from toothpicks and all he needs to do to be out of line of sight is turn the paper craft to the side.

Jesus it's sad.

I wouldn't go that cheap. I was just looking at some of Dealer's Orcs and I found some that I think would be decent stand-ins.

I would basically never play anything other than just casual pickup games, anyway. Maybe I should poll the local playerbase and see how they would feel.

Thanks for the help, though, guys!

>Though really the cost is low enough that I wouldn't know why you wouldn't get it.
Not this user but I want to run greenskinz orruks as Ironskull’s Boyz just for retro vibes

How is running Black Orcs not retro vibe enough though?

Yes, Ironskull Boyz are on 32mm base and look the most like the WFB kit for Black Orcs.

Ardboyz (Black Orcs) look too good. They are really fine sculpts and I treat them as "modern" models. On the other hand old orc boyz are so fuckin goofy - they are literally joke-tier quality models. Yet, I really like them

Ah well go for it then! I personally think the Ironskulls look amazing but there are alternative routes to go to. I would just not go for the Goof Boyz.

The champion with the attack-on-death upgrade can be downright nasty.

Maybe GW will release a greenskinz warband one day but I don't really believe it. Bonesplitterz warband with arrerboyz would be neat as fuck

I'd kill for that kind of warband. That or grots or destruction humans.

Imagine each shadespire grot model being a bunch of grots on 40mm bases armed with rusty knifes, broken spears, shit-tier bows etc.

He's a well known idiot.

>tfw Karsus and Saek successfully use time trap to gank the shit out of Basha before he does anything and then double team Bonekutta to death the next round

Are currently released warbands somehow balanced or maybe there are bands clearly better than other ones?

I have the skeleton expansion. Do I need cards from the base game to be semi-competetive or can I win games with just what I have?

I just got it because models are great and it's always good to have some more bodies in my Death army. I may as well give Shadespire a try.

The consensus on skeletons seems to be they really need the neutral "hold objective X" objective cards which only come in the base game, though you'd need the base game for the boards to play on anyway, unless you were playing with someone else who had them, but that person would then also have a spare set of hold objective cards they could lend you since the core has doubles of those.

They're pretty well matched from what I've played (about 20-ish games mostly with Khorne but I have played all warbands) you just have to keep in mind that the game isn't purely about fighting and that some warbands are easier to play and/or more forgiving than others while some are very difficult to play well. Additionally the shift in play style from opponent to opponent can be quite severe. You can't expect what works against Undead to work against Orcs and so on.

It can be easy straight out of the box to come to the conclusion that Stormcasts are overpowered as two out of three of them can kill all but one of the khorne guys in one attack. After a few games you'll start to realise the game is deeper than that and that it's actually khorne that sets the tempo of the game vs Stormcasts as they learn to press their numerical and speed advantage while also focusing more on gaining glory than winning individual fights.

It's also worth keeping in mind that almost all of how well your warband performs, fights, and completes objectives is based on the deck you build for them. While the inherent fighters stats are important with a poorly built deck you'll struggle to achieve anything no matter how good they are.

Just grab the nova-attack card and the 1-dmg if moving ploy. BAMF saek does 4 damage to anyone he wounds!

I've heard some people claim that they've done well with undead right out of the box but I think that they are an already difficult to play warband (as it stands at the moment I'd say the most difficult) with what is realistically a pretty poor choice of objectives in their own set. They benefit quite a lot from cards outside their expansion.

It's worth mentioning as well that the game is competitive. You are more likely to find the people who play it regularly are playing it in a competitive way and have more than likely either bought everything or bought what they need from ebay. Having a "semi-competitive" deck and/or mindset it that scenario is probabley going to lead to you having a bad time.

I know it's not what people want to hear but I'd genuinely recommend buying everything if you intend to play regularly. At the very least anyone who intends to play should buy the core set as it's good value just from the point of view of game components and cards before you even get to the minis.

Obviously you should try before you buy as not everyone is going to enjoy the game as much as I do. It's an odd situation in that I don't want to put people off the game as it's probabley my game of the year at this point but at the same time it isn't for everyone and I don't want to encourage people to spend money on something that they ultimately might end up hating.

So forgive my ignorance here, but does GW have any plans to expand the current warbands? Or are they more focused on getting more out first?

>implying GW will support this game

Didn't they announce like four new warbands recently?

I think GW are serious about it simply because it's an easy sell and a quick game. It's a gateway drug to AoS proper.

>Didn't they announce like four new warbands recently?
yep, but nothing else
>because it's an easy sell and a quick game. It's a gateway drug to AoS proper.
Yeah just like Shadow of War

>it's not getting enough support.

Christ what a cheap attention craving whore you sound like.

8 warbands for season 1 is a pretty decent turnover, how much got malifaux in its first year?

>I know it's not what people want to hear but I'd genuinely recommend buying everything if you intend to play regularly.
Everything like every warband?

Also how is the game with more that 2 players? Is it fun? Better than with just 2? Worse?

It's a blast, different is the more correct word. 2 players has its fun in its challenge, 3-4 players are incredibly chaotic.

>Sepulchral Guard expansion
Yeah you certainly want holds and Supremacy. Makes life easier. The Warband is actually 4 guys and 3 petitioners and the petitioners are awesome with 3 Objectives on your side.

>Gateway into AoS
I call bullshit on that because Organized Play rules are now actually provided, good rules and Faq are instantly provided.

In terms of tactical depth WU Shadespire blows AoS out of the water.

Multiplayer WU Shadespire is like EDH, chaotic but much more political.

>different

This is the best way to describe it. It's a lot of fun but you deck efficiency takes a hit which is easier for some warbands to deal with than others.

You can also end up with one player winning because the other kind of forgot about them and let them just farm objectives.

Yep, every warband.

I know it puts people off but at least it's not as bad as X-wing. In X-wing they split cards between factions so if you play imperial you might want a card that only comes with a rebel ship so you either pay price gouged prices on ebay or you cave and buy the ship. Now you are left with a ship you can't use unless you buy more from the same faction. A lot of people played Rebel and Imperial so what did FFG do? Introduce a third faction so you have the same problem. Once everyone plays the third faction they'll release a fourth and so on. It's the business model for the whole game.

At least with shadespire you get the cards that you want, each expansion comes with 60~, and a complete self contained faction that you can build and start playing with right away or just keep hold of them until you get tired of whatever faction you've decided to main.

And you get all that for about 5 quid more than a single x-wing ship costs.

I also think GW will release a Universal card pack at the end of this particular WU. Note not all cards, just Universal.

The first shadespire audio drama is up.

It's about two companions of severyn.

Upload it on mega and post here if possible - I will import it to OP mega link

I posted this so some non-poorfag would.

Great job!

Jup linky: blacklibrary.com/all-products/doombound-mp3.html

Now we just need someone shelling 4 euros and uploading it here.

GW was bigger than Wyrd and Malifaux was their flagship game. Completely different expectations here

Which one would you call as the most newbie friendly? I want to get Ironjawz for me because I'm already playing IJ and a core set - SCE for my gf and Khorne for other friend. I'm just worried that Khorne dudes might be too tricky for beginner - she actually never played any complex board game

For two complete newbs, the khorne will seem quite underpowered. It wasn't until ne and my friends fourth game or so that things started to even out.

If one of them takes to strategy games quicker, give them khorne.

It sounds worse than X-wing

You're retarded.

And why are you insulting me right now?
The main set plus a warband I get, but there's also another warband and four more incoming. Buying everything sounds pretty ridiculous.

If you say something stupid people are going to call you stupid.

The format for Shadespire is nowhere near as bad as X-wing.

>3-4 useless models vs 1 useless ship per purchase.
>nuh uhh, x wing is more garbage I swear.

yeah, you get only one useless ship because there is only one ship per pack

next year

what issue of Whine Dang has the cards?

Really, that's your shitty excuse?

>ONE WITH LESS GARBAGE IS WORSE YOU GUYS!
idiots like you are why I truly wish for the death of this game.

>stormcast and bloodbound get two bands each
somewhat_upset.jpg

>that's your shitty excuse
Man, I just stated the fact. If you buy an extra warband for cards you can at least play with this extra warband - you have models and all needed cards. In x-wing you will end up with truly useless rebel ships that can not work as a playable squad on their own just because you want to run imperial swarm

With the cores and heavy munitions build you can build a list. Not super optimized but plenty of ways make that work.

Also a tie swarm doesn't need anything beyond more ties. Everything you need to run omega leader or howlrunner comes in the core and their appropriate set.

>1 useless ship and potentially several useless cards vs an entire faction that you can use right away and cards that you can spread out and use amongst all your other decks

This is why you're retarded.

See above, it doesn't have less garbage it has more.

And the stand alone warbands are fully playable on their own as are the core ones. They're just not well optimised.

And you don't need to buy any additional minis for any of the warbands at all and you could buy a whole warband for about £5 more than each of those 6 additional tie fighters you need to buy to make a tie swarm.

>inb4 pic related

Not the way it works, buddy. They release new warbands and cards, but not new models for existing ones. They could release more cards specific to them in some future expansion, but it seems unlikely.

That's not bad going for an initial release schedule over a first year or so. That's all that they've announced so far anyway, it's going to depend on how sales have been as to whether more follows on from there, but it wouldn't be that tough for them to keep up a similar pace indefinitely, they can do warbands not only for all the AoS factions but for just about every single unit within those factions.

But in your shitty x wing comprehension you talk about tie swarm player getting stuck with useless out of faction stuff.

Then why would you assume any shadespire person wouldn't want to just run one list? You make it like being able to switch faction is a boon when by your premise faction hopping is not part of the plan.

user, I~~

They sell, so its inevitable they get focus. Though my city ended up sold out of the Skeletons everywhere, so hopefully they'll take notice and include more warbands for factions that haven't seen new releases in a while.

>They could release more cards specific to them in some future expansion, but it seems unlikely.
That sucks. So the plan is release multiple warbands per race to add diversity instead of add new model options to warbands. I suppose that could be way worse, but still not great.

As a Scum player in X-Wing I've never had to buy something I don't want to play the game.

I do get where you're coming from, though. The people who want to build the hyper competitive tourney lists will buy ships they may never use just to get some cards.

Although I suppose it's the same thing here: you don't *need* to buy the other warbands if you don't want, but having the cards from those packs will help if you want to play in tourneys.

Oh god, the stupid, it breeds

>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person

Alos faction hoping is pretty much the point. You can build competitive decks for all 4 factions and still have cards to spare when you buy everything.

You'd know this is you had the vaguest fucking clue what you were talking about.

>gets caught out
>hurr you am the stupids

Fucking hell, end yourself.

Only after stop being so fucking stupid.

Then list alterations is the point of X wing then. You are then making comparisons to something that has no foundational relation.

The comparisons are between the games formats which are entirely comparable. Especially when it comes to what you should buy if you want to play the game competitively.

No amount of list alteration is going to let you take rebel ships in your imperial list and the ships aren't a playable list/faction in and of themselves. If you play imperials or rebels and you want cards in a given set from another faction set then you have to buy a ship you don't want and can't use. If one day you decide to use it you *need* to spend more money on more ships that may well come with more cards you don't want or need in order to play.

While it's true you can't use orcs or their cards with the stormcasts you can use all of the general cards they come with with any other faction and the orcs themselves are playable immediately. Even if you don't want to play them if one day you decide you want to use them then you wouldn't *need* to buy anything else.

And also once again that entire warband that comes with 60~ cards you can pick up and start playing with at any point with no further expense is a whole £5 more than the one ship that you bought that gets you nothing but a few cards you wanted and the choice further down the line to spend yet more money to even use it.

This is what you are arguing is better. Unusable and expensive garbage that you can't use without repeat purchases vs self contained factions that enhance your existing warbands and are playable immediately for less money.

You are king of retards.

audiodrama when

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUY IT

(And upload it)

AELVES WHEN

Next year for the main game, possibly 2019 for shadespire.

I expect more SC for season 2.

So, I normally only play Blood Bowl, but I've been looking into picking up Shade Spire. I've seen a few videos and maybe it's just who produced the videos, but I'm not sure about it.

I know where I'm asking this, but what are your honest opinions on this game?

Are there enough options?
I'm fine with there being just 5 teams in the meantime, but is there at least some variances among those 5 that are viable?

I'm not trying to shit on this game, but I'm also not looking for a fotm fly by night miniature pusher. I'm looking to invest and start playing at my shop.

I haven't yet read the rulebook, but I've already nabbed a copy from the sticky.