Fanmade elven race thread

post your own race of elves

The short-lived, city-dwelling, industrious and versatile Roundear Elves.

its just a fancy word for human

Elves as a social class > Elves as a race

Elvish nobility ruling over humans is not only logical but it makes for a more interesting story telling opportunities. Elves are in almost all media are humans but better at fighting/magic. This is the role the aristocracy filled through most of history, they fight among themselves by terrorizing one anthers peasant (human) populations to hurt their rivals income. When they capture one of their own they are more inclined to ransom him and treat him well. Both are often depicted as being obsessed with blood lines and being haughty assholes. They are both even share similar issues that cause their downfall. Their population in relation to those beneath them falls too low to effectively maintain control and they are over thrown/defeated/become irrelevant.

>inb4 some Amerimutt thinks aristocrats were always haughty gambling and alcohol addicts

buff barbarians who can commune with animals and cannibalize other sentient races during war

went extinct when a wizard used magic to pull them all into space and turned their skeletons into his private moon-palace army. the elven skeletons that were trapped indoors still maraud the world untold ages later with terrifying skill and natural savagery

Southern Aristocrat Elves, complete with white linen suits and plantations.

Angel-winged elves who are also all futa.

>city-dwelling
But a majority of humans back then didn't live in the cities.

>back then
back when?

My friend wrote a subrace of warrior desert elves that are miserly and religious that practice necromancy to further than gods aims.

Before I had any d&d books I tried making my own ttrpg system WAAAYYYY back. I remember my elves were more plant-like, like they had green skin, leafy/viny hair, and photosynthesized.
They were the opposite of my dwarves, made of rocks with precious gemstones for eyes and mercury for blood.

>Race of Ancient Elves being the typical immortal elves everyone knows about with the dying race troupe
>In actuality Elves exist just fine and bitch about how they used to be the master race
>The oldest elf to live was 500 years old but Elven physiology saw him die on a battlefield dueling a human champion. He won against the human and died of his wounds shortly after
>Instead of completely not sleeping they take short daydream type naps where they are still sort of awake
>Elves cannot and do not produce halfbreeds

I replaced the drow with my own take on dark elves, also known as the voidtouched elves. They're a lawful evil theocracy that worships the Gods of the Outer Void, eldritch beings who they believe are the true creators of the universe that the gods worshiped by other races usurped and sealed away. They seek to conquer the world in the name of their gods, enslaving other races (all must serve the cause of the true gods; the voidtouched act as their priests and holy crusaders, while less enlightened races shall serve as manual labour and sacrifices), and eventually summoning their gods back into the world to remake it in their image.
They have a thing for messing around with aberrations and dangerously corruptive magic, and wear eye-concealing masks for religous reasons (the prophet and high priestess of their religion is said to have lost her eyes in exchange for divine knowledge, so they emulate her by covering their eyes), have a hateboner for worshipers of the "false gods" (i.e. all gods worshiped by other races), and are split into numerous cults worshiping different eldritch deities that that manage to mostly cooperate due to sharing a common goal and honouring the same priestess as the prophet of the gods.

They're the remnants of the ancient high elf civilisation that nuked itself by messing with eldritch magic, and the survivors came to see this as a divine punishment for their hubris and dedicated themselves to serving their new gods.
The ironic thing is that their gods are proper Lovecraftian entities, and the voidtouched have basically deluded themselves into thinking they're the favoured servants of beings who barely register their existence the best of times and couldn't care less about their crusade to conquer the world in their name.

>Stranger northener from the west, learn about us to avoid new scars. Nabatu elves are organized in tribes, one for each fae oasis left from the devastation which made the desert around us. Each tribe is defined by its totem, just as the later defines the color of the skin. The Palm Hair Tribe is brown as the coconut, the Jade Cacaw Tribe a resplandecent green, the Shy Chameleon Tribe, who can say? And there is the Sand Shrimp Tribe, the Boiling Honey, the Whip-Scorpion, the Hydra-Centipede, the Crystal Cactus, we're more numerous than you imagine.

>The feeric varieties of roots, herbs, fruits and spices in our oasis are much apreciated by wizards and alchemists, as well as by the bored palates of our feidralin cousins. As the khejali patrol the desert with flying tapestries, the caravans need to hide into mirages. The wasps mounts for our scouts have flat bodies of a metalic hue, laminated legs to slide over the sand, wings propeled by the wind, the greater for speed and the smaller for agility, and wing-sheaths that protect them during sand storms. The caravan itself has warriors mounted on giant crimson solifugae flanking the huge cargo opiliones. The latter are very important because of the orange eggs they bring, very nutritious and juicy. When quartz protuberances on its hindlegs friction one another, they generate the static illusions which fool even the noses of the gnolls employed by the sultans.

>All these plans and artifices assure the safety of our homes, shaped from sand, salt and sap, almost as beautiful as a newborn being fed. I'm sorry, I miss my home, for my son may already been born, the end of the voyage is so close, the first I do without my wife since we met. If your capture becomes the decisive factor that prevented me from being at her side during labor, I promise my son shall hunt yours, for mine, for his and for your honor.

who's the niggers?

Dark elves are shorter than average, with skin ranging from pale grey to obsidian, though the occasional albino does exist. With wide, feral eyes, batlike ears, and feral features, they have an animalistic look to them, often enhanced toward their predisposition toward being twitchy, fanged canines, and short, sharp talons. Generally they have dark, lank hair, though their males tend to lose it relatively early. As corruptions of the elvish form they are unable to stand the sun's touch and have drastically reduced lifespans, though they breed much more readily and mature faster. They are prone to diseases of the bone. Though weaker than the average elf, they are more agile, and can move frighteningly fast over short distances.

All dark elves are keenly aware of their corrupted nature, never feeling truly comfortable with their own skin. They hate (and envy) other elves, most other beings, and above all themselves. Still, they are among the greatest craftsmen and alchemists in the world, twisting the ancient elvish mastery of metal toward the creation of weapons and implements of destruction. Their predisposition toward diseases of the blood and bone has made them great brewers of medicines - dark elf salves, ointments, and elixirs fetch exorbitant prices on the open market, as do their wicked poisons.

Dark elf society tends to be authoritarian and darwinist, with satellite tribes orbiting larger subterranean kingdoms.

Winter elves: Fair-bluish skin, the size of a child and the proportions of an adolescent, white to blue hair, they usually don't express any emotion whatsoever and are violently repelled by worked metal.

They are of course inmune to the cold, can walk on snow and ice without cracking it, and can freeze cold water with a touch of their bare flesh. They wish the most to regain the wings their race once had, are enemies of the dwarves for making buildings on their continent, absolutely love sweets and cooking.

They don't wear armor most of the time, in rare instances they dress with weaved snow and use beautifully crafted wooden swords. After battle they throw these weapons away, or give it to the first stranger they stumble upon.

Due to their size, females cannot bear half-elves. It is assumed that hybrids with male parents are possible, but it has not been attested yet. The coldness of their skin is a magical charm, their body temperature is about the same as any other elf.

They live on huts and trenches below the boreal forests, their magic making the structures bigger on the inside. They are nomadic people, harvest the fruits of the forest, and can make flour with pinecones and ancient magics.

They really like carving wood, ivory and bone, but don't care much about keeping their works for themselves.

Mountain Elves (inspired by southern slavshits)

A race with behaviour diametrically opposed to other elven races as they place more value on law, honour, traditions and most importantly not yielding to enemies. (Typically Lawful Good or Lawful Evil)
Their looks also starkly differentiate from other elven races.
Bright red skin, snowy white hair , an average towering statute of 7ft and men with thick well kept beards.
Most people would connect these stubborn folks to giant kin rather than a splinter group of elves.

>ASI +2 Dex +1 Con
>Giants grasp - extend melee attacking range by 5ft
>Warlike countenance - once after each long rest you gain 1 1d4 die which you may expend to add to an attack roll or a death saving throw you make. The maximum number of dice you can have at any given point equals your proficiency bonus.

There are none. They use golems instead.

They’re not a naturally occurring subset, but the results of a wizard’s personal eugenics project. Their height has withered as have their natural egos and ambitions. They have no drive to be anything more than the tiny slaves they’ve been bred to be. They act as both servant and factory worker, and would be considered a gross parody of an elf if ever one managed to escape the frozen clutches of the red robed wizard’s tundra tower.

And I had take so many pains trying to be subtle...

So he combined both kinds of Eberron Elf?

Good Drow

You mean orcs?

I actually plan to use what I can only call Saint Seiya elves. More a nation than a race admittedly.
Basically fantasy Greek inspired elves with a warrior caste clad in divine armour. They have regular soldiers, but their not-saints are heroic tier. They are not pretentious, they are actually better than other people.

The whole country is stuck in the memory of a more mythical age and try to preserve divine temples and sanctuaries of long gone deities, which fill their lands of nice magic (pic related). Also monsters, for no-saints or aspirants no-saints to slain.

>Elves are the offspring of Fae and humans
>Created a world spanning notRoman empire
>An alchemist "stumbled upon" a way of making a pseduo philosopher's stone using elf blood
>Thousands of years later there are only a handful of free elves, in the West. The rest are kept as blood slaves to feed immortal aristocracy.
>Most of those are "poison bloods' who have undergone a painful ritual in order to ensure their blood isn't useful for magic.
>Rumors of Elven Cities formed by the remnants of the empire fleeing into the west fuel adventurers and explores trying to find the fabled "Cities of Blood"

Because they live practically forever, insults are a big deal for them and their entire culture has evolved around not offending others. However, this has created a system with a very extensive and incredibly strict code of conduct that defines every single aspect of life in elven society. Instead of creating a wonderful, all-welcoming utopia, it's created a toxic SJW nightmare world where even the slightest deviation from the script can be absolutely ruinous.

Because it would take many human lifetimes to learn and understand the intricate subtleties of elven politeness, humans are rarely able to interact with them at all without accidentally committing some capital offense and being executed. And because elven lifespans are so long, so are their reproductive cycles. Not only are women only fertile for a short time every century, the same goes for the men. It's extremely rare for both to overlap, so children are an extreme rarity. This keeps the elven population extremely small, and they're highly conscious of that fact. If you're dumb enough to kill an elf even in self defense, rest assured that they will shit fury on your entire country and you will down in it. Actually, the Navy Seal copypasta sums them up quite well.

I am not exactly proud to say that the only place I heard about elves similar to yours is the backstory of a rape hentai. Some butthurt hybrid kidnapped and banged two elven princessess to start an all-out-war between the dominant elves and the pissed off human pesants.

Dwarves.

Glowing elves

genetically engineered human beings who get a super good sense of hearing and smell but are normally really nearsighted, as a result they wear thick glasses.

So they’re batmen

Elves get their extraordinary lifespans by periodically (every 100-150 years) entering a regenerative fugue state they call The Dreaming. Their bodies are rejuvenated, but the process erodes memory and acquired skills, reverting them to the level of an untrained young adult in terms of knowledge and skills. Their memories of people and events get indistinguishably mixed up with the feverish visions experienced during The Dreaming, leaving an elf able to recall his past life only in hazy fragments, as if it were a dream, and mixed in with actual dream fragments. This experience is a touchstone of elven culture, and much of their lifestyle and philosophy is built around an impression, taken from these experiences, that reality itself is fundamentally mutable and indistinct much like a dream.

They are not natives of the material plane, coming rather from the plane of Faerie. They are remnants of the True Fey who encroached onto the material long ago in search of new advantages in their age-old war between Seelie and Unseelie Courts. A great cataclysm on the material plane killed off many of the fey, and those that were left were greatly reduced in power and stranded on the material plane for quite some time until portals could be reestablished. When they did try to return home to Faerie, they were turned away, because (being fey, and thus spirits closely attuned to the land) they had been "corrupted" by the essence of the material plane, and thus no longer "pure" fey. Thus, elves are a people in exile, still regarding Faerie as their true home but unable to return, and not well liked in the material either as they're still regarded there as foreign invaders.

The elves have differentiated into four main varieties, according to the predominant element of the area where their bloodline has settled. Fiercely territorial dusky elves (earth), harsh and resilient frost elves (water), flighty and impulsive high elves (air), and honorable militaristic nomadic elves (fire).

Black Metal Viking White Elves. They rule the north after killing the king of the Frost Giants and drinking wine made from the blood from his severed head. Their witches control the northern winds. They ride great white stags. They piled high the corpses of frost giants to make a mountain range, and hunt the stragglers for sport. The dwarves have a terse alliance with them.They can grow beards. The humans of the north that live in villages think them like demigods and protectors that need to be appeased. Those lost in blizzards tend to be discovered by the elves, nursed back to health, and even have a brief fling that results in a half-elf 9 months later.

essentially, yes, except without wings

i need a elf flavor, its an arcane rock elf, Like some kinda rock with fancy name exp: Xelolphinite, The elves would be made up of floating pink rock chunks and air.