Elder Scrolls Weekend General — /tgesg/

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[TES 5E Conversion] uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos, except Knights of the Dragon

Previous era:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:New_Life_Festival
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If the Dark Brotherhood fails to kill someone once, do they try again or let them live?
Or was that Mirage Tong?

>Mirage Tong
Stupid sexy Autochthon

Can someone break down the relationship between Talos, Akatosh, and Lorkhan?

You mean the Morang Tong. That's the best tong. The silly assassin-guild in Morgowind was just a bunch of edge-less losers.

>Nova even has Guardians
Nova is just a blatant ripoff of Green Lantern

Hey thread, have this festive divayth fyr in these wintery times

>tfw you live in Texas and it's 70F outside.

A-at least it might rain on Christmas.

This is outdated, the snake totem is Orkey.

That's The Watcher you mong. His job is to watch everything.

I live in upstate New York and I can pretty safely say you aren't missing out on much. Snow sucks ass.

>snow sucks
this Ra'Gada

>Upstate New York
Do you guys really call them steamed hams?

Is there a Christmas-style holiday in Tamriel?

New Life festival en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:New_Life_Festival

>Saturalia
>
>Evening Star 25th
>
>The New Life festival comes a few days early in Wayrest with Saturalia, traditionally held on the 25th of Evening Star. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading. Visitors are encouraged to participate.

BTW, what do you think celebrating looks like in various cultures? (And is the Arena's Dunmeri holiday of dead still canon?)

If you live in the Albany area
which I do

I hate how "cut out" the holidays are in the lore. Might as well just call it Christmas if you're going to use the same date and calendar.

Might as well use the same calendar and days if you have 12 months and 7 days, then.

Akatosh and Lorkhan are twins and polar opposites, and they hate each other. Lorkhan is dead, Akatosh is dragon-shit crazy. Talos is a new entity occupying Lorkhan's empty spot, made with some some input from Akatosh. Talos will have a major role in defining the universe in the next calpa/cycle/phase/whatever.

If Nirn's solar cycle is the same as Earth's, it makes sense to have a major holiday on the winter solstice. It being too Christmassy is a legit complaint though.

I don't know of anything that says that the holiday of the dead isn't canon or discredits the idea, so run wild with it!

So, moths.
What're they doin'?

After playing Daggerfall I miss changing seasons, holidays, the feeling that the time actually passes.

It almost happened with Skyrim. Maybe the next game will have mods that are even better.

Making angry moth noises.

As a casual Skyrim was the most immersive game I've ever played; right up until I realized I never actually had to eat/drink/sleep. That's my primary wish for future games. Make it an optional starting mode. Doesn't FallOut have something like that?

The second worst Fallout game has that now, yeah. Sadly you also have to be on the hardest difficulty, I believe.

There are a ton of mods for Skyrim which do just that and are pretty good. Personally I don't play without them.

Don't think any game is ever going to have a modding boom as big as skyrim ever again with Bethesda being the greedy fucking assholes that they are.
They already tried their best to kill their modding community by turning it into a bullshit microtransaction service. They're only going to push this shit harder in future games.

It's really amazing that they don't get how good of a thing they had going with the community built around their games. What happened to Bethesda? Did the leadership change, or were they always like that and people just didn't notice?

These are the same guys who first coined horse armor DLC and pioneered stupid nickel-and-diming microtransaction horseshit in full price AAA games. You tell me.

They started making money, and wanted more at any cost. I personally believe it's ZeniMax, but who knows?

>What happened to Bethesda?

That explains why they want paid mods.

DRUMPF!

The real answer btw is "As of 2007, Weaver held a 33% stake in the company.[8] In 2007, it was valued at $1.2 billion, when it raised $300 million from Providence Equity Partners in exchange for a 25% stake.[25][26][27] In 2010, Providence invested another $150 million for an undisclosed stake.[28][29] In 2016, it was valued at $2.5 billion.[1]"

Never trust a fucking Equity firm.

Was the Slave Queen's Rebellion the Crusades of Tamriel?

Pelinal IS the divine Crusader.

Wait is this implying that Sotha Sil has the heart of Lorkhan?

Wait...what is going on in that image?

A robot version of it. Apparently the fact that the CWC has the ability to make a robot version of anything is both literal and applies to everything. Legends seems to kind of brush over the major theological implications of that.

If anything, the Slave Rebellion was the start of Muslim Conquest.

Sotha Sil gets wrecked by Almalexia in a card game so hard he dies.

ESO really took a turn when I wasn't looking.

So has anyone tried using UESRPG recently? How did it go?

So he got sent to the shadow realm?

This is Legends. CWC's expansion just came out for it. It's pretty generic and really introduces nothing new.

The best new FO had it, and it was separate from actual game difficulty. Gave ammunition weight too.

Actually the new expansion for ESO is actually pretty good. No complaints so far that isn't something we haven't discussed here before.
As for UESRPG no group
;_;

Reading a summary for it just sounds like the plot is ripped straight from Sotha Sil Expanded, down to the end choice being identical.

>the thread barely started and eso/legends fuckers are already here.

Look at this tool, look at how he contributes nothing and simply complains. Don't be like him.

It's just gonna fuel all the "Sotha Sil is secretly alive" theories all the more...

=(

Sorry to hear that, user! If you had a campaign up and going, what would you want to run? Or better yet, do you think the system would work through online with roll20 or other online systems? I'm sure we have enough people in these threads to get something together!

>If you had a campaign up and going, what would you want to run?
I'd read the 2nd edition manual for UESRPG and it looked pretty fun, haven't read 3E but I'd like to give that a go if I got a group together.
>Or better yet, do you think the system would work through online with roll20 or other online systems?
It'd probably work fine, I can't recall reading anything that wouldn't translate well. I just think it'd be pretty difficult to coordinate a group of anonymous lore nerds into a meeting every week

Could probably try and set up a Discord group or see how many people in these threads say that they're up to it? Or try and make a thing on roll20 and post it here to let people know?

>tfw moving from mountain Norway to coast Norway
>milder climate, barely any snow yet, humid climate, more wind
I miss my comfy mountains winter.

>It's pretty generic and really introduces nothing new
That's pretty much Legends in general. And that's coming from someone who's played it a fair deal.

I've been getting back into online gaming, so I've been thinking about running an UESRPG adventure in text.
Need to finish exams first though.

Give up, Trainboy. /ss/ is dead.

I'd be down for that if you needed players, user!

I'll be sure to announce it here if I end up running it.

Adorable

>/ss/ is dead.

Well yeah, I'm all for that (WoL has him dead and gone after all). But other people like to find a way out yknow.

Alright, cool!

That's just Morag Tong

Here's a dumb question. Have there been any whispers as to what's stirring at Bethesda? Any attempts to improve things?

>Bethesda
>improve

Are wood elves cannibals?

In their homeland, they are.

The hell is this?

Clip from a dumb spawned creature fight video on Youtube. Game is ARK: Survival Evolved. Been doing singleplayer on it recently to sate my survival craving. Cooked up the webm because the little bastards remind me of cliffracers. Though they're not auto-hostile. There are other creatures that fill the hounding flying jackass niche in that game. Pelicans will swoop down, steal your items, and fly away.

Rambling done, the situation regarding Bethesda and TES saddens me. Started watching breakdowns of Skyrim and the fact they tried to fit in all these references to prior things without fleshing them out at all beyond nods, even though they're recreating everything relating to them... bleh. It's like you know this'll be the only time you see something rarely addressed brought up, and the chance is gone.

Nah Dark Brohood kill their targets until they're dead

They do?
Huh.

N-no. Please Dunmer Santa don't kidnapp those annoying n neighbours kids!

How does this motherfucker just MAKE a second heart

It's Legends who gives a fuck

Anything user. Anything in clockwork.
There's even a clockwork todd howard walking around down there.
But really it's not like replacements for the HoL as a power source aren't a thing.

Tiber Septim did it too, it must not be impossible.

From the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st ed:
>Gathering his legendary Five Hundred Companions (whose names are still recited every Thirteenth of Sun's Dawn at the Feast of the Dead in Windhelm)
>pic related

TIL

Outlander spotted

Holy shit

Why do Khajiit speak in third person?

It's disrespectful to speak in first person in the Khajiiti language, whatever it was called.

To fuck with you.

Nice catch!

>To fuck with you.
Those cheeky whiskered fucks

gib sno

What did Seht mean by this? That Vivec is a Mary Sue that wants all the attention?

duh? Vivec has always been the wannabe mary sue.

UESRPG rules question here.
How does Exploit Weakness weapon quality work? Its desciption says:
> Attacks with this weapon treat full armor as partial, and partial armor as unarmored (but do not actually reduce the location’s AR). This can be used to trigger effects, such as Slashing, that interact with the level of armor the target is wearing.
So if somebody will attack someone in partial armor with weapon which has Exploit Weakness quality, this attack will trigger Slashing quality of the weapon. But what will happen, if the target will be in full armor? The armor will be treated as partial, but its AR will not be reduced, and i fail to find any other difference between this two types of armor besides weight and price, that have no relation to attack resolution.

Gonna have to agree with this.

Vehk is shallow and narcissistic. He wants all the attention and love of his people, even threatening them to have it.

Who was the daedric prince behind Dark Brotherhood? Was it Boethiah?

Naw, wasn't it Mephala?

Some say the Night Mother is some kind of incarnation of Mephala.

Certainly, there will be no dinner.