/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: Thread song: youtu.be/T4puIA80cSw

You're supposed to wait until the old thread reaches page 10.

Before you go into autism mode and screech about a general reincarnating one page early, consider why that might or might not actually matter.

Hint: It doesn't matter. The back/forward links and proper title are basically all that matters.

shut up

This has to be one of the only cyoas where I’d pass up an incubus option.

Changeling all day. Sorcerer in enchantment, boost my stats to a 2 Physical, 1 Social, 2 mental.

Please no shitposts

I'm just passing on what was forced upon me in the past.

How does one shut their fingers up? Explain.

I prefer almost the same build, but with 2 in social instead. It's more advantageous for your people and the difference between 0 and 1 seems more significant than between 1 and 2.

you click them

Yeah, as stats round down through subsequent generations my peers would not be receiving my single point charisma bonus. A bonus which would probably be necessary to overcome the noted social shortcomings of a changeling and also fit the usual themes of “odd, but glamorous fey/elves”

What do you drop in it’s stead? Physical? I imagine a changeling’s natural shapeshing could shore that up

Yes. Honestly the best builds all seem to be [bloodline of choice] + [fallow sorcery of choice] + [2 points into the stat that your bloodline has 0 in by default]. If I wanted different stats I would probably consider taking a different type of magic.

Do Gate Classes mean anything?

this is a nice image

*headpats you like the halfwit child that you are*

What is your fallow school of choice? I’ve waffled back and forth before settling on enchantment. They also seem valuable save necromancy

I prefer enchantment for changelings. But if I took a different bloodline I'd probably take transmutation and still get shapeshifting, just differently. You can cover bases like that in different ways. Hell you could even just take psionic vampire with transmutation for a direct inverse of changeling with enchantment.

I think they might be some manner of indication as to what size the gate itself is.

Alright, last question since we seem to be on the same page about builds. Do you envision changelings being able to morph into different human forms, not just animals? And do you think they can do partial changes, such as growing wings on a human body or the classic arm tentacle?

Everything about this cyoa is terrible

You should feel bad for posting it

It's natural humanoid forms, so any sort of human is possible. As to fantastic things, there are elves and dwarves and monster girls running around the world, so you should be able to take those forms too. I'd say anything weirder or more modular than that would require transmutation magic instead though.

Anyone up for Culling RP?

its amazing

Why do monsters give too many points?
How do I contact the owner about this?

SDA posted Star Dust in one image here a while back but when I saved it, it somehow became 0.24 MB bigger and now I can't post it.

Waifus are overrated

It's the infamous Veeky Forums JPEG bloat.

By the way, I'm the author of that CYOA. In retrospect I should have made changelings stronger, because they really are the weakest bloodline. I was just unsure of that because I knew they'd be my favorite, so I guess I erred on the side of caution too much. If I were to change the CYOA, I would mostly keep them the same but maybe give them a healing factor or something.

Also I would just drop the subtle hints about the possibility there was a person who already took a bloodline before you got the chance, and add the body snatcher bloodline to the list of available ones. In the CYOA as it is right now, that bloodline is actually out there in the world, at least in my headcanon. Since I didn't actually write anything about that directly there's no reason for readers to agree with them existing, I guess it's just interesting trivia.

Don't see this posted enough.

You did a hell of a lot with just one page. It’s really great. Any plans to revisit it? Your ideas are very cool.

Also, I’m head-canoning that healing factor now. Pheromones would be an interesting buff for them too.

I pick Saber
Lawful Good
Kind, Cool, Resolute, Cheerful, Friendly, Mischievous
Saber obviously
Female Saber (again an obvious choice)
ADORABLE!
Adult Saber
Duel Wielding Ahoge with Emotes
Medium Armor, Casual, and Skimpy Outfit
Everything else will be standard Saber stuff. It doesn't really matter too much since she will be protected by plot armor anyway.

You too can kill yourself

Probably not. I mean, maybe I would if I had a bunch more stuff to add, but one bloodline and one really minor change don't seem to be enough.

What you mean?

omg that's literally trash

>protected by plot armor

>Healing Sorcerer 8
>Divination Wizard 6
>Mental++ 3
>Social++ 0

I plan on hammering hard into the 'enhancement' section of Healing, trying to develop easy immortality and (at least) physical superiority through layered buffs rather than inherent bonuses.

Divination is mostly to use the stray two points (rather than Physical+ and an unspendable point), but it also offers potential in the form of borrowing others' research and potentially even pulling raw knowledge from the ether.

From there, I'll join together with a Transmutation sorcerer to try and bend the rules of both disciplines, up to and hopefully including our magnum opus - developing a complex ritual to create a bloodline of our very own, such as a "wizard" bloodline that merely bypasses the limit on multiple magic proficiencies.

That, of course, is one reason I specifically didn't pick a bloodline, but another is to exploit a potential exploit in the rules - if I later gain the effects of a bloodline, whether I create it myself or are inducted into an existing one, then the bloodline bonuses might somehow stack with my personal ones, gaining further points for effectively free.

I'll be honest, I kinda predicted the existence of a sixth bloodline as a counterpart to the Changeling, but I didn't expect body snatchers. Any more details about their capabilities?
Also, it could use something else to buy for one point, just to have the option.

Urobuchi just hates Saber because she's more popular than his Wormslut.

I downloaded it again from his mega.
I never knew Veeky Forums added extra stuff to the images. Weird.

Secret tenth option.

They aren't literally like the classic body snatchers, more like body swappers.

I also go with this or Kunibu. I’m a sucker for biomancy

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to pick the stones without knowing what they actually do.

So it's Captain Ginyu.

This has been around for so damn long I’d be hard pressed to just forget. That’s the thing about mystery boxes and hidden options, it only works once

i just wanted to say to gilgamesh poster that i played fate/extella very recently and i can appreciate Gil much more now
But Saber is still better

That seems like it could easily get either unbalanced or nonsensical depending on whether they can steal other peoples' bloodlines and PHYS stats.

Bloodlines definitely no, since they already have their own. Stats would probably be temporary.

How does it feel to play shit games

Oh you
ESME FOREVER

So there's a slow 'flow' of stats, where they slowly lose their boosted abilities (and the target gains them) over like a week or something?

It still raises the question of how the bloodlines transfer that quickly, though.

And how viable do you think my strategy is in ?
I'm sure I've asked you before, but I may as well try and get a second opinion on each part.

Cute.

I think it's perfectly viable.

I'm actually looking into making a few changes to the CYOA because of these discussions, actually. I'll see if I can come up with something good enough despite not really remembering the creation process of the CYOA anymore.

this is next level

>waifus > all else
who could have guessed it?

Wow, i don't think anyone reposted my stuff ever before, but that is the old version

you got more gold like this?

>Fate C
>Red Saber
>regular human
time to beat the shit out of a scrawny girl

>Then she activates Overdrive

i made more stuff, but they are nowhere near as good as that one and to be honest they are kinda embarrasing

post them anyway

>150 cm

i do have this one, which belonged to another author, i think he dropped the project though

exactly, shes a midget whom I could slowly beat to death

Why not spin her around on your penis

I can see why.

Degeneracy

because that half of ryona would count as cheating, and as such a bad decision

while the violence part isnt and is therefore permissable

also because I detest nero too much to even hatefuck

Why does this place consist of so many fatefags

because Veeky Forums are chuuni's

this feels like it needs more but i dont know what

How do you even RP in The Culling?
>Meet a female hunter
>Fuck her shit up
>Meet a male hunter
>Beat the shit out of him

The author said there's going to be an extended version with more granularity.