Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Gun Bugs Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Plastic Sisters
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved full Strats, Traits, Relics, Powers, and Reece Spin lmao
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Dunked Peaches, he thinks tan people look like they've been flayed.
youtube.com/watch?v=CuPSbjAjhKQ [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

2nd for enjoying game night with your friends this weekend

First for Sanguinius is alive and "In stasis"

Nth for going over a points limit is cheating. as is not playing wysiwyg

9th for the amount of clickbait vids we're going to see of people confirming sanguinius is coming back

Please do not cheat

How do the Raging Heroes Jailbirds scale against DV Cultists? I just bought some and I want to use them in my Culists list.

It was always so.

>not first
Sanguinius confirmed dead
dubs confirm.

That doesn't mean anything though, of course the BAs would put Sangy's body in stasis.

No. He's been said as being DEAD and his BODY was in stasis. They slipped and said that he is in 'bad shape' now, but not dead.

Duh, don't dig too deep into it. The guy probably wouldn't mean it.

At all the game shops/clubs I've ever been at the painted models/wysiwig/proper points were unspoken, yet enforced rules and anyone doing otherwise was warned or banned. I don't understand why anyone would argue otherwise, especially for friendly pickup games.

>tfw my army is 2002 points but to take a storm bolter out would make it not WYSIWYG
Fug.

They'll have the magic of the primaries geneseed revive him. Because GW's Mary Sue Cawl has to be even greater than big E for them to be satisfied.

*didn't
Damn.

Smaller, just right all taller.
But nothing so different that it would be noticeable like manlets va Primaris vs IG

>instead of getting useful stuff TSons got "psychic powers xDDD" bullshit
>meanwhile, Magnus didn't get nerfed

Epic :DDD

>only sauce is a dodgy blog
>no timestamp or footage
>people still believe this

My approach to this has always been that I'm cool with my opponent going over, until we get to the cost of one optional upgrade/model he paid for. If he's eleven points over, I might say "you could drop this Scout here and be at exactly 2000", or something similar.

But really, dice rolls are way more important than than a few points here or there, so no big deal in my book.

Its on literally every warhammer news blog, multiple sources

>lacking magnets.

I'm so sorry

They got one power that fishes for 6s

Finished my Deathshroud. They look cool?

Also surprised more people aren't talking about them confirming that Primaris Blood Angels suffer from the red thirst.

>cawl
>mary sue

It's a bunch of blogs citing each other as sources. Trace it back and you get the same dodgy shit eventually.

do the deathwatch not have techmarines? i dont suppose the apothecary can heal a dred

>favouring armies without low points upgrades.
>allowing knight lists to take 4 knights because he can't possibly remove 200 points from his list without removing a knight.

That pic is horrible, retake it please

Also Pox Walkers or Plague Bearers.

They look cool user but you need to work on your camera skills. Right now the table in front of them is in focus, not the models.

Everyone has low point upgrades this edition. Imperials can drop a power sword here or there, etc.

By that logic extra 1000 points would be fine if they roll nothing but 1s

death watch are not a conventional chapter

I mean, yeah? Try it out sometime

>but I play SoB
Even then. It is easy as fuck to add and take extra stuff with magnets to the tip of the gun

They do in lore but no rules yet. Probably they'll be in their codex.

Bearers are more survivable on their own. Pox walkers you have to invest in Typhus or feed Contagion powers. They are also more killy in combat.
But pox walkers can fill you detachments on the cheap and keep the DG rules.

>Cawl brings back sanguinius
>Mind is riddled with the black rage
>goes berzerk, they have to sedate him amd lock him up
>Blood angels bear his enormous sarcophogus into battle, open it up and let crazy ass sanguinius out to murder the shit out of everyone
>after the battle they have to track him down and put him back into the coffin

That's exactly the issue. Being loose with point limits allows for incredible power gaming opportunities.
I used to get extra armor on my dreads and a bunch of extra weapons when I was a teenager, but I realize it is cheating now and wouldn't do that to my opponents.

Fund it

Sorry, here's an individual I took

>field nothing but horrors
>1000 points over
>roll nothing but 1's
>horrors die to everything that wounds them
>horrors come back because rolling 1's for morale
>end up camping the objectives despite heavy lossses
>win anyway

I figured it was something like that. But i cant even take a regular tech marines? seems kind of bizzare

Not an arguement faggot.
He's a savant, he's not a mary sue.

I like it, user. What paints did you use?

I dont know where you are getting that. At 47 minutes in the guy is asked the Question about why Sanguinius can't have a jump pack and the guy answers by saying "Because he's dead?"

Knights are bad for point value. I think Atropos and Lancer are the only ones that are close.

Literally World Eater's Red Butchers

>The Red Butchers were controlled only through the use of brutal shock implants and the prison of their specially constructed Terminator Armour into which they had been fused by the XIIth's Techmarines. In between battles the Red Butchers were hung in chains in the holds of the World Eaters' warships, foaming and screaming in impotent rage, until such time that they were released once again against the Loyalist forces of the Imperium or upon the innocent.

It's pretty good.
Except the red cloth. The contrast between the THICC line highlights and the cloth is a bit... much. Maybe a less bright red for main highlight, use that color for the corners/ end edges

Awesome.

>incredible savant appears out of nowhere to revolutionize and improve the works of the God Emperor of Mankind
>not Mary Sue
Yeah, okay. I'd give it 90% chance he's somebody's 40k roleplay character forcefully inserted into canon.

DG green spray base. Armour is wash of 50/50 athonian and agrax then dry brush with terminus stone.

Cloth is Khorne red, nuln oil and evil suns highlight

Rest is pretty standard stuff like leadbelcher and Balthazar Gold.

For back smoke I did celestra, ulthuan grey and glazed waywatcher green

I'm sorry for this...

Rise of Ynnari Ghost Warrior share anyone?

Who's the guy on the right?

I'm not sorry for this

You got chapter 1.
Come back tomorrow for Chapter 2

3 more days

Kill yourself already you worthless poorfag.

This is not a very good scheme. Should have gone with something other than white, it throws everything else off.

Double Thermal cannon renegade is likely the best atm from raw numbers. AM crusader in real game due to ignoring damage brackets.

Just buy it.

A wierd cat thing that Eldar keep around as pets.

>Oh you mean OUR right.

I like it, but there needs to be more white elsewhere if they're going to make the skull white. Alternatively, I think a red skull would look good.

>>incredible savant appears out of nowhere to revolutionize and improve the works of the God Emperor of Mankind
Outside of out of nowhere you're completely wrong. Cawl merely adapted the emperor's work on the primarchs to marines. All cawl made himself was the sinew coils and Belisarian Furnace, which are essentially some wires that make primaris stronger and adrenaline on steroids.
He also took thousands of years to do this, and was only able to because of his access to the emperor's note and working with the emperor to make marines, is also hated by most of mars and is a borderline tech heretic.
He's a far cry from a mary sue, just a savant with access to a lot of resources.

>begging
The absolute state of Ynnari players.

Stop giving him anything.

3 more days added begfag

Okay, I retract my Mary Sue argument. I hadn't heard it explained that way before.

Should've been gold

Sangy's death mask is like a tutorial on how to highlight faces.

Now THIS is a Mary Sue.

How the fuck does it ignore brackets?

1 CP to ignore brackets for a turn.

>I hadn't heard it explained that way before.
Fair enough. A lot of falsehoods surround gathering storm and the characters from it, especially with Cawl.
He's actually not half bad character, since his shtick is "really smart old guy who gives almost no fucks about the rules"
Will be interesting to see him fleshed out more if we ever see a novel about him

I did the helmets red and they look great with the skull face

Yep

A mary sue is a new character who gets to play with the big boys that have years of existing establishment and then do things they can't without having to put the in time to deserve the same status. Cawl is absolutely a mary sue and a 10000 years in secret asspull is just as bad as best in his class ever at the mechanicus academy.

Orks are mary sue?

So Veeky Forums, I bought the Genestealer Cults battleforce.

Should I assemble one of the kits as Metamorphs or Acolyte Hybrids? What about the Goliath? should I make it a Rockgrinder?

What effect does having macrocannons placed as external do? Will my crew have to don voidsuits to operate said cannons?

I'm asking again because I didn't get a cohesive answer from asking google.

Just give them that damn book already if you don't want to be overwhelmed by these requests every single day. Stop being faggots or we will all suffer for this. I just want this begging to end.

Nids are mary sue more than orks, at least a waagh has to have someone we've heard of in charge to make it a threat.

Battlebarges have a micro atmosphere around them that contains roughly 1% of the oxygen found here on earth. More than enough for some menials to go out and perform manual labor.

Thanks, user. Pretty close to what I was going to do with my DG, but I completely forgot about the DG spray.

I made it through a conversation with a GW employee about his primaris marine collection without telling him what I think of primaris marines and I feel like I deserve some kind of medal.

Their barrels are external but the mechanical bits are internal.

You don't.

Is the guy who was asking for advice on a chaos Leviathan dread still here? I was on public wifi earlier so I could only see the thread, not post.

I always figured Reivers were spec ops.
I did mine in black but kept their left pauldron the same as the rest of my army to show their iconography.

The thought of these scary infiltrators being armoured in bright yellow seemed stupid to me. The red looks good though

Congrats, user! You are almost ready for conversations with ordinary, real people! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll make it.

3 more days
If the fucker stops now maybe at the end of next year he will have it

The emps was too dead to save Sanguinius after killing Horus

i am a gw employee and today i made it through a conversation with a customer about his Primaris army without telling him that i find Primaris to be boring even though i do not hate them.

He has been in the hobby forever but for some reason he loves primaris to a degree i`d call unhealthy

I dont think i deserve a medal for that, after all i got paid for listening to him

What are your thoughts on Chaos Leviathan armaments post chapter approved ? I'm keen on getting a leviathan, but it doesn't look that attractive post grav bombard point increase.

>A mary sue is a new character who gets to play with the big boys that have years of existing establishment and then do things they can't without having to put the in time to deserve the same status.
A)That's not what a mary sue is
B)by that logic, any and all new important characters are mary sues.
And he litteraly did "put in the time to deserve the same status" He put in 10,000 fucking years, more than any other character outside of those like emps or the chaos gods.

>newbie in the universe
>learned from the god of death
>resurrects characters that have been dead for 10 millennia
>is thousands of years old despite looking 16
>is trusted by everyone, even by those who distrust everything
>is loved by everyone
>so much that she allies enemies who have hated each other for 10 millennia
>easily fixes the rubric and takes it back because Ahriman was mean to her
>wounds the untouchable

Anything I'm missing?

>30 points more in anyway a major change
No.

Okay so the chaos version gets an extra close combat attack over the loyalist version, and can partially heal itself in melee.

Combine that with the huge drop in price on a second siege drill, plus the fact that meltas are run and shoot weapons, and you should be pretty much set to go as a smashy death fridge.

Metamorphs are currently bollocks.

The truck, it depends.
Basic Goliath makes for a good shooting platform for neophytes going anti-tank.
Rock grinder is better at delivering small units of special weapon acolytes that you didn't want to ambush.

Fuck that, it was the same answer from you 3 days ago and still, every single day, we have the very same request. Why did you even say you have it? Don't you know what kind of place Veeky Forums is when it comes to 40k pdf's? Just admit you don't have it and they will stop. Now we got a begging shitstorm here that won't go quiet for a wile because of you.

A Sue is ultimately above all else a character the narrative can't stop sucking the cock of. A character who is constantly described as the most amazing thing ever, and who the plot buckles and distorts around as if getting sucked into a black hole of wankery.

Gulliman's a sue, Cawl is just an accessory.

Grav flux was always 65 for Chaos. Its the only real option anyway, BC arrays are dogshit.

What is the fastest faction in 40k?

It's difficult for me to choose a specific faction and this factor will decide it for me