EDH/Commander General - /edhg/

"The Epoch of the Un-Chad" Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What spicy untech are you hiding up your sleeve?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/muzzio-stuff/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>EDH is my passion

please seriously consider ending your life

so is there a better general than zur for the ow/censorship/opalesence combo?

Death to Sheldon

no u

If you don't like the game why are you in the thread?

*ruins your format*

>What spicy untech are you hiding up your sleeve?
Does Mana Screw + Krark's Thumb + Krark's Other Thumb count?

In case anyone missed it in the last thread

SAY THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE FORMAT!

>Aw yeah this commander looks sick, gonna be so fucking fun
>sure it basically builds itself and there's no reason to not just run whatever you see on edhrec but I'm sure I can make it my own somehow
>get bored of the idea halfway through deckbuilding
>repeat forever

help

what does krark's other thumb have to do with it, screw is just flipping a coin.

check this nerd
*plays with house rules*
heh, guess you didn't expect people playing at their own house huh

Official tg wort, the raidmother deck when?

THANKYOU SIR

I'm sick of your shit, Sheldon. Go die in a ditch.

Oh damn, you're right. I guess I misread it. I'm operating on about 5 hours of sleep with no coffee.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/muzzio-stuff/
help me make this less bad pls
im pretty sure i still need more land

Oh boy time to not get to talk about EDH for another thread over the shitposting

>Sheldon will NEVER die of throat cancer

Thanks senpai

Trips deserves a conversation. What would you like to talk about user? How do you feel about uncards in Commander?

I said thank him, not say r00d things

>try to talk about EDH
buried in shitposts
>try to talk about uncards in EDH
all responses are shitposts
>try to make a sincere EDH deck around uncommander
ignored in favor of shitposts

thanks sheldon.

Protip: if anyone plays nerf war against you, just toss their deck off the table. They can't complain and will hopefully learn a valuable lesson.

The rc lost the last scrap of legitimacy they had. Wizards takeover now.

THANK YOU SHELDOR

>chad doesn't even have colored contact lenses to beat black-bordered protection with his avatar
step it up senpai.

put a line on his muscles for the arm wrestling challenge.

I'd specifically like to talk about mulligans and the act of curving out in Commander. I've recently made a series of long-overdue adjustments to my favorite deck (manabase upgrades, replacing underperformers, etc.) and was shocked to see the deck's average CMC shoot up by 0.4. How does your curve and av. CMC affect how you mulligan, and what in general do you look for in an opening hand that makes or breaks it?

I also want to bring some attention to threaten/Control Magic effects in Commander after using Control Magic in an EM draft and sweeping with it. How viable do you think they are, and how often do you run them in your decks?

THANK YOU SHELDOR

>Strong legs from jumping up to high five anyone and everyone
>even if there's no high five triggers

me and my group were sure it was gonna be a ruling on allowing PW's as commanders since they're now legendary

or a banlist change
we wake up to this fucking shambles

Who Momir Vig, master of augmentations here?

I have palsy and I'm literally shaking.

Over 700 choices and I can't find a single one that interests me

i feel like if you're not just playing jumblemorph, a bant commander is the optimal augment deck, since you can use merman plus the squirrel pony nonsense, but no bant commander lets you dig them out of your deck.

You don't necessarily have to build around your commander. What colors do you want to play and what do you want your deck to do?

Someone wanna explain why the Pirate of Pirates is a fat old lady

There are old pirates and bold pirates but no old bold pirates.

most pirates don't live long enough to get fat or old. She did both. Don't fuck around.

Know what, I will actually accept this

>he doesn't want a badass pirate grandma

You ever hear those old sayings of how the oldest Viking in the village is the most dangerous? He's gotten that old because he's the best of them all.

He could be the most chickenshit viking

War is not about who wins, it's about who's left.

that's not how that saying goes.

Are you forgetting that supreme commander of the biggest pillaging and marauding fleet in the history of mankind was fat old lady?

I hate this art, why do they have a static character pose in a dynamic background? 2/3rds 1/3rd, don't center that bitch. I'd be pissed if I was this artists mom.

If I wanted to make a "I will make all of you kill each other then pick up the pieces" deck it'd be Gahiji or Grenzo and not Basandra right

I doubt Victoria ever lead a boarding party.

I liked the proposition that this card art is actually in-game art that she has hanging in her captain's cabin or something.

Possibly Fumiko, but not Basandra.

Gay dudes with edric, gahiji, ghostly prison and avatar of slaughter

this is honestly the greatest thing sheldon has ever done

the only thing that could top this would be to make all the commanders that do stuff from the command zone illegal

>"I will make all of you kill each other then pick up the pieces"
My Queen Marchessa deck in a nutshell.

is it fun

Oh man... How awesome would that be??
Also did you know that oloro is actually pretty decent even without the dripping life

How to handle the announcement
>Continue to play the game, if someone wants to use silver birder cards ask them which ones they are using. If they're doing boring shit like Sword of Dungeons and Dragons or Cheatyface, then gay shit like Chaos Confetti or Nerf War tell them to fuck off.

How not to handle the announcement
>Going as far as to quit the format or the entire game because some cards are going to be played in decks for 6 weeks tops

>No. My answer would be "I don't concede"

>If I were to ask you "Yes or no, do you concede?" would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
>No.
>Yes or no, do you concede?
>Fuck you.

Yes or no?

I'm dumb and forgot to finish a sentence. If they're running Cheatyface or sword of DnD or anthing else like that then just allow it

>Also did you know that oloro is actually pretty decent even without the dripping life
Last time I saw somebody actually cast Oloro, he ate a Darksteel Mutation the next turn

>forcing people not to play completely legal cards.

How does it feel to be a complete autist?

"Come out of your command zone you little shit I dare you"

I'm quitting the format because someone wants to play a The Big Idea deck. Rolling dice in a game? UNthinkable.
Now let me go play my foiled out Tazri Foodchain in peace away from this cancer.

Yes or no faggot. Can’t break the rules of a card you fucking autist

>If I were to ask you "Yes or no, do you concede?" would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
>No.
Nope. Nu-uh. Nah. Not today, chump!

Franky peanuts is a fucking cancer magnet. the only way to combat him is by being a bigger pedant.

>No.
Your nested question doesn't need a yes or no answer. I answered your question No. You weren't asking "Yes or no, do you concede", so I can pick any answer I want as long as it's not "No".

>fixing

rofl my play group is just ignoring that retarded rule. the one guy who showed up to play today with silver boarded cards was told he couldnt use them and he left all pissy

Why'd they Remove Lovisa's Lord type? This looks so fucking wierd

>Play Fatespinner
>Ask opponent what phase he chooses
>He just stares at me with a little smile on his face

there are no lords anymore.

y

Very. Don't worry too much about monarch, let everyone else kill each other over it while you jam out prison effects, then when they start to reassess threat, Worst Fears/Mindslaver the right player to screw the table at Maximum Force. I haven't had a chance to resolve Disrupt Decorum yet but that looks to be positively hilarious

Alternativley, if I can take back monarch (or hold it), Solitary Confinement is hilarious.

That's not a "yes or no" question however, so it's not a legal un-play.

something something vaguely defined creature type...? they all got the axe a good while ago.

MaRo clarified you can elaborate on an answer, so:
>No.
>No, I do not concede.

The answer is technically different.

They decided that the "Lord" Type was too intrinsically linked with mechanics (tribal Lord) rather than representing anything in flavor so they canned it. Lovisa was temporarily a Barbarian (and gave her bonus to Other barbarians) but then they decided to leave her with the same abominable typeline as Imposing Sovereign.

We really need either the return of "Lord" or a new "Noble" type.

Just one more reason why the older card is superior I guess

if any creature embodied the "lord" type it was Lovisa

You sound like a bit of a cunt m8.

>If I were to ask you "Yes or no, do you concede?" would your answerhave the same negative or positive connotation as the answer to this question?
there, now you can feel even cleverer until someone punches you in the face.

That's why the Frankie question needs to be

>If I were to ask you "Yes or no, do you concede?" would your answer have the same binary value as the answer to this question?

They can still get out of it with 'Mu' to the second question, but once you're at that level of autism Frankie becomes psuedo-vanilla.

Don't touch my Orzhov advisors.

I just keep thinking about that guy who tore up rares in exchange for uncommander games.

>If I were to ask you "Yes or no, do you concede?" would your answer have the same binary value as the answer to this question?
>No.
>01001110011011110111000001100101

>once you're at that level of autism Frankie becomes psuedo-vanilla

Or you just stop trying to be a pedantic twat and ask normal questions for a change.

What are the odds of the EDH committe making un-shit official permanently?

i can see them making a bunch of the commanders legal but that's about it

Maro gives an example where he says:
>Yes, I concede this game has been interesting.

So, no matter what stupid trick you try to do to get someone to concede, they can twist the words around. Frankie can't do shit trying to be clever about it. Just play it like it's intended.

>thread question
>be playing xenagod
>entwined tooth and nail
>fetch infinity elemental and pathbreaker ibex
>swing with hasted infinity/infinity trample ibex

>No.
>Why should I?
etc etc.

so many people worry about what bad things people can do with un-cards, when they should be worrying what kind of cool things they can do, like this guy

Redpill me on Wasitora

also on why doesn't she have 6 power

Heh

>has infinite power
Why not 100? Practically speaking, it's still a one shot. Goddammit Sheldon why did you do this?

I am saddened that they didn't leave her a Barbarian. God forbid a Coldsnap card is useful.

If you pull off entwined tooth and nail and get the attack off, you should win regardless.

So I can definitively declare that his power is maximum.

But Coldsnap always will!