EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previously: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
If you could color shift one card what would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-14637389-651434de444dabb70cb57ea14093577c.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gruul-mom-smackdown/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tg-makes-wort/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i am Paul, king of this thread
none are greater than I
SMD nigga

Pls r8 my life decissions

deckstats.net/deck-14637389-651434de444dabb70cb57ea14093577c.html

dead game lmao

>If you could color shift one card what would it be?
Steal Artifact into monored.

SJW tumblr faggots so mad that they can't compete with my non-counterfeit cards of quality and value that they have to attempt to destroy the entire game. Sad!

I can see that happening with "until end of turn"

are there any other combos similar to painter's servant + grindstone. I want to use grindstone in multiplayer edh. thanks in advance

yeah it makes me kinda sad that the faggots took over

Sphinx's Tutelage has the same effect as Grindstone, I think

Play it in Zedru so you can donate Celestial Dawn.

>evens
wort raidmother spellslinger
>odds
ruric stax
>dubs
edhg chooses a gruul commander and theme for me

ok ill look into this thanks

Enjoy wort user!

What a coincidence I was getting ready to post my own wort list for some feedback

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gruul-mom-smackdown/

Suggestions:
Add Howl of the horde.
Add vengeful rebirth

Take out abundance and gaea's blessing

Honestly if you play this card don't even talk to me. Go away. Come back never.

Meant to post in modern thread bud?

Also your general strategy for winning seems to be x-lite, maybe add a clan Defiance and a few others?

It already has happened in Kaladesh and it was shit. Why the hell can't a color that a) constantly depicts goblins pillaging and stealing shit b) is supposed to be the "artifact terror" color have an indefinite artifact steal effect? You can even rationalize it in the color pie as sort of a "destroy target artifact with a little bit extra"

Legalize silver border. Silver border deaths: 0

Thoughts on this commander?

my favorite so far, decided to base the deck around infect and it's been pretty successful, but it's a little tough to kill multiple players

Seems pretty mediocre in a multiplayer format desu. Could be scary if you voltron it but there are just better creatures for that, particularly commanders that you have guaranteed access to every game.
TNN was never printed in a standard set, it isn't Modern legal.

Because giving Red the ability to affect anything past the current turn would be in Blue’s Part of the Color Pie. :^)

Guess I know who I'm naming now

Fun with all those creatures who come in with eldrazi spawn and scions.
Also good with fetchlands, crop rotation, clue tokens, and seal of primordium/doom, executioner capsule, mind stone stuff.

Don't cast him unless you have stuff to sacrifice in the same turn for immediate value. Bonkers with rishkar, gyre sage, and cryptolith rites.

What would be the best general for casting pic related? Im thinking Arjun so I can wheel until I draw it or nivix so I can bait out counterspells with my general.

I havent been to my lgs since the locals started using combo decks but the new rules really gave me the strength I needed to try out EDH again. I've been at home brewing and practicing my aim on my old edh decks and I haven't been this excited to play magic in a while. I've gotten to the point where I can confidently knock 80 cards off a deck so thats 40 damage, perfect for edh.
I can't wait to wipe the smiles off of the bullies faces and send them and their combo decks packing :)

Riku. Copy it as many times as you can

this is the second hand from this commander i've shown and no one guessed the first or the second hand yet. the deck is an old list that has not been updated in 2 years

>TNN isn't modern legal
Says the EDH babby. Of course he is.

We have enough trolling going on in magic threads. If you aren't psyops /pol/tard then just shut the fuck up with your weak bait.

Question for the thread: what's the most you have spent on a card? (in cash, not trade). What's the most valuable card you own worth?

Cards printed in supplemental sets only go into Legacy, Vintage, and EDH. Otherwise you'd have stuff like Swords to Plowshares entering Modern by way of the Vampire precon.

Right, it's Legacy/Vintage, not Modern, whoops

Most expensive I've purchased is probably Verdant Catacombs, and most expensive I own otherwise is an Azusa I traded for as a kiddie. She's my favorite.

>what's the most you have spent on a card?
$300 for a Mishra's Workshop a couple years ago.

>What's the most valuable card you own worth?
The very same Mishra's Workshop, with a couple years of appreciation.

I don't even understand the artwork. To me it's just some weird grimace.

I imagine it's meant to be some kind of furnace.

There's a new one for Vintage Masters on MODO.

Doesn't work anymore.

Decks can generate off-color mana now.

That looks completely soulless. I rather have the Foglios get drunk and paint cartoon characters in all the colors of the rainbow, than the computer generated generic stuff we have now.

And?

There is some MODO-only art I really want on an actual card

It does fucking nothing but manafix them?

>all spells cost W
>all lands generate W

Read the card in

ah, still doesn't work because it doesn't change the color of lands.

But it's already happened in first expansion. It's not as good as auras, but still gets the job done

Oh, I have a couple valuable cards.

Purchased:
>Phyrexian Obliterator
>Blightsteel
>Demonic Tutor
>mana crypt

Most valuable I own? I've been very lucky with the past sets
>Mana Drain
>Verdant Catacombs
>prerelease ugin
>fetid heath expedition
>bloodmoon invocation
>masterpiece wurmcoil
>Lord of Extinction invocation (same fatpack as bloodmoon)
>Chains of Mephistopheles I bought off a guy at a yardsale for $50

probably purphoros until I sold it. Now I think Rise of the dark realms is my most expensive card. Thinking about buying bribery though

Foil Purph.

i bought a gaeas cradle about a week ago for $280

>live in Rhode Island
>everyone and his grandma seems to have Hascon cards
Tomorrow's EDH assembly will be a hellscape of darts

Might be my Verdant Catacombs as well.
The most valuable card i own is a City of Traitors that showed up in my collection ages ago from parts unknown.

if i went to an LGS and someone hit me with a nerf gun id probably take out my actual gun and politely have them leave the shop, or beat them half to death

>color shift.

Can I color shift white to have the counterspells that make players pay x mana to prevent the counter?

I am just salty from my lack of stack interactions, and I want more then just pic related

>Playing a children's card game with Nerf guns

>Psycho pulls out a gun and points it at me.

Yeah, I'm gonna take shit that will get you thrown in jail or shot by anyone else who can concealed carry for 500, Alex.

If someone hit me with a nerf gun I would unsheathe my trusted Katana from my back and teach them a lesson they won't forget.

The most I've dropped on a single card is 40$ for a snapcaster mage. I think it's the most expensive card I own, too at 55$ average tcg price. Also, one of my favorite cards because the same day I bought it, I had the following plays over consecutive turns:
>Cryptic Command
>Archaeomancer
>Cryptic Command
>Izzet Chronarch
>Cryptic Command
>Mystic Retrieval
>Cryptic Command
>Flashback Mystic Retrieval
>Cryptic Command
>Snapcaster -> Cryptic Command
All so I could stall the game against Omnath, Locus of Rage and try to find a more permanent solution. I kept drawing into stuff that let me recast cryptic. I lost that game.

hello des

Mishra?

And then you'd go the fuck to jail and deserve it for being the epitome of what people think of 'this is not why concealed carry exists'.

I'd allow them to play the card but only if they allow me to tear up a nerf gun from their collection

If anyone plays minds dilation, or any steal card, I scoop on the spot. I'm not letting some greasy neckbeard touch my cards.

I got a italian tabernacle for 160€ a couple of years back. Most expensive for EDH tied between italian moat and gaea's cradle for around 150€ each

I'm fine with free wins.

ive wanted to make that deck for a while now. what kinda stuff does it do? aside from the general everything ive tried to put together is so unfocused

>playing without sleeves
what are you stupid?

Wurmcoil Engine, was $13 when I bought it. Most expensive card I've ever purchased. Other noteable cards would be Krark-clan Ironworks, Parallel Lives, & Lifeline.

I think right now the most expensive card I own is Chromatic Lantern which I got in the Ydris precon.

I'll be honest, mine is a mess too. You have some light Voltron, curving Hero's Blade into Yasova gives you a 3 turn clock and enough power to steal most things at the table. You have the theft permanence of Bazaar Trader and Conjurer's Closet, sac outlets like Goblin Bombardment, some general green goodstuff and ramp, a little counter magic, even some land destruction once people started playing Homeward Path.

Oh and Willbreaker because the interaction with Yasova is hilarious and puts people on tilt like nothing else.

>Playing with greasy neckbeards

yuck

>Discord

Anything that both red and blue can do red can only do temporarily as a hard and fast rule

ya sorry, when i noticed it in the OP i copied it was too late to delete the thread

Rules question. So my opponent activates mirror match but I have an artifact giving my creatures +0/+2 while it is on the field.

Do his tokens copy the +0/+2 or no?

No. Tokens don't copy anything other than the printed values of the thing they're copying, with a few exceptions caused by other copy effects. They won't copy bonuses like that, +1/+1 counters, abilities granted by other effects, etc.

Can you play a kill spell in response to Dromoka and kill it or does it's ability activate as soon as it's cast?

you can counter him, or use spells on the stack. but once he hits the field, he activates.

I specifically meant Dragonlord which can't be countered.

I'm just wondering if when he's cast you can cast a kill spell in response or does he have to be on the field first before he can even be targeted?

unless it targets a spell, you can't. whenever you cast something like doomblade, you need to choose the creature already on the field then cast it.

Fair enough, there was a long stretch where we could let our vigilance lapse.

How do you go about finding people who play in your city? I built a deck but don't know anyone who plays near me and don't want to use MTGO.

>HIM

use the WPN store finder to find a store near you and just go ask people to play. alternatively ask your friends to play

you will want to shoot yourself keeping track of the counters

The OFFICIAL TG Wort Raidmother deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tg-makes-wort/

>He doesn't use fireball dice

this deck could be made better for cheaper

You think that's bad? You should hear the rest of my album

those dice are honestly a nightmare to keep track of. if i had a dollar for everyone ive lost

But it's made by piece by piece by tg
So that's priceless

i actually used dice like that
i had different creatures and tokens with different amounts of counters and effects that multiply them... it just became more trouble than its worth so I built prossh like a degenerate
pic related

I literally lose my phone and wallet at least once a month and I've yet to lose one of those dice while playing edh 2x a week and DND 1x a week for 4 years
It's really easy just keep them in the case

most ive spent
$140 on an expedition sol ring for my pirate deck

most valuable
tabernacle(my brother gave me his collection 10ish years ago before everything got expensive)

>have a group of four to start playing edh with
>one doesn't know how to play, but really wants to learn
>one really wants to play, but is super poor
>the last one is a super competitive try-hard who I know will invest $100s into his deck
>i have never really played edh, only built fun, gimmiky fnm decks to try and go 2-2
>everyone either hasn't played in 6 years or has never played

How fucked is my group? Is the game pretty balanced with 4 players, no matter the power levels? I would imagine it's like Cosmic Encounter where the most powerful player starts with a huge target on their back to keep the game even. I can tell already the decks will be two barely modified Commander decks, one competitive deck, and a pile of jank I put together.

my play group drinks while playing though

The tryhard is going to make the rest of you miserable. You might all target him first, but he's going to win the majority of your games, assuming he's a good player and not just rich.

Best to start with precons
Just not from this year

You could just allow proxies, and find out what level of power people like to play at. New guy and poor kid will never shell out for expensive stuff unless they find out they like it too. Rich guy doesn't have to be held back in what he is "allowed" to play with, and not worrying about dosh makes jank prosper (imagine mairsil in a deck with candelabra and grim monolith).

This is coming from a guy that pimps 3k+ decks and still aims for a lower level of power when deckbuilding.

honestly sounds like your group will do pretty well. the try hard will make your group evolve and keep the meta interesting but you will need to set some ground rules with him more than likely about money spent. the new player will will be unpredictable and will keep you on your toes. the super poor guy can be happy with a precon or two and will make use of dollar bin tech which is always fun. gimmick decks are fine too and will add the above by playing interesting strats.

the biggest hurdle is going to be making sure the try hard doesnt go full turn 2 combo but if he is a reasonable person you should just be able to talk to him about it and he will understand.

my group was basically like yours when we started last year, dont be discouraged. id start by having everyone get a precon and just just sleeving them up and play and going from there

He is good, which sucks. I'm okay at best, and the others are new. I think because they are coming from boardgames, they want something customizable, but expect everything to be balanced as well. I don't think that exists in MtG if people are willing to spend more money than you.

Give me a fun Boros Commander