Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Space Marines Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for more Primaris
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved full Strats, Traits, Relics, Powers, and Reece Spin lmao
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=WpwAP1GyuLg

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=fMxW8xJ85P8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the return of hammer of wrath in the ork codex

See these guys actually have much more space marine like proportions than primaris do.

Third for DE

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Alright gents, Chart-user jr. here. From now on I'm gonna be updating the mathhammer sheet, as I have some free time coming up and chart-user won't be updating it anymore. First order of business is to update CA points, then filling in the missing factions (SM and Tyranids), then see what else needs checking. Assorted mathhammer too when I'm bored. Any specific requests? Will be around the next few days.

Incidentally, I also made an offensive (expected damage to targets and points per wound) and defensive (hits to kill and cost per) chart aimed at TEQs and heavy infantry. It's easy to fill in, so if you want to check how tough something is say the word and I'll put it in. And incidentally, yes, Plagueburst Crawlers are tougher than Land Raiders (against Plasma and stronger).

and yet primaris look so much better

Rise of the Ynnari share anyone?

Not because of the lanky ass proportions though, that's for sure.

fuck off nigger faggot jew

>Plagueburst Crawlers are tougher than Land Raiders (against Plasma and stronger).
>for ~145 pts
So the proper tactic is to just fucking ignore them, right?

It's not really that good.
Stop asking.

>t. actually bought it

Why do I never have the time of people to play 40k games?

*or people

Is this book really worth the money?

You want to tie them up in melee if possible.

I bought it specifically to post random pages to beggar user to wind him up but I'm beginning to think the ruse was on me because now I've spent £10 on a book I don't even want to read for a faction which is now dead.

Its a poorly thought out slapjob made to sell paper

>Tyranids
>Wip
Can you please do Hive Guard and/or Exocrene options first? Please. I'm really bad at math and I can't understand anything but simple numbers.

Did Cawl also fix BA's thirsty desire for xeno love.

Looks good to me. Very tall people tend to be longer in the legs than torso, so the old marines being top-heavy was always unnatural when I considered they were supposed to be so tall.

If you are playing with your friends in a fluffy way why the hell should you care about tournament players and carefully crafted balance with matched play ?

GW should have left the codex Power level only and maintained an online list building software that is point based.

This way careful balance patch, complex costing (weapon price depending of the platform instead of flat weapon + flat platform price) could be done.

This way no one get confused about what is legal or not (The number of retards that insist that Thousand Sons can only field rubric from the index, or Battlescribe still describing the Adepta Sororitas priest with a free bolt pistol), you can push changes to all player at once and you instantly build competitive army in a few clicks.

I'm gonna ask my group of 12 people if they wanna buy in for a copy to photocopy any pages they want and save us all money...

Then buy more Dark Eldar with the money

>Triggering autists for days
>not worth 10 money
I mean, if I had a phone that could take pictures I would do the same.

Not even remotely close. Have one copy for the gaming group if you want to play the new, imbalanced missions and photo-copy the point changes for your army (if you got any).

The faction updates are almost all garbage, the land raider rules are both useless (open play) and extremely lacking in options, and the core rule changes are retarded.

'ave a gander at row 104 of the Heavy Infantry (defense) tab. They're harder to kill for their points that damn near everything except for Brimstones. It's damage is not that shabby, but it's low enough that you can focus on other shit because man, your time is almost always better spent killing something else.

Melee it with a rhino/whatever redundant cheap bodies.

BA to do list
>kill some civilians you are send to rescue and drink their blood
>have sex with some necrons
>be fabiolous

Hiveguard are the best Ranged Anti-vehicle in the tyranid codex. If you can deal with the 24" range.

I never really delve deep into mission or campaign shit so all I need is the point values, stratagems, and warlord traits for my Orks which I already have online, so at least for me, no.

>The number of retards that insist that Thousand Sons can only field rubric from the index,
Page 116 called and said you should stop those ridiculous mental gymnastics trying to get around it.

I am known for having some really good luck. Will i be good at this game?

True, have a page

Nobody is ever going to be as obsessed with Jews as you are, you fucking autist

Yes, so I've been told.
But a unit of 6 is worth more points than a Tyrant with wings and I don't know if I should just slam more tyrants into tanks or get some shooters.

Marines aren't tall humans, they have unnaturally broad builds like If you took the details from a primaris, put them onto the proportions of a Sigmarine and got rid of the weird exposed midriff of MK10 chest armour, you'd have a good oversized marine model.

Oh, the Ynnarri stole the Hand of Darkness? Good, that relic was awful.

What core rule changes?

More like this?

Who else requested that they finally squat sisters in the Warhammer Community survey? I figure if enough people say so as well, they will hurry up what they've been doing anyways and remove them once and for all.

user listen carefully, you are the chosen one to save us from this beggarium disease. Only you have the antidote. The fate of all 40k general threads lies in your hands. You are our only hope. You know what to do.

>Marines aren't tall humans, they have unnaturally broad builds
And that doesn't look nearly as good as tall humans, which I'm saying that I prefer.

dubs confirm user has really good luck, you will be good at this game.

same

I play sisters but id rather they went away than exist in this state

fuck off faggot go ruin AoS threads some more

What the hell is this KV-2 model?

Alright, I'll put it on the queue. Actually, I think I'll do it right now, I'm procrastinating for something else.

Yes.

What hive fleets are you planning on running?

The Character targeting rules are hilariously nonsensical now. You can't target a character if there's something closer, even if you don't have LoS to the closer target. Also, these rules may or may not apply to close combat attacks. Also, the new wording disallows targeting any character below 10 wounds, not just those that start below 10 wounds (have fun killing Magnus now).

Why would they make the rule worse? It was already a pretty stupid rule and they just made it 10x worse, especially if that 10 wounds thing is true.

Pretty sure it's just a russ with a plasticard turret.

I'm running Kraken.
But if I want to have a competitive list for real tournaments I think I need to get a detachment of a Kronos Guards or Exocrene/fexes

Thanks friend.

I... I know what to do user, I have to release the pdf into the thread and put an end to all This, it's the right and just thing to do...

but I play dark eldar, I don't want to help anyone.

>Also, the new wording disallows targeting any character below 10 wounds, not just those that start below 10 wounds (have fun killing Magnus now).
That's not true, check out the rule at 3:00 youtube.com/watch?v=fMxW8xJ85P8

Seriously though, it took me a while to realise, but the weird "exposed midriff" effect of the chest plate is actually my biggest gripe about the look of primaris marines. It ends up over-accentuating their waist and makes their torso look longer than it actually is.

So I’m making a Captain conversion with the Teeth Of Terra relic.

Has anyone had any decent luck or care to give any advice on how he plays? I’d love to run him often once he’s done.

You can theoretically block LoS with your own models in order to snipe out characters (never actually happens because it's trivially easy to prevent). Beyond that, it's just the usual GW inability to write for shit or proofread.

Are grotzookas on killa kans worth it? They can pump out some decent shots, but the rokkits seem more useful with their high damage, strength, and AP.

>people bitch about marines not having waists
>GW gives them waists
>TOO MUCH WAIST! TOO MUCH WAIST
Jesus christ, marine players

Hiveguard > Tfex > exocrine

If you are planning on shooting at tanks.

If you were planning on running behemoth, i'd say go for my flyrants.

He can have a waist! Just lower the bottom line of the chest plate so he doesn't look like a fucking belly dancer!

The hydra is much more akin to a M113 SIDAM than the old german shit being displayed.

Alright Veeky Forums, lets get those OC engines fired up; I want you to make a new Named Character for your faction! They need a good back-ground, some feats, and a unique gimmick/playstyle.

they ok dog: short range, no ap, and inconsistent amount of shots can be troublesome but they are cheaper than rokkits but not much more so to really be worth taking them over rokkits imo.

Glad my friends wouldn't abuse the 10 wounds shit, even though we've only got one guy with Mortarion.

We have been discussing targeting a lot within my group specifically whether you can target a character out of line of sight with artillery that doesnt require line of sight if the character is closest.

Ragnarok tank, it's an old mini from the 3rd edition

because of your sloppy proofreading

>Sisters of Silence don't have any effect on Eldar
Y

I don't think any of the hull parts are from a russ kit. Seems more like actual KV-2 model with additional card/bitz stuff on it than a retrofit of aruss.

>We have been discussing targeting a lot within my group specifically whether you can target a character out of line of sight with artillery that doesnt require line of sight if the character is closest.

I'd say no, you basically turn the artillery pieces into sniper howitzers.

Orks need more units; specifically more squig units. 40k needs more squigs asap.

Well my fleet is not painted in a standard colour so I can run it as anything.
My friend bought a baneblade and it was like a solid rock wall that I couldn't chew through which is why I was thinking of getting something to shoot it with.

If it's as bad as people say, then reading it will cause greater suffering because of all the work spent trying to get it. And remember what Vect did: Told the story of the Fall to a human, but left without finishing it.

>It ends up over-accentuating their waist and makes their torso look longer than it actually is.
No, it makes it look normal now, when before they didn't have a fucking waist at all and looked retarded. Your perception of marine bodies has been warped by the terrible proportions of marinelets.

You already can't shoot the character if it isn't closest with arty, he's talking about whether you can shoot a character at all if it's out of LoS.

>but I play dark eldar, I don't want to help anyone.

That does not matter dear user. Aren't we all players who like 40k as a whole. This unites us and gives us strength in times of need. Cast aside all doubt and do what must be done. I know you can do it.

Artillery rules disable the los check when targeting.

Character rules disable you from targeting it, period.

What is there to discuss ?

most faction changes are great. DE, harlies, necrons, sisters all got strong stratagems and/or relics. Most factions got some good points drops (admech being the biggest winner, I shaved 130 points off my list).

That being said I am not buying it for $35. $15 I would.

Disregard that. Chassis is chimera.

>My friend bought a baneblade and it was like a solid rock wall

Buy a pic related

literally any TO would say that the wounds vs wounds characteristic thing is bullshit and theyre still targetable. If your friends abuse it, theyre not good friends.

I just run squigs in proxy

Heres my deffkoptas

I agree but the guard players argue there's no ruling against it. Ignore line of sight basically means they CAN see the character if he's nearest.

Gay edition is gay, gets even more broken with Chapter Approved crap.

Dont reward him, literally everyone telling you to release it is just him samefagging. He can pony up.

And yet still better than 7th

I'm just gonna go back to 2nd honestly

No.
7 was bad, but this is worse.

Post an email. You'll get it.

>even more broken
Explain. If anything the points drops are happening where they're needed, even if they're not enough.

There you go, user. Look for them in the Tyranids tab. Not doing the point efficiency chart until I'm done with them all, which'll take a while because damn if the fucking bugs aren't customizable.

That sure is some nice not listening to me in the slightest you managed there.

The new torso proportions are fine.

But the -belly dancer midriff gap- over-accentuates the length of the torso. My problem is not in any way the length of the torso, it's the shape of the breastplate.

This is nowhere near the level of shit that 7th was.

Hell 8th is still better than 5th, 6th OR 7th.

Guy telling him to release it here: Not samefagging. I legit want to taste the tears of Ynnari players when they read an apparently terrible book.

>7 was bad, but this is worse.

7th is arguable. 5th and 6th were better.

It doesn't look like a belly-dancer midriff you retarded mongoloid it has plated fucking armour over it. It doesn't over-accentuate anything, it looks far better than all the previous armours.

Do not listen to him! His are words and thought are that of a heretic. Chaos speaks through him.

Teeth of Terra is very good. It is strong, and it costs zero points unlike some of the relics that replace something expensive like a power axe or whatever.

Expect a captain to mostly stand around and make your shooting good with reroll 1s, but when he hits close combat the Teeth of Terra is cheap and strong.

No. Fuck him. Keep it up. Think of it as a 40k Christmas Carol, sponsored by BL.