Games Workshop shares up 150%

thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5135791/Games-Workshop-gearing-sharp-rise-sales.html

>Nottingham-based group expecting half year sales of around £109m, up 54%
>Operating profits expected to be around £38m, up from £13.8m
>Share price up over 6%, having seen an increase of over 150% in a year
>According to FactSet figures, the performance of Games Workshop's shares make it the top stock on the FTSE All-Share Index over the last year.
>The group, which makes three-quarters of its sales overseas, saw its annual profits rise from £16.9million to £38.4million last year and was given a boost by the dwindling value of the pound.

GW is gonna die soon, eyep. Any day now.

Nobody has said GW was in imminent danger of dying since they got their shit together in the last couple of years. The shitstorm around Age of Sigmar has died down, and it's selling well. And now Eighth Edition is resulting in strong sales despite a small portion of the customer base upset about Chadmarines and Girlyman. Then there are the successful relaunches of related products.

It's almost like a company can fix things that it's fucking up and customers will respond well.

>Nobody has said GW was in imminent danger of dying since they got their shit together in the last couple of years

Not OP and this thread is stupid, but this is literally untrue. You either are new, don't come here often enough, AND you couldn't be bothered to verify this with a super easy archive search.

It's also like kicking out a retard CEO who doesn't understand what he's selling saved the company

>GW is gonna die soon, yep. Any day now.
Nobody has claimed this since Kirby left as CEO and they got their act together.

I'm not going to waste my time looking for more than two because you're a fucking idiot and are already wrong and I shouldn't even have to waste this much time proving how fucking stupid and wrong you are to begin with.

>he literally thinks "literally" means "literally" on the internet

So any of you guys actually made money from GW profits? I've earned a cool 29% since i bought it around the start of 8th ed. I didnt buy that many shares though, because i was just checking it out.

You never said literally in your posts you dumb backpedaling faggot.

Can people who have played 8th explain what made them get back into it? I don't enjoy the fluff now, especially the Black Library stuff, so I wasn't able to get excited.

My bad.
>he thinks "nobody" literally means 0 people
Better?

This. The only reason they CAN go up by such a massive amount so quickly is because of how badly they were fucking up before.

So how many dozens of idiots am I going to have to quote to get you to shut the fuck up and go away and prove you wrong?

Because it's a SHIT load of people. Rountree was appointed in 2015. Two fucking years you think people haven't been making GW hate threads?

The first one is saying the opposite of what you apparently think it is.

Someone had to have said it for him to reply to.

Then why not show that post instead?

>Rountree was appointed in 2015
Oh, jeez, a whole two years ago? It's almost like turning around a big company from foundering to thriving isn't an overnight job.

Hey, a hate thread isn't the same thing as 'going to die any day'!
Disney will outlive us all, but I'll still happily proclaim that they're shit.

>if I just keep moving the goalposts he'll forget that my original claim was that nobody on 4 chan has acted like a retard and beleived obviously false things during a 2 year period.

>hate the 8th ed lore shitshow with all my might
>Hate the reason they brought girlyman back because it was poorly written, it was teased editions ago that he will return but was kind of an asspull
>Chadmarines are awfully written and make me angry because some of their units are just flat out ugly and not a pleasent look
>Hey look Black Templars aren't as awful as they used to be and melee is pretty viable, maybe not competitively but still
>mfw i fell for it and i got a list ready and have savings
I won't buy it directly from them, retail sellers should work better
I know that they won't die anytime soon, that's clear, the sales are ridiculous, but if i can bleed them out of some shekels, I can die happily

It got a lot less strict than 7th
More freedom in assaulting, and the removal of the enormous disadvantage low-initiative armies had, as well as the option for losing units to quit a fight on their terms
Wounding and armour-piercing changed so high T is no longer quite as unassailable and one point of AP is no longer the difference between worthless or effective against 2+
Armour and facings done away with and rolled into the more durable toughness stat, addition of damage charts so that giant shit is no longer supreme so long as it has one wound left
Everything bigger than a foot soldier also got pricier so it no longer became a simple equation of 'big shit rules, infantry are worthless'
Being able to choose powers and traits lets you avoid shit you don't want and play to your style

Any chance they'll be using this spare cash to expand their production in any way, so they stop running out of shit so much and pump out new designs at a faster rate?

Waiting for that 1 faggot to start telling us how rich he is because he bought GW shares last year.
He even goes on /pol/ and says it.

You stupid lad