Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Formations
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Chapter Approved Points Leaks, the tears lmao
imgur.com/a/D1Kxa#wIJNCgr
>Chapter Approved full Strats, Traits, Relics, Powers, and Reece Spin lmao
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/25/chapter-approved-review

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=A5LlRisUdtA

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

WHERE IS THE PDF

sent :^)

Nth for outrageous pricing

Did we get BA leaks already?

How? Explain to me the way you fire with them while they're not on the table and then deepstrike them down as if it's the movement phase. Because otherwise you're a fucking moron and the fire and fade stratagem and it's FAQ literally has no bearing on this.

If star-gods that are basically indestructible can somehow exist, cuz reasons, then why not perpetuals? They’re basically one celled star gods, yah?

ty

nth for nids

fuck that wasn't supposed to reply

And you missed out on trips. Not a good start to the day mate.

I painted up some nids a couple months pre codex for fun, and now that theyre supposedly strong ingame Im thinking of expanding.

Where would I go from what I have here?
>swarmlord
>tyranid prime
>3 warriors
>10 gargoyles
>broodlord
>21-24 genestealer if I can find them all
>old metal lictor

You fire and fade a different unit and deep strike the hawks.

Winters Seo has a review but it's missing the exact points values. Though it does have enough to know not to buy Baal Predators since they're still 30 points more expensive than a Razorback for identical stats.

I hear that Biovores are pretty strong as well as exocrines, but I don't play nids so take that with a bit of salt.

See

Do Fire and Fade create an additional Movement Phase for the player ?
If yes, you can deepstrike any unit at the end of it.
If not, you can't.

Here's a question for you. If an enemy he's a rule that applies to an enemy movement phase would you ignore it even though ALL RULES APPLY

PLASTIC SISTERS
P L E A S E
L
E
A
S
E

It does. It litterally does, why would games workshop go so far out of their way to specify movement phase and allow eldar to do it but not them?

That's literally not what the stratagem says you fucking nonce.

>You can use this stratagem after a friendly Asuryani unit shoots in your shooting phase. If you do so the unit can immediately move 7"as if it were the movement phase.

Where in there do you even get the FAINTEST WHIFF that you can do that shit?

because people hate everything that is black library, doubly so for horus heresy. speaking of perpetuals, how exactly do they work? do they just have the ability to regenerate from any injury, no matter how grievous? like, could they survive being broken down to a single cell, or is there a limit to how much punishment they can take?

>you can move the unit as if
>the unit as if
>as if
>AS IF

You're fucking retarded mate, just fucking go neck yourself.

Can you deep strike Seraphims with act of faith ? If yes, how come none of the WAAC ever did it before ? Because that's a 4 melta 1 plasma unit that could deepstrike before your own movement phase, move 12", shoot it's melta in a character at point blank to delete it and charge your precious shooty unit.

Much better than any shitty hawks shenanigans.

THE FUCKING FACT THAT SAYS THEY CAN
>Which, if any, Movement phase rules apply to a move made with the Fire and Fade Stratagem? A: All such rules apply.

Eldar favoritism

HOW
DO
YOU
PICK
THE
HAWKS
AFTER
A
DIFFERENT
UNIT
SHOOTS
YOU
FUCKING
MORON
THE
STRATAGEM
APPLIES
TO
THE
UNIT
THAT
SHOT

>why would games workshop go so far out of their way to specify movement phase
Meaning you can advance, embark, fly other units, etc...

>allow eldar to do it but not them?
english plz.

>If yes, how come none of the WAAC ever did it before ?
Maybe things are made up as time goes on.

Maybe this is a new thing.
Maybe the wording is different.
Maybe waac fags are uncreative and only do what they read online

BECAUSE IT WORKS AFTER ANY OF YOUR FUCKING MOVEMENT PHASE!

Even if it did, Deep Strike only happen at the end of the movement phase.
Fire and Fad only allow a single unit move to be made as it was the move phase.

This does not make the end of the shooting phase the end of the move phase.

There are two things you can't seem to read, yet still use the term 'literally'. One is that the next question to your fucking smoking gun point defines what they mean by "following movement rules". Minimum movement, rules that occur during movement, and such. Additionally, it tells you to treat it as if it were the movement phase, not that it creates a movement phase out of sequence. If that were the case, the Eldar player would get to Fire and Fade, move, then start casting psychic powers again because oh look it's the psychic phase again! After all, the rule book does tell you to resolve the phases in order, that's very explicit!

Damn, Lahmian Medium makes such smooth layers

>ules that occur during movement
Fucking false

It says any rules that apply to the movement PHASE

Explain how the middle of the shooting phase with an out of sequence move is the same as "at the end of the Move Phase".

Do you speak english ?

Do you have in fact one move phase for each of your unit when they move ? Because the core rules only list one move phase per turn.

>casting psychic powers again because oh look it's the psychic phase again
You honestly can't be this retarded to think a phase that comes after another is the same as something that applies rules to a certain phase.

Rules, yes. Not abilities. Things like deep striking are abilities, not rules.

No it doesn't, it asks which movement phase rules apply.

Okay so you're saying...

1. Fire with some fucking dire avengers
2. Use fire and fade
3. Despite fire and fade only allowing you to move the unit that fired you somehow nominate your swooping hawks
4. Because, and I quote, "IT WORKS AFTER ANY OF YOUR FUCKING MOVEMENT PHASE" you I guess then can deepstrike your swooping hawks during thid movement phase with a stratagem that can't target them.

Did I get that right? Did I properly portray your ignorant fucking mouth vomit? If not, please describe what I got wrong.

>RULES
>ABILITIES
these things are different, user

>"at the end of the Move Phase".
Because its a rule that applies to any movement phase.
The faq says any rule that apply to any movement phase are valid.

Therefore
It's valid.

Yeah. Sadly the end of the Move phase is NOT when you finished moving a unit. It is when you declare the end of the move phase. Then it's the beginning of the psychic phase. If fire and fade wording was :

"2CP - Immediatly play an extra move phase where you can only move one unit. This move phase end as soon as this unit have finished it's movement", then well, yeah, you could deepstrike shit.

oh fuck my life
carnifexes are good in both melee armys and shooty armys

see

>Despite fire and fade only allowing you to move the unit that fired you somehow nominate your swooping hawks

I use their ability that triggers after a movement phase.

And again.
>Which, if any, Movement phase rules apply to a move made with the Fire and Fade Stratagem? A: All such rules apply.

The end of the movement phase isn't a movement phase rule.

See

This post is correct.

Next topic of discussion: Are Inquisitors worth it? 55 points for a tougher Primaris Psyker with a bubble of Ld9.

>tfw 8th dumbs down the rules for Americans and they still argue over the simplest shit

Which, if any, Movement phase rules apply to a move made with the Fire and Fade Stratagem? A: All such rules apply.
Going to just keep posting this.

Look I'll keep repeating this, until someone says "no movement phase abilities that the enemy has don't trigger when you use this ability" that it ignores all things like that.

Movement phase only ends once per turn, when someone says "I'm done with my movement phase"

Post interesting conversions!

You must be illiterate, user.

>as if it is the movement phase

How does that imply it is a movement phase?

Brainlet. Chug your paint water.

>I've been proven to be incorrect, but I will continue posting the same thing I've been saying before to prove nothing in return but the stubborn butthurt that I'm suffering.

Nothing has to say it, that FAQ blurb proves nothing. It asks about movement phase rules, not movement phase abilities. Why would you keep reposting it?

okay user.

>Movement phase rules apply

The movement phase rules are the following :
>Moving
>Minimum Move
>Enemy Models
>Falling Back
>Advancing.

More specifically, this FAQ was released to address both Minimum Move and Advancing.

Transports embarking have nothing to do with the move phase. They are only related to a unit action (moving).

Usually, out of sequence rules have wording like "as if it were the xxx phase", meaning that rules specific to those phase apply. You can't use a soulburt to move in range of an 1" enemy models. Character targeting in Overwatch had to be FAQ'ed because of this. Etc...

Due to Fire and Fade specific sequence position and units that can do it (shooting, fast flyers), the questions of Minimum Move and Advane was raised. Hence the FAQ.

The only possibility that I'm wrong is if abilities aren't rules.

Which mean special abilities applying to shooting don't trigger in overwatch.

>What such movement phase rules apply to a MOVE MADE with the fire and fade stratagem? All such rules.

This means any rules that could interact with a 7 inch move made by a unit on the table that could conceivably have just fired at an enemy unit apply. Not every single possible special rule even remotely tangentially related to a movement phase. Otherwise all flyers immediately are removed as casualties because they couldn't move their minimum movement, your opponent can deepstrike in his own units if he feels like it, etc.

lictor are garbage
again
the miniature is awesome though
i would suggest gaunt of all king in high numbers, can't have nids without their hordes

The 'end of the movement phase happening' is not a rule that applies to a move, it is a general rule for the thing called a 'movement phase'.

The wording is 'move AS IF you're in the movement phase', the AS IF already implies that it is NOT a movement phase, but in case you're retarded and misinterpret it everything concerning the 'end of a movement phase' is NOT a rule that applies to a single 'move'.

They probably would use any movement-based abilities they have with the use of Fire and Fade, but it's not a movement phase. Just like overwatch is not a shooting phase in and of itself, although it follows the same rules. Just like Fire and Fade follows the rules of the movement phase (any and all) but does not create a movement phase.

Because people keep treating it like you don't treat it like it's the movement phase. And have to keep asking how movement is the movement phase, when all the rules of movement phase and rules applying to movement phase apply.

Again if abilities don't apply as rules them im wrong.
But I'm now interested if ovetwatch ignores shooting related rules and abilities. Because that's what this implies.

>if abilities aren't rules.

Datasheet abilities aren't. But this is irrelevant.

>Which mean special abilities applying to shooting don't trigger in overwatch.

Special abilities triggered by "begining of shooting phase" or "end of shooting phase" don't.

However, any ability that applies when a unit shoot (action, not sequence) applies.

Overall you are a brainlet that confuse an action (Moving, Shooting, Casting a psy power) with a Phase (Ordered sequence in a player turn, as defined in the core rulebook).

Deep strike is an ability that is triggered by the end of a Phase, not by the end of an action.

So then since all the rules for a shooting phase apply to all your models every single flyer in your army immediately is removed as a casualty any time any model in your army fire and fades right?

>Deep strike is an ability that is triggered by the end of a Phase, not by the end of an action
Which it does say you treat it like.
Look don't get me fucking started again.

It's okay user.

Movement phase I mean because your retardation is rubbing off on me.

technically the gemini sisters and saint celestine are plastic
so there is already plastic sisters

I believe I read that crimson hunter rule applies to this, but I don't know if it's that specific rule.

>You treat it like

SO IS IT A MOVEMENT PHASE OR NOT user, BECAUSE THIS SPUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ADMITTING IT'S A FUCKING SHOOTING PHASE THAT YOU MOVE A UNIT IN AS IF IT WERE A MOVEMENT PHASE

They've cleaned up most of the rules regarding shooting attacks. For example, Grinding Advance specifically says "the following shooting phase", so they can't fire their turrets twice for overwatch. I'm trying to think of other abilities that occur during the shooting phase but do not say "when you make a shooting attack", which is part of the overwatch action.

You'd also reset to the psychic phase as that occurs after your movement phase.

boot

Treat it like, but that doesn't mean it is one.

"Treat it like it's the movement phase" does not mean "the movement phase happens again", it just means that this unit gets to move normally.

This is both RAW and RAI. Quit your bullshit.

MOTHER FUCKER YOU TREAT IT LIKE JTS THE MOVEMENT PHASE ALL RULES OF THAT APPLY

>But I'm now interested if ovetwatch ignores shooting related rules and abilities. Because that's what this implies.

As said, overwatch allows a unit to take a single action as it were the shooting phase. It does hence not impact unit abilities triggered when shooting (like plasma overheat).

However, if a weapon can only, for example, be fired "At the beginning of your shooting phase", then you can fire it in overwatch, as overwatch happen in the middle of your opponent charge phase.

Wow this means fire and fade literally gives you infinite shooting phases. I can't beleive GW are such hacks.

You can also use any movement strat as much as you like as each one creates a new phase.

SO YOU DESTROY ALL OF YOUR FLYERS EVERY TIME YOU FIRE AND FADE AS THOSE FUCKERS FORGOT TO MOVE.

So then you agree, fire and fade means all of your fliers immediately die. Good to know you're a subhuman fucking mongoloid.

Always? Because if a rule says you get an extra phase of sometbjng you would essentially get all the phases that follow that phase on adition to that phase.

What rule says pyschic is always after any movement phase? Because technically.

Why are you Britbongs so bad at writing ENGLISH?

Give me your best 40k memes

The battle round rule states that all phases are resolved in order.

In the rule book, with that green chart of the sequence of phases, it said to follow them in that exact order. So if we were subhumans who can't seem to understand things, the Eldar can start buying additional psychic phases with Fire and Fade!

I'M SORRY YOU RETARDS HAVE BEEN BREAKIKG THE RULES AND HAVEN'T DESTROYRD YOUR FLIERS.

I hope you're trolling or ESL. My god this is retarded. Do not go to law school, you'd make an incredibly bad lawyer.

That just seems like an of
oversight because yeah you would if that's how it applies.

>tfw infinite turn

To add in to this peak discourse going on, may I remind you that a D6 has no average?

They can buy entire turns with fire and fade. As all movement rules apply, you can choose all of your units to move, then psychic happens then shooting, then you use fire and fade to reset the turn again.