Uses for a d34

WHAT COULD A DIE THIS RETARDED POSSIBLY BE USE FOR?!

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/IcTpAzO.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A table with 34 results?

please help

what table. Example please.

Example please

create a 2-column table with 34 rows plus a header row. populate one column with numbers and the other with the results of those rolls.

When you need something bigger than a d32 but smaller than a d36. Duh.

Ammunition.

d100 games where you want a bell curve?

I come up with stupid tables for stuff all the time. Occasionally I'll have more than 20 options on it, which means I need to get clever with other dice or jump on up to a d100. A d34 would let me roll some of those slightly easier.

it's used when the d24 isn't enough

aaand here's the pic.

But seriously, three 34-sided dice minus 2 (3d34-2), added together, produce numbers from 1 – 100 on a bell curve distribution

To generate furious posts on online message boards about traditional games. Truly an ingenious design.

3d34 - 2 makes a nice 1-100 bell curve, for when someone's made a d100 table and you want to make the items in the middle more likely. You can re-order the table if the items in the middle aren't the ones that you want to be showing up.

But a single d34 is pretty much useless, yeah

How old your character has to be before his virginity grants powers

This. Really obviously chosen for its easy use on a bell curve d% system

Honestly, I like this. It can serve as a d2, d3, d4, d6, d8, d12, or d24. The only common dice that it can't really emulate are d10s and d20s.

Shouldn’t it be numbered from 0-33 for ease of use? That sounds like the only reason for it to exist.

3x 34 is 102

>-2

Specifically name one game that uses this.

You could convert literally any percentile system to use the gaussian d100 if you want to make the rolls more predictable.

I remember Dungeon Crawl Classics used some weird dice, though I can't remember if it used the d34 specifically.

Exhalted conversion to Savage Worlds, skill progression would go d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d14, d16, d20, d24, d30, d34, d60, d100

Neat. Thanks!

Anyone have rule 34 of a d34?

Right here nigger

i.imgur.com/IcTpAzO.png

FPBP

>i.imgur.com/IcTpAzO.png