Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Christmas Dinosaurus Edition
Core 2.0 is Shipping Now for sale on the 14th, get hype - can't imagine there'll be many who won't get at least one...

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>How to play Android: Netrunner (TeamCovenant)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA

>Where to play it online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Try "Why I Run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>More Resources, blogs, podcasts
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN

Other urls found in this thread:

runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teachinglearning-decks/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/4/boost-your-return-on-investment/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker
beyoken.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/121/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old Bread

It's store champs season, what are you guys up to?

personally I'm at pic related 20/24 days of december

Too bad 2.0 came pretty late, need to start saving for a game releasing in January. Will probably get one whenever after that though.

Still finetuning the same old decks, though store champs is less of a season here and more "does our FLGS want to shell out money for an event with less than 5 players this month?".

A reminder of whats at stake for this season.

Participation prize is pretty much an AA Fisk Investment Seminar, and the tokens are probably virus tokens.

Core 2.0 did come in time for the Xmas season, so hopefully sales would be brisk. Lots of established players wouldn't mind getting at least one for all the AAs.

This store champ prize pool, compared to all previous ones, leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately...

Its a bit of a shame the handsome devil that is Fisk on the AA FIS is going to last about a year before being rotated.

Maybe it gets in a revised Honor and Profit

A reworked H&P would be nice, although it would likely have to wait for C&C to be redone first in that hypothetical situation.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Christmasaurus! Makes everyone's heart aflutter*.

*: except people with a cyber replacement - but those are all right, they have a certificate from their doctor - and some corporate executive fuckwads who should be shot in the spine on sight.

Back from the hospital and trying to make up for lost time. The good news is that my new year's eve Netrunner hijack has become so traditional I'm being asked to organize things proper this year.

What insidious 'gifts' does this Jolly fella have in store for all the Children this festive season?

What do you mean "insidious"?
Nothing wrong with teaching young fellows allowed to to help one another using the network, and that new line of software projection allowing them to know exactly how likely their friends are to do in life, and how they can help one another without ever having to even ask or know they've even been helped - because we all know how hard it can be to feel indebted to another just for being who you are - is just a grand OPEN project.

Well said Fellow Salaryman! The early the teaching starts the better for the Future Consumers!

Is buying the current core set worth it? Mostly for casual play?

No.
Wait a few weeks. Buy the Revised one.

Can you expand on that more? There does not seem to be much info out there. Would getting the revised set later be a good idea?

Would getting the revised set later be a good idea?
Yes.
Old Core set had a bunch of veeeery strong cards. They got taken out of the cardpool for good reasons.

At the same time, to play devil's advocate, some people enjoyed the higher stakes of core 1.0. Especially single core 1.0.
One big question I guess would be: how casual are we talking. As a single box product, I'm not convinced 2.0 ends up better than 1.0 (though as a springboard to the the expanded game I give 2.0 the upper hand, no doubt about it).

Pretty casual I guess. Also looking at legend of the 5 rings, not sure if that Wil have the staying power of this game.

Can't seem to find people playing much by putting in (city) anr.

I'll be honest, even if it means preaching against my choir, but as long as you enjoy it, pick the game you can actually play. No point in having a box gathering dust somewhere you can only look at longingly and never play.

Always preferred Netrunner,to L5R myself (though I liked Rokugan as a RPG setting), but hey that's another story.

Agreeing with , if you can't find any Netrunner communities or unwilling to start one up yourself, and you've already found some L5R playgroups, just go with that and play Netrunner online with jinteki.net instead. Just a reminder that if you're from the board gaming side, LCGs will be a very hefty investment if you want to stay up to date.

So there have been some leaks from Genesys and default ICE presented are generic barrier, a tagging sentry, generic code gate, and a Pop-Up Window.

So could you actually use the characters credits to ‘break’ the Pop-Up Window?

No. But it's demoralizes the hacker.

Essentially it's this.

Truly a grimdark future to look forward to!

Also, can’t wait to see what other fun stuff the inevitable splat for Android would introduce.

While core 2.0 probably a better experience even as a 1core, if you can get core 1.0 (and/or rotated packs) at a good discount, you can give them a go if you are interested.

Well, that does it, my mind is full of fuck now.

Different user here, but from what I heard, 1core L5R is way less 'complete' compared to 1core Netrunner, so your experiences may vary.

It is (you need two sets to even be able to build a full deck), but if the user is looking to play super casually (like a board game) without deckbuilding then it doesn't really matter anyway.

So how would everyone be paying tribute to the Greatest of all Megacorps once they score their agenda in about 9 days time?

Going fully off-grid of course.

Whoever would have thought Big W isn't the real BBEG in this universe. They make great minions though.

They are honestly the apathetic and unnecessary violence and pollution.
NBN are intrusive manipulative narcissists that want to convince the world that they know the best.
HB are proud jerks who toss humans lives aside as "inefficient," "unproductive," and "unnecessary."
Jinteki are probably as utopian as NBN but they want to literally own and mass produce the humanity of tomorrow.

Corp combinations can honestly be equated to dystopian Sci-Fi:
NBN+Weyland: 1984
HB+Jinteki: Bladerunner
Weyland+Jinteki: Alien
NBN+Jinteki: Brave New World
HB+Weyland: Terminator
NBN+HB: Any panopticon setting overseen and ruled by draconian AI

How much time do we have left before the Corps decide to do away with the middlemen and do direct rule?

While it does require a bit of investment, limiting the collection to ‘just’ a core set + (up to all 5) big boxes pretty much ensures it’s always legal due to being evergreen (ie not subject to rotation for foreseeable future). Cards from specific packs can always be proxied if no formal tourneys are involved.

What changed with core 2.0?

Everything changed, but war, war never changes.
The powerhouses cards of every faction have been rotated (read banned), parasite, yog, medium, noise, kate, siphon, sansan and all core nbn agendas, scorched earth, HB:ETF. All gone. They basically wanted the game to change and forced it.
Core Jinteki is actually playable now.

I'm thinking of selling my collection, got 2 core sets, all the deluxe expansions except for data and destiny, the full first cycle and parts of the second and third cycles.
Reason for sale is not enough playtime and not enough interest in it in my group of friends to warrant further investment in the game (which at this point would be significant), even though I like the game both mechanically and thematically.

How much would you be willing to pay for this collection (mostly near mint condition due to low playtime and sleeves), or is it basically not worth much at this point due to the current rotation?

RIP

Netrunner Dorks facebook group is good for this.

Not happening (unless corps go way beyond their usual irrational threshold, which isn't impossible). Governments are WAY too useful as a security valve for the offloading of externalities/hidden costs. Corporations want them strong enough to bear the brunt of their own fuck ups, but weak enough at all the right points to be eminently abusable.

There should be a summary of changes between cores somewhere about.

Also, loads of cards got new artworks as well.

So I'm guessing next cycle will have NBN/HB IDs to balance the numbers back?

We already have EdTech confirmed for NBN in Kitara cycle.

>someone cheats against me on Jinteki thinking I didn't notice
>Win anyway
HAHAHAHAA

I meant more one for HB and NBN and none for the other two factions.

I mean looking at the snapshot of ID numbers at the exact moment of rotation:

HB = 8 NBN = 8 Weyland = 8 Jinteki = 10 (but then two in SanSan from Chronos)
Anarch = 8 Crim = 11 (but then, as above, Fisk) Shapers = 9

For some reason I was expecting W to land at 9...
(Also sad to say Blackat hasn't updated in a few months.)

Definitive cheating, or possible honest mistake?

Just remembered he was playing the code gate lady so he actually played correctly. Oops. It was inversifacator on my data raven

New player here. Is Jinteki a good platform to learn on, or is tailored more towards experienced/veteran players?

You can certainly learn to play on Jnet, just remember to indicate you are looking for beginners advice or somesuch on the game title when creating a game.

All's well that ends well.

Anyone has tried to build ol' man Keung post rotation? Where do you think we can take him?

It’s probably more practical to use a ‘generic’ Anarch ID like Ed Kim or Reina, and then respawn into Omar afterwards, especially when they weren’t expecting said respawn and Archives is wide open.

Idk, with the increasing privatisation of all the public services, the government factor can be removed and there wouldn’t be much difference to the poor forced consumers who gets shafted hard regardless.

Are we talking about Android or are we still doing tongue-in-cheek real world references?

What are the odds that there would be a launch party event for Core 2.0?

an official one? none
ask your FLGS to make one

As much as I love it for the silly aspects, I have to say I've come to hate Rebirth just for that kind of answers.

Would be rather a shame if there really isn't one, considering TD (and L5R) got their own version.

The launch event for TD and L5R were announced well before either of those were shipped, to give time for store owners to order kits. Looking at the lack of news, probably safe to say there won't be any.

bump

Thank you, I've been saying this since revealed.

can someone send me a solid beginner runner deck to play on jinteki?

or play with me on jinteki so i dont get put off by scary corp boys

I feel useless given I don't play on Jnet and have no up to date teaching deck list to propose, but do check out thebigboy teaching decks.

runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/08/23/recommended-teachinglearning-decks/

First of all, it seems the links to the decklists in that article are dead though you can still find them by looking up thebigboy's netrunnerdb profile.

Secondly, the decks in that article have rotated and are a no longer legal for competitive play. Not a big deal, I think most opponents in the casual lobby on Jnet are fine with playing against them anyway, just make sure they know.

Official announcement of the Store Champ prizes.

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/4/boost-your-return-on-investment/

Nice, I always miss those.

Fisk went from up close and personal style seminars to the auditorium kind - he's rising in the world.

Conversation of the day: how does Tracker relate to trackers as current pieces of software?

He was probably doing all that since early on, what with him being a Successful businessman and all (true form aside).

That said, AA FIS would make a great stand in as an AA Fisk.

Also, one would think software Trackers would be in NBN territory.

Fisk has a hilariously babyface look on the big screen.

I don't know enough about the real world equivalent, but Tracker apparently looks for disturbed data which lets the runner follow whoever left it, in the process finding blindspots or leftover holes for whatever ice they're encountering, probably left by the person being trscked?

(before I forget yet again, I liked those, nice ones )

Technically, what wouldn't be in NBN territory, given SYNC?

If you're bored (I like the "walking in other's footsteps" theory though):

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

I don't see how it fits or if it even is an actual reference.

Isn't there a thing that lets you catch data in a network, which you can then "follow" so you can see what the user is doing? Feels like Tracker is something like that rather than the BitTorrent one, despite the name similarity.

Come to think of it, beyoken did make an interesting Omar deck some time back, one that is way more crim then actual crim decks.

beyoken.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/121/

I wonder what would be his fate once rotation has come for him (and a few others)?

I will miss Lunar and SanSan cycles so much....

Indeed, both Hayley and the best crims (such as they are) would disappear...probably forever. Or not who knows?

RIP the first (and best?) champ designed card in about a years time.

Probably best, seeing as it's good enough to get banned.

CBI is a bit too niche (though it has anti-CI utility right now I guess, though not on Sifting levels).

Deuces is good, very good, though I'm not really a fan for some reason