Why do you still give this company money?

Why do you still give this company money?

Why haven't you moved on to better systems, with better quality models at lower prices?

Do you have no self respect that you're willing to give these usurpers money just because they use the same brand name as the originally talented men behind everything (who now work at other companies creating new universes and better rules)?

Because i enjoy their products.

I need not give them any money, i bought my minis back in the day when things were reasonably priced and anything new i want can be simply converted or bought 2nd hand.

My last purchase mustve been valkyries when they were new.

wow that's some shitty pasta. try harder next time ok?

So you're upset that GW took Daleks out of Fantasy, and is now holding a community survey?

>daleks

nani the fuc

By supporting the game you give other people a reason to purchase from GW. By not enabling an alternative you support them.

What did they mean by this?

>All the white men are sidelined
>Negro front and center

>Been in this hobby for 20 years now
>Never seen a single non-white playing Warhammer ever

I don't know. Maybe they mean it's suicide they want?

I've seen two black guys in my entire life play 40k- one Demons, the other Tau. Still more than I can say about women playing it, though.

we had one a while ago, wouldn't remember rules for shit, but his minis looked top-notch
have to wonder where he stole them

>tall
>strong-jawed
>in shape
>dresses his age

>short
>beta beard
>doughy
>dresses like he's still a teenager from the 90s

I really wish they would stop paying this nu-male cuck to make this shit-tier artwork.

> t. Malteaser head.

The joke is she's measuring his penis. Thanks for playing.

It's almost like this person doesn't exist so rather than base it on reality they base it on some TV stereotype that's overly idealistic.

Notice how he's reading a book?

They still put out stuff that I like and their competition that I want to get into is non existent in my country.

Also, what's wrong with having a customer survey?

Looks like a guy with a manbun to me.

Because it has a NIGGER IN IT.

Sounds like a personal problem, desu.

I am not racist but racism sure make sense when you look at statistics.
Making death camps would be going a little too far though, mass graves are more humane.

>Customer Surv.
>Anime art
>Diversity pandering which sidelines the actual play base

I don't know. What could this mean?

Awww... I like the art style of the artist :(

He's upset theres black people and women in the art. He thinks they're incapable of painting little plastic men.

Sounds like you're just old, also yelling at the kids and their new music that you don't like.

>He's just out for pointing out the drastic shift in tone from GW.

Yea, who even likes 40k? I want Goku and Naruto in it.

not incapable, just such a minuscle part of the fanbase that catering to them is similar to catering to persons that are born with FOP

Let's be honest.

You're not even part of the fanbase are you? Most of the people bitching and whining sound like they started playing in 7th edition.

GW has had cartoony promotional material before. I also see no problem with having promo art of several ethnicities and women on a service that's on a global medium. Shit just makes sense, user.

>ITT: "Woke" /pol/tards get angry at a few cute pictures because how dare women and Black people be shown.

Lets be honest

I'm going to make up shit because I don't want to admit that my opinion is wrong. The person I'm talking to who doesn't like the direction things are taking couldn't possibly be an older player who has been in the hobby for 20 years.

I own rogue trader models bought from a GW store back in the day mate. I've been in this hobby longer than you have been alive.

Western cartoony yes. Not this Tumblr wannabe anime bollocks.

>Having several ethnicities
Doesn't work. It's pandering to SJWs who won't buy the game and have no interest in it. The hobby has been around for decades and had streets on every main street in the UK. As the country got browned we didn't see more brown people playing. They simply aren't interested and all the pandering does is make you look weak and desperate. It alienates your customer base because it's a clear signal you're more interesting in advertising to people who don't care than those who do.

It's the same problem we have with video games today. They're so busy gutting games to try and appeal to the people who just don't care that there is nothing left for those who do care. Why are you wasting time and effort on people who have never and will never be invested? All this effort could go on building new and cool stuff for the people who actually care.

>Western cartoony yes. Not this Tumblr wannabe anime bollocks.

It honestly looks more like Disney than Japanese art style.

Which GW store?

>GW Store
>Rogue trader Models

I don't though. I have never bought any of their models and have stolen all of the gamesworkshop pdfs I do own.

Anime is based on Disney but the big difference is the way the hair is drawn and the shading. This is current Tumblr art.

Are you this new kiddy? GW started running stores before they had a model line. The store was in London and sold RPG shit. GW exists as we know it today because they got the D&D distribution licensing sorted out.

That's a lot of waffling. I gather that you don't get out of the house a whole lot.

You're skipping the retard line of argument here. You should say "you don't get out the house a lot" after "I bet you're real fun at parties".

If you're going to non-argument then do it properly. You can draw it out longer.

so you're a sad old fuck who still plays with toys who has an issue with advertisement? act your fucking age

So what if they do? Or are you such a racist fuck that even the idea of people who are not white appearing in games ruins it for you? And really how do you know that SJWs are not interested in the game? But i suppose the world revolves around you, and just because you have not seen a black guy or a woman play tabletop games, that means they don't exist. And I get it, adding SJW shit to historical games where they don't belong is total bullshit, but since when was 40k or any of the games workshop games they are making now historical? But sure, keep on crying.

I quoted that because you sound like the most typical "I am quoting old things so I sound experienced" /pol/tard ever.

Rogue trader was in 1987.

I refuse to admit someone from 1987 types like a fucking 20 year old angry child, using things as "New kiddy"

I mean for one, if you were actually such a Longbeard, you'd call it the Warhammer shop, or GW.

Not "Store"

>Anime is based on Disney but the big difference is the way the hair is drawn and the shading. This is current Tumblr art.

What do you think tumblr is? A lot of young artists use tumblr as their primary medium for displaying their art. They can't use DeviantArt anymore because that's universally known as the Sonic melting pot now. Where else do you suggest they should be hosting their art on which is also a popular platform?

I prefer getting to the point. More people should learn that skill.

>I own rogue trader models

Post a timestamp then.

>Lets waste thousands of dollars pandering to people who don't give a fuck

How could this ever end poorly? Who even wants European fantasy any more? It's not like European fantasy is by far the most popular genre. What we need is anime and Shinto mythology. What if we dropped the entire Western style and made it more anime so dragonball fans would buy our game?

Are you fucking stupid? How many models do you think people have? When you build a large collection you have to store it some where. You can't have it all on display. Older models and armies not currently being used as in closets.

So you're telling me you don't have a box "Rogue trader shit" you can access freely?

Hell, right now I'd just settle for your most recently painted model and a timestamp.

Because you sound like a poser getting angry at pointless shit.

You sound like Archwarhammer and his "I read lexicanum so I am a master of Warhammer" cronies getting angry at a fucking facebook group GW doesn't even fucking care about.

What the fuck are you even talking about now?

Eldar were fucking Hindi/Shinto as fuck to begin with.

It's more that people are just so used to seeing awesome spectacles in movies and games all the time now, that Fantasy as a genre has lost its sense of awe to the general market.

>Why do you still give this company money?

Because I want to be on the winning side, and GW is going to eventually drive all other games out of business.

Man, Archwarhammer is such a fucking hack.

There is also twice as many white males in the art as any other demographic. So even in the art, they are a minority. You are jumping at shadows.

I fucking despise him. He thinks because he reads out some fucking Wikipedia pages on Youtube it makes him the master of the fucking hobby.

Gonna be honest, Primaris Marines, Literally re scaled slightly redesigned space marines. Except given a fluff reason as to not anger people with smaller scale marines.

I've been through what? Two rescalings of Space marines now? I'm just happy they're no longer squatting just like I am happy the plastic kit finally gave them necks.

Did you just assume Brother-Captain Thuilus's Gender heretical Scum?

He Identifies as a most holy Weapon of the Emperor.

The general market doesn't care about anything though. It simply follows whatever trends the marketing machines push at them. They don't even like Star wars or Marvel, it's just that's what they're told is cool and good so they buy it.

High Fantasy is a dead genre right now. No one is doing it. It's all steampunk shit.

>2 white men
>both chubby nu-males
>2 white women
>1 black man
>Well dressed and athlete build.

>Twice as many white males in the art
2 is more than 2

I am very confused by these maths. How did you come to this conclusion?

Honestly, Shinto SOB would be a pretty cool visual.

Isn't that the image they used for Blood Royale as well? That was a good game!

>I am very confused by these maths. How did you come to this conclusion?

For some reason I thought one of the girls was asian from a quick glance. My bad, White Men are simply tied for the single most common demographic there.

Wait, Wait, Wait.

Are you trying to imply Fat Neckbeards are NOT the Majority of the hobby?

Because that's what those people are, Neckbeards.

Also the Black man looks to be a fucking Black Shirt anyway.

>High Fantasy is a dead genre right now. No one is doing it. It's all steampunk shit.

Yeah, that's why we call things"done to death". High Fantasy just burned out and that's okay. It will always have an audience, but its time in the sun is over.

Yes, because having non white people appear in a game automatically means making the game anime, I'm sorry but do you have some sort of a mental disability that I don't know about? There is a difference between being inclusive and pandering. You can be inclusive without pandering. Having people of color and or women shown just playing a particular game is not pandering. Pandering would be if they added female space marines even though the established lore said it was impossible. Pandering would be adding black valhallan ice warriors even though it has been proven that people who are from colder places are generally whiter because they recieve less sun. And let's be real here, a lot of games and media in general already panders like crazy, but I suppose it is ok with you, cuz pandering to the horny male teen demographic is ok. I mean why else they have fantasy characters that dresses in glorified bikinis? I don't mean to sound like an SJW, but really you are the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen if you think pandering to SJWs and only SJWs is wrong.

Yeah, I'm getting confused about people being angry about being represented by a chubby guy and a lean guy with classes. That's kinda two of the big nerd stereotypes.

My LGS is that diverse, but there are nowhere near enough fedoras.

High fantasy hasn't been done in nearly 20 years now. Steam punk came in around the same time as nu metal took off. Lord of the rings is the closest you're getting and that's not high fantasy in the way we knew it.

I'm not reading your stupidity. Go away nigger, we can smell you from here.

If we're going to represent the hobby then lets represent it properly.

5 fat guys covered in cheeto dust and then a girlfriend looking at her phone in the background who's not really interested but tagged along any way

I mean honestly? EVERYONE is cute in this image.

The Neckbeard looks like Santa claus jr and less like Bigfoot that fell into a hot-topic.

I think I started to dislike him when he sperged out for 30 minutes about the idea of some people viewing 40k as being a kind of a silly setting. He ranted a lot about 2'nd edition and he went on about how people should view 40k.

It's like a fatbeard trying to educate you on what opinion you should subscribe to.

>hiring Generic Tumblr Artist #314 instead of a proper master

Anyone who views 40k not as a whole a silly setting obviously does not engage with the hobby.

Because the art is designed to be "Cartoonish friendly representation of the hobby"

Which Blanche, despite being quite the lovable guy to meet, his art does not reflect that.

>High fantasy hasn't been done in nearly 20 years now. Steam punk came in around the same time as nu metal took off. Lord of the rings is the closest you're getting and that's not high fantasy in the way we knew it.

What are you talking about? World of Warcraft alone has been a popular High Fantasy medium just in the last ten years.

>if you were actually such a Longbeard, you'd call it the Warhammer shop
They've only been called that for a few years newfag.

yeah...the box office smash, critically acclaimed, oscar winning movie showed that..

>What did they mean by this?
Beta white males will continue to purchase GW products at the same rate regardless of how much they whine about women and black people.

By focusing on women and black people, GW hopes to increase profits by courting potential customers from these groups.

>Confusing the rebranding of a few stores with the nickname they gathered soon after 2nd WHFB.

Nigga don't call people a newfag when you sound American, that's just goofy as fuck.

give it a break, will you? or are you stupid enough to not know that's shopped?

That's because WoW has already peaked, but it was still within the last decade, not two decades ago. Not to mention Skyrim, which is apparently still selling after 5 years.

If only us Europeans had invented a cartoony style of art to express such things. I'm so glad we have Asia to show us how to draw funny and welcoming art other wise we'd just use our penises as welcome mats.

yeah but both wow and skyrim are still a very small demographic. the last truly big fantasy thing that came out in the last 15 years or so was lord of the rings and to a certain extent the hobbit

Warcraft is also much closer to Steam punk than it is high fantasy. The gnome and goblin races are steam punk focused.

Wow is also 14 years old at this point.

Yeah, except I don't think a single person finds the Beano artstyle as "Welcoming"

They're supposed to be a little cutesy and shit, I quite enjoy them.

>Anime is based on Disney but the big difference is the way the hair is drawn and the shading. This is current popular art style with young people.
Fixed your post.

>give it a break, will you? or are you stupid enough to not know that's shopped?
You seem upset.

That's because Fantasy has always been a niche genre. There was not a whole lot of big production Fantasy movies being released prior to the Lord of the Rings films either.

just annoyed by your stupidity

While Lord of the rings did very much launch the fantasy genre as we know it you would be hard pushed to call those movies high fantasy. There's no real wizards in them for example. Gandalf's big spell is that he shines a light at people. He's hardly throwing fireballs and using enchanted magic swords now is he?

The elements are there but they're extremely toned down.

The point isn't that this exact style is welcoming or not. The point is that GW have decided to abandon the European influence and instead pander to weebs in their marketing. Tau are already bad enough but you can go "okay it was the 00s, you did 1 shitty army who overlap with the Eldar a bit). Now you just have this bollocks and their twitter accounts screaming about my diversity and representation.

Nothing has ever been improved by going this path

What you're describing is an aspect of a game and not the game as whole. Is Baldur's Gate and Morrowind also steampunk because it features technology and gears? Are water mills steampunk for using liquid form steam to drive its gears?

so you're agreeing with me then. i'm a massive fantasy fan, but a lot of it if translated to screen, would be visually very similar.

That's where you're wrong bucko and show you're youth. The 80s was full of fantasy movies after Conan came out. It wasn't the biggest genre but it wasn't small by any means. You didn't see hundreds of top tier Triple A movies but you saw a shit load of B+ and A tier movies made for phantasy.

Don't forget 70's metal used to sing about fighting dragons and shit

>Pandering to weebs
>By hiring some Disney inspired cutesy designs for their Warhammer Community Website.

I don't quite understand. Literally nothing about this impacts the game.

At all.

You know these images were not by a hired artist right? They're commissions.

>Disney inspired

It's clear that you have paid absolutely no attention to online art styles and the type of people who use each one. It's like you think this is just Disney and that's totally fine and normal.

Go learn something or stop pestering your betters.

minis or gtfo

>Betters
>Gets angry some community images on a community site are not PROUD AND STRONG EUROPEAN because some people on tumblr post anime images.

Want to know a shocker? I like anime too. Not everything needs to fit into your pathetic /pol/ fantasy my little Mutt friend.

No, I'm just saying that movies has never been a good indication of how successful the fantasy genre has been.

Never said there was anything wrong with anime faggot.

There is something seriously wrong when a company that uses european fantasy as it's base starts using anime art. It shows that something is rotten at the core and the people in charge have lost their direction.

No one has argued that. Fantasy has always been more book based than movies. The only thing that has really been in the public eye fantasy wise in the current has been game of thrones. but even that seems to have been dying it's death lately.

That stuff still applies to today. Game of Thrones is still popular and people will always sing about fairy tales.

>Literally only used for the community website
>THE COMPANY IS ROTTEN AT THE CORE

What.

>It shows that something is rotten at the core and the people in charge have lost their direction.

Wait...why does it show that? Because things are not exactly the same as before? 40k art isn't even remotely the same style now as it's been before even in the codex art. There is more art styles than 'Anime' and 'Western'.

There are more styles than A or B. But this is clearly B. It comes from Tumblr, you can see the tumblr shading, the tumblr noses and the tumblr figure shapes.

You just don't know WTF you're talking about.

>There are more styles than A or B
>But this is B
>I fucking hate B

What's the matter? Is the little racist out of bullshit arguments? Is the little racist gonna just resort to insults and cry some more? Yup, typical, ran out of arguments, so you're just run away crying.