Why is there a stereotype of TTRPG players being weirdos?

Why is there a stereotype of TTRPG players being weirdos?

Pic related, my group and no one is a fat neckbeard incel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4aNUuGOUreg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool basement

I don't think any are adults...

Veeky Forums is a 18+ board

I'm 21, 22 next month.

Because it's very justified.

Why do you have so many condiments?

>fried sticks
>shitloads of condiments
>coasterless drinks
>food spilling on the floor
>carpet
wtf OP

do you really want to know?
youtube.com/watch?v=4aNUuGOUreg

Only weirdos drink out of empty jars.

Also why do you have so many condiments?

it's acceptable choice if you have no other suitable container (which is clearly not the case here, but in general)

I figured it was done to make a staged version of comfy/casual, but I could be wrong. Nice almost-repeating-digits btw.

Hidden Valley Ranch, Heinz, Sweet Baby Ray's... Kind of generic. And whatever's in the black squeeze bottle, I guess.

Good choice on ginger ale though if you're not old enough to drink.

Each of us likes a different condiment to dip fried sticks, I'm a ranch guy.

It's a southern thing to use empty jars.

>Wearing shoes indoors
Fucking American barbarians

It's the deep fried sticks that gets me. By all means, enjoy them, but where I play, any food you wouldn't be allowed to touch a controller after eating better be accompanied by a paper towel or hand towel, something. That's just for things like chips.

Things like grease sticks or pizza are only allowed during breaks or before/after session, I don't want that shit on my table near the stacks of paper and giant graph paper maps. 99% of my equipment is paper, pencil, and a tablet loaded with toolkit apps.

You all look like a bunch of fucking faggots. Especially three chins at the back.

I take it you've known all these guys since school? Mtg was pretty fucking tight for me until I left my home town and found out what kind of players exist outside my little bubble.

Same thing happened for ttrpgs. When I first started my friends were eager to roll up a char, enter a dungeon, crack some skulls, get some sweet loot. When I went to college, it become less about having humble adventures and more about

>People wanting to be edgy evil assholes to the players and everyone they meet, disregarding what the campaign is about and not understanding why their character doesn't make sense in the situation and not understand why it got them killed
>People power gaming, and throwing a tantrum when you shut them down
>People bringing up incredibly off topic and heated topics like religion, politics, etc during a session
>People just being fucking gross or racist
>People coming to the game for attention, and not because they actually care about the game

I'd like to think you're living through your golden age of gaming OP. All the ugly shit will start appearing in time.

In my old group we usually took a table break for food in the living room.

You'd be surprised how people age differently depending on genetics and environmental circumstances. I've seen my youngers look fucking decrepit and my elders look like they they could be my kid.

I don't think a group GMed by a Cenobite counts as normal.

this
without my beard, I am a baby face. My father died at 52 and under his beard was the same babyface.

>college
there's your problem

I've long since gotten out of college and the problem persists. I guess I should have pointed out that college was a sort of mile stone more than the environment. I graduated 6 years ago, and I still tend to not like most people I find who play RPG's. I gave up trying to run games online or in the local scene. I only do con games now.

>bowlcut with lime green glasses
Looks like a middle schooler to be honest

Because if you say something exists for weirdos and outcasts, then weirdos and outcasts gravitate towards it.

Please tell everyone in your group to stop getting haircuts at SuperCuts.

> Group of ugly ass white boys
> Nintendo shit littered around the basement
> Basement
> Fried Snacks
> Playing 5e
> Popcorn on the floor
> Shoes inside
> Some Kind of living blob of fat DMing
> No coasters
> Drinking out of a FUCKING JAR

Jesus Christ, I bet you guys post on facebook talking about how quirky and nerdy you faggots are. The lot of you also look 15 at the oldest.

I bet that you guys don't have a group and come to Veeky Forums just to shitpost.

If believing that helps you cope with your sad life then I won't stop you.

No, you aren't. I can see the baby faces of most of them.

Besides, no adult use a hair cuts like these

I bet that you guys have never kissed a girl.

Note those jars handle handles

That said, looks like a swell group, would play with.

No you are not

My group is in that age range and we look nothing like you. Fucking squeaker.

Have you browsed Veeky Forums? It is honestly more horrible than /trash/. /trash/ is filled with furries and horrible fetishes but at least it doesn't indulge in pedophilia.

Only animetards are into pedophilia here

You know it's not against the law to lift even if you're a gamer. Each and every one of you would fail the 25 pushups-test, with MAYBE one exception.

That dude might be my doppelgänger

If he had a beard, or if I didnt have one

You have the numale look

Does numale = “men lacking self-respect who are completely devoid of any masculinity”

I do enjoy a good flannel

Eat better food while playing. Take more time to get up and Stretch. You don't what to get fat, do you?

Also get the fucking food of the damn table you fucking animal.

yes, that is a rather succinct way to describe numale. Alternative word you may see "soyboy"

Everyone is a weirdo. TTRPG players are just weirdos who spend time in the basement. It's w/e

lol soyboy

I thought "soyboy" was just male version of a cardiobunny, ie. fit but not in a Veeky Forums way. Someone who would run a marathon but struggle to bench press double their bodyweight.

i bet you're right

me too user
>tfw too judgemental to properly enjoy ttrpgs

OP, I'm truly jealous of your ability to be autistic and hang out with that bunch of losers

not op.

its well known that most of Veeky Forums doesnt actually play games.

>male version of a cardiobunny

I missed that. They get points for Sweet Baby Ray's at least.

I live in the south. It happens, but it's mostly old people or people who can't afford actual glasses.

This. It's easy to get a good group when you're younger, but a pain to keep it or get a new one when you get older.

It really surprised me just how shit College/Uni tabletop societies are, especially coming from a really good local club.

>Start Uni
>''Hey I might as well check out the gaming group''
>Fun Freshers Week one shot event
>Go to club proper
>First night is the meeting to sort out the position holders for the year, told it shouldn't be too long before proper games start
>Its 2 hours (though feels like way more) of either dull shit or petty and annoying squabbling between the fuckers who never left the society over issues none of us understood.
>Its just accepted the management is shitty and no one does anything to try and be better.

While the actual group I ended up with was fine, everything outside that is pretty damn terrible. Which is weird considering (bar the anime one, but thats always the case) all the other 'nerd' societies are fun and without these issues.

As someone who is trying to get more exercise (especially someone who doesn't have weights) I have to ask: What's the 25 push-up test? Like, 25 total, or 25 in a minute, or what?

>male version of a cardiobunny

Soyboy is a nonsense word made up to insult people based on the completely non-scientific idea that soy somehow feminises you because it either contains E-ESTROGENS or increases your body's estrogen production.

It's all complete bollocks, as one might imagine

>wearing hats inside
lmao are you all bald?

The chicken nuggets with fries and ranch is worse then all that.

Sorry, had a session last night, fucking my girl senseless tonight then another session next week.
It’s good to not be a child.

Lol
>being this insecure

>Why is there a stereotype of TTRPG players being weirdos?
Because it is true of enough TTRPG players, and considered humorous and/or insult-worthy by other groups of people to act as if it is how all or most TTRPG players are, whether true or not.

Same reason there is a stereotype of the "blonde bimbo" or the alpha-male ape-brained athlete whose ego is so frail that he has to diminish others to feel adequate.

Reality is that some people fit their relevant stereotypes, but most are more complex than can be fit into a single stereotype - like the guy that picked up D&D as his favorite hobby, but mostly hangs out with gear-head hillbillies partying like trailer trash, while also being in starting positions on the school football team. But it's not as easy to make relevant jokes about such a person, so people act as if only one of those aspects exists.

>thinly-veiled Roast Me post

But soy does increase your estrogen.

Have you got an actual source on that?

it's not true thou. you guys are not the average male of your age. and there is nothing wrong with that. you seem like a nice group of friends who enjoy playing games together while other men fuck bitches and get money.

>fucking my girl senseless
That's probably pretty easy when she's a 7 year old.

>tfw when not even 30 and almost bald
Genetics is a cruel lottery my friend.

it ain't that deep senpai. Just imagine the physique of the guy who would order a soy latte. you don't have to take personal offence because you like soy or anything.

rofl the autism in this thread is prime but this fat piggy takes the cake