Elfs/Elves

Give me your elf pics, anons
Post whatever you like but I am asking for low level swordswomen, preferably pale.

Alright.

Hardy and nimble, the elves are the oldest race in the world. Born of the oldest of the primordial gods, a great stone bear, they can be seen nearly anywhere.

The two major variants are separated by nocturnal and diurnal subtypes. The diurnal elves are pale yellow, milky, or peach in skin, depending on the region, and have many names. Sun elves, dawn elves, pale elves, high elves by the haughty, and piss elves by the opposed.

The nocturnal variants come in various tones and names as well, from deep tans to pitch black, and slightly luminous brown grays. Twilight elves, dark elves, night elves, Sovereign elves by the arrogant, shit elves by their foes.

While magic is scarce and poorly understood in the world, the most powerful nation of elves in the world guards old secrets of magic within it's society. While their knowledge is limited, it is unique to them, and they guard their culture with extreme xenophobia. It is a penalty of death to both the teacher and the student if one should teach an outsider their magics.

The primal bear goddess is the most widely known deity of the elves, but many seek solace in the teachings and knowledge of the elusive god of magic, and the supposed child of he and the great bear, a golden elven emperor.

Due to the aggressive xenophobia of the larger eastern continents, elven nations rarely open diplomatic relationships with the other, less long lived races. While they do have the longest life spans, their's are still comparable to the more diverse birdfolk, and more ubiquitous seafolk.

Whoops, sorry, misread your request. Here's a female.

While most elves tend to naturally stick to their day cycle, they commonly adapt to switching, and can often spend up to a week awake on various tasks, a holdover from more primitive days hunting in trees and plains.

Post whatever you like, it's a generic elven character art thread.

In the populous capitol, elves commonly find themselves in positions of scholarly study, in maritime authority, or simply hunting, tanning, leatherwork, and foraging. The separate variants have no prominence over the other in this situation.

Despite common national aggression, most who aren't directly prejudiced against elves may find them in good company. Elves without nations find themselves in positions of leadership even in small communities, charismatically leading circles of nature worshipers to organized merchant caravans, taking advantage of their ability to navigate and traverse long distances both terrestrially and navally.

Like any wanderer, a vagrant elf would find company at a wayshrine nearly anywhere in the world, where the androgynous deity of travel over land, the seafolk god of navigation and exploration over seas, or the cat king of thieves in the shadows.

forgot the thread currency

I shouldn't be surprised that the elf thread would gain more traction than yesterdays birdfolk thread.

Elves are not naturally inclined to magic any more than the other races, though they commonly connect spiritually to nature, and have a long life span. These easily lead to a more ready understanding of magic than most other commoners, and as such, their kind is associated with magic in many cultures. The influence of the great pale nation in the east reinforces this stereotype. Their xenophobia has not prevented them from a lucrative trade exporting silk, pottery, jade, rice, furs, and bronze, among other things.

Im out of generic in-setting deets about elves, but not out of pics. Thanks for contributan

Big fan of the elder scrolls style of design
Also remember recently retconning the bear god to a giant cat a jaguar, no relation to the cat king of thieves though.

>Big fan of the elder scrolls style of design
Then don't post fanart that makes them look better than they actual do.

that's subjective, and if you're implying I only like an aesthetically modified version of them, you'd be wrong.

>that's subjective
The fact that it's fanart isn't subjective.

Well that's true, but I was referring to it being described as "looking better" being subjective. The source wasn't under discretion.

Who else here mesoamerican elves?

>x + elf
No.

my personal favorite

cu sidhes

LORD OF ALL NOLDOR

>globally homogeneous races
>something something meme

A STAR IN THE NIGHT AND A BEARER OF HOPE

HE RIDES INTO HIS GLORIOUS BATTLE ALONE

>Fingolfin
>blonde

Why do artists do this?

FAREWELL TO THE VALIANT WARLORD

i actually planed on putting elven empire into full xenophobic third reich mode with wood elves being equivalent to rednecks.

this picture made me hysterically kek, saved

THE FATE OF US ALL

>bearded elf

delet this

LIES DEEP IN THE DARK

Backless sweater elfs.

Tolkiens elves grew bards in their third cycle.

Recently paid elfs.

WHEN TIME STANDS STILL AT THE IRON HILL

Fapfaggots are here, thread ruined.

Elfs without proper pants.

>virgin killer elves
I'm alright with it.

I STAND ALONE

Elfs who like savory foods.

NO-ONE'S BY MY SIDE

>elves grew bards in their third cycle.

yeah, in the third menstural cycle female kind of a beard ya pointy eared twig fucker