Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blood Angles Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for more Primaris stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here
frontlinegaming.org/2017/12/02/codex-review-blood-angels-part-1-stratagems-warlord-traits-relics-psychic-powers/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=pd5m1dQXjbw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Eldar_Path
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I play a homebrew all-Primaris Blood Angels successor or a homebrew renegade Iron Hands successor who fell to Nurgle using the DG codex?

1st for AdMech transports when

First for The Dongcron

Home brew genestealer working with kronos, crushing against heretics for the 4 armed emperor

yes.

Both sound fun.

I'd say the Iron Hands thing because it sounds more interesting, but you can't go wrong with either.

Is miasma cannon worth taking for a kraken tyrant with wings?

Is there a pdf of the chapter approved yet?

Rise of the Ynnari Ghost Warrior share anyone?

Nth for staying stationary the entire game

Has anyone else read in the grim darkness by guy haley? Came across it today, features cawl, and quite enjoyed it althoug there seems to be no mention of it on the black library site or google in general

>new Blood Angle Primaris character is £15.
>the other Primaris characters were £22.50

What gives? Why isn't he as expensive as them?

I've got mine in hand, what do you want specifically? I'll see about doing scans.

Shut the fuck up. Just be patient for it to be uploaded or spend the few bucks to buy it if you want it so much.

Wouldn't traitor marines use the CSM codex with the mark of Nurgle?

Was the commissar nerf reverted? I heard rumors that it had been.

Also was there any changes to custodes or inquisition?

First for competitive Tau. Join the greater good, user.

He's a tactical marine with a sword

if you can do a scan of the Deathwatch stuff it would be greatly appreciated

Incoming soon. Will check and post pics.

Awesome dude! I'll be waiting

Blood Angels have some great psychic powers for their heroes.

>Give a unit +1 attack
Good for your death company or whatever.

>give your psyker d3 extra attacks and +3 to their advances and charges
Great for getting in combat and killing shit.

>give your psyker 12" move and fly, reroll charges
Again, great for getting charges

People like Mephiston and psychic dreads will eat face.

Also the stratagems and relics are all great... man this codex looks so good. Compare it to shite like Grey Knights and its amazing.

>only space marines are getting dice with their releases
>no nid dice
I'm not salty but what the fuck

How important are psykers?

Also, Blood Boil got changed to be more of a character sniper type thing.

>Pick a unit within 6" (So its short range), roll 2d6 and if you get more than their toughness deal D3 MW. If you get double or more of their toughness (6 or 8 seems easy enough), deal 3 MW.

I'm salty also. Guard didn't get dice.

>Stratagems and shit in Blood Angels codex, good shit here

That fucking writer is cringe incarnate.

What up with Baal Preds, and assault marines? Anything good?
SG improvements?
Are vehicles fast again?

I forgot guard existed for a month.
Why did you do this to me?
But yeah guard should have gotten dice too.

>CA only has rules for LAND RAIDERS and no other custom vehicles.

AND THEY FUCKED US AGAIN

Didnt eldar get dice?
I'm salty af about the nid dice though. I was ready to buy like 50 of them but apparently GW hates my money

>get to move twice and use the engine boost both times
Bangels gotta go fast

Quite important I'd say. You get some good powers and smite is always good.

Marines get buffed indirectly from Red Thirst, some really solid stratagems and so on.

Baal Predator might actually go up in points, at least if you use twin assault cannon. There is a stratagem where you can advance a baal predator 2d6 and an extra 6 to your normal movement. So very fast in a pinch. Mite b cool with the flamer variant.

Has Chapter Approved dropped yet so that I can be disappointed

I want to build an entire army around Storm Guardians. The idea of a bunch of former warriors turned farmers picking up the blade again to charge into certain death is too fun to pass up. What's the best way of doing this? Big blocks supported by Warlocks on foot? As many Wave Serpent squads as possible? Something else entirely?

I'm aware that dedicated melee aspects are better but I don't care

Just order some custom ones from chessex

Depends on your army.
Take Orkz for example.
If you're running stompy orkz loaded with deff dreads, Killa cans and such, you "might" take one to counter psycher powers.
If you're running green tide with all the boyz, you'd be stupid not to take at least 2, as comboing Da jump and Warpath lets a unit of 30 boyz deepstrike, charge(with re-rolls), and then make 4-5 attacks each + slugga shot, more than enough to crush or cripple most infatry units.

Hes a Lieutenant, the other characters were a librarian a captain a chaplain and a apothecary.

Death guard characters are $25 too, they heard the complaints about $35 tactical marines

>no point change for Magnus or Morty
>Gman only 25pts more
>Cawl is 10pts cheaper

We already got dice. I have some.

Why are they releasing Dark Angels 1 week after Blood Angels?

AM don't even have a section in here.

DW Warlord Trait:
Bane of Monstrosities - Warlord may re-roll failed wounds vs vehicles/monsters.

DW Relic:
The Beacon Angelis - Once per battle at the end of your movement phase, the bearer can use it to teleport a unit to his position. When he does so, select a friendly DW Infantry or Biker unit that is on the field or in the teleportarium. Remove the unit and set it up wholly within 6" of the bearer, and more than 9" away from any enemy model (any model that cannon be set up is slain).

DW Stratagems
Clavis - 1 CP
Use this stratagem in your fight phase. Select an enemy Vehicle within 1" of a Watch Master from your army and roll a d5. On 2+ the vehicle suffers d3 mortal wounds.

Death to the Alien! - 1CP
Use this stratagem before a DW unit from your army is chosen to attack in any fight phase. Each time you make a hit of 6+ for a model in this unit during this fight phase, it can, if it is target a unit that does not have the IMPERIUM, CHAOS or UNALIGNED keyword, immediately make an extra attack against the same unit using the same weapon. These extra attacks cannot themselves generate any further attacks.

I'll try and do a scan later but that's what's there.

dont need them. bring a lucius detachment to replace your mars one.

I've got mine in hand, what do you want to know, user? I'll be doing scans later if I can get my printer/scanner to quit being a jew cause it doesnt have toner.

Thanks man

>I'm not salty but what the fuck
You certainly are. I cold give you my Death Guard dice if you'd like to play that blessed Leviathan tendril?

Because they want there to always be something new for sale.

Patience, Brother.

Because Dark Angels are useless.

Pics? If it's just the nid symbol on 6 then I'm not interested. Death guard got cool custom dice, why can't they out effort into some xeno dice like that?

Can you post a print of the VDR?

>the state of NPCs

What's the difference between the Eternal war and Maelstrom of War missions?

Anything for Imperial Knights or Custodes?

Anons of the word, how is this list?

Word bears, 2000 pts, 10cp

SupCom Detachment
Dark Apostle - cursed crozius
Exalted Champion with power axe
Exalted Champion with power maul

Battalion
Sorcerer
Cypher

10x cultists with choppas

4x Fallen wth plasma guns, combi plasma champion wth power sword
5x possessed marines

Battalion
D Thirster
Original recipe Thirster

10x blood letters
10x blood letters
10x blood letters

3x Blood Crushers
3x Blood Crushers

I'm hoping for point drops and buffs for daemons. I just want a small group of badass chaos marines leading cultist hordes and summoning some daemons. I know word bearers are... only slightly better than black legion, but 10cp has to count for something right?

the retards who are taking cawl would probably still take him if he was 325 points. He's still not worth it at 240.

They were purple and clear plastic.

I might just prime some of the death guard and paint behemoth colors on them

if the Orks are as a big of a let down as the leaks suggested

>Kill Tank got a 120 point increase

During deployment, can you deploy transports with units in them, or do you have to occupy the transports on the first turn?

This

Overestimated legion

They are not the best at melee,at siege,at stealth,at armored warfare

But they are the best at betraying their own legion brothers

>eating salt free chips

Those are GSC dice, but they might do.

Yeah, but they are still Tyranid symbol branded.

enjoy your ban dude this is a blue board

Those are GSC

You don't really need exalted champions in your list by the looks of it.

Dark Apostle might be nice though.

Consider dropping supreme command stuff for more boots on the ground.

eternal war missions are scored at the end and most involve holding objectives at the end of the game.
maelstrom missions you randomly generate a couple of objectives out of 40 every turn and try to score them during your turn.

Well, if they were gonna release Ork dice, it'd have to be a bucket of like, 60-80 for all the boyz.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Eldar_Path

I assume they're going 1 Imperium, then one xenos/chaos, then 1 imperium, 1 chaos/xenos. Blood Angels came out so now it's Dark Angels turn.

not sure, but Ulthwe is known for using lots of storm guardians (black guardians only exist in the fluff now) while Iyaden works better do to only losing 1 model to morale. if you're going the guardian route wave serpents and warwalkers are also fluffy

i would do at least 1 block of 20 deepstriking in near or with a warlock while warwalkers play havoc on the sides

>tfw Watchers are in the codex meaning that GW does a chaos+xenos release at once so we can get TWO weeks of imperial releases
yes please

>OOP since forever
>one box on ebay for 70€
shit

Ork warlord trait: Might is Right
Warlord gets +1 Strength

Ork Relic: Headwoppa's Killchoppa
Ork Character with Big Choppa only.
+2S, -2AP, d3 Damage
Special: Wound rolls of 6+ made for this weapon inflict D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage.

Ork Stratagems:

Mob Up - 1CP
Select two ORK INFANTRY units within 2" of each other that has the same datasheet. If one has 10 or more models and the other has 10 or fewer models, the two units merge and for the all intents and purposes are considered one unit for the rest of the battle.

DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! - 1CP
Use before an ORK INFANTRY or BIKER unit shoots in your shooting phase. Each roll of 6+ for a model in that unit, immediately make an extra attack against the same target unit using the same weapon. These attacks cannot generate further attacks.

I won't bother posting a phonepic of the table for points since that's been leaked and is not changed.

Is something wrong with my primer?

I asked for advice in an earlier thread and I made sure to spray from 1-2cm, I did it outside and I did it in one long take.

Hmm. Okay. I kinda had this idea about using the loud voice trait to get several cultist squads with re rolling hits and exalted re rolling wounds then spamming the votlw and tide of traitors stratagems.

Should I bother with cypher and friends? I just realized they probably can't even infiltrate. Could ditch them for 80 million more scrub cultists.

I just think he looks cool and haven't used him yet

What are the differences between the loyalist and chaos rhino models? Are they just aesthetic? I'm building a chaos army but with primarily loyalist models; so they're like a 30k legion transported into 40k. I want to get a loyalist rhino model, but if the kits and weapons are really different, I don't want to waste $40.

Yeah I'm gonna make my own. Hopefully 2 thin layers of paint with ard coat on death guard dice doesn't dq them from playing

>1-2CM away

nigga what, you're supposed to be like a foot away. And shake the fuck out of your can.

Enjoy stripping your boogercoat off.

you did everything wrong
do short burst at 20cm

Yeah man, he's cool. Go for cool.

>1-2cm
Ya dun got goof'd on son

Im not sure what to think of these, it's pretty bad

How cold was it outside?

Good point, I forgot about the deep strike rule. That could be fun. I was planning on using a bunch of War Walkers anyway as they're my favourite CWE model desu.

Probably just going to go with Ulthwé for fluff reasons but their black guardians are different than everyone else's guardians

I'm aware of that user, that's literally my point. Storm Guardians often walked an Aspect path in the past. Now they're potters or whatever.

There are slight weapon differences I believe, but I'm pretty sure you can at least proxy across pretty easily.

Sorry. :P

I also have Black Templar to go with my Armageddon Steel Legion and they sure as hell aren't getting dice.

Chaos Rhino has a Havoc Launcher option.

That's about it. If you want value, get a predator kit. That way you can have a Rhino that can be a tank when you want one.

I am running EC and want to use some possessed for CC.

What's the best/most efficient CP way to get an AL/renegade detachment of them into my army? Patrol? Vanguard? Auxilliary?

Alternatively convince me to take them as EC, it just doesn't seem good enough.

If I want to go for a Dreadnought-centric army as Ultramarines, how many Dreadnoughts should I bring for a 2000-2500 point game? Should I bother getting them Stormravens or would footslogging suffice?

Was planning some hive fleet kronos nids as my army, what would be some fun fluffy conversions to make them more then just a paint job?

Lets you run a 40 blob if you -really- need to stretch your FOC chart (10+30).

DAKKA! DAKKA! DAKKA! is fucking good though, use that shit with lootas. Hose fuckers down.

Havok launcher vs hunter killer missiles

>1-2cm

Go for renegades. 1/2 possessed and 1/2 hellbrutes in a vanguard detachment.

Get the chaos one anyway because it'd literally the same with an extra sprue for the chaos bits. If you go predator like the other user said, get the chaos predator for the same reason. Otherwise, the only difference is chaos gets a frag missile and combi weapons

Anyone have any games today?

I played a horrible one. Open War twist that totally fucked me up. 1 3rd of your army gets deployed at a time and the other 2 3rds come in basically like deepstrike but not actually deepstrike. Failed every single useful charge I attempted. Shooting mostly missed with nice rolls like 3+ to hit with 12 shots and making 3. Psychic Powers were mostly stopped. I killed 5 Plague Marines, almost killed 1 Rhino and brought Mortarian down to 8 wounds. He killed like 70% of my army. At least the guy and everyone else hanging around us made it fun.