/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
I come from the future! I’m here for your women, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-11-26 - Still getting worked on & now has 20738 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-11-30!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

bgb.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=19671
thh.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=dark_skin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Protomechs being fuck ugly!

Do you know the Doug Chaffee story on why the initial ones were ugly?

Third for help me kill clanners please

Seriously all the help I can get please

They didn't change them or write them off as prototypes and show us Mass produced ones, making them better.

Do tell.

In all brevity, they vaguely told him to draw them like mythical beasts and then published his first draft without ever giving feedback.

bgb.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=19671

All I got.

I need to get one of those goofy mother fuckers one day.

Is this a MOTHERFUCKIN Gurren Lagann reference?

>Dat urbie.

Seriously gib tips

Are you the guy posting earlier about AtB? Post your units, pilots and dem quirks. Also what Clan you're fighting, as well as their skill level and equipment rating. Or if you're the guy fighting a Star with a Company, the answers in the last thread are all good.

Assuming you're the AtB guy from last thread: don't bother fighting them with your Mechs. Or, rather, have the Mechs there as a screen, but invest in a company or two of Long Toms (or convert Demolishers into Long Tom carriers) and let artillery do the work FOR you.

The AtB bot's propensity to both flee to the very corner of the map and camp there running in circles, and to concentrate the fire of an entire Trinary on the largest Mech visible to it *every turn*, make taking contracts against the Clans simply unfun (unless blowing the fuck out of Clanners is reward in and of itself). There's no tactical variety in what bot-controlled Clanners do, so don't bother actually "playing" the game - just let them flee to the map corner and shell them into goddamn oblivion.

>I was having a good time playing AtB until I took an anti-Clan planetary assault contract. Now I'm about ready to deliberately fail the mission just to get out of facing a bot which does the same thing every damn time.

>Alternate solution: pic related

Viking proto mechs when?

No but this is

who run bartertown?

Search for tengen, toppa, gurren or lagann and I think a bunch of picks that were tagged with that TTGL meme is on the booru.

Iktf about the nuclear Urbie. I got 10 Base Defense missions in a row, so I said fuck it and loaded a Naga with nukes after the third one.

I'll take that under consideration

are there any instances in bt cannon where the Timberwolf-D ever got used or shown any love? It was always my favorite variant, but in none of the books i read did it ever get any love.

(also unavoidable dick joke)

The mk4 is literally based on the D.

I demand more Taurian negras and turritas!!! Canopian thots are over-rated.

>literally the most hideous madcat

o-ok...

I have plenty of Taurian girls but none from the NCR region.

user, bitch posting must be done when the thread is close to auto sagging or the becky fag starts it.

the user asked...
It's ugly but the A and C are pretty darn nice.

becky fag?

The one than post that lyran girl, becky.

I keep trying to get into this game, but I have no one to play with and the mechs are ridiculously expensive(fuck ironwind. 20 bucks for an itty bitty lump of pewter?).

Are there any recasters I can buy from or is ebay and ironwinds the only way? Because this is kinda dumb, especially if one wants multiples of the same mech/unit.

???

I thought it was Taylor Swift who was posted for House Steiner.

I don't see why we should agree to use your rules.

Warhansa. You're welcome.

God dammit namefag don't do this so early in the thread. At least turn your fucking name off if you're going to shitpost. The fuck do you even have that name for anyway? You hardly ever post anything relevant to needing it.

save the canopians for the end of the thread

It should be best girl for best faction.

but who is becky?

Because it let other anons to have Mech or fluff only conversations without getting derrailed,and doesn't scare newfag, posting women is barely related and thus better done in a slow day or at the end of the thread, where it doesn't matter.

Canopians are always relevant to every stage of the thread.

>but none from the NCR region.

That's OK. Taurian girls are actually from the NTR region.

How realistic is it for a merc command to have access to nukes. I have an urge to commit war crimes on clanners, but only if it is plausible.

Ok, it's funny and alright to bump or at the end of a thread but can we stop?

No idea user.
But have a wolverine.

But I want to be mad NOW

Favorite WoB mech?

You don't flip out like this at the guy posting taylor swift gifs.

I do whenever I'm here, and it's more than one Lyranposter doing it.

I'd rather have a crab. It's a better generalist.

I kinda want to collect Battletech minis but it's not like I'd ever get any use out of them.

thh.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=dark_skin

Literally the best medium generalist.

Better than the Griffin for sure.

Nice b8 m8 I rate an 8

It's rare to see a Timber Wolf in art or fiction outside of the Prime config.

Highly unrealistic. It would get you on everyone's shit list. The merc trade has a guild or other admin that would put out death sentences for everyone in your unit for pulling that shit, on Clanners or on the IS.

Because she's white. That makes it better.

No it's Becky

There's more than one Canopus poster too.

Paint them and imagine using them while playing megamek. It's what half of us ends like.

Haha I get it now

I wasn't asking about the consequences. Only about access to them.

never said there wasn't, but thanks anyway for stopping

What? Don't dare to compare filthy canopians with glorious Taurian chocolate amazones.

It is better than the griffin as a generalist. The griffin is a better mech 1v1 against a crab sure, it's 5 tons heavier for a start. But the crab has more utility against a wider variety of foes and in a wider variety of situations. For example, anything that can get into hugging distance of both mechs is going to be more difficult for the griffin to handle than the crab, because both the griffin's weapons ahve a minumum range.

Nothing against the griffin, it's a perfectly good mech and it's got utility, just the crab's got more.

Incredibly low for the most part. The Acquisition roll is something like skill+11, +9 for Regulans, IIRC.

But Canopians are chocolate amazons. Literally, they're a matriarchy of female warriors run by the only dark skinned house in the Human Sphere.

I love how they were smart enough to play along with the Star League occupation instead of resisting it violently.

They're clever to play to their strengths instead of being obstinate fools.

Answer remains the same. Between the 3rd SW and FCCW it was extremely difficult for House units to get access to nukes. Mercs would have an even harder time.

Griffin is better for scouting, city fighting, providing fire support, and dealing with non-'Mech opponents since you can load Smoke or Frag rounds for the LRMs.

Wolverine-M is better than both as a generalist too.

See, now I have to start posting them again, and after the other poster made such a nice argument for me to stop.

Also, Shimmy did you fucking do this? What possessed you to do this if you did? The left leg was like this too.

...the fuck HAPPENED to that poor Mongoose? Can Mechs even GET Down Syndrome?

Thoughts on the Celestial series mechs?

>medium lasers
>red
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like retractable blades

As whores and Liao boot licker (literally I Bet).
They don't even know what honor is, they would have sold it early one anyway for drugs and aphrodisiacs.
Meanwhile Taurins would die to the last to protect the concordat.

>standard and ER lasers = Red
>pulse laser = Green
>PPCs = Blue

What's the problem?

>Meanwhile Taurins would die to the last to protect the concordat.

Good. Please proceed.

Cool looking/10. They suffer from new toy syndrome, no FUCKING ECM for the C3i, and generally shit configurations for the most part. But they can be downright vicious with MD pilots as intended, and with non stock configs

Are RE-lasers any good?

Thank you both gentlemen.

The luminous and infernus variants tend towards decent. Small cockpits suck and your forces will fare better if named after power and phone utility companies.

Large lasers = red
Medium lasers = green
Small lasers = blue

It is known.

They literally have REEEEE in the name, user. What do you think?

Not really. With the errata they received they're not absolute garbage, but they're still not really worth the tonnage unless you're running out of crits.

Fuck off, Stormfury. Nobody wants you here.

Pretty based if you know how to use them.

Some people are too stupid to understand them and so rant against them here and on the OF.

No. Even with the errata, they are only *marginally* better against specialty armour than an equivalent tonnage of standard lasers while still sucking more against other armour types.

Fuck off Medron. Nobody wants you here.

I remember a time when the trolls where better. What happened? Where did the good trolls go. What happened to hammering on divisive issues on factions to stir up the thread. When did things go so downhill as to have this low effort pol tier trolls?

For the love of Blake please stop, even if you're pretending to be mad.

Get CGL to release some fucking product and it'll stop.

They literally have a worse performance profile than an equivalent mass of standard lasers against armour types that aren't susceptible to them and are only a very tiny little bit better against Hardened, Ferro-Lamellor, or Reflective armour.

They have a small niche against BA where fewer but harder hitting shots against Reflec troopers might score you a kill faster or on things meant to fight ASFs because of Threshold rules.

Even taking that into account they're still dumb because the Feddies' whole fucking thing is ballistics and guess what works just fine against anti-laser armour? Oh, right. Ballistics. Particularly ones with specialty ammo.

Low quality bait lowers standards eventually. Just talk around them; we can always make a new thread when this one fills up. It's not like we can't link replies and easily follow convos while they beat themselves off to being retarded.

No, then we'll autistically nit-pick it and accuse each other of being retards who don't understand it.

But at least the arguments will be about new things for a while.

goddamnit

What's your prefered fan tro /btg/? Because "Ours" isn't advancing a bit.

>Even the TROLLS were better in the old days
Whatever, Granddad.

Threadly reminder: ilClan never ever.

I liked TRO 3063 for the nice Marik gear.

>implying the furries would ever stop beings autistic and unite

We are in grog central after all.

If you had any inkling how mad I am at Muninn, you'd think I was Kirc Cameron-Jones reeing at Wobbies.

I have had thoughts of using conventional infantry in my merc company, but the cost of kitting them out for antimech work makes them noncompetitive. I would be better of on a cost basis to use vees. It also seems it would e a pain in the ass to transport a regiment of infantry versus the amount of combat value it would have. Has anyone found a way to use infantry as a main role as opposed to a support role that makes sense?